• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Modesto Tournament: FEB 10 *Park's House!* RESULTS!

TGE-Pixie

Smash Rookie
Hey guys.
We would really appreciate two extra gamecubes and copies of the game for use in the tournament. If you don't mind donating yours for the day, it would really help speed things up. You all know how long the 1 vs 1 usually takes by itself.
Tournament screens for the (1 vs 1) will be 1(the big screen), 10(little tv-left), 11(little tv-right), and 12(old tv-back corner). Tournament screens for doubles will be 1 & 12. If both teams agree, you can opt to use a different screen, but I really think the biggest issue will be seating 4 people around the smaller ones.
Tournament finals have to be on either screen 1 or screen 2 unfortunately because those are the only tvs we can record from.

Final note, please read the new FAQ on our site regarding the Smash Tournaments. (www.modusblue.com OR www.gamingedgegaming.com)

Hope to see many of you tomorrow.

Tomi-X

Smash Lord
Lol i never thought you had a good DK before. Rofl. If you don't remember I'm the one who sat off in the distance laser spamming you on the ground for sheer ****s in giggles. If you really want I won't be easy on you this go time round. And I will MM you 20$ if you want. But just keep in mind I won't be goin easy on you like last time.

TC1: 3$ sounds fine. If you want you can ban FD altogether for counter CG purposes.

EDIT: STDs are bad when you have work the next day.

Ninnnnty...you're still goin to this one right? me and MM need a ride and yeah. who's all going? will there be any more room? lemme know.

EDIT:Gaming Edge...if you guys don't mind putting me on reserve or whatever, ill bring my own cube for sure. free entry right? just lemme know about this, thanks in advance.

tc1

Smash Lord
People>>i Can Go Yaaaaahhhhhhh...but I Need A Ride From Sac .. Please Someone Say They'll Drive Me .. Please Hahahahaha.. Tomi How Are U Going. .i No I Hvent Had Ne Practice But O Well .. Alrite Ppl .. Layter.....please.

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
Lol i never thought you had a good DK before. Rofl. If you don't remember I'm the one who sat off in the distance laser spamming you on the ground for sheer ****s in giggles. If you really want I won't be easy on you this go time round. And I will MM you 20$ if you want. But just keep in mind I won't be goin easy on you like last time.

TC1: 3$ sounds fine. If you want you can ban FD altogether for counter CG purposes.

EDIT: STDs are bad when you have work the next day.
*sigh* The excuses come out. You can do whatever your gonna do, but you still won't beat me. I'll be sure to show you what i can do next time, and you are making a mistake by MM'ing me for $20. The sad part is that i could probably beat your fox with my secondary character. You have great technical skill, i'll give you that, but you lack mind games, and after playing KFC for so long, dealing with technical skill is not a problem. You can still make all the excuses for why you lost last time, and why you're gonna lose the next time we MM, but i still won, and am going to win. You are just giving me easy money. :laugh:

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
soooo. 1$ match anyone? except i don't have any 1$ bills ;D. i'll accept from anyone, i'll use ice climbers or c.falcon. 2/3 let's do it!

brandon will be there for sure, he got pretty darn good. i'm 80% sure that i'm going tomorrow, and if i go, i might bring my brother... and kero will come with me for sure. jackson can't make it, jamie has to go to a quinceanera.

sooo other than that, be prepared to see a new and improved ice climbers. i'm after those fox players out there. and anyone else who's interested ;D

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
lol you're so ignorant. Just ask Germ, King, and Bobmoney who I just played last night and who I play regularly. Lol i made no excuses for losing far from it, I just told you I was sandbaggin you like crazy and I could have won or loss based on that.

Well I guess I'm just gonna have to 4 stock you to shut you up. No johns.

LOL you were trying to show me what you could do last time. You just don't have the experience and the know how to deal with someone who knows what the hell to do against a juggling DK. It's not perfect. Neither are you far from it. DK has limits and you obviously saw how I avoided them last time. Think about it. Not one aero to death combo. . . geeze I wonder why. You are a terriblly slow player and you do not play DK as correct and precisely as you should. Just to let you know I even sanbagged KFC with no CGs.

lol DK can't do much and from what I've seen there's nothing really else you can show me ESPECIALLY since your DK is very very slow. lol. fox vs DK. Oh man. I can't wait for 20$ in my pocket.

tc1

Smash Lord
well thats all good and nice with tha whole ill pwn u ..NOOoo ill pwn .. but plz can u give me a ride to this 1 .. plz// i mean if u have space..Id hella appreciate it..come on if i had a car id help u ...I wuld really, Dnt turn ur bak help your smash brethren =) ,,AHAHA IF ITS A no wat ever,, O 1 more thing,, i dnt care about sqeasing ,,,If we can fit 8 ppl in a 5 ppl |J|E|E|P .i can sqeese ..well consider it alrite man layter

S.A.R.S.

Smash Cadet
hey Mexican i think ur good anybody that can do that stuff with DK has to be good u r to NK in this i think Mexican has it harder ....being DK is says it enough playing with a Low-Tier is hard especially against Fox i give u madd props Mexican cuz u make high-tiers look as if they are low-tiers. also in nk u you probably can beat Mexican but i doubt that crazy monkey will get 4-stocked

NK y do u sandbag all the time???
if ur that good y don't u show it

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hahah nk and mexican silly kids arguing... i'm just glad i use ice climbers who are so weird that no one can say anything, just johns "THERE'S F*CKING TWO OF THEM!??!?!"

i'm not that great though, i use captain falcon lately

tc1

Smash Lord
Well They Call Me THe CF slayer so expect to get slayed hahahahha j/p,,and my plead still stands NK...o and to mxcn ahahahahahah THe Evil Plumber shallcome again ..hahahaha

:mario:

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
****, that really sux NK, my DK is slow? man, that's sad....you got beat by a slow and crappy dk. Man, i feel sorry for you. That just shows you how much better i am than you. I didn't use the one advantage DK has over fox, and i still beat you. You should have slaughtered me, Fox whoops Dk, and i whooped you. I outfoxed your fox. I just can't wait to see your face after the match. Easy money. And you are the only person i have a beef with, nobody else. So don't call me cocky. I'm usually a pretty cool laid back guy. Ask anybody at TGE. I just don't like the fact that you say that you can whoop me, even after you played and lost to me, and you had the nerve to say that you could beat the whole FTA. Didn't DM 3 stock you? No Johns.

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
****, that really sux NK, my DK is slow? man, that's sad....you got beat by a slow and crappy dk. Man, i feel sorry for you. That just shows you how much better i am than you. I didn't use the one advantage DK has over fox, and i still beat you. You should have slaughtered me, Fox whoops Dk, and i whooped you. I outfoxed your fox. I just can't wait to see your face after the match. Easy money. And you are the only person i have a beef with, nobody else. So don't call me cocky. I'm usually a pretty cool laid back guy. Ask anybody at TGE. I just don't like the fact that you say that you can whoop me, even after you played and lost to me, and you had the nerve to say that you could beat the whole FTA. Didn't DM 3 stock you? No Johns.

lolz you stupid noob. lol ask DM what happened next time round. lol if you also didn't notice I was laughing my *** off each and every single match you noob. I was mocking you and purposely badgering you. lol if i sandbag and lose I don't feel bad, but when you don't know the difference between sandbagging and playing serious. . .noooob. rofl WHOOPED ME LOL IT COMES TO MIND that I took 2 stock off every single match before I started sandbaggin against you not taking any of mine and only when I started sanbaggin did you get stock off me lolololol. And if memory serves me right each match went down to 1 stock WHILST I WAS SANDBAGGING. So who's the crappy player now? just remember that you never ever took first kill and that I felt bad enough to sandbag you unfortunately, letting you win gave you a huge ego and you need to recognize when someone is better than you and I am better than you plain and simple. . .

HOWEVER I may or not be there tomorrow because I will be smashing with the likes of King and Bobmoney and Tang and depending upon how we feel we may make the trip to modesto or not. If i go though don't expect me to sandbag you like i did before cause i think I need to deflate some ego stat! but talk is useless so I say goodnight to you and hopefully you take losing gracefully. ;) nighty night!

Edit: lol you said no johns rofl rofl rofl. noob.

OTHER EDIT: Sars: Really when I don't feel extremely challenged I tend to sandbag. Which is why i usually start out strong and tend to teeter off if I'm winning in a match by a decent amount. you can ask anyone that plays me on a regular bases I sandbag quite a lot unless I'm either pissed or really challenged. So yeah MXCN has made me angry so if we play he willl receive non of my mercy this go round.

DARKMIKE

Smash Apprentice
You are the most unproffesional smasher i have ever played. You talk about all you do is sandbag sandbag, but when it came down to the MM you still lost. And i believe you only beat me once out of 4 matches. Your hella ****ing dumb. You get no respect from me or the FTA. I've met nOObs that can accept their loss better than you.

lol you're so ignorant. Just ask Germ, King, and Bobmoney who I just played last night and who I play regularly. Lol i made no excuses for losing far from it, I just told you I was sandbaggin you like crazy and I could have won or loss based on that.
So you lost the first match and still didn't feel challenged? Your hella garbage and dumb, you complain more than any two people combined. I challenge you to a $20 dollar MM, and you best believe you have a challenge. So don't give me none of that sandbagging garbage. You ingrate. I'll see you at the tourney if you decide to show up Crappy King. DM out.

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
welllllll........ im not really going to say anything because im a humble person......

but maybe you should stop using sandbagging as your excuse. If you lost cuz you sandbagged.. then its your fault. until you beat ANY of FTA in a set friendly or tournament.. (which you havent) then dont claim your better than any of us... -__-. dont worry i still love you lol.

hope to see you guys at the tournament tommorow

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
LOLZ. We'll see if I show up. It's gonna be humiliating losing to the most unhumble and least professional smasher there is huh DarkMike? And why would I want a scrub crew's respect? Hella garbage and dumb just sounds like you trying to attack my character not how i play. I'm gonna make 40 bucks if I go today this is gonna be so awesome. LOLZ I'm just gonna have to bring the hear this go time round nuff said.

KFC: lol ur right no johnz. <3333. I'll just have to play my best even though I don't think Ill need to; maybe on you though, cause you're like the only one with talent in your crew heheheh. alright no hate towards Mr. JR cause he's too good.

Other FTA can just kiss my butt. roflrofl.

EDIT: TC1 if we go and you don't have a ride I'll see if I can't squeeze you in with us alright? I'll keep you posted mangz. :p

Oni Shinigami

Smash Journeyman
**** that's alot of Sheet Talkin goin on both sides. This should be interesting.

All I gotta say is,todays the day. It's time for everybody to just shut up and play. :chuckle:

I have a feeling this is going to be one of the best tournaments yet to date ( That is for Modesto lol )

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
=) hahahaha. NK, whatever happens today, whether i win or you do, i want this beef squashed. I am not in smash to talk crap or have enemies, i'm in smash to play and have fun. So whatever happens, it ends today.

EDIT:It looks like my MM is going to have to be postponed NK, cuz i barely have enough money to enter the tournament right now. We can either have it at the next tourney, or we can play for a lower amount of money, or we can play just for the right to say we won. Your choice

tc1

Smash Lord
LOLZ. We'll see if I show up. It's gonna be humiliating losing to the most unhumble and least professional smasher there is huh DarkMike? And why would I want a scrub crew's respect? Hella garbage and dumb just sounds like you trying to attack my character not how i play. I'm gonna make 40 bucks if I go today this is gonna be so awesome. LOLZ I'm just gonna have to bring the hear this go time round nuff said.

KFC: lol ur right no johnz. <3333. I'll just have to play my best even though I don't think Ill need to; maybe on you though, cause you're like the only one with talent in your crew heheheh. alright no hate towards Mr. JR cause he's too good.

Other FTA can just kiss my butt. roflrofl.

EDIT: TC1 if we go and you don't have a ride I'll see if I can't squeeze you in with us alright? I'll keep you posted mangz. :p

Ok 1st off u attacked every person in fta with a verbal onslaught witch I had nothing to do with,, ,scrub crew?? wow ,, were not scrubs..were did that come from..ok 2nd ,,Jr's the only 1 with talent,, ahhahaha did you beat any of us.,. im not tryin to be cocky or even an *** hole ..but did u beat any onf us in a set.,, ???? well yea ,,next time aim ur disrespect ,,cuz if u miss .. ull find trouble in places wish you hadnt...and y didnt u show up .>??? well yea get bak at me layter

Nintendo King:rocket:

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
full results will be up later

1. darkmike
2. kfc
3. choknater
4. mick

teams

1. darkmike and tc1
2. choknater and mick
3. mexican and oni (oni replaced by waffles)

shoutoutzzzz

darkmike - wow nice samus, you got hella better. i didn't use falco against you because my falco got worse lol, i would probably lose. we had some good matches, props to your samus, it's hella hard to kill. your ganon is WTF?! way too good. good sh*t in teams.

kfc - some more good matches. man i almost came back with popo on that last one. well looks like i lost because you got used to the ice climbers. i can't really chaingrab anymore because it's been so long since i had a working gamecube... i can only practice mindgames and stuff. but good sh*t still, nice link too.

tc1 - man good job in teams, your fox is hard to deal with, especially those shine spikes. i never got to play your fox in any 1v1's but nice ganon, and cool that you're learning ic's. i saw that blizzard chain grabbing hahah nice.

mexican - man i only played you once but that was a cool fight hahah. yeah ice climbers are pretty cheap on dk, but it's all good. see you next time

sage - fun friendlies at the end. thanks for those, i was able to practice some chain grabs because it's been so long since i used em ^_^. your link is good, just use a little less up B lol.

oni - i don't think i ever got to play against you besides that falco ditto which was hella close. but my falco is worse than last time xD. i'll be practicing up with him at school, team pauk's been playing everyday.

brandon - **** man, you're always getting hella better. hella nice combos and stuff today, i saw that with my own eyes. you owned that guy in the doc dittos hahah. well it sucks that i always have to play against you, hopefully next time i won't have to.

mick - lol.

kim - hahah. thanks for the ride. we owned you in teams ^_^. your peach is weird as ever, just develop some mindgames.

jr's sister ,sherry? (i dunno how to spell it) - hey nice to meet you, see you again some time.

momorain - hey nice falcon man, i wanna falcon ditto you some time. nice to meet you.

tomi-x - hahah yeah ic's are cheap :D it's fun playing your fox because like... it's a REAL fox. not ridiculously weird like kfc's. your tech skill is hella fast man, nice sh*t.

marth madness aka chris lol - hey nice matches, good to meet you. we got you guys in teams haha, my brother's peach is really cheap sometimes.

jimbo - weirdest falco i've seen in my life... dude you had me on a run for my money. that was REALLY scary. what's with those up B's HAHAHAH. that's some funny stuff but for some reason it works on everyone. i thought you were some kind of noob when i watched you but it's totally different playing you. really nice. man i barely came back on that last stock with a grab combo haha ^_^ that was me at my best.

i think that's it. i'll put up the full results when they come up.

EDIT: oh hahah yeah nintendoking how come you didn't come after talking all that trash? no johnz son.

Oni Shinigami

Smash Journeyman
I didn't do as well as I think I could have. :(

KFC - Word up son,great **** as always. Thanks for the games,I got alot of experience from that one.

KFC's Sister - Word up kid,nice to meet you. Thanks for the chips offer =P

Dark Mike - Super fun friendlies dude. Thanks for all the mind game help, and congrats.

TC1 - You gots me again kid,super close matches. You moved away? Lame.

MXCN - Nice playing with you today. Sorry I had to ditch out on the teams at the end.

Chris ( The artist formerly known as Marth Madness ) - ggs,wish we would have played again after the first match.

Tommi - Nice friendlies. Good shiznit dude, I noticed some improvements in your game. Good stuff.

Chok - Dude,we didn't get to play?! Ahhhhh!!!

Choks bro - No games,we'll play again next time.

Kero - Good games. The Marth ditto was fun =)

Sage - Good stuff man you surprised me with alot of stuff today.

Brandon - Good stuff dude,get some rest before the next tournament, you've gotten way better.

New Guys - Good games, You all seem pretty cool,nice for the most part =). Hey Jambi,those Falco teams were pretty devastating.

Nintendo King - If your gonna talk alot of yang,you best show up and back up that promise. Nothing personal.

Simna,Snap,Zoap ,Kev$,other past attendies - COME BACK! I wanna play again =)

Oni - Wtf.

tc1

Smash Lord
props My TUrn

CHOK - good **** in teams u kept getting ***** but good ****

JAIME/MICK - man cray peach those were hard matches i play alot of peaches,,so i had practice good **** tho..

DM/MXCN/KFC - Good **** fellow TEam mates

KFC's SIS - hehe thanx 4 a piks

JIMBO - i self d'd and i was nervous tha second match ,.. no johns tho,.,,good game

SAGE - ur tactics are hard to get around ur getting better.

KERO -Good **** only played FFA but good ****.

other stockton smashers good **** .. ANd LAST BUT NOT LEAST THE 2 GUYS THAT GOT HELLA BETTER ..

ONI - good **** it seems like every time i play u ur alot harder,,just work on the mind games u got tha tech skill down,,

SARS/HMW/BRANDON..- omfG..omFG..omFG,,, HOW THA FU* DID U GET SO GOOD,, **** ITS LIKE U STEPPEd into a hyper bolic time chamber with bob money..**** GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDD SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTT.

Yea that shiot was hella fun ..ppl.. Aye i was thinking we should have another std before brawl comes out ,,well good games/shiot all .. c ya next time

TC1 Out

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
ugh, too tired to do shoutouts. i'm going on 3 hours of sleep following a day that i also only go 3 hours of sleep...tired....can't..finish..typ....*falls asleep in the chair*

Snap

Smash Ace
i probably wont be going to these modesto tournies now that im back in berkeley for college

distance from berkeley to modesto is too **** far

i'll probably go to san jose tournaments tho they're not so far from berkeley

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
yeah so what happened was....ender had a smashfest and we had a lot of smashing fun and Nintendoking was there and he was planning to go to the Modesto tournament with Bob$ but i guess Bobby and the ppl in his car got lost or seomthing and didnt make it to ender's house until like 5pm which was too late

LunInSpectra

Smash Lord
stackoverflow.com/users/1459556/rey-gonzales
FTA is not a scrub crew...well..besides KillaForCrack. --lol jk.
NidoKing, Mexican's DK IS good. Don't underestimate him.
I want to be there when Mexican & NK moneymatch...it SHOULD be very competitive.

GJ DarkMike on 1st. When you come down here I've got another counterpick for ya :).

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
yeah so what happened was....ender had a smashfest and we had a lot of smashing fun and Nintendoking was there and he was planning to go to the Modesto tournament with Bob$ but i guess Bobby and the ppl in his car got lost or seomthing and didnt make it to ender's house until like 5pm which was too late

This is correct. Me and Bob$ planned on coming to this but unfortunately the people that brought him to sac didn't make it till way past late. So I ended up just staying at the STD at Ender's place.

so yeah nothing personal just things didnt work out as planned.

TEAM FTA: I don't care anymore about any of this stupid guff. I don't need to prove myself to you guys or vice versa. Any further comments made by both parties will be considered an act of ignorance and noobiness.

Mexican: Yo next time I come around we can have a MM and if you're strapped for cash we can always knock it down a few bucks. I have no problem with doing so.

Dark Mike: Previously mentioned is the reason why I did not show up. Same as Mexican, we're still on for our MM unless you say differently. Also good job winning the tourney.

To all that witnessed our stupidity I apologize on my part.

Peace.

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
FTA is not a scrub crew...well..besides KillaForCrack. --lol jk.
NidoKing, Mexican's DK IS good. Don't underestimate him.
I want to be there when Mexican & NK moneymatch...it SHOULD be very competitive.

GJ DarkMike on 1st. When you come down here I've got another counterpick for ya :).
So lunin, you gonna show up to the TGE tournies anytime soon? They are biweeklies now so you will always know when they are gonna happen. Hopefully its not a day when i have to work though (cuz i have to work saturdays sometimes and can't always show up to the tournies). I wanna get some more friendlies since we've only played like two times.

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
Who does the bracket for this tournament? Do you guys ever have complains with it?

I might come to one on the 16th to see if I can get something in Teams, to get cash for NCT2.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
aw no bob money? that would've been fun...

karthik, the owner of TGE does the brackets. they used to be totally messed up but it looks like he's doing them fine now.

S.A.R.S.

Smash Cadet
NNNNNnnnnnnnnnoooooooooo bob$ shoulda came i coulda played him in a Doc ditto oh well maybe next time

shoutouts

Andre(chok)-lately me and u playing each ohter has been everyday sh*t

Jaime(Mxcn)-those friendlies were fun that thing u did when u were Samus to my falco was crazy and also going to get something to eat was funny all the resturants were closed so we buy a Sh*tload of donuts that we don't even eat ur a cool guy

Kim(Kero)-those were good matches the CF dittos were funny

Mick-u + peach=Crazy

TC1-cool friendlies all were close U LIKE DAT KIRBYNESS!!!!!! thanks for the compliment

Oni-me too tired too too tired wat sucks is every bi-weekly i have to work

Tomi-X-thanks you for whooping my ***

the shiek kid Jyrad i think-thanks you for whooping my *** as well sumwhat i came back though

Momorian-nice CF u got the lucky hit both matches we were at 150% like i said u got the lucky hit

Jamie(Park)-My brother from another mother thanks for playing me the past week sad to not see u there how did u,Lindsay,and Johnny do in Liza's thing bet all were nervous lol

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
So lunin, you gonna show up to the TGE tournies anytime soon? They are biweeklies now so you will always know when they are gonna happen. Hopefully its not a day when i have to work though (cuz i have to work saturdays sometimes and can't always show up to the tournies). I wanna get some more friendlies since we've only played like two times.
He'd probably be there if they didn't conflict with the NCB's (same with me). If you guys have it on different dates though (like this one), and have teams (like this one:p ) then I'd show up. I'll keep checkin this thread just in case.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
He'd probably be there if they didn't conflict with the NCB's (same with me). If you guys have it on different dates though (like this one), and have teams (like this one:p ) then I'd show up. I'll keep checkin this thread just in case.
they don't conflict with NCB's anymore... just the nct2 fundraisers (which i believe are invite only or something? i dunno) but you'll probably be going to those instead of modesto becaue there's better people there. you're welcome here @ modesto anytime though. it's nice to have more competition than stockton and sac regulars.

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
they don't conflict with NCB's anymore... just the nct2 fundraisers (which i believe are invite only or something? i dunno) but you'll probably be going to those instead of modesto becaue there's better people there. you're welcome here @ modesto anytime though. it's nice to have more competition than stockton and sac regulars.
The fundraisers are kind of first come first serve, just because there's a limit to the amount of people who can go (32) considering that it's a garage:chuckle: . If there is a fundraiser during this though, I don't think I'll make it, I just want to support the funding of NCT2, and I'm staff, so I'm kind of obligated;) haha. If there isn't though, then I'll be able to make it, haven't played you guys in a while, some of you should come down to the NCB's sometime.

Top Bottom