• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG 2007 Smash Series: Long Island, NY May 5-6th (Check MLGpro for event recaps)

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Nothing compares to actually playing in tourny >.> You are kinda mooching from us to just come out and not participate.

Valikor

Smash Rookie
Spectators would just make it more exciting! And it would be sick that they're showing their support if they couldn't enter for whatever reason.

Anyhoo, I'm definatly coming... But should I bring my cube?

D1

Banned via Administration
Wow I'm in dire need of housing or I'm gonna need to cancel going to this any takers?

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
It's 20 dollars. Not a huge amount >.>

Sorry if I sounded like I was trying to be a ****, it just sucks when people are there but not participating in the tourny. I like seeing everyone play :laugh:

Cort

Apple Head
I ordered my singles pass. Teaming with Hayatooooo :O

If someone wants to come just to play friendlies and watch and not enter either tournament is that fine? Or do they have to pay any kind of venue fee?

Husband

Smash Lord
They are using the Venue so they should pay the venue fee. Now if they came just to watch and NOT Play, then I can see them not having to pay. But that is just my personal opinion

jv3x3

Smash Champion
Check-in will work like this.. I will have a big list of the names of everyone that registered and we will just check you in via mlgpro.com names.

Ummm... to transfer passes you can just do it at check in. However, if the person who bought the passes isnt coming to the tournament they need to email me with their mlgpro account name and the name of the person they want to transfer the pass to. jversical@mlgpro.com (btw ace marth i got an email from Ronald so your all set)

Hopefully everyone gets housing but if not just get a hotel room at the marriott (link first page) and split with as many people as possible. Especially if you only need it saturday night it wont be much at all.

Link226, if you want to come and just watch thats fine. I would never tell anyones friends and family they couldnt come along to watch/support. But if you dont play in the tournament you wont be allowed to play friendlys unless you pay a venue fee ($10) or bring a setup (and by setup i mean 19 inch or larger tv, cube, and smash). Its just not fair to the people who are contributing to the tourney in some way othewise.

Husband

Smash Lord
Thats what Im talking about JV.

Once again, can Team Ben get some housing?? There will be 3-4 of us that need it for Friday and Saturday night. Plz let me know

Link226

Smash Ace
Check-in will work like this.. I will have a big list of the names of everyone that registered and we will just check you in via mlgpro.com names.

Ummm... to transfer passes you can just do it at check in. However, if the person who bought the passes isnt coming to the tournament they need to email me with their mlgpro account name and the name of the person they want to transfer the pass to. jversical@mlgpro.com (btw ace marth i got an email from Ronald so your all set)

Hopefully everyone gets housing but if not just get a hotel room at the marriott (link first page) and split with as many people as possible. Especially if you only need it saturday night it wont be much at all.

Link226, if you want to come and just watch thats fine. I would never tell anyones friends and family they couldnt come along to watch/support. But if you dont play in the tournament you wont be allowed to play friendlys unless you pay a venue fee ($10) or bring a setup (and by setup i mean 19 inch or larger tv, cube, and smash). Its just not fair to the people who are contributing to the tourney in some way othewise.
Cool, i completely understand that i gotta pay. You own JV. So most likely i will be going to this. Its just so far!!!

~rh

Smash Lord

Check-in? You mean hotels or the tourney? If you're talking about the tourney, when will you get the list of names for check-in? Is there like a purchasing time limit? Cause it's still up in the air if I'm going or not due to my dad's buisiness matters up there, as I'm in Maryland for school.

Sorry for the shffl load of questions. :ohwell:

AlexanderTriad

Smash Ace
It's 20 dollars. Not a huge amount >.>

Sorry if I sounded like I was trying to be a ****, it just sucks when people are there but not participating in the tourny. I like seeing everyone play :laugh:
You almost always seem like **** assuming that **** you got in astarix. But, you'll get to see me play. What fun :chuckle:

-AxlT

xHayatox

Smash Lord
kids goot i register tomorow hopefully i aint get rejected :D i got my cpu partner ready to rumbo...

get ready to face the almighty hayatuar! cortuar and christuar deejaytuar :D kids goot planktuar is too goood! i think i teaming with trailuar if he needs a partner! woot woot!

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
ok so rei its going to me be+umbc ss+ vist, and maybe 1-2 more staying at the college

that cool?

D1

Banned via Administration
What time should I come to the college Rei? Cuz I dunno if I should ride the LIRR late at night after the KF Biweekly.

How late does LIRR run?

What day should I come rather?

And what stop to get off?

jv3x3

Smash Champion
As for the check-in thing you basically just register online via mlgpro.com come to the tournament during the scheduled times and we have a master list of the names that registered and check you in.

Anyway im in NYC at mlgs offices... after this i wont be on the net much to answer questions. There are still passes left register now! It will close Friday (tomorrow). If anyone has any questions just do your best to read through the first post and figure it out. If still have a question ill try to get to it when i can.

See everyone in a couple days!!!

D1 get off at the farmingdale stop. Check the web-site in the first post for their schedule

Pat/Pro

Smash Ace
Does anyone know how close this is to the LIRR line. Cause I gotta head out sunday night to get back from work on monday and I need to get to penn station but I dont have a car?

Vist

Smash Champion
hmm, looks like i'm in need of a partner once again

I might have to just stick to singles b/c there's only one day left to register now, but if anyone is looking send me a pm.

Darkest

Smash Apprentice
So when we check in on sat we just give the name that was logged in at mlgro.com? o.O

Or do we give our RL name?

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
we were gonna be staying at the college with rei but i cant get a hold of him right now. dont know his info.

anybody else anywhere near willing to house 3 stranded MD smashers? =(

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
maybe everyone who doesnt have housing needs to just find a cheap hotel and rent it out -.-

Pat/Pro

Smash Ace
It said in the topic that we would be able to see the pools on mlgpro a couple days before the tourney started. I wanted to see whos in line for pwnage but they never showed. Probably because of late registrations.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
if anyone can help us call us at 301 788 8085

we are heading to ny with no place to stay and very little money

we dont take up a lot of space

im jon

please =(

trogita

Smash Apprentice
I know this is really last minute, but I am a peach player looking for a partner, if anyone is interested in teaming for doubles, PM me or preferably contact me on AIM, AIM = Trogita. I am looking to split cost of teams pass. Please quick response, time is running out, :O.

gkrackerr

Smash Ace
i am sorry if this has aleardy been asked, but it is late, and i admit that i am too tired to read through the pages.

Heres my question: If I do not wish to participate in the event, simply just watch, and possible play a few rounds when it goes to that time of the day, do i have to purchase a pass, or is that only required if i want to participate in the tournament itself

trogita

Smash Apprentice
I guess there is no way I could acqurie a singles pass now?

38 minutes too late, ouch. Any one want to sell theirs, or can't go or something? I guess I'm asking for a miracle.

But, there is going to be no chance of at the door registration, right?

Top Bottom