• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Modesto Tournament: FEB 10 *Park's House!* RESULTS!

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
OK. im sick of this sandbagging **** everybody says they sandbag everybody. SO NOBODY PLEASE DONT SANDBAG ME cuz i want to know how i would REALLY do when i face some ReaLLY good people like king and bob money and stuff.. cuz last time i played king in a tourney.. he pwned me pretty badly but i could tell he wasnt going his hardest vs me. so KING and everybody else.. DONT SANDBAG ME!!!!!!!!!

give me the honor of playing you guys at your fullest =]

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
That goes double for this MEXICAN guy. If i lose, i want to know where i truly stand, and if i win, then i don't want the excuse that the person was sandbagging. If you play at your fullest then you won't have to make excuses at the end. =) Anyways, like i said before, i'm not that good, I use DK.

tc1

Smash Lord
well hopefully see all of you there ,,, hehe i mite not go but just hopefully .. i will.. ima get some training at this NCB

Zoap

Smash Master
there gonna sandbag no matter wat u guys want lol, ESPECIALLY IN FRIENDLIES never ever take any friendlie serious. Most likely they will still sandbag in tourney, u have to remember that it can be mentally tiring to play 100% all the time. Thats usually why ppl pick up secondary chars, just so they dont have to worry about sandbaggin and someone beating them and going all nutz about it. So dont expect anything lol they are afterall The King and Bob$

tc1

Smash Lord
I dont care what the hell any of you guys say ,, if you get beat in a tourny .. NO F-IN JOHNS.. O i was sand baggin,, thats the only reason why I lost,,, BULLSHIoT IS WHAT I CALL IT .. If ur gona go 2 a torunament ,, to kill yourself.. then you are an idiot .. ppl who go and are supposedly good,, they should go all the way so the other ppl who admire them .. arent loosing or winning to some one who isnt trying.. .... ppl sound very gay ,, when they say theyre sand bagging , 2 me either play at your best or dont play at all , (well only if its a friendly) .. Yea thats all i wanted 2 say . also ZOAP you shouldnt give people that misconception .. I played friendlies with BOB$,HELLA,GERM,CLOUD @ OC2.. none of them sand bagged.. I got beat ,, not badly but none of them intentionally killed them selves .. just a bit of insite you might want to think over..No disespect ,, just i want people to admire them for theyre skill not for they're ability to jump off if your a noob.. O and i agree ,, friendlies really dont mean anything but in a tourny thats when people try,.,) just for the recoed i try in friendlies .,. buts its not as intense as it is when its a tourny match,,

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
I dont care what the hell any of you guys say ,, if you get beat in a tourny .. NO F-IN JOHNS.. O i was sand baggin,, thats the only reason why I lost,,, BULLSHIoT IS WHAT I CALL IT .. If ur gona go 2 a torunament ,, to kill yourself.. then you are an idiot .. ppl who go and are supposedly good,, they should go all the way so the other ppl who admire them .. arent loosing or winning to some one who isnt trying.. .... ppl sound very gay ,, when they say theyre sand bagging , 2 me either play at your best or dont play at all , (well only if its a friendly) .. Yea thats all i wanted 2 say . also ZOAP you shouldnt give people that misconception .. I played friendlies with BOB$,HELLA,GERM,CLOUD @ OC2.. none of them sand bagged.. I got beat ,, not badly but none of them intentionally killed them selves .. just a bit of insite you might want to think over..No disespect ,, just i want people to admire them for theyre skill not for they're ability to jump off if your a noob.. O and i agree ,, friendlies really dont mean anything but in a tourny thats when people try,.,) just for the recoed i try in friendlies .,. buts its not as intense as it is when its a tourny match,,
In tournaments, I've rarely heard anyone say they were sandbagging as an excuse for losing (no one good), when people sandbag in tournies, they almost always win. I'll admit, I sandbag as well (not by choice, kind of a habit, no one too great around here), but in tournaments I don't. As for friendlies, yeah I have to agree with Zoap, I only know a few people that take freindlies serious, cuz they are freindlies, you should do whatever it takes to win, it's called a freindly for a reason XD. Haha w/e though, if you don't want people to sandbag then I guess play against them good enough to where they don't have a choice but to stop sandbagging:cool: heh

Zoap

Smash Master
TC1, Sandbagging does not mean suciding... and yes they were sandbaggin, all of dbr sandbags in friendlies even against each other no offence intended but plz no wat a word means b4 u disput a well known fact

LunInSpectra

Smash Lord
stackoverflow.com/users/1459556/rey-gonzales
Sandbagging is like jogging before a long distance / sprint race. It helps you relax, mentally prep, and have FUN. Especially for me, if you haven't freaking seen me play seriously, you don't know what it is to feel good when you sandbag.

Sandbagging is not trying your Best. Anytime you play under your best (under your best at the time, not under your best of all time), you are sandbagging. You can't say you're sandbagging if you're trying your best but you suck due to your sickness.

DBR sandbags, SilentSpectre sandbags, I sandbag, Isai sandbags. In tourny matches we freaking sandbag. All the way up to the semi-finals I sandbag sometimes (King sandbags even at the 1st finals set). But to get this straight, if we lose fair & square, we NEVER blame it on sandbagging!!!! Usually after losing the first match of sandbagging (if lost), we will Step it up and TRY.

It doesn't matter if someone sandbags in a match ANYWAY. If you can't beat them and they are sandbagging, its you. Yes, you can still sandbag and 4-stock someone.

I don't sandbag when I NEED to try. Otherwise, its mentally & physically exhausting to play the person.

More information:

Jeff & I sandbag against eachother a lot of the time. SF Asians sandbags against eachother a lot the time. DBR sandbags against eachother....A...LOT...OF...THE...TIME.

Examples of Sandbagging:

"I can focus & predict what this guy is going to do, but that takes too much concentration, I'd rather relax"

"I'd rather nair you with my fox than drill-shine-infinite"

"I wanna try some stuff I've never done before"

tc1

Smash Lord
well i guess i was misinformed:mad: .. if you would politely explain what sand bagging:confused: .. is/// 2 me.. if u wuld b so kind.. and i dnt no any 1 that .. sand bags n tourny matches either.. but evidently i no someone who sandbag's in mm:chuckle: .. Ehh eck ermm (NK)...But yea.. EXPLAIN/ ZOAp:psycho:

tc1

Smash Lord
Tahnx i think lunin 4 clearing that up 4 me,, So y dont u guys say not playing at full potienyall ot sumthin .. w/e i guess, hahaha well thanx. nd 2 zoap i humbly apologize.. Yea Afro Justin Was telling Me mostly dbr.. doesnt try unless ur worth playing then it kinda kiks in .. Yup i sand bag .. then if that tha case,, Yup Yup//so wat do u guys think about sand bagging a money ,match ,,read this (c below)

Zoap

Smash Master
sandbaggin is anything that constitutes not playin ur fullest. For EX: Zoap is playing Noob#1, he knows this noob croutch cancels and doesnt shield grab. So instead of playin smart and his normal technical way all Zoap does is Dsmash and dash attack. Also foolin around like walking up to someone and like pulling out toad. OR using one move just for ****s and giggles. Anything that isnt ur smartest best effort is sandbagging.

Most ppl sandbag at about 85-90% there real capacity of fighting. But ive seen some serious sandbaggin b4

And as to a mm sandbaggin if its for a dollar to 3 no big deal but anymore than that is not cool

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
as a matter of fact it is rare to see isai NOT sandbagging :D!

well guys looks like it's gonna be QUITE a challenge since i hear hella good people are coming. if you guys could please help out the owner of TGE because he has some trouble with organization sometimes. and be polite to them please lol because we've had complaints here before and it messes up the atmosphere of modesto smash :'C. we're not that good and it'll be a first for us to see some hella leet guys.

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
Bah I just like to go into automatic drive and play smash I really don't think about anything I do in matches. Under rare occasions I force myself to predict moves based on character spacing and most logical means and most profficient means of attack or defense. THAT however is very rare and there's no one to blame but myself.

And yes Lunin is very correct when he says that if you want to stop someone sandbagging step up your game. I however am extremely lazy so if you do this I'm gonna lose cause trying sucks 97% of the time.

And TC1 20$. Cmon now you know you want to.

Tomi-X

Smash Lord
well truth be told, and this is in no offense to ninty, but he's the only one i ever hear that uses sandbagging as an excuse to losing. no one at oc2 complained about sandbagging (sorry i keep going back to the whole oc2 thing, but man that was a great tournament.), no one in modesto complained about sandbagging. if you sandbag, oh well. it was your own fault, dont use it as an excuse. yeah, maybe your 100% is better than my 100%. but at least i can bring out my 100% 100% of the time. make sense? haha. ill see you guys next saturday.

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
Lol ok you all need to shut up with the "You sandbag it's your fault" crap it's really starting to piss me off. I never gave it as an excuse, sigh let me make this very clear. . .

I sandbag therefore I lose most of the time. That's it. I'm not being petty about it, I'm not saying YOU SUCK I'M WAY BETTER BUT I SANDBAG. Alls I'm sayin is I do it. That's it. Oh well. Big deal. Get off my nutts you little schoolboys. This is the last time I ever say anything to any of you on this subject. Stop being ridiculously childish noobs and get a f'in life already. Wow just wow.

The King

Smash Ace
Where'd all this talk of "King sandbags" come from? Sure I mess around with Zelgadis and a few other guys in Finals and important matches, and no, i'm usually not 100% into my matches otherwise. That's because I got tired of playing really gay and straightforward months ago. I could just do that rest combo ****, but the game loses its draw after a while, especially when i have so many cool combos to play with. Sure I may do slightly worse or give up an advantage here or there, but it doesn't mean I'm not trying or not enjoying myself.

But no one should really expect someone to go 100% or 90% or any certain percent in friendlies. Lunin pretty much summed up exactly how I feel about them. They're for practice, experience, experimentation, and Fun. No worries though, I intend to put forth some effort into trying to place well in this one =).

King Out

Tomi-X

Smash Lord
well one last statement to ninty before i get off the subject as well and be all excited for the next biweekly, there's nothing childish in explaining an opinion, number 1, number 2, explaining the opinion doesn't mean that i have less of a life than you do, and number 3, the first time i said anything about sandbagging was in my last comment. and yes, you do use the excuse of sandbagging a lot. "i lost my mm to mexican because i sandbagged the last half." thats an excuse. and you shouldn't get so upset about "opinions". so stop getting so worked up over something a "childish noob" posts on a forum.

Tomi-X Out.

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
Hey, i realize that people sandbag in friendlies. I think its kinda dumb to give your 100% in friendlies. Thats why i use someone like zelda or samus. I am just barely learning zelda and i don't have anywhere near the technical skill that DARKMIKE has with samus, but i can somewhat use both of them. I use them for fun when i don't give a ****. I always sandbag my friendlies, cuz they're friendlies. I don't expect you guys to give me your best during friendlies (i should have cleared this up earlier, my bad), but during a tourney match, i'm just saying that i don't want sandbagging to be the first thing that my opponent says if i beat them. If you guys are gonna sandbag, then fine, do whatever your gonna do, but if i beat you, don't use that as an excuse. And don't get me wrong, i am not saying that i am going to beat everybody or anything like that, i'm just saying that whoever i do beat, i don't wanna hear that excuse. Now lets just friggin have fun at this tourney and possibly make some money. MEXICAN out...

Oni Shinigami

Smash Journeyman
Sage and I had the craziest practice session ever last night. But we got alot of good matches in.

KFC you still down for us to play at your pad on saturday?

Trying to lv up as much as I can before next tournament.

tc1

Smash Lord
every ones Purty Much On tha rite line about this topic... O and 2 KING i played you my 3rd match at a NCB a few weeks bak before i read this i was wondering why you didnt rest me,, i mean it was cool that you didnt ..but u still won mr wall of pain wait scratch that ..F-n Tower Of torture lol/i didnt no u were sand bagging/ Nice matches... O i think hella sandbags in tourny matches also cause when my friend versed him in the tourny's hed thro away his stitch faces... yea i just thought it was genorocity not sand bagiin,, Cuz all those attackes are purty f-n cheap but what can i say i used 2 play fox.. well yea hopefully ill catch a ride and be up there..

S.A.R.S.

Smash Cadet
at the this tourney can someone better than me play me in frienlies its ok if u sandbagg i don't care i just please jus be ur main thats all i ask

my mindgames aren't really good i have little experience cuz i just started playing smash in june but i think alright for someone whose been playing smash for a couple of months so some better than me jus play me with ur main i'd really appreciate it

TGE-Pixie

Smash Rookie
GCs & Compatible tvs

This next tournament is going to be off the chain.

TGE owners if your reading this I would suggest you find some ways to get more Smash Bros Melee compatible TV's for this tournament because the number of attendants is going to be most impressive.

I myself personally am bringing another TV + Gamecube for more conveniance.
Thank you for being willing to bring your equipment Oni. If you could pm me the dimensions of your television, we can have a table & power arranged for you when you arrive on Saturday. Unfortunately, purchasing or renting tvs is outside of our budget so the only way to acquire more Melee compatible tvs for the tournament will be through the generous donation of people like you. ;) (We've already raided our house if you were wondering where that old old tv #12 came from). We really appreciate it, thank you.

As a side note: Competitors that bring their gamecubes&games or tv and allow us to use it for the tournaments can enter one tournament of their choice for free. So if you bring a gamecube & a tv and allow us to use it for the tournament, you can get into two tournaments for free. It's a first come, first serve basis, and at most we'll only use 4 gamecubes in addition to the 2 we have. This offer excludes equipment used for casuals although I think everyone will agree that the tournament is more fun with cubes to play casuals on the side on.

Oni Shinigami

Smash Journeyman
Thank you for being willing to bring your equipment Oni. If you could pm me the dimensions of your television, we can have a table & power arranged for you when you arrive on Saturday. Unfortunately, purchasing or renting tvs is outside of our budget so the only way to acquire more Melee compatible tvs for the tournament will be through the generous donation of people like you. ;) (We've already raided our house if you were wondering where that old old tv #12 came from). We really appreciate it, thank you.

As a side note: Competitors that bring their gamecubes&games or tv and allow us to use it for the tournaments can enter one tournament of their choice for free. So if you bring a gamecube & a tv and allow us to use it for the tournament, you can get into two tournaments for free. It's a first come, first serve basis, and at most we'll only use 4 gamecubes in addition to the 2 we have. This offer excludes equipment used for casuals although I think everyone will agree that the tournament is more fun with cubes to play casuals on the side on.
good stuff guys ill pm

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
Brandon, dude, should we call you S.A.R.S? Home Made Waffles? Waffles? HMW? or just Brandon? WTF IS YOUR TAG!? lol, i don't even know what to call you.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i finally have a working gamecube to practice... good old fox and falco are back in my repertoire!

S.A.R.S.

Smash Cadet
Brandon, dude, should we call you S.A.R.S? Home Made Waffles? Waffles? HMW? or just Brandon? WTF IS YOUR TAG!? lol, i don't even know what to call you.
haha my sig tells why

i know it causes confusion i would've put hmw but smashboards wouldn't let me so i put sars
i knew that would cause confusion but i couldn't make another profile im still trying to another one jus call me by my real name i guess......................

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
:O hey sheridan, i might not team with my brother this time. i use falcon/fox in teams, ic is too dangerous imo. interested? however i dunno if i'm "good" to your standards lol.

KevMoney

Smash Journeyman
I might go to this, But If i do go to this
I need a team partner. Sheridan you wanna team?

tc1

Smash Lord
NICE./................. THIS TOURNY SEEMS LIKE ITS GOING 2 BE iNTENSE,,WELL HOPEFULLY ILL TEAM WITH MEEP OR DM AGAIN.. I THINK THIS IS GONA BE THE FIRST TIME THE NCB'ERS ARE GONA COME TO THE TGE'ERS DOMAIN AHAHHAHA IN CREWS WE'D GET DESTROYED TGE VS NCB AHAHA BUT IN A TOURNY I DONT KNOW .. WELL SEE WHO WINS.. O 1 QUESTION A (LUNIN) IF YOUR GOING IS JEFF & TANG GOING 2??>??

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
OK so here's the deal with Jeff:

He doesn't have any viable means to get to the modesto tourney. HOWEVER, I talked to him at the biweekly and it seems that he'd be willing to come up as far as he can on BART and I would pick him up and bring him the rezt of the way to the tourney.

ALSO!!!!!! Kevmoney will not receive a ride for this tourney from me until he pays me my 15$. That is all.

Oni Shinigami

Smash Journeyman
This tournament is looking sicker and sicker. =)

KFC - I'de say your Smash till Dawn was a blast even though Sage and I got lost....alot lol

DM - Thanks for the Falco dittos,your pillar combos were bomb. I wish I could have played vs your Samus and Ganondorf though ^_^

KFC - Haha,we had some hella funny matches. Too bad we didn't get any really serious ones in. Marth > Roy.

MXCN - Your DK is fuggin scary your 0% kill combo for fast fallers is ridiculous.

TC1 - Awesome games. Fox vs Falco = too much fun.

Meep - You looked like you were about to pass out and go to sleep lol ggs

Sage - Haha we got lost alot lol good luck at work.

you guys gave me alot of experience and i'll be way more prepared for the 16th now.

tc1

Smash Lord
ahaha yea nice std ,KFC,,tha other stockton guys shouldnt have left but what ever,,,nice games ONI..ahaha ur getting up there..u've gotten way better,, N sage ,,Has Jr been coaching u or sumthing i saw a few moon walks in our matches nice,, 2 every body else good **** ,,n ill see u on the 16th hopefully

Art?

Smash Journeyman
i want to come to this on the 16th but i don't have a ride. is there anyone going to the modesto tourney that's coming from the bay?

Top Bottom