• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MK banned Tournaments

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
Future FL Tournaments

So.....I'm thinking of hosting tournaments where mk is always banned no RC or Brinstar, I was also thinking of hosting mid-tier tournaments. And crew battles (random players & teams crews)

Any thoughts??????

Time to drop the namesearch bomb: Dtorr 2DJeff, GDX, Trump, MVD, Gallax, Dfear, Nick Riddle, Radix, Mink, Razek, Fearless, Seibrik, Halberd, Mampam, Ryo, Xdeath, DJ Jack, Chaz, Kyon, Xaltis, Ryder, ipresea, CJ,

For giggles:

Ally, M2K, ADHD, Gnes, Ultimate Razer(I went in on him), Anti & Atomsk =D

:phone:

DFEAR

Smash Hero
why cant we ALL just play on fd/bf/sv forever...like srsly cmon

gallax

Smash Hero
Im down to use the stage list used by Europe. I really like only having Sville, Bf, and yoshis(i like dis stage better than FD. FD is arguably one of the best CP)

OverLade

Smash Hero
Only if MK is legal. If MK is banned then imo Rainbowcruise and Brinstar balance the metagame a lot more than they hurt it. Snake/Diddy/Falco/ICs/Olimar are all **** on neutrals, but characters like GW/Wario/Marth/DK/Lucario/Ike all gain advantages from the additional stages.

Look at japan, it's dominated by Ice climbers and Olimar players, with MK, Snake and Falco coming afterwards. More CP stages balances out the Metagame as long as there's no MK.

Exdeath

Smash Master
Only if MK is legal. If MK is banned then imo Rainbowcruise and Brinstar balance the metagame a lot more than they hurt it. Snake/Diddy/Falco/ICs/Olimar are all **** on neutrals, but characters like GW/Wario/Marth/DK/Lucario/Ike all gain advantages from the additional stages.

Look at japan, it's dominated by Ice climbers and Olimar players, with MK, Snake and Falco coming afterwards. More CP stages balances out the Metagame as long as there's no MK.
Japan uses U.S. rulesets as well. It's fascinating to see how the results change.

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
As I'm sure most of you have seen, they've set up the MK Ban Poll already. Personally, I don't care if the character really gets banned or not, it's mostly his CPs (Brinstar, Rainbow Cruise, Frigate, etc.) that really bother me.

I voted yes anyway. LOL.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Don't you think Snake'd kinda dominate? That's not necessarily a bad thing, but I can see him being the next character john in place of MK.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Every character at loses at least 1 MU besides MK. It then becomes CP games, which is better than "Lol I hope you can beat my MK"

****, Diddy is much better than Snake without MK. Diddy has a lot of trouble with random mid tiers, while Snake pretty much loses to top tiers that contend with MK. Snake would be about as effective as he is now, while Diddy will become less efficient. Marth would be the new super power I think, as would ICs.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
diddy "potentially" loses to mid tiers, but this can easily be fixed with teaching the mid-tier user why his character is mid tier with good old fashion diddy tactics.

DellSmashman

Smash Cadet
By "Super power" you mean top prime? I think Diddy would be #1 without MK, despite the fact of his difficulty against certain mid tiers. I actually think Marth would be better than Snake without MK.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Honestly, I think Marth would rise to #1 without MK. Sans MK he's got one of the best match-up spreads in the game. He's more than a contender.

OverLade

Smash Hero
ICs have a better matchup spread than Marth without MK banned. And having a lot of close/slight wins isn't necessarily better than having mostly winning matchups and a few counters/hard counters (Falco/Snake).

Exdeath

Smash Master
ICs have a better matchup spread than Marth without MK banned. And having a lot of close/slight wins isn't necessarily better than having mostly winning matchups and a few counters/hard counters (Falco/Snake).
Are you saying that Diddy has a hard counter?

Top Bottom