• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG Championship: Dallas 2010 - November 5th-7th - $35,000 in prizes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
ive lost all passion for this game and from melee. My only goal was to win Dallas. The 3 biggest smash tournaments I never made money at. MLG 06 finals I got KoreanDJ early and got 4th, when top 3 got paid 10k 5k 3k. Evo 07 it paid top 8 with 1st getting 5k and I got 9th because I had to fight Mango early in a best of 1, no stage ban, random stage, got dreamland, and rested 3 times. Dallas was the biggest ever and I don't even get a shot at it

i will play at other tournaments

but it's only for money

and I have no motivation nor any desire to improve at all

ill prolly get a lot worse, but theres no reason to care with MLG gone and my dream shattered

other tournaments have payouts that are nothing compared to this, that's why I dont care

yes, it's about money. Money I don't use, but feel I'm supposed to get

the care for pride is gone

i no longer get joy out of this game

i just wanted to reach my goal, and that can never be a reality now

i dont care about pound/apex/genesis

ive changed a lot for the worse

but seeing as how everyone else in the world is (John from Activegamers and manny/Todd from winterfest never paying up, Jem/AlexStrife posting private convos, Ally publicly saying in bbr what happened between me and adhd, chibo/cheese... self explanatory everything they do) even more evil, there is no reason to care

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
so out of 100+ tournaments you've never made money at 3 tournaments

get over it dude

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Nah I feel M2k. If Smash is that big for you, it's obvious not being able to compete is terrible. I just hope you get your chance to compete, if not, do what you enjoy most.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
hey omni when a tournament is 5 times the size of other tournaments, and you get ****ed out of all 3 esp recent ones, when that is your JOB, how would you feel?

knowing that everything after dallas is SIGNIFICANTLY downhill makes me want to not care anymore. There is no desire to improve now

and I do think most people are evil now

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
hey omni when a tournament is 5 times the size of other tournaments, and you get ****ed out of all 3 esp recent ones, when that is your JOB, how would you feel?

knowing that everything after dallas is SIGNIFICANTLY downhill makes me want to not care anymore. There is no desire to improve now

Omni

BRoomer

you didn't get ****ed out of MLG Dallas. are you suggesting that it was MLG's fault that you aren't competing? man up to your own actions, jason. if it's a job then you should be treating it as such.

if smash is your job then money is your objective and thus your desire shouldn't fade since more money is at your hand in the future. what im saying is get over it. you missed an opportunity. move on to the rest

and most people are evil. but the fact that you're very naive plays a huge part to it as well

you'll survive, dude. you'd be doing fine if MLG didn't pick up Brawl so you'll be doing fine once MLG is over unless what you're saying is that you want more and what you're getting at the moment isn't enough

in which case i'd have to say stop being selfish and work with what you got which is a ****ing lot

M@v

Subarashii!
^ Yeah. I don't mean to sound like a **** M2k, but this pretty much your own fault.

:3

If people ratted you out or w/e,(I dont know the whole story), NONE of it would of happened if you didnt do the action to begin with.

Jem.

Smash Master
Man Jason, don't bring me back into it. Your thread got 23,000 views and 500+ replies, you wouldn't have made that without my encouragement. I have no reason to purposely try and get you DQ'd, I'm not going to Dallas and I wouldn't place anyways. Just don't bring me back into the situation.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Its annoying to hear him post about bhim not making money at those tournies many years ago like he never made money at the past 100 tournies he won which includes nationals and MLGs.

He might have gotten unlucky a time or 2, but smash wise he's had it the best with no contest the past 2 years.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Jem all I'm mad about is I told you stuff on aim, then I said don't post this to anyone, then you did the opposite right away. How am i possibly supposed to not get mad at that?

the only reason i had it the best is because I do it all the time and go to more tourneys than anyone

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
It's not about who wins, he would've probably lost at Dallas to ADHD or something.

It's the fact that he was guaranteed a decent bit of cash, I would be quite butthurt myself but I probably wouldn't place top 25 at an MLG lol.

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
Nah omni your completely wrong. The past has NOTHING to do with this. If I was m2k I would be even madder. If you had literally the absolute best shot out of any person in the world to make 12k and it's gone bc ppl spread **** around bc they got nothing else better to do, especially by ppl tha supposively was his friends, I GARENTEE you you would be just as pissed, if not worse. What you wrote is a load of crap. Don't try to talk down to him until you have been in that situation and actually knows what it feels like.

Albert.

Smash Master
Nah omni your completely wrong. The past has NOTHING to do with this. If I was m2k I would be even madder. If you had literally the absolute best shot out of any person in the world to make 12k and it's gone bc ppl spread **** around bc they got nothing else better to do, especially by ppl tha supposively was his friends, I GARENTEE you you would be just as pissed, if not worse. What you wrote is a load of crap. Don't try to talk down to him until you have been in that situation and actually knows what it feels like.
This, x1000

Inui

Banned via Warnings
qft x infinity

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
If M2K/ADHD just kept his **** mouth shut, he'd have a chance at this.
Learn from your mistakes, gentlemen. That's all you can do now, unless MLG has a sudden change of heart.

Omni

BRoomer
I don't need to be in Jasons shoes to know that he needs to get over it.

Life ain't fair
**** happens
crying don't fix anything
live and you learn

i know Jason well. he's still a kid. and he'll stay a kid if people keep sympathizing with him.

I've had enough friends and family **** me over in regards to money. Can you say $15000+ credit card debt on my name that wasn't my fault? i can probably relate the most to Jason in regards to sheer intensity

son

Omni

BRoomer
no, he's not just a kid, but he's very childish and it's because people around him treat him like so.

inui, you of all people should know it.

but lets not turn this into a jason grow-up session. i think we can all agree that what happened happened and it's time to move on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom