• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Modesto SSB-B/M Tournaments- Read page 176

MacD

Banned via Administration
*peeps outta my hole* if i came out of my hole more often and had more time to devote to smash i am sure i would be getting up there sooner, but we'll see how i do next time, just no ganons cause those are pissing me off right now, except, i don't think i could ever be mick, i remember playing him, he was crazy, although i don't remember well, so i would like to play him again, and you chok and your fox

Lumpy..

Smash Ace
haha funny chok, how u have my skill level pin pointed after playing me 1 time. ha i dnt get it. iv only played u and xilo. (which i gotta do again cuz i think i can take ur marth. ha)
yeah. i think i need more involved 2 be labeled as number 11 or 12 or 13...

jmic

Smash Ace
Heh, I guess us Mercedians will do our own rankings too ;].

My guess would be something like this:

1. Momoraine
2. Juzz
3. Jimbo
4. Jmic
5. Jesse (I don't know his tag)

Ack, I really shouldn't be doing this. Haha. I'll probably finish/update this list later tonight as we're having a small tournament on campus. :)

Spots 2-4 are really debatable. Me and Juzz play each other too much, but he has gotten soooo much better. Like as soon as I get better, he always steps up, lol. I think I can pretty much take Jimbo now, but we'll have to see. Momoraine consistently 2-stocks me, but I really can't play serious against that guy, unless its tournament, which we haven't played each other yet.

We shall see as the day progresses.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha funny chok, how u have my skill level pin pointed after playing me 1 time. ha i dnt get it. iv only played u and xilo. (which i gotta do again cuz i think i can take ur marth. ha)
yeah. i think i need more involved 2 be labeled as number 11 or 12 or 13...
yeah i catch on to how good new players are pretty quickly. youre pretty good dood.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
1 match against my sheik (esp. in a ditto) is a lot more than the rest of modesto can say lol so gjob

jmic

Smash Ace
So results of our tiny UCM tourney:

1. Momoraine
2. Eric
3. Juzz
4. Jimbo
5. Jmic
5. ??
7. ??
7. ??

I forgot their names.

Our turnout wasn't as good as we expected, due to lack of promotion. Nevertheless, it was really fun. Next times will be bigger and everyone will be invited.

I had Jimbo and Momo in my bracket. Both such crazy close matches.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol it's not like that rank is official. it is just my opinion. preet, though #8, is pretty **** good and can probably beat kim a lot. #9 can beat kim too (in certain matchups).

Miztik

Smash Master
lol dude stop triple and double posting. anyway this is how good modesto (and stanislaus) smashers are.

no oni cuz he hasnt played in a while, but i wouldnt doubt hes still pretty good.

1 me
2 brandon
3 jamie
4 mick
5 kim
6 edy
7 macd
8 preet
9 conner
10 kaushik

mick is a beast. he played teams with us today and he kicks ***. hes still a little better than kim, but that's only because his combos are better. kim's up there, and getting better, but i can still 4-stock him with fox which is not okay. come on kim lolz. mick hasnt played in 3 months.

if i were to put a #11 it would be either xilopryce, miztik, or lumpy. but i dont wanna say cuz i would start some huge argument. (the hardest of those three for me to beat, however, is lumpy. simply because his tech skill is good haha.)
Lmao Conner is not as good as you say he is i beat conner at clix a couple of times

I'd say between me and lumpy, I'm better as long as I'm marth, but overall he's got more ability, right now. I'm getting better everyday though

and as for miztik, well, I would need to really see what he's capable of, but I've beaten him almost everytime I've played him so far, but he may just be better at playing tech skills which as of now I don't use as much as most people.

as for everyone else, well, I wanna play everyone else
as for you everytime im play you im not going all out im doing what i should be doing in friendlies trying out new things thats what jr and brandon think i should do so thats what i do

btw you do f-smash alot you may not notice it but you do

also thanks for the B-day wishes

i also have one question for everyone how come im always getting attacked when it comes to smash skill level like every new guy we meet i play them beat them they play andre go a tourney and come back talkin **** to me that is getting fckin old you guys coming at me gives me no reason to want to play you guys

that **** is so annoying im gettin close to quitting smash cuz this **** is ********

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol this xilopryce/miztik rivarly is very entertaining to watch.

anyways, don't worry too much about my fake rankings. i just have bias toward people who have been playing longer, just like all other rankings do.

Miztik

Smash Master
this isnt a rivalary its just one guy who plays me gets beaten, improves plays you andre, then plays in a tourney and then calls me out talkin bout how he beats me what he fails to mention when he was beating me it was like 12:30 at night after the tourney

and im getting tired of it and if this keeps on ima just quit so i dont have to worry bout it

also about your rankings go ahead and put a 11. 12. 13. how every many you want and it seems like you guys want me at the bottom so put me at the end of the list and get it over with

Miztik

Smash Master
Power Rankings in Brandons, Jamies, and my own opinions

well saturday at my dads house when we quit playing smash for awhile we were hanging out enjoy my b-day and we were like lets make a list of our own
its includes Modesto, Turlock, Stockton

1.Meep
2.KFC
3.Choknater
4.Brandon
5.Park
6.Kim
7.Edy
8.Oni
9.Preet
10.Kaushik
11.Miztik
12.Xilo
13.Macd
14.Conner
15.Lumpy but he is last cuz none of us have yet to play him

member this is our opinions not just mine so if you have beef dont just give me crap about it

BTW im quitting smash cuz every time someone has an opinion bout how good we are ppl are so quick to dis me so therefore im done

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
o.o macd is not that bad o.o he is better than preet. macd had a pretty good match against petoo0 that was fun to watch. he actually took a round too, which edy couldn't do (but got pretty d*mn close)

lol other than that, you guys heavily underrate macd, conner, and lumpy. but probably for good reason: conner can never make it to play with us, i have only played lumpy once, and from what i've gathered there is some bias against macd. he's pretty good, guys.

also, bringing vincent and JR into this means bringing all of stockton into this... they have br!t, PNDE, jaryd, rel, and some other people (who attended the recharge melee tournament on friday) who might be better than some of our lesser players. i bet none of you remember jaryd, i nearly won a team tournament with him. leave stockton out >_<

hahah, but yeah, i'll leave this all in good humor. i don't wanna turn this into a power ranking thread, because quite frankly, everyone in modesto isnt good except for me, brandon, jamie, mick, edy, and kim. YAYUHZZZZZZZZZ

oh, OMFG, why isnt mick on there? wtf? he kicks my marth's *** people. mick's peach doesn't believe in counter picks. put mick on there above kim LOL

lol anthony conner told me you only played him twice and it was 1-1

also, dude, don't quit. why quit over that? thats dumb. keep playing smash, it doesnt matter what other ppl think. i remember when you first started i admired your passion to get better.

____
lol, anyways, im gonna go play sage on tuesday. its been a while since i played that dude :D

Palafrak the valiant

Smash Cadet
lol @ miztik.

Jamie, I want my controller back. Please. After that, I'll probably train with Chok and all them peoples next chance I get, because Kim's gotten too good. No comment on whatever you people are saying about me, not because I want to be defensive, but because I'm doing homework and I don't give a shizzlenit about your opinions. :p Just give me some time to finish the song I'm working on and I'll come back better than j00. lol.

Miztik

Smash Master
well it may have been 1-1 but conner is still not that good i dont care what you say

also im quitting cuz i keep getting dissed and i have no desire to prove myself against you guys cuz ill still get dissed ima still play but not serious its just for fun with probally just jamie, brandon, and edy

also im not doubting your good andre cuz i know you are but if your so good how come you didnt live up to your words and win the tourney at Clix cuz thats what you were tellin me also if you guys are the best of modesto how come i can beat kim if im not good, also me and jamie have hella close matches we go back and forth and im starting to do better against brandon

Macd was that far on the list cuz thats how brandon and jamie seen him i kno he's good but we thought the others were better

mick wasnt on the list cuz he quit according to you

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
no one is dissing you O_O its just xilopryce. like i said, a rivalry, lol.

haha juzz, i'll go down there and beat him. when's the next date?

also, do you have AIM?

edit: oh, and about mick, yes he quit. but then why did you put oni on the list? he hasnt played in tournaments for even longer than mick. just because he didn't voice his "quitting" doesnt mean he stopped playing smash for a while. and if a wii was on the line, i tell you this: mick would definitely go.

Miztik

Smash Master
Also its not just him i get underrated by everyone but mostly by you cuz i kno im better than preet, kaushik and ive proven i feel i can easily be 6th on that list but wont cuz everyone's opinion im not that good

Jamie is the only one who sees how good i truely am

What are you talking bout Oni was a jamies last tourney when you were in New Jersey

has mick been to any since then

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
okay dude, i never said anything bad about your skill. i don't underrate you at all, you just think i do. maybe if you kicked my a$$ a few times then i'd change my opinions. that's all it comes down to. i really don't know why you're having problems with me when all i do is encourage you to get better. i only think highly of people because they have beaten my better characters before, and quite frequently.

i understand jamie and brandon know a lot more about your level than i do, and also edys. which is why i always take their word for it when they say edy is good. on my birthday std, edy proved to me how good he is through free-for-all skills which were really mindboggling and crazy.

no mick hasn't been to tournaments for like a year but does it matter? he will gladly play anyone at my house who asks him to play, especially in teams. like i've said many times, he plays teams, not singles, and not because he's no good at singles, he just thinks it's boring. <3

anyways, this goes out to lumpy: dude, wanna join team pauk? despite the controller, i consider your victory in that sheik ditto legit, yes i was trying. i'm asking lol cuz i wanna make a new banner with these characters:

choknater: daisy
mick: peach
kero: peach
lumpy: peach

:D and also:
palafrak the valiant: mr. game and watch
willy loman: pikachu
xilopryce: marth

4 peach players!!!

Miztik

Smash Master
it is impossible to kick your a$$ cuz once i start doing good against you start to chaingrab and stuff like that so i get bored and dont care bout the match and dont try and i dont have a problem with you at all its just that everytime my name is mentioned its starts up crap and im tried of it

there is one problem tho your whole rule for team pauk you kno beat you and your in i was wondering y did it take so long for me to get in and xilo it took bout a week like i understand he beat you but like every time i played you it was against IC's or Captain or Fox then xilo plays you once and its like he beat you but it was your Mewtwo that was gay

btw you do underrate me cuz like ive beaten everyone ahead of me on that list of yours

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
oh i see dude well yeah thats true that i start playing gay lol. man but like maybe you should take a break and come back later (which is what kim did) instead of quitting? cuz i remember kim got really frustrated with losing to me and brandon constantly, so i told him to take a break for a couple weeks and he did. when he came back he was hella better.

lol anyways imma ask sage to join team pauk also. who cares if he doesnt play xD

so i'll hold off on making the banner till i get an OK from lumpy and sage. 4 peach players and 3 low tiers and 1 marth? wtf kind of crew is this

:D!!!!

oh and does anyone know about the crew merge idea? i think jamie wants to stay in perfect kaos and improve his crew. if that's the case then i respect that decision.

as for team pauk, imma continue expanding till i can't expand any longer. imma ask macd and merced people to join team pauk lol.

edit: after many months with the young link icon, i finally switched it to nana :)

Miztik

Smash Master
Well thinking bout it im not gunna quit and not take a break im just gunna play for fun

also with the crews thing it may just Me, Jamie, and edy (so if you want you can add preet and kaushik)

and im sorry if you think im mad at you im not its just how everyone i just dont like how underrated i am cuz im not im better than alot of ppl who are so called better than me

MacD

wow, you miss one saterday cause of specch and get hated on, then defended, then hated on, then defended, then forgot about, and then remembered and then asked to join a crew

now, i really don't want to throw myself into this arguement, but i have a right to give my side and defend myself, now i have nothing against choks first chart, bit the miztik, park and brandon one i do, now, i don't wanna say anything bad against brandon cause he is hella good and crazy and i would assume fair, but, and i mean BUT, miztik, you haven't ever really liked the fact i could beat you and get pissed at me when others bring it up, i have beat you from day one, with zelda non the less, who i am not as good with as i am peach, and have continued to beat you with peach, you beat me with jiggy once or twice, but at hte tourny we never got to play, but you can't assuem you are better cause you beat me a handful of times, if that is the case, i am better then jamie and chok, heck, i even beat dark mike once so i must be better then him too, but since that isn't how it works, i am sorry, and about jamie, idk i played him that one day and that was about it, he hasn't seem me play much, i haven't played him much, but he is siding with you, and didn't seem to recognize my skill either

now, i can't say i know what happend at that meeting, but brandon knows i am not bad, idk if he put me there, but he really hasn't seem me play with you guys, really only at the NCB's, and we teamed there once or twice, but you wanna know the truth, we suck as a team, i am sure we both agree too, but anyways, his only knowledge is waht he has expierence as playing me compared to waht he has against you all, he plays you all more, and therefore, has more of an oppinion with you all

chok is one of the few who defended me and cuase he seems to be able to be impartial, and he remembers what happend at the tourny, first guy i played which was peetoo, or whoever, but i got the first game, 2nd it was whoever got the first killing move, and 3rd, he killed me on mute city cause the platform was high and celling low at the piont he hit me, now no johns, he beat me and killed me at a nice part of the level, but it could have gone either way, it just went his way

some people in modesto don't like the fact that i am good cause i haven't been playing with them for a long time and barely ever do but i can beat some of those modesto people, if they can't get over the fact that i am good well sucks for them, i am not saying you have to accept it, but if you don't, then don't, i will still beat some people and that is the way it is

now, with eddy, the reason i don't care he is above me is because i played him a little one day when i went to parks, i was still just beggining to play modesto people and get better, and me and eddy went back and forth, and assuming he has gotten better too, and us not playing, and you modesto people knowing his skill, it makes since why he is above me

and i looked at oni's profile page thing, and it said he hadn't been on for like 1 monthh, so i wouldn't consider him playing recently, and over a month ago at one tourny but haven't no comunication is like dissapearing, he may not have officially quit, but he is definately taking a break

and in responce to the crew, i must say quint peaches FTW ;) but, but idk if am going to join a crew, i should, no reason not too, but as long as i could train and stuff, i don't see why i wouldn't, we'll see

NOW, about smash this weekend
i work from 1:30-8 on sat
and like 11-6:30 on sun
so maybe if i could talk someoen into playing at like 11 for about 1 1/2 - 2 hours i would say i would like to train a little, at least that is how i feel rigth now, things might change later in the week

sorry my post is long and stuff, but things needed to be said, and i am sorry to say these things, but they needed to be said, people don't like change or people who invade on their turf, but guess what, it happens, life happens, some of you take the game a little to seriously, you've got to remember it is just a part of your life, unless your like forward where it was your life, but that is a different story

edit, omg this is a long post

Miztik

Smash Master
dude you h0m0 i restated that you were good but i was mainly confused on xilo cuz i kno im better than him and i think im better than you but not by much

also when you said that just cuz i beat you a handful of times dont assume im better than you that doesnt make sense cuz if i have beaten you a handful of times doesnt that make me better than you or did i miss something

also not to be mean but your nowhere near jamie, edy, kim, or andre

and also im done talking bout this i somewhat cleared things up with andre so hopefully were cool but other than that i dont care bout your's or xilo opinion cuz no your not better than me you can believe that but in the end your not

so drop it

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
macd nice post i think you're good man :) you and kim should duke it out

haha sup phil.

macd, kim, mick, choknater, and lumpy peach ditto round robin please.

ready for an 8-0, guys?

Miztik

Smash Master
Well im glad me and andre have no hard feelings and im glad im cool with the rest of modesto, and turlock

idk bout xilo, and macd all i have to say to you too is to think before you speak

MacD

lol, mick takes us all out bad, but i am down, i think it would kind of be like withh me vs shiek though, i have no expierence so i wouldn't do well at first, but at least i know the moves and reach and stuff, oh yea, and i want to play your bro again, now that i kind of know what i am doing

and i would like to play kim, see how him plays and how good he is, i should have watched during the tourny, :psycho:

and one last comment, a handful is not a majority, last time i check, i kept beating you (majority), and you beat me a few times (handful) ergo, i am better :ohwell: to finish this off, some people have trouble handling change, which means some people have trouble with the new guy from nowhere being better, fact is, it happens and people need to deal without causing choas and acting like they are supreme to anyone new

it is hard to tell if me and eddy are at the same level if we haven't played, but i know i played him that one day and we traded off, i forgot who won more, but i think it was pretty much even, although, i would like to play him so we can see

oh yea, it took me like 40 min plus to make that post so i am pretty sure i thoguht thigns through
and two=2, too=also i hate to be the grammer police, but it was bugging me so i just thought i would add that ;)

Xilo Pryce

Smash Lord
wow, I think someone is taking my words intot heir own perception. I never dissed you man, I foward smash a lot, but you were comparing me to husband, which I don't do it nearly that much. I didn't dis you, I have no reason to. In friendlies sandbagging is good, but if you're always doing it, how is that going to help you? Now, if you aren't trying against me when you are playing, then how am I supposed to know? I should just assume that you are? Personally, i think, that unless it's a tournament, sandbagging is just annoying, of course there are a few exceptions.

Also, MacD is better than me for sure, as much as I hate to say it. So he should be higher than me.

Miztik

Smash Master
ok so maybe i took your words wrong aswell sorry xilo but i do try new things in friendlies sorry i should have letten you kno

and macd *** no you do not beat me a majority of the time your fckin crazy if you think that

Top Bottom