• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Haha yeah i'm down. I've been wanting to play teams too actually.

And i've got the up throw DI down now (have for a while). I feel like i've improved a lot recently since i've actually been practicing for a few hours a day. I played a 99 stock game as fox earlier all the way through and in that amount of time I got better at pretty much everything.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
me and andre did a 99stock match at 8am last week. that shizznit was da shizznit!

adaias, keith has blazblue on ps3 but he literally never plays it.
visually, i LOVE that game to death. i just didn't have much fun trying to play it so i got bored and haven't touched it.

p.s. i have a small lump of cash now, so i wanna go to a tourney before someone steals it again.
when's the next tourney you plan on going to nick? (or andre... but who am i kidding)

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
youtube.com/lumpycpu
yayuhzz

is that even my youtube's url? i don't remember... ha

MacD

Banned via Administration
aye yie yie (sp??)

playing spacies for tech skill on your own is a good thing

if you wanna main someone, fooling around with them is a good thing

see how they move on stages, where their jumps take you, how to get to certain platforms, wavedashing around things, just the basics can be good to do on your own, especially if you aren't comfortable with a character *cough*nick*cough*

i'm just trying to give some helpful advice to help make you better like if you wanna get really better, i mean i know i can only offer so much... but i'm trying :)

DJMirror

Smash Master
aye yie yie (sp??)

playing spacies for tech skill on your own is a good thing

if you wanna main someone, fooling around with them is a good thing

see how they move on stages, where their jumps take you, how to get to certain platforms, wavedashing around things, just the basics can be good to do on your own, especially if you aren't comfortable with a character *cough*nick*cough*

i'm just trying to give some helpful advice to help make you better like if you wanna get really better, i mean i know i can only offer so much... but i'm trying :)
that advice helps alot

Foy

Smash Champion
Yo since im having a super hard time finding a job out in NY. I decided to start making a combo vid for a certain someone that doesn't like pics of him being photoshopped.

Take a guess who it is. His name starts with a G....

Ends with eorge-is

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Yo since im having a super hard time finding a job out in NY. I decided to start making a combo vid for a certain someone that doesn't like pics of him being photoshopped.

Take a guess who it is. His name starts with a G....

Ends with eorge-is

Yo since im having a super hard time finding George-is out in NY. I decided to start making a combo vid for a certain someone that doesn't like pics of him being photoshopped.

Take a guess who it is. His name starts with a ....

Ends with a ...

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
played some melee at kaushiks house today, random get together

dotey said i got better since i last played him

it's nice to hear

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Andre I want to play youuuuuu

And that is good advice MacD. I've been practicing a lot recently, with puff and fox mostly but with all of the top 8 really. Playing as other characters helped me to find weaknesses/playing as fox helped me to develop tech skill. I've played with puff quite a bit and I feel like I move faster after having practiced with fox so much. I'm gonna take your suggestion and try out stuff with jiggs on different stages that I don't normally play on tho (in other words, cp stages). I've got lots of practice on neutrals but not much on counter pick stages

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
macd's "advice" posts used to be really dumb. haha
i guess my little boy's all grown up now...

So I heard m2k was using jigglypuff, MELEE IS FINISHED

Is there any scheduled day to go to Nick's house? That way we can play teams or something.

Edit: Fly, that's some top quality advice especially the "make your opponent kill himself."

MacD

Banned via Administration
-Powershield missiles
hard but it definitely pays off (though i can't powershield jack squat with IC's)

-Push buttons
it's how i play as IC's, i've done some cool desync combos, but also works with other characters

-Make your opponent kill himself
this is how i beat mango in a $1 peach ditto mm, and the ***** was johning after he lost... sucks to be him

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
So I heard m2k was using jigglypuff, MELEE IS FINISHED

Is there any scheduled day to go to Nick's house? That way we can play teams or something.

Edit: Fly, that's some top quality advice especially the "make your opponent kill himself."
there is no official day yet, probably some day after this upcoming wednesday

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
im glad youre trying to improve nick, and yea if u wanna play me just call me up, hows ur mouth

one thing i notice which is a big flaw in ur playstyle, confirmed by kenny, is that u dont really pay attention to your movements midmatch, and sometimes u do a lot of necessary moves with jiggs that dont really help spacing. this is just constructive criticism, i suggest u watch videos of puff pros to help u get started on finding some ways you can improve, cuz even though you should never lose your style, you should also get rid of bad habits and form good ones :)

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
the only way i think i could help nick's puff get better is to play it with my fox and captain for long periods of time. i wouldn't know any puff specific tips, but if he doesn't start beating my fox more and more, then i could explain what it is i'm punishing.

i'm just glad people want to get good.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
lmao

also, I got off on nick's puff today

but in fairness sheik/puff is a highly advantageous matchup for me

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Yeah spenser destroyed me yesterday. I realized yesterday that the ONLY shiek experience i had previously were the few games i played against kenny's and spenser's shieks a few months ago. So it was actually really good practice and i feel like I got a lot better at the matchup yesterday.

Idk tho, it really went back and forth. Spenser definitely won more, but the games were pretty close. I felt like I was pretty much just autopiloting most of the matches, but when I was actually able to focus on a game I'd do really well.

I'm gonna put all of my focus on puff and put the other characters aside for a while though. And Idk when i'll be able to have people over again since people ended up coming over yesterday (it was kinda random) and my parents weren't too happy about it.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
nick, next time we can we should play sheik vs puff.
i think at our level of play sheik beats puff pretty bad, but i feel like i would benefit from the practicing disciplined gayness my sheik strives for while you would benefit from trying to get around my predictable but dominant sheik.

adaias, you have it on wii? if so, does the c-stick jump or do smash attacks?

Lumpy, it only jumps, it sucks but oh well. I wonder if I can find some way to change it to regular c-stick, but you know the programming on c-stick is tricky (lol no melee codes for c-stick training mode).

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
I KNOW

WTF

i've searched teh darkest corners of the internet and have NOT found codes to use the c-stick one player modes...

i just wanna to btt and hrc with the real rules and ability to pause and reset instantly.

edit: when's the tournament that we're all going to? (plz)

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i didn't even have to click it. lol
then i read your post for the confirmation.

foy. i'll be there at heart. LET'S TEAM!

first place in teams will be "foy and kenny's heart" (lvl9ganon)

So I did a 99 stock TEAMS match today.

Me (jigglypuff) and a cpu lvl 9 fox vs lvl9 luigi and ganon. The cpu characters were all at random. Random stage: Battlefield.

Total time: 72 minutes and 40 seconds of non-stop rests from puff and up b from ganon.

I don't know how I managed to play for that long for one single match.

Edit: I killed with rest a total of 142 times (I counted). This is what happens when I don't have anything else to do.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
you should find a way to record and make (interesting) melee videos with your free time. lol
i've done that a few times and it's really fun.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
it's overwhelming how many flaws and signs of distrust you'll overlook during time of need. by the time you grow aware of what's really happening, the medication has you paralyzed from the pelvic thrust down, leaving you unable to walk away.

she used the biggest shard of her broken heart to stab me in the back while pretending she was treating my wounds. face down on the operating table, i realize i've mistaken the phrase, "i got your back"

Top Bottom