• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
Eh I don't know Kenny. I honestly think I did a lot better using jigglypuff against Andre. Jigglypuff is just too easy to use. Jab gimmicks : free rest, dash attack on fast fallers : free rest, etc 20 other ways to land rest. I still did alright with marth. My reaction times are pretty good so why not abuse it.

I still want to play teams with people.
i was about to say what anthony said. don't base your main off of andre.
a lot of people are good against fox or at least better against fox than they are against puff.
the higher level you play at, the more people are going to know any given match up.

plus andre thought my falco was good until i told him why he wasn't ****** me.
after that he starting beating my *** (iirc). not for a second did i consider playing falco on more than a casual level.

with all this said, puff is a great character and everyone struggles against her.
just be prepared to lose to my fox and/or sheik for all of eternity.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
edit: anthony, my gearscore is 4.2k and i have over 60 triumph badges. me and this healer just ran like 9 heroics back to back. i finally hit 80 and have nobody to play with because you guys all abandoned me.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
adaias just work on all your characters until you feel you have a solid main

i personally have had like 8 mains

fox falco ic's sheik falcon peach zelda marth

you are still in the beginner stages IMO but you're getting there because you have solid tech skill and can beat the noob crew and stuff

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
you are still in the beginner stages IMO but you're getting there because you have solid tech skill and can beat the noob crew and stuff
LOL

FACT: if you want to be "getting there" you have to have solid tech skill and beat the noob crew.

adaias, we gotta do a bunch of sets like last time everytime we play to ensure that we get to play enough. next time don't go all fox (unless you really aren't feeling anyone else).
last time i played a char of yours that wasn't fox it was in bracket at the merced tournament.
so you have peach johns. hehe

Yeah lets do some more zero dollar moneymatches LOL

I'll probably still continue to cycle through marth, puff, fox depending on who I am playing and what character. Anyways I've been practicing puff lately so it's just not that I am basing who I want to use based on Andre. If I were to base my main on Andre's playing style I'd probably pick peach :p

Naota21t

Smash Champion
the idea of switching mains just cuz you did well against someone who's better then you in friendlies is a concept that is as old as smash itself.

just pick one character and stay with him, even if you get ***** over and over.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
FACT: if you want to be "getting there" you have to have solid tech skill and beat the noob crew.
you can't use "you **** the noob crew" as a measurement for anything other than you not sucking anymore

work harder adidas! you can do pri guh

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
thats what i mean

not sucking anymore = getting there

because a lot of people suck lol

sheesh you guys care about my words too much

i just say things

MM me guys

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
the idea of switching mains just cuz you did well against someone who's better then you in friendlies is a concept that is as old as smash itself.

just pick one character and stay with him, even if you get ***** over and over.
well he's still new enough to switch mains and have it not be a big deal.

btw, who do you main? lol
i remember you playing marth and doc. lol
and puff. and fox. it's fox, right?
thats what i mean

not sucking anymore = getting there

because a lot of people suck lol

sheesh you guys care about my words too much

i just say things

MM me guys
me and keith just watched m2k get 3-0'd by hungrybox from tipped off 5 or whatever

that ****'s depressing

Miztik

Smash Master
edit: anthony, my gearscore is 4.2k and i have over 60 triumph badges. me and this healer just ran like 9 heroics back to back. i finally hit 80 and have nobody to play with because you guys all abandoned me.
ill be back on sunday but wont be able to play i need a couple bucks to pay my month...i have like 12 i think...

*yaaaaawn* think what you will, i'll show you the truth in like 3 months, or maybe 8, or whenever i go home again
cant wait ;)

me and keith just watched m2k get 3-0'd by hungrybox from tipped off 5 or whatever

that ****'s depressing
*****!

get your spirits even more down by watching kage vs. mango

.....**** I can't believe it happened
i can

Miztik

Smash Master
you should buy the 245 shoulders and hands i think you dont need trophy for...my gearscore was 4.7k and thats still not good enough for horde side...

i cant wait to play again lol

Edit:

well dont worry about those peices of gear i'd say if you have other needed upgrades...then again you can always talk to keith...

Naota21t

Smash Champion
i main fox. i use marth against fast fallers, doc against people who dont' know how to play against docs (floaties mainly) and jiggs rarely in teams.

just main fox, it'll make all ur other characters. once i got good with fox after playing him a while, i went back to doc for some friendlies w/ friends and my doc got so much better.

better skill w/ fox = better overall skill w/ all chars.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
its not depressing that hbox beat m2k 3-0 because hbox is better

his fault for still not figuring out the puff matchup even after all these losses to mango, knowing full well that that is his biggest weakness

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
get your spirits even more down by watching kage vs. mango

.....**** I can't believe it happened
that's not depressing at all. i was rooting for kage. lol
i like ganon. i like kage. i hate puff. i'm indifferent to mango and falco.
that adds up to me wanting kage to win.
you should buy the 245 shoulders and hands i think you dont need trophy for...my gearscore was 4.7k and thats still not good enough for horde side...

i cant wait to play again lol

Edit:

well dont worry about those peices of gear i'd say if you have other needed upgrades...then again you can always talk to keith...
i should've gotten the 245 shoulders but i needed another piece of t9 for the set bonus. (i think it's worth it). i still have 200's i need to replace.
better skill w/ fox = better overall skill w/ all chars.
i don't think it has to be fox. just someone with a lot of options.
basically any top tier (including puff) is good enough.
if you put focus on one character for long enough, the results will carry over.

just don't start with peach or anyone worse than falcon because the skill carries over a lot less, imo.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
andre, i meant depressing because i wanted m2k to win. not for any logical reason. lol

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
I would say that you should start with any of the more technical characters. Any character that trains your fingers to move faster will improve your overall game

Happy New Years Eve from the past

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
****, that sounds horrible

i had a nice quiet one with my family...as usual :D

and it's only depressing to me to see the hangover johns, man mango should just man up and say kage ***** the **** out of him

MasterShake

Smash Lord
Mango just lost, he wasn't ***** (got comebacked and jv 2'd, I mean really). Besides, didn't he 3 stock kage in game 2?

And I identify with Lumpy for once, I wish M2k won more. I do not think Hungrybox is better than him.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
thats okay, it doesnt really matter

top 4 in america right now i think might be mango m2k hbox and MAYYYYYBE peepee

if not pp, probably macd

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
Happy New Year.

How'd you all spend it? I spent it getting my car towed and finding out how much it'll cost to fix... Huzzah!
i went to sleep at around 10pm watching the office or something of that nature.
Mango just lost, he wasn't ***** (got comebacked and jv 2'd, I mean really). Besides, didn't he 3 stock kage in game 2?

And I identify with Lumpy for once, I wish M2k won more. I do not think Hungrybox is better than him.
for once? we are sex twins. that's hard to come by these days...

thats okay, it doesnt really matter

top 4 in america right now i think might be mango m2k hbox and MAYYYYYBE peepee

if not pp, probably macd
MACdeezay
Why am I awake......
because you love me

edit: why am i so gay?

i mean. "you love me" "sex twins" "macd" why would i say things like that... i'm learning a lot about myself.

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
happy news years, peeps! havent read the past 4 pages. . . .
SOOOO tired atm, I keep playing poker on new years at one point in time or another. . . . this time it was at 4am . . =p

MacD

Banned via Administration
amazingly i didn't ahve to name seach this thread this time to see all the posts about me =D

but andre, everytime i was making a text to someone, i was like "happy b-day *delete* new years" whoops hhaha

and we got this, let's go pp, you and me gotta take down hbox so we can be top 4 together, let's play at pound even though we have no real reason to except the modesto thread!!!! except actually i wanna play falco's, stupid zhu uses fox and it's hard :(

kenny you're random and possibly a tad homo... well beyond the normal homo you are usually

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Haha sounds good MacD. We still should play because we probably won't be seeing each other for a good while after that haha(though I am from modesto =p).

I could definitely use Peach experience too. You've been doing pretty well lately so I know it'll be helpful at the least. =)

MacD

haha i'm not that good, i just know how to DADS

but yea it'll be cool... hope i don't **** you in pools!!!!!!!!! (doubtful but i'm dreaming big!!! bracket here i come!!!)

this was my 2222 post and i don't even get to see how it looks on the count :(

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Lol the most unfortunate double post I have seen. =p

DADS?

I'm sure I'll get a few West Coast guys in my pool at some point, look out. <3

I'm teaming with LoZR. Second best in NC, and is a dang beast. We're going to surprise some people.

What about you? Who are you teaming with?

MacD

DADS= Dash Attack Down Smash some modesto history for you

aw LoZR, fox falco... me and zhu eat those teams up for lunch ;) but yea i'm temaing with zhu, we're planning on getting first so sorry, but you guys can have 2nd

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
macd will get off

turlock is more powerful than modesto, after all

1. turlock
2. modesto
3. north carolina
4. ceres
5. socal, canada, europe, md/va, ny, fl, wa, whatever

Top Bottom