• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLP: Friendship is Mafia: Background Ponies Unite - Ovah!

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Congraulations on justifying a blatant joke in an attempt to seem more townier by mentioning we were in mylo possibly

#HBC | ѕoup

no i was making the joke...

..also shanny hi wrong section

#HBC | ѕoup

badwolf, you said:

"wtf it's mylo i won't vote myself"

i said

"vote yourself bro" as a joke

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Let me try and summarize the offense and defense quickly and get my counter to the defense out simply here.

I will drop the RVS point because that is simply speculation and to show inconsistent play. It also connects to my very first comment vs you which was important to prove this case is not out of the blue.

BSP:I'm glad Soup has taken the time to say why I'm wrong in his opinion, how my case makes him out to look like a bad guy (surprise!), and how my case is "cookie cutter" (what does this mean and how does it discredit anything I said). The individual posts and comments were steps to reach the conclusion. In the BSP section's case, the conclusion was "soup is putting up a false show of confidence to lure newbies into following his vote" as well as "literally all 3 people who followed you were turned on because of it."

Soup's response to the first accusation is that he was just swaggering. Well, alright. It could be either way on this one. Soup is indeed one to #swag for no reason.

His defense on the second point reads that it really must've been coincidence that he genuinely believed a case against every person who followed him at that point. Them feels and them reads. This is something that I cannot disprove and he cannot prove, which is why this needs an unbiased judgement from the audience.

My Day2 case is essentially blaming Soup as the leading factor for that lynch being so damn quick, making Day2 essentially a worthless day for information. Which is ridiculous given Soup has been the guy wanting to look at connections all game. Why would he cut the game before so many inactive factors, the people you have to look at most, did not have a chance to make a connection of some sort to the lynch targets, the nkill, etc... Soup essentially admits he was impatient and says he would have legitimately liked to look at BSP's post but did not. So yes he essentially rushed D2 because he did not look at other options, even when one he admitted was good presented itself.

Regarding myself vs Soup
Soup said:
Okay, yeah. Gonna skip this. Great to know you had past intentions to get at me but blow it off until D3.
I claim lazy, unmotivated, and unsure until D3. Best claim; can't prove me wrong nyeh.
Soup said:
If you really had a fuss then, why is it an issue now? Why are you suddenly jumping to activity?
Because all 3 of those players have now flipped town. I did not know their alignments back then and the case looked good enough. The tunnel vision on Tonberry is a sort of driving factor for this case. You turning on all 3 followers could have happened as a coincidence, but I'm arguing that this was a bit more planned, which the tunnelvision on Tonberry furthers. Your gambit has led to 2 mislynches, one of them with little discussion of alternatives and little information gained, and some would argue to the doctor being shot.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Two more things I found odd.

I also asked for Soup to say anything that can prove his role. He didn't do this. Oddly though...
I still hold firm about my statement earlier (especially the one about impatient townies), Badwolf still sits town a bit though I've heavily got my eye on him.
He's "got his eye heavily on Badwolf". If he were the reporter this entire time, and if he indeed did plan to look at Badwolf, I kinda hoped he would've noted how large of a crumb this is.

And also, Day 1 there were two people aside from Vinyl to make cases vs Soup. Joker (who was nKilled) and also Toaster (who was lynched.) Another coincidence. Too bad Tonberry never really got to speak past D1 on who his suspects were. I suppose on D1 he didn't suspect Soup or else he would've said something. And who knows past that. That would've been really incriminating, wouldn't it.

All I'm saying is that there's a ton of coincidences lining up here.

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
Vote Count 3-2

BadWolf28738 (3) Soup, Vinyl, Tyranitar
Tyranitarphantom (0)
BSP (0)
mightbebenjamin (0)
Vinyl. (0)
Soup (1) Sold
Sold2 (0)

Not Voting (3) Badwolf, BSP, benjy

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch!​

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Also as far as Soup and Vinyl scumteam is concerned, it's simply a possibility. Again, I said the point of it was so he can't respond "but who my scummate?" That gets pulled on me too often, but not here!

Vinyl's reaction is ridiculous, though.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Damnit Zen let me get my triple post. I need to up my post count so people think I'm more townie.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Super late EBWOP for the sake of making it look perfect.

@Soup

You know his inactivity and questions from yesterday? Well today he's pretty pumped on this when you voted Badwolf and asked him questions. I feel like solds posts screams of "I'll save you, Badwolf."

Soup let me finish my big post about you I'm working on before I even START on the possibility of Badwolf. It's D3 and we're way behind. It's NOT the time to be going fast and jumping to conclusions like that.
So the sentence in bold. To make sure, did you jump to conclusions, soup?
Because I really didn't feel like you were jumping on them.

Day 1, Vinyl FoS'd Soup and brought up a bit of a case versus him. Soup dismissed the case casually, though he eventually did explain himself to Vinyl's satisfaction. After which Vinyl forgot about pursuing Soup. I'd consider this "distancing" as in they planned this conflict to make themselves not be considered "connected." The fact Vinyl didn't vote him and dropped it so easily furthers this.

I did do an FoS on soup, he said I was wrong and asked him how.
It's true that I didn't continue this any further though, only left that out because I read this.

Day 2, Soup pushes Tonberry lynch, and then a case on Vinyl comes up. Soup continues to push for a rather quick Tonberry lynch. Vinyl can't get lynched if someone else is already getting lynched.

Says that; isn't aware that ton didn't respond and was close to getting modkilled. I was gonna make a case on Ton, but Badwolf said "nah".

Day 3 gets an actual quote.

This and the posts above it have Vinyl be surprised about Ori being dead. I swear to god it looks so much like an act between the two.

You haven't seen the past plays before. He knows how I play more than you, lol.[/collapse]
Everything in green.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
1. You failed Vinyl XD
2. I never said you shouldn't respond to the case against you.
3. I said that you didn't have to make one because I just didn't want a long wall for nothing.
4. I would actually enjoy it if you could respond to the other points of the case.

BSP

Smash Legend
I also asked for Soup to say anything that can prove his role. He didn't do this. Oddly though...
How can he prove his role if the setup is closed?

Anyways, I'm with Sold2 atm. All of these coincidences lining up sure doesn't look nice.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Well for example, the post I presented. You can "prove" your role, or at least "prove" you're not making it up on the spot by "breadcrumbing" (essentially leaving a hint) of what your role is in an earlier post. I'm not a fan of this method but people do do it, and I'm pointing out it's odd Soup didn't notice his own accidental crumb. Because if I was the reporter, saying I had my eye on someone would ring in my mind. It's not entirely strong, but then again what is.

You can also "prove" your role by providing insight on your thoughts with the role at various points in the game. Or if having that role prevented you from saying something in specific because you would rather leave your role to investigate it, so on and so on.

#HBC | ѕoup

I swear you're my mafia nemesis Sold, why we always gotta fight?

Sold2 said:
I will drop the RVS point because that is simply speculation and to show inconsistent play. It also connects to my very first comment vs you which was important to prove this case is not out of the blue.
Okay.

BSP:I'm glad Soup has taken the time to say why I'm wrong in his opinion, how my case makes him out to look like a bad guy (surprise!), and how my case is "cookie cutter" (what does this mean and how does it discredit anything I said). The individual posts and comments were steps to reach the conclusion. In the BSP section's case, the conclusion was "soup is putting up a false show of confidence to lure newbies into following his vote" as well as "literally all 3 people who followed you were turned on because of it."
Soup's response to the first accusation is that he was just swaggering. Well, alright. It could be either way on this one. Soup is indeed one to #swag for no reason.

His defense on the second point reads that it really must've been coincidence that he genuinely believed a case against every person who followed him at that point. Them feels and them reads. This is something that I cannot disprove and he cannot prove, which is why this needs an unbiased judgement from the audience.
Bold: You took explicit parts that deem your evidence wrong and forgot to post my explanations, example being that you were trying to say that I was manipulating players but did not even post the part where I explained my actions and thought processes willingly for the sake of doing so. It was cookie cutter for that matter, you cut out parts that would make your case seem weak. I don't understand the need for this, and it's crap. All three people who followed me were turned onto it? The BSP wagon was never a factor there. Toastin did not vote BSP. Tonberry voted BSP for a split second and I elaborated on why I was on Tonberry for it, his jump on BSP and then excusing that jump just because BSP was close to lynch looked bad in my eyes. Did you even mention how I had a spur with Toastin that decided my vote and then Toastin just let himself drop dead and all the newbies decided to just follow me on it? You want to talk about coincidence? That's ****ingg coincidence. In no point did I ever 'turn' on the people that followed on the BSP wagon, because the only factor it became was for Tonberry, which I explained. Who's the third guy anyway, Joker? Joker was leaning anxioustown if you remember correctly and actually read my posts, he was a curious case for me but I felt his effort was townie.

My Day2 case is essentially blaming Soup as the leading factor for that lynch being so damn quick, making Day2 essentially a worthless day for information. Which is ridiculous given Soup has been the guy wanting to look at connections all game. Why would he cut the game before so many inactive factors, the people you have to look at most, did not have a chance to make a connection of some sort to the lynch targets, the nkill, etc... Soup essentially admits he was impatient and says he would have legitimately liked to look at BSP's post but did not. So yes he essentially rushed D2 because he did not look at other options, even when one he admitted was good presented itself.
Why wait so long for newbies when you can get what you want a force a quicklynch? I pushed that lynch because I was confident and I needed it done, how does me pushing a lynch and putting substance and effort to my scum-reads make me scum here? Is it because i'm the big bad IC that only wants to manipulate the newbies? Please. The point about Vinyl and BSP's case is extremely moot and already answered.

I claim lazy, unmotivated, and unsure until D3. Best claim; can't prove me wrong nyeh.
Okay.

Because all 3 of those players have now flipped town. I did not know their alignments back then and the case looked good enough. The tunnel vision on Tonberry is a sort of driving factor for this case. You turning on all 3 followers could have happened as a coincidence, but I'm arguing that this was a bit more planned, which the tunnelvision on Tonberry furthers. Your gambit has led to 2 mislynches, one of them with little discussion of alternatives and little information gained, and some would argue to the doctor being shot.
How the hell is this all pinned on me suddenly. If people disagreed with my prirorities then they could've ****ing spoken up, instead I got sheeped almost willingly the first time (and need I mention I barely pushed it and looked for other people to respond!) and the second time I was pissed off because the game went 3 days without a ****ing soul saying anything, literally I threw something out and decided '**** it, I think this guy is scum, we're lynching this *****.' I didn't plan this. This is beyond absurd, and these coincidences are a stretch. Why did Joker die? I don't ****ing know, but how does this become factor over one situation that happened a long time ago? The parts that troubles me is that you're gonna get BSP to agree with you because he doesn't understand intentions yet and only goes for the guy with the biggest case in front of him, and then badwolf is gonna vote me and i'm gonna get lynched because townies can't recognize that I can't fight all their damn battles, you want to talk about manipulation? I'm being ****ing manipulated here by every goddamn player that has yet to step up and make me do work (besides BSP because he has been doing work). Everyone else, that happens to be town, get your ****ing head out of your *** and come post. It's ridiculous that Sold2 is the only person here and he writes a huge case on me and there is absolutely no response besides my own and BSP.

STEP THE **** UP.

#HBC | ѕoup

Sold2 said:
He's "got his eye heavily on Badwolf". If he were the reporter this entire time, and if he indeed did plan to look at Badwolf, I kinda hoped he would've noted how large of a crumb this is.

And also, Day 1 there were two people aside from Vinyl to make cases vs Soup. Joker (who was nKilled) and also Toaster (who was lynched.) Another coincidence. Too bad Tonberry never really got to speak past D1 on who his suspects were. I suppose on D1 he didn't suspect Soup or else he would've said something. And who knows past that. That would've been really incriminating, wouldn't it.

All I'm saying is that there's a ton of coincidences lining up here.
I didn't plan to crumb anything, but that sentence did make me consider investigating Badwolf. Yeah, I killed every player that suspected me, when, if you realized, Joker had me as town after he made his case and I refuted. That includes Vinyl. too. The only player who let himself drop dead was Toastin. Your coincidences are **** and you've got nothing.

BSP

Smash Legend
Badwolf, I started looking through your posts and I've noticed your habits have changed a bit. At the start of the game, you somewhat tunneled Joker a bit hard, but now you're doing much less. You didn't really pick any other leads to follow and...you've just been kind of sitting back until you just got accused recently.

What's with the dropoff after Joker died?

@Soup - I don't think Sold2's coincidences are **** because I've been on the same track for a while now. Maybe your intentions do look pro town, but that's part of the scum's agenda too. Kill off at night and look good in the day.

Soup, would you be willing to lynch anyone besides Badwolf toDay?

@everyone - I'll rephrase the question since I still don't trust Vinyl and I don't know why you all do. What has Vinyl done to convince you he's town?

BSP

Smash Legend
Also Soup, Toaster did vote for me.

But let me look into what Soup's saying for right now. Here were the two wagons:

tonberry (5) Soup, Vinyl, Ori, Badwolf, Tyranitar
ToasterBrains (6) benjy, Soup, Sold, Ori, PJB, Vinyl

Vinyl is on both. Again, what has he done to convince you guys that he's town?

He made one FoS against Soup, then dropped it and never picked it back up. He made that suspicious hammer on Toaster even though he confirmed him as town (yes, this still doesn't add up to me and I specifically said I'd hammer Toaster before D1 ended).

Next, he jumped on Ton's wagon without trying to argue against the case at all.

And now he's right on the Badwolf wagon without questioning the case or Soup in the slightest.

Why exactly do you guys trust him?

#HBC | ѕoup

@Soup - I don't think Sold2's coincidences are **** because I've been on the same track for a while now. Maybe your intentions do look pro town, but that's part of the scum's agenda too. Kill off at night and look good in the day.

Soup, would you be willing to lynch anyone besides Badwolf toDay?
"You look protown..."
"but that's because you're scum..."

Read that back to me again? Stop being so damn paranoid.

Yeah, Sold. I trust my own read on you and I trust Vinyl's. obscure dumbtell, the only thing I would look at is possibly Badwolf's reads and his consistency on him, he's got a ton of nullscum out there for no reason.

If it's not Sold2/Badwolf it's gotta be one of Benji/Tyranitar, not sure at the moment.

Also Soup, Toaster did vote for me.
Okay, great. It wasn't a factor towards my push on him.

tonberry (5) Soup, Vinyl, Ori, Badwolf, Tyranitar
ToasterBrains (6) benjy, Soup, Sold, Ori, PJB, Vinyl

Vinyl is on both. Again, what has he done to convince you guys that he's town?
Vinyl. is a sheep, nothing to it. What about everyone else on there? Badwolf? Tyranitar? (Specifcially tonberry's wagon) and Toaster? Benjy had an RVS vote on toaster and didn't do anything with it.

He made one FoS against Soup, then dropped it and never picked it back up. He made that suspicious hammer on Toaster even though he confirmed him as town (yes, this still doesn't add up to me and I specifically said I'd hammer Toaster before D1 ended).
I think it's a load of bull but I just don't trust that Vinyl. is that talented enough to do that, his effort seemed townie and I've played multiple games with Vinyl., he isn't a quick learner.

Next, he jumped on Ton's wagon without trying to argue against the case at all.
Look at where his vote is now. This is the third time Vinyl. has just sheeped.

It's not that I trust Vinyl., It's just that I think his play is overall town, he's not a player that I would keep around to endgame if means came to the end, but it's not the same situation right now seeing how I have badwolf on a corner and Sold breathing down my neck.

#HBC | ѕoup

Hmmm..

Badwolf, let's say I don't want to lynch you anymore (purely hypothetical.)

Who should we be lynching instead? Give me one person.

Tyranitarphantom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SwitcherooTtar
I'm not really worried about Vinyl. He's just playing dumb town. Of course, it could all be a ruse. But such is mafia.

I'd be very interested to see what Badwolf comes up with.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Yeah, Sold. I trust my own read on you and I trust Vinyl's. obscure dumbtell, the only thing I would look at is possibly Badwolf's reads and his consistency on him, he's got a ton of nullscum out there for no reason.

If it's not Sold2/Badwolf it's gotta be one of Benji/Tyranitar, not sure at the moment.
You supposedly claim reporter. And you claim that Badwolf went out last night. And Badwolf claims vanilla, meaning by all logic, one of you two has to be scum. Or were you lying about your claim and are town too? As far as I'm concerned, this is you admitting that your claim was a FAKE.

Why would town ever lie about their role to try and lynch another player? Someone please tell me this. But I can name a billion reasons mafia would do it. C'mon guys, this is unacceptable.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I've gave out two reasons why I voted ton and toast, and then it's like none of you read.

Your tellings of me "sheeping" is straight up bull, soup.

#HBC | ѕoup

You supposedly claim reporter. And you claim that Badwolf went out last night. And Badwolf claims vanilla, meaning by all logic, one of you two has to be scum. Or were you lying about your claim and are town too? As far as I'm concerned, this is you admitting that your claim was a FAKE.

Why would town ever lie about their role to try and lynch another player? Someone please tell me this. But I can name a billion reasons mafia would do it. C'mon guys, this is unacceptable.
Oh god. You're ****ing kidding me. Did you really just try to make this a tell? You really are scum aren't you, all I said if it isn't Badwolf/You it's either one of Tyranitar/Benji. Congratulations on making the biggest stretch known to ****ing man ever.

Absolute bull****.

#HBC | ѕoup

I've gave out two reasons why I voted ton and toast, and then it's like none of you read.

Your tellings of me "sheeping" is straight up bull, soup.
You gonna vote me too sheep boy? :smirk:

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Oh god. You're ****ing kidding me. Did you really just try to make this a tell? You really are scum aren't you, all I said if it isn't Badwolf/You it's either one of Tyranitar/Benji. Congratulations on making the biggest stretch known to ****ing man ever.

Absolute bull****.
If you are really the reporter, why do you even doubt yourself.

#HBC | ѕoup

I don't doubt myself, I don't doubt that Badwolf isn't scum, I do however Doubt the pair I have here.

I feel like Badwolf, in a situation that he knew he couldn't fight, wouldn't try and bus his partner her for town credibility because frankly that would only give town another mislynch and another chance to prove myself right.

Top Bottom