• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG Columbus R.O.B.s?

Silhouette

Smash Lord
The MLG thing is up there for me Bo.

ROB Updates:

I lost to Will (DK) First Round 1-2, I now know where NOT to let DK take me lol.

T0mmy defeated a good Wario (I forget his name) and ATHF (Diddy) rounds one and two, idk about round 3.

Chibo beat some peach round 2 and lost to Fizzle Boy (A dayton OH player, heh) round 3

Mr. Eric lost to a D3 player round 2, he had game one won and choked.

SneakyTako made 3rd round with an easy bracket, 3 stocked some Lucario with 53% round 2 (good s*** man), idk about round 3.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
The MLG thing is up there for me Bo.

ROB Updates:

I lost to Will (DK) First Round 1-2, I now know where NOT to let DK take me lol.

T0mmy defeated a good Wario (I forget his name) and ATHF (Diddy) rounds one and two, idk about round 3.

Chibo beat some peach round 2 and lost to Fizzle Boy (A dayton OH player, heh) round 3

Mr. Eric lost to a D3 player round 2, he had game one won and choked.

SneakyTako made 3rd round with an easy bracket, 3 stocked some Lucario with 53% round 2 (good s*** man), idk about round 3.
Chibo got knocked into loser's by Fizzle (D3/MK) rd 3.

t0mmy pulls off a clutch win 2-1 against a Falco rd 3

Tako loses rd 3 to Nick Riddle

Me... bleh. I did indeed choke, but I'll do me best tomorrow =]

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Bleh at playing a peach who I'm convincingly beating and she pulls out 2 stitch faces and a bomb. 2 of them kill me =[

I can't john too much, I had a beepin blast and am inspired to try to find some way to make it down to Raleigh so I can beep it up like planned.

Good beeps to t0mmy and Chibo for reppin us. hopefully we'll do better next time.

fun stuff guyz.

T0MMY

Smash Master
I had no idea how awesome you R.O.B. players were in person.
Makes me want to drop by Smashboards more often X^D

Sorry for my poor performance on saturday, I'll beat Dojo next time I play him ([^~]

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
There were more beepos, but these are the ones you might recognize from SWF!

(From left to right)
SneakyTako, ChiboSempai, Silhouette, Mister Eric, t0mmy

t0mmy taking care of our mascot lobeep

Silhouette

Smash Lord
go rob :)

wtf at sil losing to will
I had him lol, sadly I didn't know what stages DK liked and gave him YI game one and Picto game 3, DK loves those slanted edges. Game 2 I 2 stocked him on Halberd, then the judge yelled at me for getting coached in between my match when we were allowed to lolwtf?

but No Johns, Wills good.

Meeting everyone in person was too good, <3 you guys, I had a blast and I'm also now trying to find a way to MLG Raleigh.

T0MMY

Smash Master
That was dumb, coaching between matches was allowed. The refs should know the rules or not be refs.
And losses don't matter. Any one of us could lose to Will.
Congrats to Sil for his performance.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
ROB doesn't **** DK. I know I'm not the best ROB, but I've never beaten Ook in a tournament match, and I've faced him a lot. It's hard to camp DK when he can just super armor through all your projectiles with an invincible up B. Up close, DK wins, IMO. He's got the range, and more power than us.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
ban yoshis always. pictochat least gives you some room to run away. brinstar is hard. japes is hard. dk has really good cps so its hard to 2-0 him. but you want wide, open stages because then you can abuse dk's lack of mobility. just never fight match 1 on yoshis lol.

dk barely outranges ROB ie. the difference in our ranges isn't enough to matter...mainly because we've got disjoints and dk does not. also you edgeguard his recovery hard lol. though i do find it hard to get actual kills out of it, you generally get a ton of damage :3

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Bair/Nair>>DK's Up B.. DK still has a hard time approaching. If he does Up B you can also block; throw a gyro at him, Nair oos or grab him.

Afrayail

Smash Ace
Good stuff, ROBs. That picture is too good, except Sil doesn't look like a dragon!

What happened to that Supercon thing? People still gonna try for that, or is it all the next MLG?

BTW midwest is getting a little circuit together, y'all should look into it! <3

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
lol i think the very first advice i gave sil with the dk matchup was to never ever go to yoshis island

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I always ban Yoshi's first regardless. DK is actually pretty good on BF too, so I usually try to ban that too. He can abuse his invincibility frames really well on that stage. Japes is banned around here, so I don't have to worry about that anymore. I mean, I've beaten Ook before in friendlies, but he goes into super mode during tournaments, which you guys all kinda saw last weekend. :colorful:

He also kinda wrecks Dededes too, I think I've beaten him in 1-2 friendlies before with Dedede, I do better with ROB. XD

Edit: ^Too good Sil! XD

Spin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
spinpai
good **** to all the bro bots =] i'm trying to go to Columbus with my halo buddy cause he gets free hotels i want to meet you all!

Tin Man

Smash Hero
ban yoshis always. pictochat least gives you some room to run away. brinstar is hard. japes is hard. dk has really good cps so its hard to 2-0 him. but you want wide, open stages because then you can abuse dk's lack of mobility. just never fight match 1 on yoshis lol.

dk barely outranges ROB ie. the difference in our ranges isn't enough to matter...mainly because we've got disjoints and dk does not. also you edgeguard his recovery hard lol. though i do find it hard to get actual kills out of it, you generally get a ton of damage :3
lol i think the very first advice i gave sil with the dk matchup was to never ever go to yoshis island
I like Yoshi's Island vs DK =/. The gyro works against both characters (not being aple to pick it up), and the platform set's up so well for Usmash kills.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
lol what. invincible up b, can't go under, ghost platforms are nothing but a nuisance for us, platform helps him far more then us (like how often do you get usmashes lol come on now). its a terrible stage for us in the matchup

Sudai

Stuff here
As much as I love YI (Seriously, we can shoot our laser ANYWHERE!), this stage is horribad vs DK. I don't contribute much..but this is one thing that needs to be reinforced. lol

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yea the invincible upB thing is just ridiculous. you should never want to deal with DK when he has that at his disposal. He can also do it on pictochat, but at least stuff can get in the way of it and the stage is bigger so it's not as useful. DK's a one dimensional character anyway, once you learn his stuff you shouldn't lose lol.

that pic of us ROB's is pretty ballin

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Dude I am the scrubbiest ROB alive. No one has won less money than me lawl.

Btw ROB's up-B has invincibility frames? tee hee it does on the ground. (for like ONE frame)

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
mah controlluh be white/purple with white/purple cords! i only care bc it took foreva to do! lol

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Dude I am the scrubbiest ROB alive. No one has won less money than me lawl.

Btw ROB's up-B has invincibility frames? tee hee it does on the ground. (for like ONE frame)
How much money have you made? I've made a whole $14 so far, and that wasn't even vBrawl, it was Brawl-.

Sudai

Stuff here
It does. I never told anyone about it though cause like...what are you gonna do...Up-B OoS to avoid an attack and then...float up and get smacked because of start up frames? D:

I WISH that frame of invincibility was there in the air cause then we could avoid attacks that stay out for one frame? (lul)

stingers

Smash Obsessed
never knew that O.O. but yeah its pretty much useless sadly =/ spotdodging is superior if you're looking at dodging a single hit move that only lasts one frame lol

Top Bottom