• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
fly, i want to start randomly talking to you on aim. (even though i'm never on)

i'm gonna go to sleep now.

p.s. is today christmas?

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Okay, I'm on pretty often nowadays.

I'm guessing that today isn't Christmas since none of my family members have complained about me not opening presents yet.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i guess tomorrow is christmas.

i guess we're "celebrating" it the day after.

i guess that means i'll have to go home for once.

i hope i'm a bad guesser.

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
haha, gud stuff!

quick question before I log, I might be coming bacjk to sac before the 9th, or I might still be in vegas; either way, there is going to be a melee tournament held that I will probably be going to.
my question is, despite the fact Id know a few ppl in davis and dont know the people too well here (a couple, but not many), Do I prefer to try to get to sac to play in a 30-50 man tourney I prolly wont cash in, but would get the chance to play with a higher freq of better players, or do I opt to stay in vegas and play in a 12-16 man tourney that I would have a better shot in, though I wouldnt get as much play? hope that all made sense. . . .

Merry Christmas Y'all!
Cocktails Yo!

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
all made sense. (shockingly)

i'd go with bigger turn out unless you play them all the time.

i'd rather get 5th at a decent sized norcal tourney than get first at a modesto tourney.

just listen to the heart of the cards.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i learned how to handoff bowser and captain one day.
i could only do it with dthrow. (not sure if that's what you guys are talking about)

i think i want to learn to wobble. i bet i would learn quickly once i knew how to start it.

LMFAO anthony accidentally started wobbling me in the budokai temple game when we were playing the other day. honestly, he was shocked but he kept it going lol

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
that is a great story

i wish i could do that

andre you need to learn to wobble! dotey did it in around half an hour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kenny, I can wobble. You're technical skill is better than mine so it shouldn't take any time to learn something simple as that. I should start using peach and ICs, top tiers really only apply at top level play. Playing to win is too good. No one in Modesto plays at top level so I should join the floaty bandwagon.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
Kenny, I can wobble. You're technical skill is better than mine so it shouldn't take any time to learn something simple as that. I should start using peach and ICs, top tiers really only apply at top level play. Playing to win is too good. No one in Modesto plays at top level so I should join the floaty bandwagon.
even if you surpass modesto, you'll still be limited by your character.

edit: but i like the way you're thinking. play to win... (maybe then you will actually win some) OOOOOOOOH

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i play above top level

come on people

top 7 chars = unlimited potential, win tournys

next 4 chars = you can place high and be mad good, and beat mango/darkrain still

if you guys are gonna hop a bandwagon, lets hop on the socal/midwest metagame bandwagon of falcon vs ic's

that matchup is soooooo fun on both sides

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
I smashed with kaushik and su on christmas eve and i think my puff is 2 or 3 times better than my second best character (I have no idea who that is tho). My zelda gets creative combos sometimes but zelda isn't good enough as a character to be anything other than a character I enjoy playing and play occasionally. My marth is only good 1/4 of the time, and my peach has it's moments but it still needs quite a bit of improvement. It seems like my second best character is just whoever i feel like playing as at the time, and any other character I try using is just horrible. I'm really in the mood to go to a tourney tho and I'm looking forward to Davis. When's the next Merced tournament, does anyone know?

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
darkrain is amazing. that's all i feel like contributing to that conversation.

Does anyone in Modesto have blazblue? I've been wanting to play that game but I am not going to buy a console just for it. (I bought a wii just for brawl and a gamecube just for melee)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
kim has it on 360

jpeg, handoff is the brawl-type cg in melee where you can do alternate dthrow/fthrow near the edge with ic's

and nick, i think you should learn fox/falco. seriously, they should be like the first stepping stone to getting good at smash, lol.

MacD

Banned via Administration
don't listen to andre nick

actually puff is a good character to learn with, you get the basic's of l cancelling and you have to get good with you're spacing, you may not get super extreme tech skill but just work on that on the side

or, anyone you wanna main in tournies is a good character to use haha, grated, starting with peach and having a c stick down isn't exactly the best way to learn to be smart with a character

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha just saying it never hurts to learn fox falco because tech skill with other characters becomes so much easier

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Yeah I agree that fox/falco are the best characters to start practicing with. I've been playing as fox a lot these past few days and my tech skill is slowly but surely improving and I'm noticing improvement with other characters as well. There's not a lot I can get better at with puff at this point without playing other people, so it makes more sense to me to practice with spacies.

I don't see how tech skill will really help nick out with his puff. He needs to keep practicing the same things he's been doing to keep improving. Maybe I'm wrong, but it has been working so far

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Tech skill won't really help my puff, just my other characters. IMO there isn't a lot I can practice with puff tho unless i'm practicing it against an actual opponent. I feel like I need to get better at reading my opponent than anything else, and that can only be done against a human (or a lumpy cpu)

Top Bottom