• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MKGD: A new Bat watches over the town

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
After not-much thought, since people in Texas are so pro-*****, I think I'm gonna really work on my MK and attempt to cause as much salt as I can while I still can.

P4/Sync, teach me!

Tesh

Smash Hero
Well I've never run into someone in singles where I thought MK would help.

@ ReiGun, you should just work on expert nado control. Honestly no one is gonna get salty if you like....space dtilts and fair and stuff. Just get REALLY good at nadoing properly and getting away with it. Scrooge (unity has no scrooging rule), timeout on RC, camp on frigate for gimps, shark on delfino all day. Thats pretty much all I'm gonna use MK for. Capitalizing on stage transformations basically.

Reizilla

Hmm, that's a good way to put it, Tesh. Frak, I'm too aggressive. Timing out every game is my new plan.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Its not about timing out. I've made that mistake before and missed out on chances to exploit someone recklessly chasing me. Thats what seperates M2K from those MKs you see getting stagespiked by Sonic, or stagespiked by Diddy. You just need to keep yourself as safe as possible, for as long as possible and capitalize when people overextend themselves to get hits in.

Also keep in mind that you can camp even if you don't have the lead. Alot of people will camp YOU if they get the lead. If its a small lead just be patient. This gives you ALOT of time where your opponent won't even be aggressive. Let them stall out most of the match and take the lead back when you have a small enough time left to maximize your camp.

Learn all the tricks of the trade, it helps alot. If you get sent flying off the stage high, you can use the height to glide against the bottoms of stages like SV or BF and take a good chunk off of the clock on one ledge grab. When planking, reverse shuttle loop cancels can help conserve ledge grabs and toy with an opponent that "isn't gonna play your game".

On a final note, keep track of your opponents shield and know that sometimes, even if you get punished for tornadoing, it doesn't mean you shouldn't do it again. Often at low percents, I'll do a full nado on someone's shield, retreat and get punished, but I just did like 60-70% shield damage, I can nado again and put them in the air.

This post needs a splash of red. So don't forget that even if all hope seems lost, you can still play like a douche and fatigue them up for game 2 and 3. They might even crack on that same game if they get overzealous, I've been reverse 3 stocked by MK enough times to know.
[collapse=and purple]
[/collapse]

Reizilla

But if I timed them out and still won, they'd be even saltier :]

Tesh

Smash Hero
But, you also want them to feel stupid. It amplified the salt. The actual timeout salt is nice, but if you have a chance to win it earlier easily, you should take it.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605

Tesh

Smash Hero
PJ, thats cuz I suck and I never get the lead.

You have to win some exchanges first before you can unleash the gay.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
So we have this recently created Latinamerican forum...

Apparently, Colombia already banned MK for whining hard. They confessed to fear MK having the same dominance than on the US.

Also, Chile seems to want to ban it, having no real reason for that.

Nike.

Smash Hero
I don't get it.
No matter where I lurk on this site, Tesh's rainbow text and PJ's trash talking are always there.

Hi P4/Rei.
You guys better be at Nikefest <3

Sync.

Smash Champion
I'm going to Nikefest Nike!

Also, fuuuuuuuuck Peach. My MK is A MILLION times better. I'm with Rei, I'll make everyone salty before they ban him (but I'll still training my princess in secret of course). Rei, I'll teach you all I know <3

Player-4

See you in 25 years
I'm going to Nikefest Nike!

Also, fuuuuuuuuck Peach. My MK is A MILLION times better. I'm with Rei, I'll make everyone salty before they ban him (but I'll still training my princess in secret of course). Rei, I'll teach you all I know <3
LOOOOOOL I knew you wouldn't last <3

M@v

Subarashii!
People are forgetting how so many people have a "pocket" mk.

A.k.a whenever they lose they immediate run to mk and go brinstar or rainbow, then stay mk game 3.

Braxton2011

Smash Ace
NNID
Braxtonian8
3DS FC
4167-4550-9020
Guys, just stop playing gay around this time of the year every year so people will shut the hell up about banning you guys.

MK is a character just like everyone else, I wish people would just man up and play harder and smarter.

Top Bottom