• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
kenny hit me up when you wake up

im bored...
hello poop

i forgot i was supposed to go hang out with peter and william this morning.
i told peter i'd be there at 11 to go to their friend's house for a mini-nerdfest.

i woke up early enough to go too. lol i just forgot.

i've flaked on them more than i have anyone else... ever...

edit: mini-nerdfest = cvs2, sf4, halo3, ssbb, ssbm and/or others.
with super street fighter 4 coming out, i wouldn't mind getting into it but i'd have to actually put effort in and practice. it's a pretty cool game that relies heavily on reads and reactions.

does anybody here play sf4?

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
hahahahaha FOY

i clicked that video link and was listening to the song while reading some stuff and realized how cool the song sounded. i curiously clicked the link in time to see that dude's big *** **** catch that chick and **** on his face. OMG AMAZING lol

p.s. WHY HASN'T ANYONE TOLD ME LADY GAGA IS ACTUALLY REALLY GOOD

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
hey john. i miss your gentle caress.

and i'm serious about lady gaga. the stuff i'm finding on youtube is actually really good.
the first 20 or so seconds of the pokerface video literally gave me chills. SOOOO AMAZING AND UNIQUE

p.s. this has nothing to do with whether or not she's hot. thank you.

p.p.p.s.s. the "just dance" video is like a really generic version of ladygaga with broke *** akon.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198

Miztik

Smash Master
nah fly, Modesto overall is a good place for nonsense. If you were to experience the modesto smashfests that take place once every blue moon you'd know.
when me and kenny are in the same building amazing convos happen, unfortunately that has happened all the time for smashfest sadly...

Modesto thread is like the WC Connecticut thread. But they have like 5000+ pages in that ****.
if you were to go back and add up all of our closed threads we could compete with there amount of pages and thats back when the boards was only me, jamie (park), andre and kenny

the good ole days of modesto spam you guys missed out

one time i literrally made a thread with a bunch of bs called "super soak this thread" it was all spam i lasted like an hour it was ****en amazing

i actually got banned for that thread lol only a temp ban but it wasnt cuz of the thread i was banned for telling neighborhoodP to go eat a ****

misa misa :)

never seen the movies though

yes it is.

all our threads eventually get deleted for spam. lmao
i think this is the longest we've had a thread actually....but then again we dont really spam it just a bunch of random bs convos

Wombo master
DR PEEPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE YOU!!!!

Wtf Noone Posted Anything Today At All!!!!

Boring modesto day.
**** YOU ******!

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
i totally would

but i dont have a ride :/

oh & kirbyraeg
after only watching the first match i can see where you need work.

poor choices while edgeguarding there was one time where you charged an usmash when jdm was recovering from below... and another time where you could have dropped off and got an easy edgeguard but you let him back on the stage instead. try to recognize these situations and act properly.
you should try controling space more with your aerials and needles. shiek can create somewhat of a wall with proper use of her aerials. if fox is coming towards you approaching, shiek can jump back and space fairs or bairs or even needles.

i notice you like to act out of your rolls too. you were doing rolls into grabs (which was working for some reason i still cant figure out, bad opponent i guess) and rolls into dashdance fairs? rolls into tilts... basically stop rolling into moves lol. sometimes jdm would usmash your shield and you would just roll away... when you couldve just wavedashed into grab and dthrow techchase his *** =P

seems like you improved alot though

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
fine, here's something for you to waste 15 minutes of your time doing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sglwsSYeAws
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRfcDJINK5Y&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6LvlDa3Hjg&feature=related

talk to me and tell me everything i'm doing wrong (other than still rolling wayyyyy too much).
1. Yeah way too much rolling. A lot of the time you'd roll instead of punishing your opponents mistakes, as in you would roll after your opponent threw out an attack that wouldn't have even hit you

2. Work on edgeguards/edgehogs. You could've finished fox off quite a few times where instead you relied on fox recovering poorly so that you could get your finishing hit off. There was also at least one time where fox used up B and barely recovered (a simple edge hog would've finished him)

3. Learn to wavedash away from your opponent. It's very useful

4. Use needles more often

5. I didn't see you transform into zelda at all. Undoubtedly the largest flaw in your playstyle :lick:

Foy

Smash Champion
i totally would

but i dont have a ride :/

oh & kirbyraeg
after only watching the first match i can see where you need work.

poor choices while edgeguarding there was one time where you charged an usmash when jdm was recovering from below... and another time where you could have dropped off and got an easy edgeguard but you let him back on the stage instead. try to recognize these situations and act properly.
you should try controling space more with your aerials and needles. shiek can create somewhat of a wall with proper use of her aerials. if fox is coming towards you approaching, shiek can jump back and space fairs or bairs or even needles.

i notice you like to act out of your rolls too. you were doing rolls into grabs (which was working for some reason i still cant figure out, bad opponent i guess) and rolls into dashdance fairs? rolls into tilts... basically stop rolling into moves lol. sometimes jdm would usmash your shield and you would just roll away... when you couldve just wavedashed into grab and dthrow techchase his *** =P

seems like you improved alot though
Ill **** you up noob

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
spenser, with out watching any of the videos i've read what they said and agree. lol

with sheik wd oos and wd back for spacing are infinitely valuable... or something.
along with mixups between full and short hop needles charging, you create the perfect defense for any approaching opponent.

while in the air charging needles, you're options are a) release them b) cancel to wave land forward as an approach c) wave land back d) cancel to fair/bair or e) simply cancel and jump again to restart the process.

^^^^ that will likely convince them to stay on your *** in efforts to prevent you from starting it up again.
so be mindful of this and punish accordingly.

p.s. i made this a bit too indepth. the goal is for all this to feel natural so you don't waste any focus on it.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
Sage_Osaka taught me advanced techniques.

HomemadeWaffles taught me how to move.

KFC taught me how to think.

LumpyCPU taught me how to utilize all those together and finally not suck.

edit: kirbyraeg and foy taught me how not to use kirby.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
Lumpy, somebody needs to teach you how to DI.
what did you watch to influence that statement?

i won't completely disagree but i've gotten significantly better at all aspects of melee since last time i've been recorded. haha

Homebrew on the wii is pretty legit. Got SF II turbo, a couple megaman games, and other classic junk.

the SFII Ryu computer gave me a good laugh. All it does is spam hadouken. That aint the SFII-IV metagame.

MacD

Banned via Administration
i watched the vid chok, funny, i never click on links either, idk why i clicked on that one

probably cuase it related to power rangers

Top Bottom