• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLP: Friendship is Mafia: Background Ponies Unite - Ovah!

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
But what I want answered here is what the "this game is going to be easy" comment was supposed to mean other than a show of (false) confidence and if it truly was just coincidence that all 3 players who followed you got bit in the butt for it.
This deserves it's own post. I was only commenting on how I felt on the game and you could say that I was being overconfident, I did not have any solid plan and was only swaggering along, I explained everything as solid as I could, but the main thing I don't get it is how you're so disturbed about my attitude about it, what is so wrong about early confidence? A lot of your points made in your collapse is that I was manipulating players. While this is only something from face-value, I feel like you didn't look close enough into my responses and reasoning, a lot of it (as I commented) felt really cookie cutter. I want you to respond my questions too before we move on.

#HBC | ѕoup

The background comments don't help Vinyl., what is your read on Sold?

#HBC | ѕoup

[collapse="D2"]
Huh. I wonder if he ever did this. Not that it mattered. I dunno nkill speculation is really weak and WIFOMy, you should never use it for a real case tbh. It's just a bit odd he singled us two out and well I guess Ori is dead. I suppose this does mean his dislike of me isn't instantaneous though.
The main thing I got out of you is the fact you were so damn inactive, I know activity doesn't always equal a townie but your play was empty and I felt like you were pursuing things but not following up on it. Ori was pure skim and I felt like he definitely needed a re-read at that point, especially how I mostly ignored Loli the first day.

I don't know if he ever looked into it. This is something I commented on earlier. The word compromise is weird but I won't dig into wording. This felt like he was trying to buddy/coerce BSP to join the Tonberry wagon and is kind of ignoring an alternative lynch in Vinyl.
Actually I was just looking for a response, I felt like (after slightly skimming it) BSP had a good chunk of a case worth looking at, it may have not been amazing but it was worth looking at. I got caught up in my own goals however and never did get into that.

Encouraging the hammering of Tonberry. D2 lasted less than 72 hours and it really bugs me. This is not something I can blame entirely on Soup even though it clearly involved him. D2 came and went and I believe I only got to make 1 post the entire day and I'm really mad that I couldn't have commented more seriously about the day. I don't know if his goal was to quicklynch there but I don't know why he was so eager to get the day over with.
In a span of 72 hours, the only active players were Me, BSP, Vinyl. and somewhat Badwolf. Every other player decided to ignore the game. I presented a case and I wanted to lynch my scum-read, I might have been impatient but I wanted to move on and hope that a lynch could kick some activity in this game.[/collapse]

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Well he's finally having activity, that's one thing.

But from the look of his posts, I feel it's somewhat fishy.

#HBC | ѕoup

[collapse="Sold2 defends his actions"]
Okay, yeah. Gonna skip this. Great to know you had past intentions to get at me but blow it off until D3.[/collapse]

#HBC | ѕoup

[Collapse=I'm Vinyl.'s Scumpartner And I Must Die]
Day 1, Vinyl FoS'd Soup and brought up a bit of a case versus him. Soup dismissed the case casually, though he eventually did explain himself to Vinyl's satisfaction. After which Vinyl forgot about pursuing Soup. I'd consider this "distancing" as in they planned this conflict to make themselves not be considered "connected." The fact Vinyl didn't vote him and dropped it so easily furthers this.
I considered this for a long time from my perspective, I elaborated on the effort but I didn't instantly have Vinyl. as town, I remember looking at his pressure on Loli and just blowing it off, kind of putting him in my back pocket. While I feel like it could be genuine dumbtell, it isn't sufficient. I have Vinyl. as town only based on how I'm reading Badwolf right now.

Day 2, Soup pushes Tonberry lynch, and then a case on Vinyl comes up. Soup continues to push for a rather quick Tonberry lynch. Vinyl can't get lynched if someone else is already getting lynched.
BSP had his own priority, I had mine. I wanted Tonberry dead, I had no reason to vote Vinyl. but I was interested in it, I instead hardbodied Ton. #NoGuilt

In conclusion, there is quite a bit of reason to think Soup and Vinyl are connected. Specifically the Day 2 thing. Now of course this all relies on the idea of Soup being scum, and therefore it doesn't matter for now. I made this section purely so Soup or someone else couldn't say "Well who's his scummate, huh?"
I think you're reaching without enough of an argument for me to just tell you just that. You don't have conclusive evidence and this whole thing is really cookie cuttered, I want you to explain why you highlighted these certain things and feel like 3 different situations that happened at different intervals were so telling to you.[/collapse]

#HBC | ѕoup

I don't really have any final comments, but I know you're going to bounce a wall back at me. I'd like my points answered and then we'll go from there.

I'd also like Vinyl. to respond instead of just leaving the thread.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
You know his inactivity and questions from yesterday? Well today he's pretty pumped on this when you voted Badwolf and asked him questions. I feel like solds posts screams of "I'll save you, Badwolf."

Soup let me finish my big post about you I'm working on before I even START on the possibility of Badwolf. It's D3 and we're way behind. It's NOT the time to be going fast and jumping to conclusions like that.
So the sentence in bold. To make sure, did you jump to conclusions, soup?
Because I really didn't feel like you were jumping on them.

Day 1, Vinyl FoS'd Soup and brought up a bit of a case versus him. Soup dismissed the case casually, though he eventually did explain himself to Vinyl's satisfaction. After which Vinyl forgot about pursuing Soup. I'd consider this "distancing" as in they planned this conflict to make themselves not be considered "connected." The fact Vinyl didn't vote him and dropped it so easily furthers this.

I did do an FoS on soup, he said I was wrong and asked him how.
It's true that I didn't continue this any further though, only left that out because I read this.

While Joker might have thought I was selectively choosing a wagon, that wasn't even my intention, I just voted someone I sincerely thought was scummy for the time being, BSP sitting around asking people who we should lynch is awful, but considering his attitude and response to me, it's blatant noobtown. Joker was right in one way, and that I was testing to see who would all jump on it, I did not have a master plan to catch scum in one fell swoop, I was just looking for reactions and getting people to interact with each-other.
Day 2, Soup pushes Tonberry lynch, and then a case on Vinyl comes up. Soup continues to push for a rather quick Tonberry lynch. Vinyl can't get lynched if someone else is already getting lynched.

Says that; isn't aware that ton didn't respond and was close to getting modkilled. I was gonna make a case on Ton, but Badwolf said "nah".

Day 3 gets an actual quote.

This and the posts above it have Vinyl be surprised about Ori being dead. I swear to god it looks so much like an act between the two.

You haven't seen the past plays before. He knows how I play more than you, lol.[/collapse]/QUOTE]

Everything in green.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Fffffffffuuuuuuuuu--

[collapse="ebwop"]
you know his inactivity and questions from yesterday? Well today he's pretty pumped on this when you voted badwolf and asked him questions. I feel like solds posts screams of "i'll save you, badwolf."

so the sentence in bold. To make sure, did you jump to conclusions, soup?
Because i really didn't feel like you were jumping on them.

day 1, vinyl fos'd soup and brought up a bit of a case versus him. Soup dismissed the case casually, though he eventually did explain himself to vinyl's satisfaction. After which vinyl forgot about pursuing soup. I'd consider this "distancing" as in they planned this conflict to make themselves not be considered "connected." the fact vinyl didn't vote him and dropped it so easily furthers this.

i did do an fos on soup, he said i was wrong and asked him how.
It's true that i didn't continue this any further though, only left that out because i read this.

day 2, soup pushes tonberry lynch, and then a case on vinyl comes up. Soup continues to push for a rather quick tonberry lynch. Vinyl can't get lynched if someone else is already getting lynched.

says that; isn't aware that ton didn't respond and was close to getting modkilled. I was gonna make a case on ton, but badwolf said "nah".

day 3 gets an actual quote.

This and the posts above it have vinyl be surprised about ori being dead. I swear to god it looks so much like an act between the two.

you haven't seen the past plays before. He knows how i play more than you, lol.[/collapse]
everything in green.
[/collapse]

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU--

[COLLAPSE="EBWOP"]You know his inactivity and questions from yesterday? Well today he's pretty pumped on this when you voted Badwolf and asked him questions. I feel like solds posts screams of "I'll save you, Badwolf."

So the sentence in bold. To make sure, did you jump to conclusions, soup?
Because I really didn't feel like you were jumping on them.

I did do an FoS on soup, he said I was wrong and asked him how.
It's true that I didn't continue this any further though, only left that out because I read this.

Says that; isn't aware that ton didn't respond and was close to getting modkilled. I was gonna make a case on Ton, but Badwolf said "nah".

Day 3 gets an actual quote.

This and the posts above it have Vinyl be surprised about Ori being dead. I swear to god it looks so much like an act between the two.

You haven't seen the past plays before. He knows how I play more than you, lol.[/collapse]
Everything in green.
[/COLLAPSE]

BSP

Smash Legend
Vinyl, Tonberry approaching being modkilled is irrelevant since Soup pushed that case well before we were even notified of that.

Sold2, would you be willing to put a vote on Vinyl?

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
And after soup's case there hasn't been ANY RESPONSE WHATSOEVER coming from ton, in which, he was at risk of getting modkilled. Even Badwolf said he's gonna get modkilled anyway.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Actually it's like he wasn't even active at all. In fact, the day started and we had a ton of days to wait for ton and he wasn't there after that case.
Badwolf said, "no, he's going to die anyway" implicated that he doesn't mind lynching ton right now.
Also, I could've still waited for Ton to respond while moving to someone else.

I mean seriously, I was asking Ori a question and you were giving a case on me. That would've been a great time for Badwolf to continue asking me questions.

But "nah, He's going to die anyway".

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Here's his read on me.

9. Vinyl. - Null scum - He still hasn't responded to the stronger points of the eariler case against him. I feel as if he shouldn't have any problem actually talking about them if he didn't have something to hide.
By the look of his post, he could asked me that "why didin't you respond to stronger points of the earlier case" yesterday.

But "nah, he's going to die anyway".

BSP

Smash Legend
That's irrelevant to me (not sure to Sold2). The point is that he pushed the case so strongly from the beginning of D2.

Soup, now that I think about it, this case you're making on BW is making me think about how Toaster got lynched, and where that led to. In Toaster's case, you struck hard with the case you made against him with some good evidence, and then let everyone follow you.

You did the same thing in Tonberry's

Now BW: You don't have the wagon on me to use as evidence this time. You claimed a PR that supposedly indicates BW as scum in a closed setup, meaning that there's no sure fire way for us to know you're not lying. I think that claim is what you're trying to use as your evidence to get us to follow you quickly once again.

Ttar followed you quickly and put a vote, and he's also the same person that you said stayed at home night 1. Oddly enough, he's also the only one who'd be able to question your claim, but he quickly supported you, and then started trying to incriminate badwolf all of a sudden with me. That's pretty fishy.

#HBC | ѕoup

Soup, now that I think about it, this case you're making on BW is making me think about how Toaster got lynched, and where that led to. In Toaster's case, you struck hard with the case you made against him with some good evidence, and then let everyone follow you.
...There's a problem here? I thought Toastin was scum, I had no issue with anyone hopping on the wagon, and even if he flipped town I had something to work with with the people that did follow it.

Now BW: You don't have the wagon on me to use as evidence this time. You claimed a PR that supposedly indicates BW as scum in a closed setup, meaning that there's no sure fire way for us to know you're not lying. I think that claim is what you're trying to use as your evidence to get us to follow you quickly once again.

Ttar followed you quickly and put a vote, and he's also the same person that you said stayed at home night 1. Oddly enough, he's also the only one who'd be able to question your claim, but he quickly supported you, and then started trying to incriminate badwolf all of a sudden with me. That's pretty fishy.[/quote

Okay let me point this out for you:

I claimed town cop first
and claimed to have a guilty on Badwolf

badwolf responds, and claims vanilla townie.

I retract my cop claim and catch him on a blatant lie, I claim my real role, Town Reporter, and have a N2 report saying Badwolf was out last night, and not home.

I am not trying to get people to follow me quickly, I am gunning for Badwolf based on my own precedence, it's nothing different than the last two wagons that happened. Are more votes welcome on people who I think are scum? Sure! Does that mean that i'm the issue here to lead the wagon and just happened to get sheeped? No. I'm not. While I did ask once for a player to hammer, it was activity reasons.

#HBC | ѕoup

I want to lynch players I think are scum, how is this is anything close to fishy. How is me putting intiiative into everything I do even close to being scum.

You're an IC!
I'm playing the game much like anyone else, if you can't keep up, then it's not my problem.

You were wrong twice! Town is never wrong! You mislynched town!!!
Intentions. I know I was wrong. I accepted I was wrong, but this time: I am right. Not only backed by my own reports but any other evidence that could be discussed. Don't make me mention how you and other players willingly voted alongside me. If you truly had an issue with it, you would have spoken up. Instead, you just voted. If there's anything to look at here it is how my voice suddenly affects everything town does, I feel like i'm playing this game by myself.

#HBC | ѕoup

Look at the damn scenario.
Look at my bleeding evidence and my play here.
Look at Badwolf's responses.

Then make a decision.

#HBC | ѕoup

...I did? I didn't track him, I investigated him. My role is an investigative and a weak cop.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I need someone other than myself and the two people I accused to read both sides for an unbiased stance. Since Soup is implying a me/badwolf team, it needs to be someone other than badwolf too.

Dredging up the motivation to wade through this.
I know that feel, Soup.

#HBC | ѕoup

Vanilla Townies do not leave home at night. They are supposed to stay put. My report says that you were out doing something last night. Ergo, you're a dirty liar and not a vanilla townie.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
Ok, right now I don't care the so called claims you have on me. I would like to know how your role works, I don't want your PM just a general overview.

#HBC | ѕoup

I am a Town Reporter.

Each night, I'm allowed to PM the moderator to investigate a player.

I will either recieve that player was stayed home that night or was not at home that night

You were not home last night.

You claimed: Vanilla Townie.

Vanilla Townies are not visiting roles, they do not leave home and are supposed to stay put.

My report, on Night 2 (Two), states that you were not home last night. You lied about being Vanilla Townie, and thus are scum.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
OK
1. I said I didn't give one half a **** about how you claimed to have a confirmed scum on me.

2. So is your role a tracking or what? I don't understand.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
No, it's an Informative/Investigative.

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Category:Informative_roles

also, you made yourself confirmed by lying about being a vanilla townie, either you explain how you were out last night or you drop dead.
No, I didn't. I didn't go anywhere because it's impossible for me to. There isn't much else I can say to this.

Soup is dumb town trying to get lucky. I don't even know what you're doing now. This has gone way too far.

#HBC | ѕoup

Soup is dumb town trying to get lucky. I don't even know what you're doing now. This has gone way too far.
Okay, I see that you're going to accept death here and try to buddy me. Report is still real. You're still scum.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
Wait, what? The last thing I want to do is buddy you. I don't think you're playing to your full capacity and the fact is, you're either bull****ting your claim or your report. I don't have anything else. There is no point to this.

:phone:

Top Bottom