• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLP: Friendship is Mafia: Background Ponies Unite - Ovah!

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Just woke up. Busy tonight. No one wants to do this ISO. It's freaking hilarious.

Again, the thing that causes any doubt in my mind is that Badwolf keeps on going after Vinyl, even after I've said multiple times that only Soup and Badwolf are the logical lynch choices. Someone please tell my why town or scum would go after Vinyl right now. I have a few ideas in mind, but I wanna play the Soup game.

Badwolf, if you believe Vinyl is scum, who do you believe his scummate is? (and if it's Soup I'm going to strangle you.)

TTar, I know you want to win and not mess up, but we have to come to a solid stance one way or another soon. What would it take for you to believe it one way or another. (You can't just say "dat ISO" here, be more specific as in what do you want that ISO to prove.)

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
Badwolf, if you believe Vinyl is scum, who do you believe his scummate is? (and if it's Soup I'm going to strangle you.)
It's only logical that Soup/Vinyl are scum right now. If either of them had buddies they would have already jumped on my wagon and that would have been endgame. There's literally no other logical way that either of them aren't scum at this point.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
A little EBWOP here: I don't see why you would strangle me if I thought that Soup was scum. It occurs to me that he hasn't hit my scumdar until yesterDay, where as Vinyl has been there since D2. I feel the Vinylscum much more than Soupscum.

Tyranitarphantom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SwitcherooTtar
You're gonna have to back that up, Vinyl.

I really have no idea how I'm going to figure this out. If it comes down to it, I'll just make my best guess.

S2, are you still on Soup?

Tyranitarphantom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SwitcherooTtar
Well, this has been productive. And now this page lags -_-

S2, how do you feel about Vinyl? He probably the scummiest to me right now. Doing absolutely nothing except saying how confident he is, and OMGUSing at me and Badwolf.

I'm not really feeling Badwolf scum. However, this day will not end with a no lynch.

Vote: Vinyl for now.

@mod deadline please

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
You may lynch me, scum, but there's no escape. Soup got me and he said I was at home.

How could you not say that badwolf is not scum to you?

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Out of all poeple, both you and badwolf are concerned toDay.

What makes you even more scummy is pointing me as the scum pick with your reasoning.
Now here's what I'll do, I'm going to ask both of you to make yourselves a case against me and soup being scumbuddies.

See if you can please sold2.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
Ok well, right now, the only scum teams that are even slightly possible would be Vinyl/Soup, me/TTar, sold/TTar, or me/sold.

Those are the only logical teams right now.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Request deadline extension

Alright, badwolf. Are most of those possible scum teams based on what you think or by reasoning?

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I'm fine with this. Was pairing Vinyl with Soup or Badwolf anyways, so I supposed if you want to think things statistically, those two are only 50% and Vinyl is probably more to me.

Axel

J|Zεη
Vote Count 4-2

BadWolf28738 (2) Soup, Vinyl
Tyranitarphantom (0)
Vinyl. (3) Badwolf, Tyranitar, Sold
Soup (0)
Sold2 (0)

Not Voting (0)

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.

A lynch has been reached!

The few ponies left were at their wits end coming into the day. They were tired, scared, and hopeless. Could one of them really be a murderous fiend? The only real information they had was from the reporter pony, Film Reel:

"I'm telling you guys! I saw Candy Mane sneaking out and about the other night. It has to be her!"

Another pony, Derpy, the head of the convention replied, "gaiz it has 2 be dem i kno it. die candi main die!"

The other three ponies did not like that. Why was Derpy being so aggressive all the sudden? They had never seen her like this.

"Well you're the one that brought us all here in the first place" the spa pony, Aloe, shouted at Derpy. "How do we know this wasn't all just a trap to get us here!?"

"Th-th-that's right, Derpy!" Candy Mane agreed.

"That's right, you tell em guys!" Vinyl Scratch chimed in.

"Get her!" Aloe, Candy Mane, and Vinyl Scratch all charged Derpy at once.

"nooo gaiz noooooo" But it was too late. The damage had been done.

Vinyl, Derpy Hooves, Town Vanilla, has been lynched!

With Derpy gone, the four ponies looked around at each other...was it...over? Suddenly Vinyl Scratch began to laugh...a sinister laugh... "ahahahahahahhaaa! Good work my most faithful student."

"Ye-yes...princess..." Candy Mane replied. The two of them turned to Aloe, who was in complete shock.

"Wh-what are you guys saying?"

"End this one"

"...yes...princess..." A horn suddenly popped out of Candy Mane's forehead.

What is going oooaaaaaa! Aloe was suddenly lifted into the air by ponykenesis "ahh aahhhhh!"

"I'm sorry >_<"

"Ahhhhhh-

..."
And with that, the Spa Pony, Aloe, was no more...

Tyranitar, Aloe, Town Vanilla, loses in endgame!

Finally, the two ponies turned to Film Reel, who had been watching the whole scene in shock and horror in the corner. They slowly crept up to the reporter pony...

"Pl-please...I...I beg of you." The pony pleaded as she was lifted into the air, her eyes entirely full of horror.

"Hmm, one moment my student. Tell me, pony, why is it that you came here to this "convention?" Vinyl Scratch spoke towards the reporter.

"I...just wanted to get the latest scoop. I thought the convention would make a great headline...:urg:"

"hmm" VinS nodded towards Candy Mane. The reporter pony dropped to the ground... alive.

"I shall let you live. I want every pony far and wide to know what happened here these past few days. This is the result of ponies stepping out of their place. You will make a report of this, including the deaths of Vinyl Scratch and Candy Mane as well. Do you understand?"

"..."

"WELL?"

"Good...if you ever reveal anything more than this, rest assured it will not end well. Now then, be gone."

Film Reel nodded quickly, grabbed her camera, and trotted off as fast as she could.

Soup, Film Reel, Town Reporter, loses in endgame!

"Finally, we can rid off these uncomfortable disguises..."

Sold2, Princess Celestia ["Vinyl Scratch"], Mafia Godfather, wins the game!

BadWolf, Twilight Sparkle ["Candy Mane"], Mafia Goon, wins the game!

[collapse=Roles][collapse=Town]
Axel said:
Hello, Tyranitarphantom! You are Aloe, Town Vanilla!

You are tired of catering to all the main stream ponies. You work hard every day making sure they are clean and sparkly for the show. Especially for that Rarity. But do they ever thank you? NO. You deserve to have an episode just like any other pony, don't you?

Abilities: Your voice and your vote! Use them wisely!

Win Condition: You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated!
Axel said:
(I swear this was random, you lucky you :))

Hello, Vinyl! You are Derpy, Town Vanilla!

You may get in the way sometimes, but you do your best to help! None of the main stream ponies seem to care about that. All they do is complain and leave you out of the fun. You deserve to have an episode just like any other pony, don't you?

Win condition: You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated!
Axel said:
Hello, tonberry! You are Octavia, Town Vanilla!

Hmph! You have more talent than any pony! Yet you have yet to have your own episode! You play beautiful symphonies for ponies all over Equestria. Surely, you deserve to have an episode just like any other pony, don't you?

Axel said:
Hello, ToasterBrains! You are Bon Bon, Town Vanilla!

You make many appearances in the show, but none of the mainstream ponies seem to appreciate you. One of them even tried to frame you of taking their apples! Pah! You help out around ponyville by tending to the flowers everyday and that's how they treat you? Surely, you deserve to have an episode just like any other pony, don't you?

Axel said:
Hello, Soup! You are Film Reel, Town Reporter!

You don't care so much about having your own episode. You're just here for the latest scoop! This convention is sure to have some juicy stuff going on!

Abilities: Each night phase you may send the moderator one name. At the start of the next day phase, you will then be told if that player was 'home' or 'not home' that night.

Axel said:
Hello, Loli Ori! You are High Style, Town Vanilla!

As your name says, you got style! But that goes completely unnoticed. That mainstream pony Fluttershy got an entire episode dedicated to her style, even though she is naked 99% of the time! You on the other hand have only gotten a quick glimpse of screen time. You deserve to have an episode just like any other pony, don't you?

Axel said:
Hello, PrivateJoker-Brown ! You are Nurse Redheart, Town Doctor!

You work hard every day providing health for all the ponies of ponyville, but you hardly ever get the respect you deserve. One time after catering to one of the mainstream ponies for days and days, she thanked you by breaking into the hospital and stealing one of your Daring -Do books! This is the kind of stuff you deal with on a daily bases. Surely, you deserve to have an episode just like any other pony, don't you?

Abilities: Each night you may send the moderator the name of one player, excluding yourself. That night, the chosen player will be protected from any harm.

Axel said:
Hello, mightbebenjamin! You are Apple Bumpkin, Town Vanilla!

Apples, Apples, Apples! Buy some apples! Buy some Apples! Buy some apples! Why does your cousin Applebloom get so much screen time!? You deserve to have an episode just like any other pony, don't you?

Axel said:
Hello, BSP! You are Apple Fritter, Town Vanilla!

You make the best Apple Fritters around! But unlike your cousin Applejack and the rest of your relatives in ponyville, you don't get much admiration. For pony's sake, Applejack was invited to serve at the GRAND GALLOPING GALA. You deserve to have an episode just like any other pony, don't you?

[/collapse][collapse=Mafia]
Axel said:
Hello, Sold2! You are Princess Celestia, Mafia Godfather!

These background ponies have done it this time. If this situation gets out of hand, it could mean the end of order in Equestria. You cannot let that happen. It's up to you, and your goon, Twilight Sparkle (BadWolf) to rid of this situation once and for all.

Abilities: You show up as innocent and always appear to be home upon investigation. As a member of the mafia you or your partner may PM the moderator the name of a player each night. That player will be killed that night.

Win condition: You win when nothing can prevent your faction from obtaining majority!

You may communicate with Badwolf here: http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/3mh54BJdkepE

[collapse=Fake Claim]Hello, Sold2! You are Vinyl Scratch, Town Vanilla!

You're the most awesome pony around! OK maybe that mainstream pony Rainbow Dash might disagree, but hey you're still pretty awesome! Your producers don't seem to get that though. They keep you in the background and even got your name wrong! Man, you deserve to have an episode just like any other pony, don't you?

[/collapse]
Axel said:
Hello, Badwolf! You are Twilight Sparkle, Mafia Goon!

You are Princess Celestia's (Sold2) most faithful student. It's up to you to help the princess eliminate the background ponies before they get out of control and destroy the natural order!

Abilities: As a member of the mafia you or your partner may PM the moderator the name of a player each night. That player will be killed that night.

Win condition: You win when nothing can prevent your faction from obtaining majority!

You may communicate with Sold2 here: http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/3mh54BJdkepE

[collapse=Fake Claim #1]Hello, BadWolf! You are Candy Mane, Town Vanilla!

You are the pinnacle of backgroundiness. You weren't even given a CUTIE MARK! The mainstream Phillies get an entire chronicle about not having cutie marks. But not you. You deserve to have an episode just like any other pony, don't you?

[/collapse][collapse=Fake Claim #2]Hello, BadWolf! You are Candy Mane, Town ______!

You are the pinnacle of backgroundiness. You weren't even given a CUTIE MARK! The mainstream Phillies get an entire chronicle about not having cutie marks. But not you. You deserve to have an episode just like any other pony, don't you?

Abilities: ________________________________

Win condition: You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated![/collapse]
[/collapse][/collapse]

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Sigh.

Maybe i didn't do enough to win, I literally pinned both of the scum-team after I got Badwolf. So much dissapointment right now..

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Also S2 I knew that staying at home didn't clear a player and I had you PoE'd as I town-read everyone else so nyeh you lose sir. I'm disappointed that we lost but as I said, maybe I should have put more effort.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
We were going for a badwolf lynch first.

I was blind to spot out the safe claim, but that was why I told soup to do sold.
Tyran you did good, bro

As for me, I shouldn't have been so aggro.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
This was a good read.
Especially near the end. Except for the extremely long periods of inactivity, lol.

BSP

Smash Legend
Why didn't you guys lynch Badwolf?

I'm salty about that surprise mod kill. I was going to hammer Badwolf >_>

:phone:

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Vinyl-it's fine to be aggressive when you feel like you have a scummy nailed.

True, True, but I can't say it's tyran's fault for being cautious.
This is newbie mafia, and I should've been aware how new players are, which I wasn't exactly focused on. :/

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Zen said if he couldn't get replacements he would modkill.
@Vinyl-true enough.
@badwolf-ICs can't get mvp in newbie games.

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
Soupa: You did well. Pretty much as expected. The only thing I would have liked more of was a little more guidance for the newbies rather than your normal kind of play. I felt there were some things you could have explained more such as why there wasn't only one scum and the balance of setups to Tyranitar. I thought mafia was surely screwed when you caught Sold's chainsaw after you revealed that you were a reporter. In general, in this game, and all the games you have been in recently, I have noticed that you still continue to improve like a lot. You're a top player in my eyes especially after deadpool. You made all the adjustments you needed to after your scum play in Ryker mafia. Your only set back is still just people not listening to you. I do feel, however, that you are starting to gain more influence.

Vinyl: Well played overall. You were active and pretty much where you needed to be. I think you finally have gained enough experience to pretty much play in regular games now. You being aggro at the end wasn't really a problem, it was just unexpected lol. Never clear anyone solely based on their claim ever no matter how townie it may seem.

Tyranitar: This was your first game, yeah? You did a good job as well. Even though you didn't get it in the end, you still played proactively the entire game and put actual effort into trying to figure out scum. I hope ya stick around and play more games :3. btw the benjy mod kill wasn't "poor modding", there simply wasn't anyone willing to replace in. If you guys mislynched, it would have been endgame if I did the kill during the night.

BSP: Nice work to you as well. You actively scum hunted were a positive factor in town. Hope you stay around! As mentioned to Tyranitar, the modkill was really all I could do. Don't hate the mod, hate the player.

Private-Joker: It might not have been the best idea to play so pro town with the role you had! BW knew he wanted to kill you before the day even ended haha. Though you might not have been killed off in a normal game since scum players might assume you were vanilla for playing so proactive. I feel you would have been a good asset to town as a player had you lived longer. You probably would have been doc protected too had you not been doc yourself. Good job.

Ori: Thanks for replacing in man!

@Everyone Else: I hope you enjoyed the game. I hope you guys stick around and play more games! I'm not sure what was up with the inactivity. Inactivity is Towns worst enemy. Thanks for playing yal!

No MVP for this game.

Top Bottom