• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG National Championship Results (Full Results!)

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
No, no, Fox is good at nothing.

But on a serious note, I think Sheik vs Fox is even, Marth vs Fox is even, Fox vs Peach depends on how technically well the Fox is playing, Fox vs Falco I'd say is small in Falcos favor but actually pretty even.
Fox has a rediculous advantage against Peach, it only requries him to not mess up. Which is a lot better than hoping that the Fox does mess up.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
PC is too good.Korean DJ is getting better and better every match I watch of his.Wasn't he relatively unknown last year?

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
Fox and falco are obviously the best characters, just cuz they take a litte bit more effort to play doesent make marth and sheik better then them

Nite

Smash Champion
It's all right Chris. You still got fans. =)

P.S. Who repped me lately in this thread and didn't put their name at the end?

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
You guys are right about this P.c. Chris guy. He doesn't have nearly the amount of posts as us non-noobs.

Captain Smashie

Smash Apprentice
lol @ lazy mods not stickying this when the playoffs is still stickied...

maybe they should take a break from +repping each other in the BRoom all day n do some moderating :ohwell:

Nite

Smash Champion
Lol. I wish I had VoD so I could watch all of those hot matches that we miss out on.

technomancer

Smash Champion
No, no, Fox is good at nothing.

But on a serious note, I think Sheik vs Fox is even, Marth vs Fox is even, Fox vs Peach depends on how technically well the Fox is playing, Fox vs Falco I'd say is small in Falcos favor but actually pretty even.
LOL Shiek is even, M2k, learn to waveshine! Gawd don't you pros read the forums?

Fox Hater

Smash Journeyman
I dont think Marth vs Fox is even I think marth a Slight advantage over fox if the stage has no platform chaingrab to death. ( even with DA) Also fox recovery sucks so Marth can easily kill you while trying to recover back to stage. And If the stage has platforms well "Platform trap" and its over. The only thing that a fox has is jab, lacer, shine to grab+ uptilt and short hop neautral to enter and If a marth plays in good Defense is going to be a hard fight for Fox.

PS: HDL Best Marth in the world.

Fox Hater

Smash Journeyman
Ken Is good But that doesn't make him a god or something is just that at last someone studied his moves and countered him. Also there are a lot of good smash player out there that just have not had the oportunity to show their skills. So yes Ken fights good and has traveled many places but there is always someone better.

falco freak

Smash Journeyman
YAY go PC getting 1st. now hes ranked first on mlgpro.com :chuckle: takin out ken. but as always ken + isai get teams. congrats to everyone.

Fox Hater

Smash Journeyman
Just because he got first on this tournament doesn't means he is the best. In order to be number 1 he needs to finish first constantly. There are many factors that could affect the outcome of a tournament.

PS: Keep up the competition.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
What we have is an interesting scenario (covering just a few players).

KoreanDJ can't be first because he lost to PC Chris.

Azen can't be first because he lost to Ken.

Ken can't be first because he lost to KoreanDJ.

ChuDat can't be first because he lost to Azen.

Ken has the advantage over Azen, ChuDat, and PC Chris but not KoreanDJ.

Azen has the advantage over ChuDat and KoreanDJ.

ChuDat has the advantage over KoreanDJ and PC Chris.

PC Chris has the advantage over KoreanDJ and Azen.

KoreanDJ has the advantage over Ken.

When I say advantage, I mean if they played a set, it's more than likely they would win based on past results (mostly).

If we removed KoreanDJ from the equation, Ken would be the most dominant player once again, but with KoreanDJ, what has happened to Ken is similar to what happened to PC Chris in Orlando and Chicago. Essentially, a lower seeded player (relatively speaking) has the number of a higher seeded player. Azen had PC Chris's number, so in Chicago and Orlando, where PC Chris would have later exits from the winner's/loser's bracket, he instead met an earlier than normal demise (basicly Azen took away his cushion).

The same bodes true for Ken, but to a more extragent extent regarding KoreanDJ, who sent him to an early exit in Orlando (where he then faced Isai). In New York, lets pretend the set against Azen was a mulligan, he ran into Mew2King in the losers, who he had been training with, and who had lost to KoreanDJ. In Vegas, he lost to KoreanDJ twice. KoreanDJ has been Ken's x-factor, but if you look at all the top players, Ken is the only one with just one real weakness, the rest are vulnerable to many other players, even ones I didn't mention.

KoreanDJ I think has the most potential out of anyone, so he may quickly rise to the top of the top.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
lol

the only people who should talk is the people who attend mlg events. Lots of skilled players lots of talent who cares whos better? everyone makes money and is happy with what they get.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
there's no such thing as having more potential than someone else it's all how much you've been practicing recently and KDJ has been practicing chars that matters for tourneys more than the rest of us have been so he's been improving the most. It's really that simple. Potential is unlimited. Also you might as well include me in the list, I **** Marths with Fox/Sheik/Marth dittos, and my Marth does far better than my Fox does against PC I learned at Vegas, and does alright against Chu (although I'd rather use Peach there but I need to learn how to handle camping Fox's with Peach), while KDJ could just Sheik my Marth so the only answer to KDJ is to actually practice my Fox which I plan on doing soon. You make me feel left out =(

Also no offense to PC but since when does PC have the advantage over Azen. Is it because he beat Azen once at Vegas? Every other tourney EVER they fought in Azen always won, even as far back as Bomb4 and Gauntlet, and the other two MLGs they attended. I don't think Azen was playing good at Vegas, based on how he did in singles/teams and my friendlies with him, so you shouldn't just give people advantages like that.

I'm sure if any of us top pros practice just a little bit more, we can change our "rankings" or however you rate us, by just improving a little bit or making ourselves more consistent.

The top players are as close in skill level as the top 4 or 5 characters are on the tier list, which is still being debated in the back room right now, and that's pretty **** close and much of it comes down to opinions.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
M2K, you were number 5 on my list, but I didn't want to clutter it more than it already was so I figured going over top 4 would suffice. You should know that history between the top players doesn't matter so much as well, at least history from 6 months + back (although I'd say Azen versus Ken may be relevent, but the history of someone who has improved vastly like yourself is not as relevent considering you are a totally differant opponant now than you were in January 06). Look at yourself, you've improved astronomicly in the last 6 months-1 year. Players like Azen, Ken, and ChuDat though are not going to have any large leaps in skill like you and KoreanDJ have though, because they've been doing the same thing and playing the same amount and the same top level opponants for the last...3 years or so.

As for the potential thing, KoreanDJ is getting better faster than everyone else, and I think its partly because he is a fast learner.

And your right, the skill levels are so close it is easily swung (for most of the match ups at least), which means PC Chris currently has the advantage over Azen. If you saw the match, you saw that Azen got *****, similar to how KoreanDJ got ***** by Azen in Orlando. The problem was the set wasn't even close between Azen and PC Chris in Vegas, which makes me think currently PC Chris has Azens number, until another tournament comes around to prove otherwise. I also don't think Azen was playing well at Vegas, but you can't base things on Johns, there are plenty of tournaments Ken doesn't seem to be playing as well as normal and he still takes them (although not so much for MLG's as of late).

ToP CaT

Smash Lord
playing certain characters only because they are good for tournaments is weak as hell, play who you have fun with, not just who you have the best chance of winning with, after all it is a game...not a life choice..!?!?!

manacloud1

Smash Champion
lol

there's no such thing as having more potential than someone else it's all how much you've been practicing recently and KDJ has been practicing chars that matters for tourneys more than the rest of us have been so he's been improving the most. It's really that simple. Potential is unlimited. Also you might as well include me in the list, I **** Marths with Fox/Sheik/Marth dittos, and my Marth does far better than my Fox does against PC I learned at Vegas, and does alright against Chu (although I'd rather use Peach there but I need to learn how to handle camping Fox's with Peach), while KDJ could just Sheik my Marth so the only answer to KDJ is to actually practice my Fox which I plan on doing soon. You make me feel left out =(

Also no offense to PC but since when does PC have the advantage over Azen. Is it because he beat Azen once at Vegas? Every other tourney EVER they fought in Azen always won, even as far back as Bomb4 and Gauntlet, and the other two MLGs they attended. I don't think Azen was playing good at Vegas, based on how he did in singles/teams and my friendlies with him, so you shouldn't just give people advantages like that.

I'm sure if any of us top pros practice just a little bit more, we can change our "rankings" or however you rate us, by just improving a little bit or making ourselves more consistent.

The top players are as close in skill level as the top 4 or 5 characters are on the tier list, which is still being debated in the back room right now, and that's pretty **** close and much of it comes down to opinions.

how come you keep stating that if u practice hard enough youll be good enough. You are rock lee, youll never beat neji mew2king. There are guys out there every day who practice and still arent good at the game. With smash it takes a certain talent, and i would say practice to be good. For some it takes longer and for some its natural. Natural talent, the only real talent is being a nobody and going to a tournament where people knows stuff you dont know and being able to win it. Everyone else just copies and tries to learn off one another to be good. These are the hard workers like yourself, but in reality how far can that take you , can you ever really beat neji mew2king?

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
Well in some ways manacloud is correct...

Practice and training can only take you so far.

But mew2king doesn't give himself enough credit. Whether he believes it or not, (he probably doesn't) he does have a great amount of natural talent at this game.

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
its hard to say whos the best cuz so many ppl beat eachother
if u look at this mlg season you'll see that

Even though ken won the most and i agree is prob the best smasher in the world, he went 0-2 vs kdj in sets, 1-1 vs azen, 2-3 vs me, i believe isai even went 1-0 vs ken, also m2k went 1-2 vs ken

But this is where Chu comes in, Chu has a good if not perfect record vs kdj and m2k who are all threats to ken, and also does well vs me having a record over a little then 50% prob but chu can never beat ken or azen

Kdj does very well vs ken having a perfect record, also does well vsm2k and everyone else but has never won Vs azen chu or me in mlg yet i believe

I do well Vs ken, kdj and m2k but azen has the set advantage vs me 1-3 and even tho i beat him by a goodamount at vegas it was only one set so he still has a big advantage over me
, chu also has a slight advantage over me this season , and i also lost to hugs which (no offense to hugs) is rare for a top player to do.

Azen is hard to say, he does well vs me and chu and kdj but has a tough time with ken and m2k from what we've seen . hes also lost a set to tink its hard to say things about azen cuz he randomly came to mlg halfway through the season but hes def a top player

i guess the purpose of the post is to show that ppl have style counters , just cuz i won the points for the mlg season and won the finals doesent mean im officially the best smasher cuz i still think theres a few players that are better then me

im not 100% sure if all this set info is correct either so dont quote me on it, but a lot of tournaments have to do with seeding and your bracket and whos consistent and whos not. we'll never truly know whos the best but for now we can just look at the facts to get a better idea

Top Bottom