• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG DC 2010 - October 15-17th - $7,000

Jem.

Smash Master
Sadly its a fairly new area plus a resort.......I mean look at the inside of the hotel

Not to mention it has various stores and resturants on the lower level.

Outside it looks like

Oh yeah there is a bar at the end of the harbor but its pricey.

The area itself is really nice, like a mini city.

Also 189/night is with like a $100 discount from the regular price lol
Those pictures are tight! I'm pumped

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Azen and Chillin are going?

Holy ****, we actually might have a hope and a prayer at least now

I vote all the old school players come out of hiding for this, Azen, Chillin Hova, G-reg, Plank, Lukky, Jayo, Forte, Okin, Thumbs, Kirbstir, Yoster, Turbo, DK Smash etc. and combine it with current top players Logic, Korn, June, Chu, Candy, Boss, Takeover, Coney, Omni, Meep, NEO, Lie, Speed, GIMR, Slik, and HAT. Plus up and comings like myself, Pink, EE, kenny, poyo, seagull and others and we'll have a shot. Also Sanoscy is likely to attend with Nilik.

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
Azen and Chillin are going?

Holy ****, we actually might have a hope and a prayer at least now

I vote all the old school players come out of hiding for this, Azen, Chillin Hova, G-reg, Plank, Lukky, Jayo, Forte, Okin, Thumbs, Kirbstir, Yoster, Turbo, DK Smash etc. and combine it with current top players Logic, Korn, June, Chu, Candy, Boss, Takeover, Coney, Omni, Meep, NEO, Lie, Speed, GIMR, and HAT. Plus up and comings like myself, Pink, EE, seagull and others and we'll have a shot. Also Sanoscy is likely to attend with Nilik.
Tant you sound like we have no hope as a region currently :dizzy:

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Real talk takeover:

When have he won anything relevant

But if we bring back the old school and combine it with the new school, it'd be like old times where we kick *** and everyone else tries to be as good as us

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
^^ LOL @ Noraa pic

@Tant How bout we forget the people in the past and not rely on our previous top players to get the job done in MD/VA. How bout we keep trying to step it up as a region with our current group to get the job done.
After all players do improve nobody gets instantly great.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
This, you can't just come back and do good without even being relevant for over a year
You guys seriously underestimate Azen/Chillin. Chillin took a long *** break in late 08-09, came back to a random tournament in like May/June 2009, won it, and hasn't entered since. That was after not entering a tournament for like 5 months.

Azen did the same exact thing in like July or August 2009.

These guys will bring it. Hard. They consistently did the same thing in Melee (more so Azen than Chillin, but still). Don't sleep on em.

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
Tant don't play to only beat me, play to get better in general than you will have a better chance @ beating anybody except for the people you lose to in tournament.
I hope this is not the logic most of MD/VA goes with.
Like for instance I've been losing to junebug lately, but I'm not training to beat him.
I'm training to get better to beat everybody else.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
You guys seriously underestimate Azen/Chillin. Chillin took a long *** break in late 08-09, came back to a random tournament in like May/June 2009, won it, and hasn't entered since. That was after not entering a tournament for like 5 months.

These guys will bring it. Hard. They consistently did the same thing in Melee (more so Azen than Chillin, but still). Don't sleep on em.
AZ, they're too young to understand. They're too young.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
This aint melee son
My friend, the quote below me expresses my thought process, you know they can do this.

^^^
AZ, they're too young to understand. They're too young.
Sliks not, he's just forgotten.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Azs facts are slightly skewed

Chillin entered one more and got 17th out of 50 losing to raft and hat, and then 4months later at chus and lost to gimr twice i think, then that was it

Lykeios

Smash Apprentice
Sadly its a fairly new area plus a resort.......I mean look at the inside of the hotel

Not to mention it has various stores and resturants on the lower level.

Outside it looks like

Oh yeah there is a bar at the end of the harbor but its pricey.

The area itself is really nice, like a mini city.

Also 189/night is with like a $100 discount from the regular price lol

I've been there, and it's freaking amaaaaaaaaaaaazing.

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
^^ Def gonna be an amazing experience!!!!!
Gonna be my first time there too, gonna try to bring some of my folks.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Like for instance I've been losing to junebug lately, but I'm not training to beat him.
I'm training to get better to beat everybody else.
My goal is never let a person beat me two tournaments in a row. In Ohio Infern beat me 6-0 in a grandfinals in December. Then I beat him in January and March. Blue Rogue beat me once in October, then twice in January. Since then I beat him in February and March.

When someone beats me, I make it a personal goal to rage on them the next time we play. I get angry.

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
My goal is never let a person beat me two tournaments in a row. In Ohio Infern beat me 6-0 in a grandfinals in December. Then I beat him in January and March. Blue Rogue beat me once in October, then twice in January. Since then I beat him in February and March.

When someone beats me, I make it a personal goal to rage on them the next time we play. I get angry.
Yea that's cool too but you also want to get better for everyone else.
Not just for one MU

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR

I remember 3 stocking Chillin last holloween. He quit again right after that:chuckle:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I was a late Melee player when Brawl hit the scene, but I remember all the amazing MLG Melee moments that involved both Azen and Chillin.

Everything that I've wanted to say has already been said but, lol you guys are stupid if you think it's a free match in the bracket. That's the last thing anybody should be doing. You're gonna look like a bunch of ***** if they beat you and place high. And if you beat them, woot to that too. Just don't underestimate them. Hell, don't underestimate ANYBODY. EVER.

Look at APEX 2. People were looking at RAIN to be the Japanese player to beat, and Brood took out both Mew2King and Ally in the same tourney. Japan as a whole did rather well. Even for a pro-am level player like me if I entered one of these things, if I were up against Azen or Chillin or something, I wouldn't be thinking, "Maybe I've got a chance. They haven't played in a while. I could probably take them out."

No. What I think of is this, "I've got a chance at this. I just need to give it my best shot. My best has to be better than their best."

Treat every opponent you meet with respect (unless it's the Cheese thing lol) and don't hold back. Unless sandbagging is a part of your method of figuring an opponent out at first. But anyway, end rant there, and hope that they place well.

Azen was always a fun player to watch.

Top Bottom