• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLP: Friendship is Mafia: Background Ponies Unite - Ovah!

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Oh dude that's what you get for wording that **** so poorly. You put Sold2/Badwolf or benji/TTar. That makes it look like you meant it's this other entier pair.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
As in the problem was you putting Badwolf as the second in the pair. Carry on, communication error.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Sold, I want you to be town. I also want you to be scum. I also want to lynch Badwolf. Could you tell me what your read on Badwolf is currently disregarding the evidence I have.

#HBC | ѕoup

The only slight possibility of this situation here is that it's possible Badwolf is distancing Vinyl. here on his own scumflip but I really feel like Badwolf knows that I'm this close to lynching him and I feel like his consistency isn't all there. I ****ing hate how vinyl. just comes in to get snippy with me however.

BSP

Smash Legend
You didn't ask me, but I'm not satisfied with Badwolf's responses after Ttar and I started asking him about his reads.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
"currently disregarding the evidence I have."

Alright, I have indeed been pushing the if Badwolf is scum, you are town and vice versa. I'm guessing you want this because you want connections to Badwolf.

I legitimately liked Badwolf's play on D1. Outside of that garbage that happened with him in RVS, he made good discussion (i.e. his questioning of Joker). He was very scarce with his vote, which might just be a newbie thing I don't know.

Glancing at D2's votecount, Badwolf was the 4th person on the Tonberry lynch, so he must've been entirely fine with lynching the guy that early, else you don't put them at L-1. I don't like this. I don't know any specifics about D2 other than this, but this is bad.

And in D3 he's been like "Soup wtf you're lying." I can't judge how natural this reaction is for him. Things like him telling you why your joke situation doesn't work is not something you can twist into a scumtell on him, I thought that was outrageous. And he's wanting to lynch Vinyl to my understanding? I agree with BSP that I have to hear what he wants to lynch Vinyl for, that matters a lot to me. In my mind, you and Badwolf himself are the only options for a lynch toDay (as I said, by all logic one of the two are scum), so I don't get why he's not coming after you. But hell maybe he has something to say.

#HBC | ѕoup

I really don't get it either, that's one of the reasons i've been scratching my head at it a bit, is there some sort of jailer that doesn't want to out or something? There really can't be an explanation as to me getting a report for him being out last night and claiming VT. It bothers me a bit but I feel like it's kind of irrelevant because i'm sure someone would speak up if they had something, everyone has talked besides Benji and he's due for replacement.

Tyranitarphantom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SwitcherooTtar
If we lynch Badwolf, Soup is dead one way or another. If Badwolf flips scum, Soup is going to be nightkilled, since there's no doc around to save him. If he flips town, we're gonna lynch Soup tomorrow.

I'm tempted to believe Soup, not because I fully trust him, but because nobody has counter claimed to contradict Soup's claim. Only S2 and Benji haven't claimed yet, but after the huge deal Soup made about his role, I would think that if S2 or Benji were really cop/reporter/whatever, they would've counter claimed. That would've pegged Soup as lying scum.

I also believe Soup because his report on me from N1 was accurate. I am just another vanilla townie, and I have no night abilities. I know that doesn't mean much to the rest of you, but it works for me.

I'm interested to see what Badwolf has to say about Vinyl, but I'm probably going to disregard it, for now.

Tyranitarphantom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SwitcherooTtar
BadWolf28738 - like I said, I believe Soup when he says that Badwolf is a liar. Soup's report on me from N1 was completely accurate, and it seems too risky to just pick a random player like that and guess that they stayed home. So to me, Badwolf: Scum

BSP - he's really stepped it up and seems to be hardcore scum-hunting. His little back-and-forth with

Badwolf a few pages back further makes me lean town for him. So, BSP: Town

mightbebenjamin - good lord the inactivity. That alone makes me lean town. We've already mislynched twice on players that were inactive, and I'd rather not do it again. Still, he should be replaced soon.

Vinyl - leans town for me. The fact that Badwolf wants to pin him furthers that. He's made some questionable moves, but overall seems to be dumb town (no offense, pal)

Soup - as I said in the last post, I believe him with his role claim. Definite Town to me

Sold2 - almost no activity for most of the game, but when Soup claims Reporter, and fingers Badwolf, suddenly S2 comes in to save the day. S2 has been one of my best friends since elementary school, so I know he's a smart guy, and I could never get a perfect read on him, but he seems the most likely to be Badwolf's scum partner (assuming there is more than one scum)

I really feel like lynching Badwolf would tell us a lot.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Let me tell you that I was voting Soup before he claimed reporter, so it's actually the other way around.

My post, #709.
Soup's post, #743.

And I also had a point in my wall specifically showing how I've been looking at Soup all game long. So no, this is not me opportunistically jumping to save BadWolf. This is me accusing Soup of being untrustworthy. Why do you believe his claim? You'll need to back that statement up.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
oh dang I should've read your first post in the series one second.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
If we lynch Badwolf, Soup is dead one way or another. If Badwolf flips scum, Soup is going to be nightkilled, since there's no doc around to save him. If he flips town, we're gonna lynch Soup tomorrow.
This is correct, but it also applies to Badwolf. If we lynch Soup and Soup flips scum, Badwolf is confirmed town and will be instantly night killed. If we lynch Soup and Soup is town, Badwolf is scum and will be lynched. It goes both ways. We're arguing for two reasons right now.

1. Information obviously.
2. We want to lynch scum today, not tomorrow. Just natural. Lynching scum tomorrow will put us in a Lynch (scum) or Lose (LyLo) situation.

I'm tempted to believe Soup, not because I fully trust him, but because nobody has counter claimed to contradict Soup's claim. Only S2 and Benji haven't claimed yet, but after the huge deal Soup made about his role, I would think that if S2 or Benji were really cop/reporter/whatever, they would've counter claimed. That would've pegged Soup as lying scum.
Set-up speculation is weak. I've claimed, but to reiterate I'm Vinyl Scratch, Vanilla Townie. And Benji is being replaced and has not gotten a chance to claim anything, in fact. As far as we know Benji's claim matters.

As far as I'm concerned, because of the newbie-friendly nature of this game, there are a limited number of permutations in it. A reporter/cop/watcher does not have to exist in this game.

The way many set-ups are decided, especially newbie games, is entirely random. And not all of them include an investigative. Most of them have 2 power roles max, but sometimes it ends up as 1 town power role, or even 0 town PR. And on the other hand, the mafia has the same deal of having a power role or having none at all. Assuming that my above scenario of which set-ups we're playing in is true, we can think that there's only a 50% chance for an Investigative role to exist, since a doctor is confirmed. So no, we cannot trust Soup purely because he claimed an investigative role. Newbie games are set up this way so that people can not claim and get free rides based on their claims. You're supposed to actually look at the person.

For example
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=F11
This is a very common newbie game set-up that shows the principle of random set-ups.

TTar said:
I also believe Soup because his report on me from N1 was accurate. I am just another vanilla townie, and I have no night abilities. I know that doesn't mean much to the rest of you, but it works for me.
There is extremely little risk in him calling you having no ability. A large, large, large majority of this game (7, or possibly 8 vanilla townies, as well as the 1 mafia member who does not send in the night kill) would be shown as being "at home" for his report. It really means next to nothing that he got this right.

TTar said:
I'm interested to see what Badwolf has to say about Vinyl, but I'm probably going to disregard it, for now.
:shrug:

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Note: My hypotheticals assume that Soup and Badwolf are not partners just because of how ridiculous it'd be.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I'll compromise because you're right, Soup. We're kinda going nowhere between the two of us. What we really need to do is to establish sides right now.

You're either for Badwolf's lynch or Soup's lynch right now. I need to know where everybody stands on this, a final opinion if you will. And then we can lay this argument to rest. I'm not going to be so blind as to argue us into a no lynch.

I'm for Soup.
Soup's for Badwolf presumably.
Badwolf is for Soup presumably. I still want to hear this Vinyl case, but we cannot be doing that right now.

Where do you stand, boys?

#HBC | ѕoup

why don't you just lynch badwolf damnit, why you always gotta make things complicated

BSP

Smash Legend
I might flip a coin.

Seriously though, im thinking badwolf right now, but mostly because I'm not satisfied with how he defended himself when Soup accused him.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
why don't you just lynch badwolf damnit, why you always gotta make things complicated
Don't be a butt, Soup. :glare:

It's things like this that make us have to fight in every mafia game. I don't think we've ever been the same alignment either, have we?

#HBC | ѕoup

Nope, I don't think so.

YOU STOP BEING A BUTT AND LYNCH THE SCUM AND NOT ME JEEZ

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
I'll compromise because you're right, Soup. We're kinda going nowhere between the two of us. What we really need to do is to establish sides right now.

You're either for Badwolf's lynch or Soup's lynch right now. I need to know where everybody stands on this, a final opinion if you will. And then we can lay this argument to rest. I'm not going to be so blind as to argue us into a no lynch.

I'm for Soup.
Soup's for Badwolf presumably.
Badwolf is for Soup presumably. I still want to hear this Vinyl case, but we cannot be doing that right now.

Where do you stand, boys?
So sold2's Vinyl Scratch.
I think I'll get his back then.

Yo BW, got your case on me ready?
I don't have a case on Vinyl I want you to respond to the earlier one... That's why I want you dead right now.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I want Badwolf's reasoning for going to Vinyl next.
I don't have a case on Vinyl I want you to respond to the earlier one... That's why I want you dead right now.
I would actually enjoy that. Please do.
Sorry, I make everyone do extra work. It pleases me.
That is just baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

Top Bottom