• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i didn't feel like "waist" would get my meaning across. lol

edit: that was, by far (BY FAR), the most emo thing i've ever written. haha

Foy

Smash Champion
My newest female client(hoe) might be moving to cali sometime soon and i might tag along then fly back. Which means you kneegrows need to house me for a period of time.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
I think modesto needs a goal

every modesto smasher needs enough material for their own personal combo video by the end of next year

length isn't an issue, but get in the spirit of it!

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
seriously it would only take 1 day against modesto players for me to get enough material for a **** ic's combo vid

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
it would take me a couple days of playing modesto to make a decent ic's combo video. lmfao
man... smash... gigigigigigigiguah!!!!!

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
then obviously you guys don't really NEED to improve

you're missing the point though :p

this is for the lower skill smashers here

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
you know my cockiness is fake, right?

andre's is genuine.

do you really consider me to be someone who doesn't need to improve? lol

edit: ok, i'm alright.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
andre, do you have a vcr?

if we record, i promise i'll try to make a montage/highligh/combo video of modesto or worst come to worst, just andre. lol

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i think we have vcr's but we haven't used them in ages, im not sure which ones work or which ones we could even use the wii on

but we can try :)

edit: i just got off on kim for a little while

but i think hes at about kenny's level, more or less

another obligatory modesto pr

best player in modesto: su
1. me
2. kenny
3. miztik/kim, maybe about tied. anthony's marth would **** kim's peach as always though
4. spenser i guess?
5. nick?
6. dotey/kaushik/whoever

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
andre, those are useless lol

you know it's impossible to do that when half of those people don't play

kim's peach is the ****. i wanna play him now.

and not to sound ignorant, but can you really put spenser and nick in separate places on that list? lol
aren't they like... the same?

edit: you can put kaushik so you can prolly put jamie. if you put jamie you have to put keith. if you put keith you have to put brandon and macd and if you put them you have to put xilopryce and then superradbrian then you have to put lunchbox and felix and then you have to put chillindude62 and then you have to put aniki (he beats ken all the time!!!!) then you have to put roy and bowser, then you have to put xilopryce again then you have to put S.A.R.S.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
man peepee

i watched ur set with hbox

really good

it doesnt seem impossible, the way you strategized

i noticed, playing defensively usually benefitted you, but that's hard to say since falco needs those offensive options to be able to do any damage. just saying, the lasers and bairs were sooo effective, approaching seems mad risky, but youre really good at improvising those combos so you punished harder than nay other falco would've. still, jigglypuff benefits more from being approached by falco because if jigglypuff spaces better, it's wayyyy easier for her to punish. DIing those uthrows is always hard but you got this

also, that combo on stadium was the coolest death combo on puff i've ever seen. i didn't think that was possible. **** rocks. keep it up man

but yeah, i think you can do it if you keep thinking and making tiny adjustments to your game. bairs ****. i've never seen a falco give hbox that much trouble before, but i believed in you from the start because i know you adapt and strategize so well. go for gold next time!

haha, brawl made me better at playing against puff, esp. when i realized how to beat wario

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Thanks Choknater! =)

I'm learning a good bit watching the matches, and I'm getting better with Falco in general because Twitch(my brother) had some kind of breakthrough today, so maybe I'll pull out the win next time. Who knows?

i really want to beat Hbox though. He's been beating me for almost a year haha.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
Yo PP. You gotta take his stock more then you lose yours when fighting jiggs.

edit: i wanna hear about twitch's breakthrough

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha im not trying to advise PP, i'm simply making observations and encouraging him to beat hbox :) i want it to happen too, he is from modesto after all ;)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
come over :)

and then you can come w/ me to kaushiks later haha

if they are still planning something...?

Miztik

Smash Master
Hi Kids do you like violence?

Hey whats up everyone i miss you guys kinda...not really but yea i do...

I played DJ Hero, its mad fun....i thought it was gunna be bad...

I got Hangover, and I Love You, Man...my life is great...

Avatar was fucken amazing to me...it was too good

Paranormal Activity is arguably one of the worst movies ive ever seen...soo bad

I realize how much i love madden...smash is ehh too me right now...i just wanna play madden now!

i miss wow....

umm.....

fuck my dick in the face

stay sweet

Jigglypuff is too good. I think I'm ditching fox for puff. Jab gimmicks get ***** so hard by rest.

Also man the more I play brawl the worse it seems to get. It's pretty boring outside of meta knight dittos and meta knight vs. Snake as silly as it sounds.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol i enjoy sheik/wolf/peach, they are the funnest characters cuz they live off their offensive options

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
Hey whats up everyone i miss you guys kinda...not really but yea i do...

I played DJ Hero, its mad fun....i thought it was gunna be bad...

I got Hangover, and I Love You, Man...my life is great...

Avatar was fucken amazing to me...it was too good

Paranormal Activity is arguably one of the worst movies ive ever seen...soo bad

I realize how much i love madden...smash is ehh too me right now...i just wanna play madden now!

i miss wow....

umm.....

fuck my dick in the face

stay sweet
are you back?
Jigglypuff is too good. I think I'm ditching fox for puff. Jab gimmicks get ***** so hard by rest.

Also man the more I play brawl the worse it seems to get. It's pretty boring outside of meta knight dittos and meta knight vs. Snake as silly as it sounds.
don't drop fox completely. (not that you'd be able to)
yo whats good

smashfest at my house in a couple of days?

i fly back to cali tmw :)
omg i miss/love you

Eh I don't know Kenny. I honestly think I did a lot better using jigglypuff against Andre. Jigglypuff is just too easy to use. Jab gimmicks : free rest, dash attack on fast fallers : free rest, etc 20 other ways to land rest. I still did alright with marth. My reaction times are pretty good so why not abuse it.

I still want to play teams with people.

Miztik

Smash Master
are you back?
no not til sunday

Eh I don't know Kenny. I honestly think I did a lot better using jigglypuff against Andre. Jigglypuff is just too easy to use. Jab gimmicks : free rest, dash attack on fast fallers : free rest, etc 20 other ways to land rest. I still did alright with marth. My reaction times are pretty good so why not abuse it.

I still want to play teams with people.
you shouldnt base who you use after one session of using that char against 1 person no matter who it is. No offense to andre or you but i dont think puff is one of his better match ups my puff seems to do fairly well against him at times but against others is so, so

i think you should wait to decide on if you should main puff when you play against other people as well as just andre

Top Bottom