• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mississippi Thread - MSU Monthlies!

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489
i have heard nothing about it; but i don't live around meridian either. Give me some info and i might be able to attend; i can trust an hour drive. though if it's just brawl i probably wont come since i dont' play brawl *havent played brawl since the one brawl tourney i entered at MSU like 3 years ago?* and even then i hadn't plyaed in probably a year or so.
Oh, I was asking about a tournament in the area, lol.

Super4ng

Smash Journeyman
Hey I am new to this website but I would like to get my smash on. I live in Hattiesburg now, with my fiancé. I don't have my own car yet but I can find ways to get around. I will definitely check this thread again soon.

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
This thread will only make you sad unfortunately. MS scene is pretty weak. If you can ever make it out to Mobile we have Monthlies though. gl.

Super4ng

Smash Journeyman
Mobile, AL right?
Can I get some details on that? I would have thought that there would be a couple of smashers with MSU right here.

Last edited:

AJC468

Smash Rookie
Any players in Jackson, MS, or nearby areas? I've been playing Smash off and on since 64, and while I've never become anything special at any of the games, I'm not terrible and would enjoy the chance to play with and meet other people. 64, Melee, Brawl, Project M--all are fine. It's nice even seeing a Mississippi thread on this forum, even if the scene could stand to be a bit more lively from the looks of it. Any candidates? I'm not concerned about the tournament scene at this point (the idea IS interesting, though!), just a chance to play friendlies with someone halfway decent and (hopefully) better than me. Excite!

youtwo

Smash Rookie
NNID
Youtwo12
3DS FC
0559-6766-5283
Switch FC
2400-3262-8154
Hey guys, a bunch of us are coming down to the first Mississippi State VGC Meeting in Starkville, MS to play some Smash! We will have a CRT at least and then my own HDTV to play some matches on. The famous Bryan Scribner, or Mewtwerking as most of you know him as from the hit The Smash Pros will also be in attendance tomorrow. If anyone would like to come, we will be holding weekly meetings starting tomorrow. If anyone could bring a setup of any kind, whether it be a tv, gamecube, or a game it would be appreciated. We are also planning on hosting tournaments in the future so like the group on Facebook and look at for posts about it. Anyone is welcome, you don't have to be a MSU student. Thanks guys.

Super4ng

Smash Journeyman
Any players in Jackson, MS, or nearby areas? I've been playing Smash off and on since 64, and while I've never become anything special at any of the games, I'm not terrible and would enjoy the chance to play with and meet other people. 64, Melee, Brawl, Project M--all are fine. It's nice even seeing a Mississippi thread on this forum, even if the scene could stand to be a bit more lively from the looks of it. Any candidates? I'm not concerned about the tournament scene at this point (the idea IS interesting, though!), just a chance to play friendlies with someone halfway decent and (hopefully) better than me. Excite!
I am down for some friendlies and I live in Hattiesburg. The only problem is that space is tight. Wouldn't be able to hold it at where I live.

Murphidious

Smash Rookie
YO! I live in Hattiesburg and need people to practice with. If you live in Hattiesburg shoot me a PM so we can play. PLEASE

(Project M and Melee BTW)

youtwo

Smash Rookie
NNID
Youtwo12
3DS FC
0559-6766-5283
Switch FC
2400-3262-8154
There will be a Smash Bros. Melee tournament at Mississippi State (Starkville, MS) on Friday, October 31st. We will be meeting at Butler 100 at 7pm and it will last until whenever it finishes. It's just a $5 entry fee. Bring setups/CRT's if you can. If you have any questions please feel free to post them in the MSU VGC Facebook page or just message me. I hope to see a decent crowd there!

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
Why is the Smash scene so dry in Mississippi around Gulfport/Biloxi?

Roboturner

Smash Journeyman
Why is the Smash scene so dry in Mississippi around Gulfport/Biloxi?
I live in Pascagoula, there's at least 3 people who play melee/PM semi regularly. I went to a Gamestop tourney (lol) back in January in Biloxi and there were at least 2 people who even knew how to play the game. I've thought about starting to host tournaments just to get a scene going, to hopefully be a halfway point for LA/AL/FL players to all meet up.

Cursed Yoma

Smash Journeyman
we need more stuff happening in this state; come on people let's work something out..

all you AL/Fl/Tn people need to meet here and host something?

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
The only people who can start a scene for you is you. If it wasn't for about four dedicated TOs Alabama would be just as dried up as ms.

Cursed Yoma

Smash Journeyman
so i'm tryin to talk my buddy into making atrip like once a month next year to make some of these if they'll still be going on.
i'd have to save a good bit of money for the ride but shouldnt be too bad

Roboturner

Smash Journeyman

mexicanmax227

Smash Apprentice
Im from Clinton Mississippi and intrested in playing melee with people. Ive got a strong understanding of all characters and can play as top tiers if anyone needs match up practice. Im looking to get better and would like to play players better than me so if we play and you **** me ill defenitly wanna practice with u more if ur in the area. Again im kinda intrested in melee only and was wondering if anyones in the area.

Footzeez

Smash Rookie
NNID
Footzeez
3DS FC
3695-0535-5540
Im from Clinton Mississippi and intrested in playing melee with people. Ive got a strong understanding of all characters and can play as top tiers if anyone needs match up practice. Im looking to get better and would like to play players better than me so if we play and you **** me ill defenitly wanna practice with u more if ur in the area. Again im kinda intrested in melee only and was wondering if anyones in the area.
Wassup max was wondering do you possibly go to MC if so we could possibly meet up and play sometime because I have been trying to practice some melee because It has been sometime since I have played due to my copy gone missing?

mexicanmax227

Smash Apprentice
I go to hinds CC in raymond but live in clinton. Im supposed to be going a tournament in 2-3 weeks in Starkville with somefriends at MSU. Im down to practice if u are dude. Let me know if ur intrested. How experienced are you? Ive only been to one tournament a lonooooooooooooong time ago and have pretty much been practicing since then.

Shiro_lod

Smash Cadet
Normally I would love to go, but I'm bowling in the area's bowling tournaments at 2:30-4:30.. in Diamondhead. Then I'm committed to going to the Saturday Night Smash in Bay St. Louis at 10:30.. :x bad timing I guess.

Saltix

Smash Lord
Going to be in Biloxi from the 18th-21st of May, any events going on during those days?

Top Bottom