• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
lol, foy, I actually think we did well. and I only count 3 knees! (also two dairs and 2 bairs to be exact) . . . .and let's not forget that dair you did to me at 2:06! =D
man though, is that the way I play all the time? I look like im on crack!

lol at start of the first match.
I understand why I did that now, I looked down at our icons/lives and peach's icons are to the left of mine, so I simply assumed. . . . .
and george-isnt? . . . haha. . . very funny kenny. . . .
I'll "isnt" all over your face!

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
more funny that they were tournament matches.
foy's kirby is too good in teams though

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
I just had a thought. With a team of kirbys would you be able to have one kirby swallow your opponent and spit them out to the other kirby who would then repeat the process? (That is, without your opponent being able to do anything)

Foy

Smash Champion
Um. It would take some pretty good spacing since the spit part hits. and then sends them upward. So it would be hard but possible.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
yeah, it's just about predicting whether the guy will break out of star form or not, and how early they can/will do it

so probably not the first time you spit them out, but after that they'd probably start staying in star form/changing their breakout time to catch the receiver off guard. especially since most people would jump out of it (and that there's a slight upward lift after they escape star form) you'd have to predict exactly what they were going to do, space yourself, jump up, and THEN swallow them again.

but that would be the most amazing clip to ever grace a combo video

now we HAVE to do this, let's do it next tournament we're...at...together...is that ever going to happen? T_T

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
o no, I know (and agree). I was jokin about changing mains. ^_^
Man, there arent many things a falcon main can do to screw himself over more, but picking up kirby might just be one of them.
Listen to me, I sound like scar now =D

joon just put up more vids, foy. You should toally do the same . . . . .*wink*

edit:manaphy OU?

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Manaphy (Japanese: マナフィ Manaphy) is a Water-type legendary Pokémon.
It is not known to evolve into or from any other Pokémon. However, it has the unprecedented ability to breed, though the offspring is a Phione. Manaphy was the last Pokémon in the Sinnoh Pokédex before the Platinum expansion.
Biology

Physiology
Manaphy is a small, blue, aquatic Pokémon. It has stubby feet and club-like arms that are longer than its body. Manaphy has a red gem on its chest. Manaphy has a round head with a pair of long blue antennae. Eighty percent of Manaphy's body is made of water and is highly susceptible to its environment. One of these reactions is that when Manaphy reproduces in an ocean that's warmer than those that they are native to, the child will be a Phione as opposed to another Manaphy.
Gender differences
Manaphy is a genderless species.
Special abilities
Due to Manaphy's high water content in its body, it can heal itself whenever it is raining. Manaphy can control water and focus it into attacks such as Water Pulse and BubbleBeam. Manaphy can also switch the perspective of people, and Pokémon, with each other, by using its signature move, Heart Swap. Manaphy is able to recall its birthplace as well.
Behavior
Due to the presence of the special egg, most portrayals of Manaphy are newborns with a childlike demeanor. Manaphy has been observed to be playful, similar to the behaviors of Mew, Celebi and Jirachi.
Habitat
Manaphy appears to be native to the cold oceans of the Fiore region, but cannot hatch there, instead usually only being able to be hatched in the Sinnoh region.
Diet
Main article: Pokémon food
In the anime

Manaphy riding on a Lapras
Manaphy is the star of the ninth movie, Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea. It is initially an egg that an evil gang and its leader wants to steal. Manaphy hatches in May's hands and helps the People of the Water to find the Samiya. It is known as the Prince of the Sea. It was mentioned in Up Close and Personable! but not seen.
Manaphy also makes a cameo in Together and in We Will Be Heroes.
In the manga

In the manga "Pokémon Ranger - The Comic," Cameron from Summerland found Manaphy's Egg on Fiore's Sea, then it was stolen by the Go-Rock Squad who wanted to use its enormous powers for bad purposes when it hatched. This plan failed when Solana and Lunick saved the egg and it was given to Prof. Hastings's granddaughter who lives in Sinnoh.
Manaphy also appears as a silhouette in the Emerald chapter of the Pokémon Adventures manga. Guile Hideout plans to use a fake Kyogre created by Jirachi to find Manaphy, although the reason he is targeting it is unknown.
In the TCG

Main article: Manaphy (TCG)
Other appearances

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Manaphy on Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
When released from a Poké Ball, Manaphy uses Heart Swap, which temporarily switches the body of the user with another player. KO's still count for the original player.
Game data

NPC appearances
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2: While exploring Surrounded Sea, the team find a Wonder egg that hatches into a Manaphy. They look after it for a while but it becomes sick from spending too long out of the sea. Manaphy is sent to live with a Walrein but returns soon after the defeat of Darkrai to officially join the team. Manaphy loves to explore and discovered the Marine Resort.
Pokédex entries
Gen Game Pokédex entry
I This Pokémon was not available in Generation I.
II This Pokémon was not available in Generation II.
III This Pokémon was not available in Generation III.
IV Diamond Born on a cold seafloor, it will swim great distances to return to its birthplace.
Pearl Water makes up 80% of its body. This Pokémon is easily affected by its environment.
Platinum It is born with a wondrous power that lets it bond with any kind of Pokémon.
HeartGold どんな ポケモンとでも こころを かよいあわせる ことが できる ふしぎな のうりょくを もっている。
SoulSilver どんな ポケモンとでも こころを かよいあわせる ことが できる ふしぎな のうりょくを もっている。
Game locations
Gen Game Rarity Area
I This Pokémon was not available in Generation I.
II This Pokémon was not available in Generation II.
III This Pokémon was not available in Generation III.
IV Diamond Pearl None Received from Pokémon Ranger from Fiore or Almia (egg)
Platinum None Received from Pokémon Ranger from Fiore or Almia (egg)
HeartGold SoulSilver None Trade
In side games
Game Location
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon
Explorers of Time/Darkness Sharpedo Bluff (after finding Wonder Egg in Surrounded Sea) automaticaly recruits there when finished the darkrai mission.
Pokémon Ranger Lyra Forest (in a Ranger Net mission)
Pokémon Ranger:
Shadows of Almia Vientown (after a Special Mission)
Pokémon Rumble Ticket for releasing three Phione
In events
Event Location Year Level
World Hobby Fair Manaphy Japan 2006 5
Palcity Manaphy Japan 2007 50
Toys "R" Us United States 2007 50
Nintendo World Store United States 2007 50
E for All Manaphy United States 2007 50
JB Hi-Fi Manaphy Australia 2007 50
Nintendo of Korea Manaphy Korea 2008 1
Stats
Base stats
Stat Range
At Lv. 50 At Lv. 100
HP: 100
160 - 207 310 - 404
Attack: 100
94 - 167 184 - 328
Defense: 100
94 - 167 184 - 328
Sp.Atk: 100
94 - 167 184 - 328
Sp.Def: 100
94 - 167 184 - 328
Speed: 100
94 - 167 184 - 328
Total: 600 Other Pokémon with this total
Minimum stats are calculated with 0 EVs, IVs of 0, and a hindering nature.
Maximum stats are calculated with 252 EVs, IVs of 31, and a helpful nature.

Pokéthlon stats
Speed
3/4 ★★★☆
Power
2/3 ★★☆
Technique
4/5 ★★★★☆
Stamina
3/4 ★★★☆
Jump
3/3 ★★★
Total
15/19 ★★★

Type effectiveness
Weak to Resistant to Immune to Normal effectiveness
Grass : 2×
Electric : 2×
Steel : ½×
Fire : ½×
Water : ½×
Ice : ½×
Normal : 1×
Fighting : 1×
Flying : 1×
Poison : 1×
Ground : 1×
Rock : 1×
Bug : 1×
Ghost : 1×
Psychic : 1×
Dragon : 1×
Dark : 1×
Learnset
Manaphy is capable of learning the following moves in Generation IV.
Moves in bold are damaging moves to which STAB applies.

By leveling up
Generation IV
Level Move Type Cat. Pwr. Acc. PP Contest Appeal
Start Bubble Water Special 20 100% 30 Cute 2 ♥♥
Start Tail Glow Bug Status — —% 20 Beauty 0
Start Water Sport Water Status — —% 15 Cute 2 ♥♥
9 Charm Normal Status — 100% 20 Cute 2 ♥♥
16 Supersonic Normal Status — 55% 20 Smart 2 ♥♥
24 BubbleBeam Water Special 65 100% 20 Beauty 2 ♥♥
31 Acid Armor Poison Status — —% 40 Tough 0
39 Whirlpool Water Special 15 70% 15 Beauty 0
46 Water Pulse Water Special 60 100% 20 Beauty 2 ♥♥
54 Aqua Ring Water Status — —% 20 Beauty 0
61 Dive Water Physical 80 100% 10 Beauty 1 ♥
69 Rain Dance Water Status — —% 5 Tough 2 ♥♥
76 Heart Swap Psychic Status — —% 10 Cool 0
Bold indicates a move that gets STAB
Italic indicates a move that gets STAB only from an evolution of this Pokémon
By TM/HM
Generation IV
TM Move Type Cat. Pwr. Acc. PP Contest Appeal
TM03 Water Pulse Water Special 60 100% 20 Beauty 2 ♥♥
TM04 Calm Mind Psychic Status — —% 20 Smart 0
TM06 Toxic Poison Status — 85% 10 Smart 2 ♥♥
TM07 Hail Ice Status — —% 10 Beauty 2 ♥♥
TM10 Hidden Power Normal Special — 100% 15 Smart 1 ♥
TM13 Ice Beam Ice Special 95 100% 10 Beauty 2 ♥♥
TM14 Blizzard Ice Special 120 70% 5 Beauty 2 ♥♥
TM15 Hyper Beam Normal Special 150 90% 5 Cool 2 ♥♥
TM16 Light Screen Psychic Status — —% 30 Beauty 2 ♥♥
TM17 Protect Normal Status — —% 10 Cute 0
TM18 Rain Dance Water Status — —% 5 Tough 2 ♥♥
TM20 Safeguard Normal Status — —% 25 Beauty 2 ♥♥
TM21 Frustration Normal Physical — 100% 20 Cute 2 ♥♥
TM27 Return Normal Physical — 100% 20 Cute 2 ♥♥
TM29 Psychic Psychic Special 90 100% 10 Smart 2 ♥♥
TM30 Shadow Ball Ghost Special 80 100% 15 Smart 2 ♥♥
TM32 Double Team Normal Status — —% 15 Cool 2 ♥♥
TM33 Reflect Psychic Status — —% 20 Smart 2 ♥♥
TM42 Facade Normal Physical 70 100% 20 Cute 2 ♥♥
TM43 Secret Power Normal Physical 70 100% 20 Smart 2 ♥♥
TM44 Rest Psychic Status — —% 10 Cute 0
TM48 Skill Swap Psychic Status — —% 10 Smart 0
TM53 Energy Ball Grass Special 80 100% 10 Beauty 2 ♥♥
TM55 Brine Water Special 65 100% 10 Smart 2 ♥♥
TM56 Fling Dark Physical — 100% 10 Tough 1 ♥
TM58 Endure Normal Status — —% 10 Tough 2 ♥♥
TM68 Giga Impact Normal Physical 150 90% 5 Beauty 2 ♥♥
TM70 Flash Normal Status — 100% 20 Beauty 2 ♥♥
TM77 Psych Up Normal Status — —% 10 Smart 0
TM82 Sleep Talk Normal Status — —% 10 Cute 3 ♥♥♥
TM83 Natural Gift Normal Physical — 100% 15 Cool 2 ♥♥
TM86 Grass Knot Grass Special — 100% 20 Smart 2 ♥♥
TM87 Swagger Normal Status — 90% 15 Cute 2 ♥♥
TM89 U-turn Bug Physical 70 100% 20 Cute 0
TM90 Substitute Normal Status — —% 10 Smart 1 ♥
HM03 Surf Water Special 95 100% 15 Beauty 2 ♥♥
HM05 WhirlpoolHGSS Water Special 15 70% 15 Beauty 0
HM07 Waterfall Water Physical 80 100% 15 Tough 3 ♥♥♥
By tutoring
Generation IV
Game Move Type Cat. Pwr. Acc. PP Contest Appeal
D P Pt HG SS AncientPower Rock Special 60 100% 5 Tough 2 ♥♥
D P Pt HG SS Bounce Flying Physical 85 85% 5 Cute 1 ♥
D P Pt HG SS Dive Water Physical 80 100% 10 Beauty 1 ♥
D P Pt HG SS Heal Bell Normal Status — —% 5 Beauty 0
D P Pt HG SS Helping Hand Normal Status — —% 20 Smart 1 ♥
D P Pt HG SS Icy Wind Ice Special 55 95% 15 Beauty 2 ♥♥
D P Pt HG SS Knock Off Dark Physical 20 100% 20 Smart 3 ♥♥♥
D P Pt HG SS Last Resort Normal Physical 130 100% 5 Cute 0
D P Pt HG SS Mud-Slap Ground Special 20 100% 10 Cute 3 ♥♥♥
D P Pt HG SS Signal Beam Bug Special 75 100% 15 Beauty 2 ♥♥
D P Pt HG SS Snore Normal Special 40 100% 15 Cute 3 ♥♥♥
D P Pt HG SS Swift Normal Special 60 —% 20 Cool 2 ♥♥
D P Pt HG SS Uproar Normal Special 50 100% 10 Cute 2 ♥♥
A colored initial indicates that the move is not available to be tutored in this game,
while a colored background indicates that the move is available.
By event
Generation IV
Obtained in Move Type Cat. Pwr. Acc. PP Contest Appeal
9th Movie Events Heart SwapLv 50 Psychic Status — —% 10 Cool 0
Side game data
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon
Explorers of Time and Explorers of Darkness
Body size: 1 Recruit Rate: 100% IQ Group: B

Evolution

Does not evolve
Phione
Water

Breed
with Ditto

Parent
Manaphy
Water

Sprites
Gen Game
I Red Blue Yellow Red (Ja) Green Back
This Pokémon did not appear during Generation I.
II Gold Silver Crystal Back
This Pokémon did not appear during Generation II.
III Ruby Sapphire Emerald FireRed LeafGreen Back
This Pokémon did not appear during Generation III.
IV Diamond Pearl Platinum HeartGold SoulSilver Back

For other sprites and images, please see Manaphy images on Bulbagarden Archives.
Trivia

Manaphy's English name was uncovered, alongside the English name of Sinnoh, within the internal data of Pokémon Ranger on November 2, 2006.
Jirachi, Manaphy, and Phione are the only legendary Pokémon to have not been given an in-game location in the main series as of yet.
Manaphy is also the only event Pokémon to date that debuted in a spin-off game rather than in the main series.
Manaphy is actually lighter and shorter than Phione.
Manaphy and Ditto are the only Pokémon that are both able to breed and unobtainable through breeding.
Manaphy and Phione are the only legendary Pokémon capable of producing eggs in a daycare legitimately.
Manaphy is tied with Heatran for the fastest hatch time among legendary Pokémon at only 11 egg cycles.
In Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2, Manaphy is constantly referred to as a male.
In Manaphy's Platinum Pokédex entry, it says that it can connect with the heart of any Pokémon using a special power it possesses from birth, which is a reference to Manaphy's signature move, Heart Swap. However, Manaphy actually can't learn this move until level 76.
Manaphy is the last Water-type Pokémon in National Pokédex order.
Aside from Pokémon Snap, Manaphy and Phione are currently the only legendary Pokémon clearly shown hatching from eggs. In the games, Manaphy is the only Pokémon whose egg is different than the standard sprite.
Manaphy's title, "The Prince of the Sea," may be a reference to the sea butterfly. Another name for the sea butterfly is Thecosomata, which means "sluglike angel of the sea."
It is nearly impossible to get a shiny Manaphy. Most Mystery Gifted Pokémon are coded so that if the personality value generated for the Pokémon is one that would make it shiny under the Trainer it is given to, the personality value is regenerated until it ends up not shiny. However, transferring in a Manaphy egg via Mystery Gift will only cause the egg's generated value to be checked against the current Trainer ID and Secret ID. Thus, on trading to another game, with a different Trainer ID and secret ID, the Manaphy has a chance at hatching shiny.
Despite the fact that a Manaphy egg needs to hatch in warmer regions than its original region, the only place it can be transferred to before the introduction of HeartGold and SoulSilver was Diamond, Pearl and Platinum, which all take place in Sinnoh, a rather cold place to hatch such a thing.
Origin
Manaphy may be based upon sea angels, tiny transparent ocean mollusks that look like ocean fairies and possess pairs of flexible tentacles they use to feed.
Name origin
Manaphy's name may be based on manatee, the name of a water-dwelling mammal. It could also be a combination of mana and fairy.
In other languages

German: Manaphy
French: Manaphy
Korean: 마나피 Manaphy
Events

There were many events giving away Manaphy through Mystery Gift in 2007. These special edition Manaphy were contained in a Cherish Ball. They were also holding a Red Scarf, most likely a reference to May's scarf in the ninth movie.
A Manaphy egg is also transferable from Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia.
The code to unlock the Manaphy mission in the North American version of Pokémon Ranger is P8M2-9D6F-43H7, while in the European version, it is Mg35-Cpb8-4FW8.

OU (which stands for Overused tier) is a tier in competitive pokémon battling.

tl;dr pokeymanz, lol manafoy

Manaphy's small movepool doesn't impress me much especially with rain lasting 5-8 turns. Get walled by vaporeon!

I got to taste a cricket today and I wasn't impressed with the taste. Tastes like the burnt oil it was cooked on.

True manaphy does have energy ball but its general movepool makes it get walled pretty easily. I have not played with manaphy, but I would believe that grass knot would be better overall as it hits the standard tier harder than energy ball on average. Manaphy has a shallow movepool and suboptimal coverage.

I don't know why it was banned in the first place without any testing when it clearly isn't broken. <-- I was trying to hint at that earlier with vaporeon.

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
name searching. . . you can do that?!?
Edit: Holy ****ness!! There's been a search function on top of the website the entire time! I feel like im the last person ever learning this. . . . .

and hey manalord! whuddup?
Foys spoken cool things of you =)
and please dont drop falcon for fox. . . if you havent already

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
name searching. . . you can do that?!?
Edit: Holy ****ness!! There's been a search function on top of the website the entire time! I feel like im the last person ever learning this. . . . .

and hey manalord! whuddup?
Foys spoken highly of you =)
and please dont drop falcon for fox. . . if you havent already
I think that we need a revival of smash within the modesto community...seriously, we need to kick-start improvement drive v2.0

also, namesearching is handy for some people

but there are just some people who are known to do it very frequently

like jfox

that ain't jaedong

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
hehe
and im def down for a modesto smashfest. . . has to be before wed the 23rd though. . .have a flight then. . . .of course you can all have one without me, Im just saying for me being able to come, thats when it would have to be
edit: preferably with merced ppl too. (I like to call them merDEAD ppl for how infrequent they post. . .cept bizz at times)

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Might be able to make it if the hospital where my surgery is taking place burns to the ground.

And what are you talking about Spense, improvement drive 2.0 has already started. We just had a training session at Anthony's a few days ago. I looked at some of my vids from the 1st Merced tourney and I can't believe how much worse I was then. I've improved a ton in these last few months

Might be able to make it if the hospital where my surgery is taking place burns to the ground.

And what are you talking about Spense, improvement drive 2.0 has already started. We just had a training session at Anthony's a few days ago. I looked at some of my vids from the 1st Merced tourney and I can't believe how much worse I was then. I've improved a ton in these last few months
This man speaks the truth. Spenser where you at?

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
ok fine

MY PERSONAL IMPROVEMENT DRIVE

also, you seemed about the same skill-wise, comparing the last time i played you before i went to school to thanksgiving break...what does that mean?

Have you guys tried porygonz lead yet? OH MAH GAH, it is too good. What other lead hands out 6-0s every once in a while? If your foe doesn't have a ghost consider the game DONE. It OHKOs Azelf, infernape, and other leads. 2HKOs metagross, heatran, etc bulkier leads. I think the answer is quite clear here.

I 6-0'ed setrack with it, so consider this a solid lead.

+1 speed / special attack on turn one is too good.

Foy

Smash Champion
I Slept With a Bag of Weed Bcoz i have AMAZING Boobs

Sounds about right.

.... a homo****....what the ****.

Top Bottom