• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

Miztik

Smash Master
I tried to pick up Sheik, and failed. But I'm not afraid to lose with her.

Edit: *him.
at least you know your going to lose

;)

i'm not afraid to lose with sheik either!
prob cuz you've become so used to it

xD

Actually I'd really like to see how you do against another puff main as well (more specifically one who's better than I am).
if you want i can main puff

chu dat looks so good against puff

i'd like to see chu dat vs hbox
we arent friends

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
ICs don't really need to approach Puff that often, but they still need to be somewhat aggressive because otherwise, Puff can push ICs the side of the stage, which is problematic. I think the match-up boils down to ICs trying to shield camp a lot at a certain distance while throwing out the occasional smash/aerial/utilt/ice block/etc. to catch Puff off-guard. I personally only like to grab when I think the Puff will shield, but I still see other ICs players get grabs at other times.

Puff just needs a really good sense of how to position herself relative to ICs. Most Puffs I've played are pretty bad at zoning ICs, although Psychomidget is really good at it for no apparent reason.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
ICs don't really need to approach Puff that often, but they still need to be somewhat aggressive because otherwise, Puff can push ICs the side of the stage, which is problematic. I think the match-up boils down to ICs trying to shield camp a lot at a certain distance while throwing out the occasional smash/aerial/utilt/ice block/etc. to catch Puff off-guard. I personally only like to grab when I think the Puff will shield, but I still see other ICs players get grabs at other times.

Puff just needs a really good sense of how to position herself relative to ICs. Most Puffs I've played are pretty bad at zoning ICs, although Psychomidget is really good at it for no apparent reason.
He's good at a lot of things for no apparent reason though :D

also that matchup really is amazingly difficult. I feel like ICs can, on average, better punish a spacing mistake made by puff, but that puff can always threaten a rest any time ICs miss a grab/smash...and threaten to edgeguard nana if near the edge of the stage.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i happen to think ic's have the advantage when both of them are there because they do soooo much damage LOL

but puff can **** nana so easily, but i dont care. i protect nana son

nana doing a blizzard by herself is soooo good, it makes puff think too much and then popo can do whatever

get at my falco guys

surpassing pp and mango all dai

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
kenny u probably cant but if u came today u can try

i heard u got off on jr with peach

just us peach son she *****

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i know i can beat your falco with peach :p

i'm just curious if i can do it with marth too. hehe

edit: i'm too lazy to walk all the way to the bus stop today. plus anthony already came over and my heart is in his pants, so... yeah...

MacD

Banned via Administration
Nooooooo :cry:

the super amazing EC tourney i was looking for is going to be the first weekend in june... also known as the weekend before finals!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

peepee what do i do??????? going to the EC is my dream, except school... :cry: :cry:

i know i know, the answer is don't go, you can just come to apex 2 months later... :cry: :cry:

ugh, guess i'll go to canada and just have fun there

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
nana doing a blizzard by herself is soooo good, it makes puff think too much and then popo can do whatever
I think Nana blizzard is really unreliable against Puff in most circumstances. She can occupy this space above the blizzard in which she can safely retreat if she feels she can't safely approach or she can punish Nana, who is forced to be stationary and can't protect herself, if Popo moves a bit away from Nana or if Puff correctly reads whatever Popo chooses to do. Using blizzard usually feels like an invitation to potentially get hit or lose ground against Puff to me, although I can see it being useful near the edge or for quickly protecting yourself against a near-ground Puff.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Nooooooo :cry:

the super amazing EC tourney i was looking for is going to be the first weekend in june... also known as the weekend before finals!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

peepee what do i do??????? going to the EC is my dream, except school... :cry: :cry:

i know i know, the answer is don't go, you can just come to apex 2 months later... :cry: :cry:

ugh, guess i'll go to canada and just have fun there
Listen to yourself, MacD. You're talking crazy.

EC is having one billion tournies this summer lol. I live on the EC and I doubt I'll make more than one(unless I'm lucky). You'll be fine. =)

MacD

i wish all smashers lived in a state, still were seperated by regions, and we'd still have smaller tournies, but we could go visit each other easier and we could have super tournies more often and it'd be cheap

idk if that would work in the end but hey, why not

EDIT: it's on the Eastern Coast and that's where the people i wanna hang with are, even it is South by smash regions

pockyD

Smash Legend
I didn't expect to find you with that one, Pocky.

Sup bro.
sup!

i do visit the modesto thread in the boringest of boring times

i wish all smashers lived in a state, still were seperated by regions, and we'd still have smaller tournies, but we could go visit each other easier and we could have super tournies more often and it'd be cheap
that's how the "old" EC used to be :(

MacD

uh oh peepee

looks like genesis 2 is going to try and be inbetween apex and that tourney plank just announced...

you know what htat means for your tourney

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Lol yeah I know. NC always gets *****. =(

And hahahahaha Pocky, I knew you had a dirty sense of humor in you!(modesto is very pervy btw)

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
modesto hasn't been to a bay area tourney in like over a year
we REALLY suck at transportation.
i wish there was a cheap way to get there.

plus isn't it advertised that norcal disowns modesto?
or has that died down a bit?

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
You should all get in really good shape and bike to everything.
That involves work though. . . . and this IS modesto. . . .\

nuff said

and just try to beat me w/ samus in another set, JR!! mang! I diizzare you!

and genesis two? wheres that gonna be? link?
prolly hasnt been posted yet. . . nvm

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i'm nowhere near "in shape" but i'd bike to a tournament.

i used to ride a bike to work (less than 4 miles rofl)
but my bike got stolen from behind little caesars

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
honestly

when you ride a bike to someone's house, you take that **** inside with you. haha

my bike got stolen because it was in the backyard to little caesars (which someone used bolt cutters on the fence lock)

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
lol modesto theft johns

gotta steal it right back from them!

also my transportation must involve swimming some indiscriminate distance because biking is for noobs who can't swim!

Top Bottom