• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
Your opponents let you get away with strings I could only dream of vs some other people ; ;

NAir to Fair? I get Nair'd by my opponent between that.

That said your Down Air usage is pretty nice.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Long time no visit guys. I've still put up playing as Palu now and then and been getting bit more good as her. I still wish I could use Super Speed or other customs in online though

But my goodness, Palutena looks simply stunning in U! I'm making the most happiest and squeeing noises at the moment.

I wouldn't be once again be more happier to have her in the fray. Look at that sky-high divinition face.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Gotta love some HD Palutena, and how adorable her expressions are. Happy, cheerful, happy again, surprised, facepalm attempt or trying to hide her face, not amused, not amused again, and a bit stylish. She's so adorable, I'd feel like giving her a hug, but enough of me and my crazy mind. I can't wait to get the Wii U version soon, and enjoy taking snapshots, and think of what my Palutena will be like in HD. My only problem would be trying to upload snapshots since I know I'm lacking equipment.

Seriously, those "happy" and "not amused" expressions... The latter is gonna become a thing.

Seriously, this is hilarious.

Wonder if I should have Palutena dittos on the 3ds today. *thinks*

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I remember how people would constantly say how she looked "lifeless" and "bored" back when she was revealed. Boy, has the tables turned. I knew we should have given the development team their time to brush her up like all the other characters in U.

Last edited:

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
Hey guys, I don't know if you guys know about this or not, but apparently someone got a glitchy copy of Smash Wii U. Here's what Pit, and Palutena look like.........kinda creepy yet funny at the same time. View with caution....

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well, I've seen em in worse situations, I think, but it's still creepy, especially on my favorite characters. :(

Burigu

Smash Ace
What are you talking about the Wii U version isn't out yet! no I am not in denial Sakurai told me the WiiU would be released when I had the money in early 2017! And Sakurai don't lie to people!

(If this isn't obvious enough I am kidding) enjoy the Wii U version people I will be playing 3ds version as a consolation for the next months

Tailisu10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TailisuTheTen
3DS FC
3566-1548-8575
In these pics, you can clearly see that Tomorrow is Hers.

HNI_0064.JPG
HNI_0095.JPG

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
And pretty Palutena pics like those just make her better. I so can't wait to make some snapshots once I get the game and settle in first. I still hope a Palutena party happens sometime.

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
The more I play the more I feel like Jab into Smash doesn't work as well on the Wii U. Is the timing off or have other people experienced the same thing? It was one of my main ways to close out stocks but it doesn't seem to work on Wii U.

Feeling conflicted right now on my Palutena play in general. Played some sets against Rookie last night (one of the best Fox players in Brawl, also an incredibly good Diddy player) and my results vs him are ones I've come across a lot against top players: I can't close out stocks.

When I ask for advice, everyone (except NinjaLink) seems to just say "Character has no damage and either she's too straight forward or you are. You just do the same things over and over again. After a while, there's nothing to be afraid of. When I'm not afraid of any of a character's options or tools, I won't respect you and that's why you're getting beat."

Switching to Zero Suit Samus yields much higher results and many more wins because people respect the character, her options, and her various ways to close out stocks (Paralyzer, Down Smash, Throws, Down B, Aerials all lead to kill confirms). I have very little practice at all with her but I can pick her and start winning sets against these same people. Why can't I do that with Palutena?

I was so close to putting Palutena down last night after talking to Dabuz. He agrees with most of what I'm saying (and has been said). The only reason I didn't is D1 tweeted at me saying it can work. He started rattling off lists of options that I may not have considered. The problem is I'm very much a visual learner or I require feedback in real time to learn it (as in I have to talk through options with people). Going to try to go through a lot of it today with NinjaLink and hope I can find some fresh material and mixups that help me combat my problems.

Palutena almost eliminated Tyrant (a top player) in Grand Finals of a tournament according to D1. He's encouraging me to stay strong and keep trying cause it will pay off (ala Jiggs from Melee).

Just not really sure what to believe. Came for some advice & to vent.

Last edited:

Hon Si Zi

Smash Rookie
I've been having issues, too. I don't know what I'll be saying to you that you already know with no video of you playing, but here are some things you can definitely leverage.

Rolling for movement is good for her if you don't overdo it.
UpB is a great almost free way to get out of a bad situation.
Short hop fair all day every day.
Bair has a decent amount of invincibility to it, so try to leverage that.
Don't forget DownB. Counters can be very punishable, but they're great if your opponent is doing very predictable pressure.
Try to find frames for her, some things, albeit not things that high level people will use frequently, can be punished on sheild with a forward smash.

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
The people I play with punish you if you roll more than one or twice in a match. Just not a good option.
I'm not trying to get out of Bad situations. I'm trying to create bad situations for my opponent. As awesome as Short Hop FAir is... doing 7% at a time and not actually ever being able to kill with it kinda sucks. Great. I got my FAir spacing down and I'm racking up damage, now what? :(

I do use BAir. Staling it though just means it's even harder for me to KO someone.

Counter has been the most consistent way to close out stocks. That's a problem.

I do know the frames for her moves. The moves I need to kill either don't have the frames to kill a good opponent, stale quickly, or have a crappy hitbox.

This is why I'm frustrated/looking for options.

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
The more I play the more I feel like Jab into Smash doesn't work as well on the Wii U. Is the timing off or have other people experienced the same thing? It was one of my main ways to close out stocks but it doesn't seem to work on Wii U.

Feeling conflicted right now on my Palutena play in general. Played some sets against Rookie last night (one of the best Fox players in Brawl, also an incredibly good Diddy player) and my results vs him are ones I've come across a lot against top players: I can't close out stocks.

When I ask for advice, everyone (except NinjaLink) seems to just say "Character has no damage and either she's too straight forward or you are. You just do the same things over and over again. After a while, there's nothing to be afraid of. When I'm not afraid of any of a character's options or tools, I won't respect you and that's why you're getting beat."

Switching to Zero Suit Samus yields much higher results and many more wins because people respect the character, her options, and her various ways to close out stocks (Paralyzer, Down Smash, Throws, Down B, Aerials all lead to kill confirms). I have very little practice at all with her but I can pick her and start winning sets against these same people. Why can't I do that with Palutena?

I was so close to putting Palutena down last night after talking to Dabuz. He agrees with most of what I'm saying (and has been said). The only reason I didn't is D1 tweeted at me saying it can work. He started rattling off lists of options that I may not have considered. The problem is I'm very much a visual learner or I require feedback in real time to learn it (as in I have to talk through options with people). Going to try to go through a lot of it today with NinjaLink and hope I can find some fresh material and mixups that help me combat my problems.

Palutena almost eliminated Tyrant (a top player) in Grand Finals of a tournament according to D1. He's encouraging me to stay strong and keep trying cause it will pay off (ala Jiggs from Melee).

Just not really sure what to believe. Came for some advice & to vent.
I think the stun from jab has been nerfed a little. I notice a combo that I was capable of doing before patch 1.0.4 (Jab > Jab > Bair) no longer works anymore, or is not considered consecutive anymore. I can still pull off the two jabs, but can't connect the Bair. It might just be me, but I doubt it. Still need more testing.

Last edited:

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Possibly the TV or converter adding a bit of input delay, I was having the same issue an could only come up with those two excuses. I'm also thinking that I will have to upgrade my off stage game to help close out games.

Hon Si Zi

Smash Rookie
How do you guys get short hop arials out consistently? I'm playing with a pro controller, and I have a hard time moving from x/y to the right stick.

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
How do you guys get short hop arials out consistently? I'm playing with a pro controller, and I have a hard time moving from x/y to the right stick.
To be honest, as much as I hate 3DS controls, the dag on thing got me addicted to just using the A button instead of the C-Stick. My fingers just slide from the X button to the A button like butter. I now only use the C-Stick for runs > USmash, or just any ground smash attack in general.

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
I jump with Z. :bluejump:

Regarding difficulties with Palutena, I'm honestly just keeping her in my pocket right now. I play ZSS when it matters and grind Palutena tech whenever I'm just practicing. Once I feel comfortable with her I'll play each as I see fit.

She is not an easy character to play well, and it's true that she can struggle to close out stocks. I still think the rewards are there though, and even if they weren't I'd probably play her anyway. Too much fun not to!

Also YOOOOOOOO HITBOX HYPE

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
too bad you get nair instead

nair.jpg

maybe i should just wait until I get the wii u version for bigger and better images...

Edit: oh here's a familiar picture

nair2.jpg

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
We crave more adorable Palutena soon. I'm still happy about her details so far, and I still don't know what to do. Yep, bored times.

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
Here is my POTD, lol. This is just a picture of my 4 mains in Smash 4.

GrouZekJr.

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4141-2848-1883
Okay so i was messin' around with Super Speed combos with Lady Palutena and i noticed something, sometimes after i cancel super speed into her Up smash (by pressing jump and imputing up smash at the same time), the speed momentum she had before would still be active for at least a second...making her fly away foward if i jumped right after performing the up smash. But this only worked if the up smash managed to hit the opponent...
Anyone noticed this? I laughed kind of too much at that.:chuckle::chuckle:

Edit: Actually the up smash doesn't need to hit, you just use it and then do a quick dash and jump.

Last edited:

Tailisu10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TailisuTheTen
3DS FC
3566-1548-8575
maybe i should just wait until I get the wii u version for bigger and better images...
If you want, I can take those for you. I'm basically playing Super Smash Bros. Snap anyway.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
If you want, I can take those for you. I'm basically playing Super Smash Bros. Snap anyway.
Yes please, I will still use @ kmpyj kmpyj 's images for something else

If you take pics for me, could you situate a character like Bowser just outside where he normally would get hit? It'll let me visualise where the hitboxes should be.

And try to keep the angle flat like the Nair one.

And for things like explosive flame, maximum graphic size please.

Top Bottom