• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MK-for what price would you make the switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cj.Shark

Smash Ace
Now imagine this. Your in a tourney and your in the grandfinals. Your opponent is using (x) and you are going to use your main. Your main has an even matchup with (x). however you can also switch to MK and get a huge advantage over (x). you also know that if you pick metaknight you will win the tournement. If you pick your main(who is not meta) then you will prolly have a 50-50 chance of winning
now i ask you a simple question
For how much money would you make the switch to meta?
10$? 20$? 50$? 100$? 1000 $?
Give me your honest to god answer.
And if you would not switch mains for the above? then what amount would you make the switch?

And what if your opponent instead of character X instead was metaknight? would you feel guilty then?

Btw: This is a SERIOUS THREAD if you are just another character-fanboy or dont even know anything about the tourneyscene or metaknight then go back to the general brawl forums.

as for me I would prolly switch for around 50$. thats right 50dollars> what people think of me on the internet

cj.Shark

Smash Ace
yeah.. mk mains are just gonna get ignored so..
unless of course u mained someone else and switched to meta so you can win money which alot of people have done but looking at you i dont think so so meh.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
If my opponent was character "x", and I had a 50/50 chance, I would switch to MetaKnight for $50.

If my opponent was MetaKnight instead of character "x", I would switch for $10. I wouldn't feel guilty.

Tamoo

Smash Master
If it would actually improve my chances, mayb for the smaller amounts of money, but i suck as mk nyway. Just dont think i have the heart to do it for the larger sums, but if they choose mk, ill have no problem.

DraKmoN001

Smash Apprentice
1. How the heck is this subject covered by the tactical board?
2. I would not switch for any amount.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've already switched to MK in counterpicks when I knew my main was out of luck.

I'm 50-50 on my MK switches.

indianunit

Smash Journeyman
Now imagine this. Your in a tourney and your in the grandfinals. Your opponent is using (x) and you are going to use your main. Your main has an even matchup with (x). however you can also switch to MK and get a huge advantage over (x). you also know that if you pick metaknight you will win the tournement. If you pick your main(who is not meta) then you will prolly have a 50-50 chance of winning
now i ask you a simple question
The bolded part should be edited imo. First off not all metaknight mains will win every tournament even if they do have a huge advantage. If I knew I was going to win with metaknight (like 100% sure) then why wouldn't i pick him even if i only won 10$?

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
Call me a theorycrafter, but I would never switch: It isn't that I wouldn't want the money or that I am incredibly pfull of pride in my character, but it's just that if I didn't win, the other guy would, and the money would be going to someone, ya'know? Also, I'd like to put up my Lucario vs. his MK and see the winner, 'cause MK vs. MK=not fun.

cj.Shark

Smash Ace
The bolded part should be edited imo. First off not all metaknight mains will win every tournament even if they do have a huge advantage. If I knew I was going to win with metaknight (like 100% sure) then why wouldn't i pick him even if i only won 10$?
because some people feel that picking MK hurts their rep or that they are betraying their character. many like this guy would not do it for any money at all. not that i believe him

2. I would not switch for any amount.
serious? money is a pretty powerful motivator.

.AC.

Smash Lord
picking MK doesnt make you better at the game.although it may increase your chances by a certain percent if you dont know how to use him at least decently then there is no point in switching.thats why he is my secondary and everybody else's.:)

K-lub

Smash Cadet
i don't think i would switch to meta no matter how much money, i love link too much..plus i suck with metaknight. lol how is that possible?

Binx

Smash Master
For a guaranteed win I would switch to Metaknight for a nickel, in fact I would be dumb to main anyone but metaknight, which is why I don't play the game often.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
This is when I started to not like this thread.

if you knew you would win
like reputation or greed?
Now you seem to make it sound like all MK mains are just greedy *******s. They're just smart. If Meta Knight has an advantage or the most advantages over the other characters, then isn't it just the logical thing to do is to pick MK? It's not that they're greedy, it's just that they're smart. If someone KNOWS they are legitamitely better than another player, but they're losing to that guys MK because you main ROB, wouldn't you be sick of walking away from tournaments with nothing? Just because he was MK and you were ROB? It's not greed, it's just doing what you have to do to win. It's playing smart, and it dissapoints me that this is frowned upon by some people, thus ruining their reputation because "Oh, he only won because he used MK" as opposed to "Wow, he won with PT! He's really good!"

SwastikaPyle

Smash Ace
I agree, Camalange. Being greedy IS smart.

Reputation don't put bread on the table.

Unless you're Nelson Mandela.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I would stick with Snake or IC's (my two tourney characters, I main Random. Until theres money on the line and I don't want that 1/39 chance of being Falcon vs MK -.-)

I'm good with Meta, but like most people, I'm better with my main then Meta.

Plus if I did lose, 99% chance it's just the fact they are a better player then I am.

I'm not the best, I will probably never be the best, but I still try to be the best (In CA)

cj.Shark

Smash Ace

Now you seem to make it sound like all MK mains are just greedy *******s. They're just smart. If Meta Knight has an advantage or the most advantages over the other characters, then isn't it just the logical thing to do is to pick MK? It's not that they're greedy, it's just that they're smart. If someone KNOWS they are legitamitely better than another player, but they're losing to that guys MK because you main ROB, wouldn't you be sick of walking away from tournaments with nothing? Just because he was MK and you were ROB? It's not greed, it's just doing what you have to do to win. It's playing smart, and it dissapoints me that this is frowned upon by some people, thus ruining their reputation because "Oh, he only won because he used MK" as opposed to "Wow, he won with PT! He's really good!"
way to put words in my mouth.
i never said that Mk mainers are greedy. and i never implied that switching to Mk should be frowned upon.
and finally as for my personal opinion a pokemon trainer winning is much more intresting because him winning is not the norm. people say "oh he won because he used MK" is because often times the best players dont win. often times a character and fraction of the other persons is all that is needed. but anyway this is not a mk ban debate.

M15t3R E

Smash Master

Thing is, if everyone was that smart, every single tournament match nationwide would be nothing but MK dittos. Every other character is just not necessary. That doesn't sound too fun to me.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I wouldn't switch, odds are if they could get to the grand finals without meta knight then they are more then able to fight good meta knights so using my so called 2nd wouldn't be a good idea.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Honestly, I wouldn't even need to make a switch at all, not for any amount of money at all, because all I need is Bowser.

But yes, being greedy is smart, as MK has an advantage mostly over any character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom