• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Moar Meat! 21st - 22nd January 2012

T.REX

Smash Apprentice
jeeeeiiiiii, what time do we come?
and my younger (15) brother would also like to attend if thats cool

Dekar289

Smash Hero
at 23 confirmed, this already has more people than dgj and the last monthly rofl

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Lol this tournament will have more entries than Acl.

Fml blegh. Also I hope nova didn't travel with tiger because they just canceled all their flights for the whole of next week + this week.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Fffffffff

Thats too bad nova, I think khoa was comin cuz you were. Also now theres no other way for you sexually convince me to go to reloaded.

Yeah people can start coming at about 1pm

MikulOnIce85

Smash Ace
Better bring several N64 games dekar. Especially Episode I racer lololol. Don't worry jei, I'll have money to go buy junk foods for the day when i get there as well as my Wii and melee.

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
****ing nova lol. I went to the airport and waited for about half an hour after a heroic effort and getting up at 10am to do so (4 hours earlier than usual wakeup) and nova didn't answer his phone. Then I went home to sleep again. Guess I'll see you in Adelaide Nova.

Vermy

Smash Champion
If I read this or SOMEONE SENT ME A FACEBOOK INVITE, I'd totally have come to this. With MvC3 and SSFIVAE.

Miss you gaiz.

edit: FFS KHOA WAS THERE?!!? </3

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
thanks to jei and soxie for an awesome meat.

and thanks to everyone who played against me.

i was able to concrete a number of improvements to my game, so thanks guys (espc earl <3).

MikulOnIce85

Smash Ace
Jei's meet ups are the best. <3

Thanks for hosting, i got to enjoy melee all over again. I suffer from your problem of not having people to play against lol. That's taken some of the competitive drive away from me. The poker was good too.

Timic i was too good for you at goldeneye lololol.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
while i remember, i'm missing a couple of controllers from jei's meet
- one blue n64 controller (labeled with "moore" on the end)
- one unmarked white gamecube controller

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
There's a brawl tourney happening on the 21st Jan at EB Swanston St :(

I saw it a while ago and decided I wanted to enter...decisions!!

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Gary: yes
Tomiie: no

Well maybe but I only found out about it by a sign at EB that had no details but the date and a promise for more info.
Maybe on the EB website?

Toshi

Smash Journeyman
If there's a tournament at EB, I'll be there. It'll also be a good chance to advertise the smash scene with the ausmash website (if we get that sorted out).

And put me down as a maybe for your meet Jei. Altona Meadows is a little far.

Splice

Smash Hero
more keen on meet than EB tourney, but lets work out a way to do both?

Meet at EB, transcend to jeis later yeh? jajaja

Splice

Smash Hero
i went to EB games today and asked about how early the 21st tourney would be.
The EB games woman told me that closer to the date we can call the number for the store on the EB games website closer to the date to find out, they're still organising it at the moment.

She said they were contemplating banning metaknight, and that apparently they were having trouble deciding a 'competitive' ruleset. This game is so controversial. I hope you guys actually manage to promote our tournaments this time though. I'll just do the usual and encourage any cool people I meet to come along to the tournaments which seems to have a pretty high success ratio for me, and also, cool people = win.

Also
I played skyward sword demo
Anyone who is still reluctant to buy it; i can't say anything bad about the sword play etc. It's good times and works well. I feel like true fencing master who cud take on Tedeth. Plus it allows for more diverse enemies, instead of the usual "bomb is good for this, arrow is good for this, sword is good for this, roll + slash is good for this, spin is good for this" it expans sword into 4 more things so you'll learn which strokes you need to be ready to perform to beat da enemy bad guy. The only wii-controls issue was probably with the beetle item where you fly a beetle around by moving the wiimote in the air... That was quite abstract, my movements didnt seem to relate amazingly to the beetle. luckily thats probably less than a 100th of the game and im probably notdoinitrite. I need motion plus fuark $$$

Top Bottom