• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - MLG Anaheim 2014 MLG Orlando Video Thread (Updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadyf0o

Smash Journeyman
The MLG Orlando Video Thread!

This thread is not for discussion pertaining to why MLG/Nintendo have not released MLG Orlando's Brawl Videos. This thread will serve as a compilation of vids that are available to us and discussion of said vids.

If you haven't already guessed it, I was the fool holding my phone in the air the entire time :chuckle:

I'll start things off with M2k and Ally's final match. I will add more later and I hope the rest of you who have vids will do the same. The distance and quality of the matches vary

Gameplay
Ally vs. M2K (Grand Finals)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoIzRmP7jhg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-19NssjjZQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81BZb99AaQs

"Just want to say this - the match vs ally on brinstar looked nothing like any of my matches vs anybody else, let alone most of my matches with ally on other stages. You are trying to base my style off of 1 match on a broken stage, which is very wrong. If you are seriously trying to judge how I play or my skill level based on that, then you're stupid." - M2K.

ADHD vs. Nick Riddle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BFM38MFrK0

T!mmy vs. Dtor
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKU4N6cpAZc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBMrS...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmws-...eature=related

Venue
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giignR_r0gI

purenano

Smash Rookie
It's sad that thats what brawl has come too. M2k is good im not denouncing that, but he isn't better than ally, he just had a better character and spamed probably the most broken move in the game. If M2k played another character he would lose against ally, no doubt about that. He would still do decent with other characters but without metaknight sorry all those major tournament wins would be out the window. I'm happy that a lot of metaknight players arn't willing to play that anal=>dair,dair,dair,nado,dair,nado,dair,dair, down smash. But common just ban metaknight already, its hurting a good game. I'm sorry you had to go through that ally, when the deserving player doesn't win it leaves a bad taste.

Nicole

Smash Champion
^ it's not like snake is a bad character, dude. mk is totally gay, but snake is also totally gay.

ps, nice video quality :psycho:

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Haha, wow. How can anyone even begin to defend M2K after that? MLG is a pretty lame idea in the first place, but even they must understand that in order to make Brawl a successful draw, you can't have matches (much less FINALS) like that. I'm not a big fan of banning characters, but either MK (and maybe Snake) goes, or you institute some mandatory character change. Clearly, turning off items/stages and "balancing" the game alone isn't getting Brawl the cred you think it needs to be considered competitive.

Masky

Smash Master
That is a terrible match to show as an example of the grand finals, they should have shown the match right before this one on Pokemon Stadium or w/e. That was intense lol

CO18

Smash Hero
M2k just beat him straightup all the other matches were really clean and ally couldve done way more to not get nadospammed he just gets ***** by it for w/e reason

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
It's sad that thats what brawl has come too. M2k is good im not denouncing that, but he isn't better than ally, he just had a better character and spamed probably the most broken move in the game. If M2k played another character he would lose against ally, no doubt about that. He would still do decent with other characters but without metaknight sorry all those major tournament wins would be out the window. I'm happy that a lot of metaknight players arn't willing to play that anal=>dair,dair,dair,nado,dair,nado,dair,dair, down smash. But common just ban metaknight already, its hurting a good game. I'm sorry you had to go through that ally, when the deserving player doesn't win it leaves a bad taste.
QFT.

Ridiculous how a character can be reduced to only 2 moves and still defeat the top Brawl player.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
you guys are a bunch of moron scrubs. That's the way you're supposed to play on Brinstar
QFT.

Good work M2K, don't let the noobs ruin your day. Well played, great win. You and Ally both played very well, you just had the better strat on Brinstar this time. Why do people still not understand that playing to win means just that? Again, great job and great counter-strategy.

Also, I wasn't aware that Triforce / Empire Arcadia were getting involved with Brawl, that's pretty awesome. Thanks for the video links, Psychoace.

dao

Smash Cadet
I find it funny how the "PROS" are backing jason up. MLG stages are clearly in mk's favor and we should acknowledge that. Point said, Ally did an amazing job, but on brinstar, you can tell that snake had NO way to win. Please don't tell me "my" snake or "his" snake was doing it wrong, Ally got second, gg.

Gindler

Smash Champion
M2K>Ally

Bananas>>>tornado, tornado is meh.

Common =/= c'mon

dao

Smash Cadet
M2K>Ally

Bananas>>>tornado, tornado is meh.

Common =/= c'mon

Tornado is meh? Tornado won M2K $2500.

Bananas >>>Tornado?

Oh that's why ADHD got 6th. He forgot to use the bananas against them tornados.

Ally has been a superior player than m2k, Jason just finally brought out his gay.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Ally has been a superior player than m2k, Jason just finally brought out his gay.
This statement is incredibly meaningless.

There is a win or there is a loss, that is all. There is no "oh, well when he wins it's less gay, so he's better". Whoever wins is the winner, that's all you need to be concerned with.

Ally has been doing great lately, and M2K thought up and employed the strategy needed to beat him. There is zero shame in that-- it is the objective of our hobby to overcome obstacles by whatever means necessary. If you don't like that, you shouldn't be playing competitive games.

I have mad respect for M2K and Ally both-- but you're just spouting crap about "the coolest player is the best" or w/e and that's stupid.

dao

Smash Cadet
The coolest player? Really?

M2k thought up and employed a strategy? This strategy has been in the game since the beginning of the Brawl days. And this is why we got rid of most of our starters/cp's, to stop this strategy. I have mad respect for both as well, but he doesn't need to have people to agree with him.

I don't care about "coolness", I'm just pointing out that I hate MK.

dao

Smash Cadet
Jason, I hate you, and I love you.

but MLG cp's were against diddys.

so even if you were to fight against a good diddy kong, you woulda ***** them.
(which you technically did)

Gnes

Smash Master
and i hate diddy

cuz all he has to do is block and then banana

just so you know adhd lost to dsf by timer last game on a non-neutral by one damage

and he said he hasn't been practicing for this either.
Hmm...do what dojo/atomsk do, cuz apparently there doing something right if there beating me/adhd. Eventually this myth will go up in flames, well it already is hahaha

As far as him practicing goes, he knew orlando was coming, its not like it just popped up out of nowhere. If he went to a national tourney without adequate "practice", its only his fault. I dont get what get u out of saying he was Out of practice.

LOL SERIN

Also...good job employing the ksizzle strat...im glad to see u finally play up to. your potential against ally, because whobo was very, hard to watch

shadyf0o

Smash Journeyman
I didn't leave MLG thinking any of the grand finals matches were bad. There was no hype, because everyone has seen this same scenario with Ally and M2k played out before. All of grand finals was legit. None of you complaining about M2K's approach would ever beat Ally the same way or any other way so relax.

Haha, wow. How can anyone even begin to defend M2K after that? MLG is a pretty lame idea in the first place, but even they must understand that in order to make Brawl a successful draw, you can't have matches (much less FINALS) like that. I'm not a big fan of banning characters, but either MK (and maybe Snake) goes, or you institute some mandatory character change. Clearly, turning off items/stages and "balancing" the game alone isn't getting Brawl the cred you think it needs to be considered competitive.
Absolutely false. This event was great for Brawl. Better than I could have hoped. There was a lot of character diversity, a lot of upsets, and a lot of hype. This event made a great impression on MLG. Don't let one match influence how you think the tournament played out as a whole.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Tornado is meh? Tornado won M2K $2500.

Bananas >>>Tornado?

Oh that's why ADHD got 6th. He forgot to use the bananas against them tornados.

I guess tornado helped...

Tornado doesn't do anything but add damage (occasional roofio's i guess)...Banana combos into, grabs, kill moves, dash attacks, more bananas pretty much anything really. And is one of the best OOS options.

Okay, a good diddy got 6th. I guess that makes tornados better? Not really a valid argument but w/e

Yeah, ally's cool. They're both good but w/e

dj asakura

Smash Ace
@Mew2King: All I have to say is this; Haters are going to hate.

People can complain and moan about how you play, but at the end of the day you're the one that walked home with $2500 in hand. And from hearing all these other top players say they didn't practice as much as they should have and you having put so much time into the game pre-Orlando, you deserved it.

purenano

Smash Rookie
Thats your strategy for that map huh? lol. Well its a game and sure people should play to win, but when brawl gets a chance to get into mlg and the grand finals look like that. Then don't expect brawls dwindling fan base to divert from its usual pattern because it won't be. You don't have to be entertaining but pulling off a performance like that, man I've never seen a game get so low. Enjoy the 2500 because lets hope mlg knows when to pull the plug from a game that needs it. You guys want to see what a finals should look like check out the halo 3 finals thats impressive. When it gets strictly to winning with this game, some people are willing to go that low with metaknight. Either the game needs to go or a character needs to go in my opinion. People need to start waking up and realising how many benefits could come off a simple ban of one character. Its a fun game but anyone who remains unphased by that needs to be honest with themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom