• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
As much as I like the idea of customs being considered/implemented, there would have to be some kind of rule in forced on them. Until the light weight exploit gets patched (if it ever does) most tournaments involving customs that know of said exploit will probably have it banned. And then we will have contradictions going about. To be honest, I fine with custom moves, because even with the light weight exploit there are still the negative repercussions that comes with it (the negatives in using light weight to begin with.) But most competitive/tourney folks don't have nor want to take the time and consider rules for them, especially the tier list elitist. Then you have the question as to should equipments be implemented as well. Equipment such as the smooth landing equipment would most likely spark the attention of competitive players, but since it is a custom, and has Stat changes on top of that, they might beat an eye at it. I do think customs can work, we just need to move are studies into them, and not single them out.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Custom moves are legal or not legal. That's it. Lightweight doe not need to be banned. There is nothing game breaking about it. Lightweight is only made better on platform stages and when you have control of the stage. You can't just get away with doing the Lightweight glitch willy nilly as the move has enough cool down to be punishable if you do that. It is far from game breaking. It's stupid design, sure and totally needs to get patched. But it doesn't warrant a ban.

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
Custom moves are legal or not legal. That's it. Lightweight doe not need to be banned. There is nothing game breaking about it. Lightweight is only made better on platform stages and when you have control of the stage. You can't just get away with doing the Lightweight glitch willy nilly as the move has enough cool down to be punishable if you do that. It is far from game breaking. It's stupid design, sure and totally needs to get patched. But it doesn't warrant a ban.
True. You more or less summed up what I was getting at.

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
Man, all that training with Admiral Pit is really starting to pay off. I feel young again..........oh wait

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
Man, in less the 24 hours all of my limiters will be released. I hate to say this, but R.I.P Smash 3DS.........not really because I still have to play against Admiral Pit. :O

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
I have an easier time connecting Dthrow to Uair, is it placebo, or real VI/DI changes?
Hmm, I have noticed something on the lines of that, but then again, it might just be the results from my training from Admiral Pit. Ever since our 4 hour marathon, I gotten a whole lot faster. And I can only imagine the Wii U version serving us more justice.

Last edited:

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
I have an easier time connecting Dthrow to Uair, is it placebo, or real VI/DI changes?
From what I've heard, moves that knock opponents vertically are only affected by normal DI in 1.0.4. So yeah, it should be easier to combo D-throw into U-air now.

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
Looking at the Palutena info in the data dump, some really interesting things to note:

• Up Tilt is faster than Jab by 1 frame on startup thanks to 1.0.4
  • FSmash, FTilt, and DTilt all send at a 361 degree angle, which if it's the same as Brawl's programming, is basically sideways but the opponent cannot DI it.
  • NAir is the fastest move she has, @5 frames. Dash Attack is 6. FAir is 9. Up Air & BAir are 8. DAir is 10.
  • Jab is much slower than I thought, @11 frames. Still amazing and has good reach.
  • Longest Active hitbox is Up Tilt with 32 frames.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Looking at the Palutena info in the data dump, some really interesting things to note:

• Up Tilt is faster than Jab by 1 frame on startup thanks to 1.0.4
  • FSmash, FTilt, and DTilt all send at a 361 degree angle, which if it's the same as Brawl's programming, is basically sideways but the opponent cannot DI it.
  • NAir is the fastest move she has, @5 frames. Dash Attack is 6. FAir is 9. Up Air & BAir are 8. DAir is 10.
  • Jab is much slower than I thought, @11 frames. Still amazing and has good reach.
  • Longest Active hitbox is Up Tilt with 32 frames.
Wow, who woulda known utilt is faster haha.

Awesome, even fsmash!

Wow nair is faster than I thought as well.

Where's this data dump? Can you confirm that upsmash lasts longer? I'm 95% sure it does by a few frames.

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
Jab 1 is 11 frames? Holymolly it's worse than expected. At least it got decent range indeed. So our fastest option is to instant dash attack, which is not possible on 3DS. Bouh... I'll still keep on trying to use OOS jab I guess.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Wasn't expecting 11 frame jab. >_>

Good to know that Dash Attack is that fast.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Jab 1 is 11 frames? Holymolly it's worse than expected. At least it got decent range indeed. So our fastest option is to instant dash attack, which is not possible on 3DS. Bouh... I'll still keep on trying to use OOS jab I guess.
Actually there's a way to instant dash attack!

Press forward and immediately press diagonally down and back and A, that way you will always get an instant dash attack and never accidentally do something else like a fsmash or ftilt.

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
Well, I just got back from GameStop to register for the midnight release. Thankfully I got in group 1.

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
Man, Palutena just feels so much better on the Wii U. She just feels so fresh. The Gamecube controller definitely help in that part as well.

Last edited:

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
Yeeeeeaaaaah. I have a hard time believing that frame data.
You're not the only one who doesn't believe that entirely (11 frame jab doesn't feel right, now matter how I look at it. It feels more like 4 or 5)

I'm just going off what was harvested from the game.

Played an insanely good Greninja tonight. His hand speed was pretty insane and he kept me out really really well. I have no real idea how to deal with Greninja's Nair as Palutena so if anyone has any ideas how to deal with a camp Greninja who tries to come in quickly with cross hop NAir, I'm all ears. It was the only thing that gave me a hard time tonight at the store.

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
Man, I love how this game feels. Everything just feels right on the big screen, as expected. Oh yeah, I will also start to work on that Palutena combo video.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Sadly I won't be able to join in til days or weeks later. I'll be stuck on the 3ds that is, but soon all shall witness my new trick on BF. Just wonder what I should call it, and if I should show someone now before someone gets to it first. May need to have a poll on that, but I surely want to be one to discover something.

Some good Pit/Palutena snapshots would also be nice to see, in HD of course.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Oh, and just to clarify, the trick is just something fancy, but probably isn't worth doing, but you know how fancy and tricky I can be. To think I could finally name something I hopefully found first, and what name could it be? I'm curious sometimes.

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
Going to try my hand at streaming Palutena matches tonight if anyone's interested. I'd love some feedback on how I'm doing. I'll let you guys know when I'm going live. I'll probably just be getting my ass handed to me by NinjaLink all night.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I actually need to talk to him about the thing, just to make sure I claim the discovery. So where is Ninjalink anyways?
Current name atm is Warp Dance, and I may give a sneak peak for those who do find me. Even now from time to time, I'm trying to look for locations that it works with. So far, some areas are dangerous to work with for misplacing and mistiming it will mean you SD, and is still for fancy purposes.

Last edited:

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
I actually need to talk to him about the thing, just to make sure I claim the discovery. So where is Ninjalink anyways?
Current name atm is Warp Dance, and I may give a sneak peak for those who do find me. Even now from time to time, I'm trying to look for locations that it works with. So far, some areas are dangerous to work with for misplacing and mistiming it will mean you SD, and is still for fancy purposes.

. . . Really? Just share it. Everyone will know you found it...and even then it's not that big a deal.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694

. . . Really? Just share it. Everyone will know you found it...and even then it's not that big a deal.
Well fine, but I don't have recording equipment. It's probably useless, but I still want credit for it. Would you like to volunteer? I feel strange sometimes, so sorry. Besides, I still don't feel appreciated much because I'm branded as a typical "wifi player" whose words mean nothing to the jerkish elitist community. *pouts*

Hint 1: Multiple Warp Cancels...
2nd hint will come shortly.

Last edited:

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
sometimes I don't even know why EH have these tier voting things....At the moment I see palutena in top 10 and peach at 19...

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
If I find him... *sets beacon* @ NinjaLink NinjaLink

While Warp Cancel technically isn't mine due to a similar structure that was developed by Brawl Zelda, let's say some things make Palutena's much more fun to do. For my Warp Dance (name pending), well, again it's probably useless, but I still have fun doing it now.
I'd love to have it recorded as a thing of my trademark.

Hint 2: A platform of the right size...

@ Nabbitnator Nabbitnator What is this EH tier thing you speak of? I'm curious on what it looks like, though tiers that involve voting is complete BS if you ask me. If it were up to me, I'd go with character potential, instead of just "offline tourney results" that is being done, but not every wish comes true.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Coulda just messaged me directly lol

:p
I was shy when presenting myself to some of the known players, that's all (skype is optional), given my often considered bad reputation and many's hatred of wifi-restricter players such as myself.
I'd love to show off a few Palutena warp tricks if that's okay with you. It's probably mostly flash, but I try to make some of this stuff useful.
Unfortunately for me, I'm stuck with the 3ds. So how should we do this? I have plans for a 2-part run with this in either order. To battle with me doing it in the mix, and to see if you can replicate it in a passive match. I seem to be able to do a few on different stages. Your call. *shivers*

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I believe in curses too. Thankfully the game's still young, and plenty room for improvements.

...Soon.

Last edited:
Top Bottom