• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
Earlier today, I was thinking that they would probably use the same dress model for Palutena and Pseudo - Palutena. I decided to Photoshop a side by side comparison of Pseudos' trophy and the leaked Palutena. The results were interesting

The staff and the dress in particular are very similar. Both models share the majority of the same amulets on the dress. Going from left to right, we can see an E, a oval like object (maybe a fish?), a ring, and a shell. Some of the amulets are different, but the majority are the same. Though you all would be interested in this.

FrostShock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClockworkWizard
The LAST thing I expect for Palutena is Dillon's fate. Dillon was new, interesting, but only two e-shop games is what I think killed him. Palutena shouldn't get the AT fate.
I don't think so, there are characters in Smash who have had only one or two games that were released a decade or so ago (Ice Climbers, R.O.B., Lucas, etc.). What I think is more likely is that Dillon's "thing" is his ability to curl into a ball and roll at high speed, and Sonic's already got that covered. Sakurai seems to be taking a lot of time to make sure each newcomer has at least one feature unique to them, and since Dillon can't do much else other than roll around, I think that's what got him.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It's a very different thing to be a character from a new series versus a character from a series already playable in Smash. Look how much attention Sakurai tends to give each playable series in Smash, he isn't going to to add them lightly. If he needs some padding he isn't going to take from a new series, he never has. New series are priority characters, and Dillon just isn't in the same league with the other series getting representation this time around.

I don't really see how this is related to Palutena though. Her chances are pretty unshaked by Dillon, they really don't have much in common. Just because their biggest (or only) roles have been on the same system doesn't mean two relatively minor eShop titles with lukewarm reception can match a highly popular secondary character from what Nintendo pretty much treated as an A-List game.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
It is also important to remember that the "characters from new franchises" are from recent games that Nintendo actually treated as A-list games. Even though Punch-Out!! games didn't sell as much as Animal Crossing games and Wii Fit games, Nintendo still gave Punch-Out!! the star treatment when it got the Wii revival game. I don't remember Nintendo giving Dillon's Rolling Western the star treatment.

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
Earlier today, I was thinking that they would probably use the same dress model for Palutena and Pseudo - Palutena. I decided to Photoshop a side by side comparison of Pseudos' trophy and the leaked Palutena. The results were interesting

The staff and the dress in particular are very similar. Both models share the majority of the same amulets on the dress. Going from left to right, we can see an E, a oval like object (maybe a fish?), a ring, and a shell. Some of the amulets are different, but the majority are the same. Though you all would be interested in this.
Pseudo Palutena is just ripped from Uprising.

LunaChi KuroShihone

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4253-3959-1269
so, today i was browsing trough e-bay and found the link to this german site which said: SSB for 3DS, available for download.
such idiots on the internet, really. and i'm sorry for those who actually believed it and buyed it...
upload_2014-5-3_16-27-45.png

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
I haven't followed the news regarding Palutena lately, so I'll ask directly. Have the 3DS pics from a while back been confirmed fake or not?

(I ask because I've seen people on other sites claiming they've been confirmed fake)

Last edited:

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
I haven't followed the news regarding Palutena lately, so I'll ask directly. Have the 3DS pics from a while back been confirmed fake or not?

(I ask because I've seen people on other sites claiming they've been confirmed fake)
They're still in the "wait and see" status. A while back someone tried to create a fake "debunking" the leaks but people found multiple inconsistencies with the "debunk" and the leak.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Do the charms/amulets being different on the Pseudo trophy and in the leak affect the credibility of the leak at all?
Someone said Pseudo-Palutena's model was ripped directly from Uprising, if they're right then, no, it wouldn't affect the leak. I haven't had much of a chance to play a lot of Uprising yet, so I can't say myself.

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
This is a little bit off topic, but is it true that the KI anime was planned to be an actual series?
No. Three different animation companies were hired just to make Kid Icarus Uprising animes soley for the purpose of marketing and advertisement.

Even if they were hired to make a series I doubt Nintendo would just outright cancel it as they only do that to companies that make the product before consulting with Nintendo first.

Nintendo isn't against having animes using their IPs because Kirby got a full 50-something episode anime.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
The question is not if she's gonna use the staff. The real question is when she's gonna be revealed? :(

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Someone said Pseudo-Palutena's model was ripped directly from Uprising, if they're right then, no, it wouldn't affect the leak. I haven't had much of a chance to play a lot of Uprising yet, so I can't say myself.
They are right, if you look back to our first trophy pic, Saria. It was stated that the trophy models are ripped from the game.

Burigu

Smash Ace
Do the charms/amulets being different on the Pseudo trophy and in the leak affect the credibility of the leak at all?
Well the amulets aren't the only difference between the two the details at the end of the staff are also different (Palutena being more detailed), so if it is ripped from uprising that makes sense if not ripped then Palutena leak is fake, but I am not sure how to determinate if Pseudo Palutena model is ripped from Uprising or not.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Alright, so it's clear the supporter list isn't gonna get updated any time soon unless someone else does it. So I take it upon myself to update it! Now, if someone could tell me the last time/last page the list was updated, that'd help.

Burigu

Smash Ace
Alright, so it's clear the supporter list isn't gonna get updated any time soon unless someone else does it. So I take it upon myself to update it! Now, if someone could tell me the last time/last page the list was updated, that'd help.
Mmmm not sure @ andimidna andimidna put a list of people missing the support list on page 88

Shalashaska

Banned via Warnings
There are already better pieces of evidence for Palutena's inclusion, and someone may have already brought this up on here, but did anyone notice that when Pit uses the Power of Flight, the light on his wings is gold/green/red/whatever, as it was when Viridi enabled the Power of Flight in Uprising?

andimidna

Smash Master
You can do that? How? Well... here's who I found:
@ ~ Valkyrie ~ ~ Valkyrie ~
Just looked through the last 10 pages and found some supporters not on the list.
-Minato Arisato
-Burigu
-Groose
-Zuby
-Grayson
-ihskeyp
-Zero Suit Wario
-Ferio_Kun
-Rock & Roller Wabbit
-sheik93
-8-bit Man
-leprechaunlink727
-aliensalmon
-Ryan.
-senselessbreak
-Awaji66
-Nimbostratus
-Anomilus
-Hades the Magnificent :troll:
That was as of Page 87, here are some new ones (people not on the list who said they supporter her, defended her, or had an avatar of her were assumed supporters]
-TheSkuxxedOne
-Ryu Myuutsu
-Ellipsis
-FrostShock
-stan423321
-Lordling
-LunaChi KuroShihone
-FireEmblemnier
-Shalashaska

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
There are already better pieces of evidence for Palutena's inclusion, and someone may have already brought this up on here, but did anyone notice that when Pit uses the Power of Flight, the light on his wings is gold/green/red/whatever, as it was when Viridi enabled the Power of Flight in Uprising?
Actually, Pit's wings glow red when he uses the Power of Flight in SSB4. In Uprising, his wings glow blue when Palutena is giving him that power, and they glow green when Viridi has bestowed it upon him. So really, Pit's wing glow in SSB4 has nothing to do with either goddess.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
...actually, it's not.

See? It's actually a slight blue tint unless it's been changed or something.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
^^

In this video, which is clearly a more recent build, they have a golden glow, which is associated with neither Palutena or Viridi, for seemingly obvious reasons.

I'm not sure which deity is pulling the strings, but it at least means it's not Palutena, which is another nail in the "she's not playable" coffin.

Edit: Greninja'd

Or it changes colors, which is still not Palutena.

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Just looked at it. You're right. It goes from blue to yellow-orange to red.
Yeah. But it starts out as blue, so you were technically right.

Anyway, assuming the list of supporters in the OP is at least semi recent, here's the supporters as of right now.

- Young Horsetail (*Founder*)
- Admiral Pit (second-in-command)
- Arcadenik
- TriHyphen ("---")
-Xenoblaze
-Swampasaur
-Opossum
-FalKoopa
-SegaNintendoUbisoft
-TheLightMusicClub
-SonicBrawler182
-TumblrFamous
-Erotic&Heretic
-Dinoman86
-TheMagicalKuja
-Pacack
-LoganHogan
-Motorbug2005
-OniricSprite
-Glaciacott
-Banjodorf
-Hinata2000100
-Smashkirby
-ScatmansWorld25
-SethTheMage
-SmashChu
-ProjectAngel
-Sid-cada
-ThatWasPeachy
-dezeray112
-BluePikmin11
-Malcolm Belmont
-Scoliosis Jones
-SuperLittleTY
-AgatioGanon
-DustyPumpkin
-Karafuru
-EgaddMario
-WingedSnagret
-FirstBlade
-DomRiver
-God Robert's Cousin
-Hong
-Louie G.
-StaffofSmashing
-Bksbestbwoy
-Makaronileo
-Ariand/AEM
-Cephalopod17
-MajoraX
-Staarih
-Miffa
-FinalStarmen
-Starlol9
-AndiMidna
-DraginHikari
-Legendofrob1
-ToothiestAura
-HatsuneMiku
-False Sense
-Chris Baker
-Minato Arisato
-Burigu
-Groose
-Zuby
-Grayson
-ihskeyp
-Zero Suit Wario
-Ferio_Kun
-Rock & Roller Wabbit
-sheik93
-8-bit Man
-leprechaunlink727
-aliensalmon
-Ryan.
-senselessbreak
-Awaji66
-Nimbostratus
-Anomilus
-Hades the Magnificent
-TheSkuxxedOne
-Ryu Myuutsu
-Ellipsis
-FrostShock
-stan423321
-Lordling
-LunaChi KuroShihone
-FireEmblemnier
-Shalashaska

Sorry for the double post, but I found something on the Kid Icarus wiki.

"The color and brightness of the glow generated by the Power of Flight depends on the speed he is flying at. Blue and bright is the fastest, yellow is moving slowly, and red is basically hovering, not moving very fast and is usually dim."

So, Pit's wings do glow red when he's using the Power of Flight in Uprising, but not very often, and only when he's hovering in the air.

Just laying out all the facts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shalashaska

Banned via Warnings
Ah, my mistake.

Still, they don't always glow blue, so there's that.

(If they don't glow blue most of the time during Uprising's Palutena-powered flight sequences, then disregard this. I didn't do much fact checking.)

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Ah, my mistake.

Still, they don't always glow blue, so there's that.

(If they don't glow blue most of the time during Uprising's Palutena-powered flight sequences, then disregard this. I didn't do much fact checking.)
Oh, no. They glow blue a lot in Palutena's flying segments. Don't worry about that.

Burigu

Smash Ace
I asume you are refering to me about the Pseudo vs leak part, I was only contributing to the conversation I have stated multiple times that there are lots of hints regardless of the leak so no need to convince me.

About the Power of Flight color, I doubt it's related to Viridi or Palutena or any god in general, they probably give the move a change to look better and nothing more, but it would be cool, why I think it has nothing to do with Viridi or Palutena? because this game don't folow the basic plot of franchises, in this escenario it would be strange for Viridi to help Pit and at the same time sending a Reset Bomb (in the context of KIU) in that stage so I think we don't need to concentrate to hard about that detail, because the game plot of that game universe and this game universe have nothing to do with each other, so don't go around spreading rumors

andimidna

Smash Master
Yeah. But it starts out as blue, so you were technically right.

Anyway, assuming the list of supporters in the OP is at least semi recent, here's the supporters as of right now.

- Young Horsetail (*Founder*)
- Admiral Pit (second-in-command)
- Arcadenik
- TriHyphen ("---")
-Xenoblaze
-Swampasaur
-Opossum
-FalKoopa
-SegaNintendoUbisoft
-TheLightMusicClub
-SonicBrawler182
-TumblrFamous
-Erotic&Heretic
-Dinoman86
-TheMagicalKuja
-Pacack
-LoganHogan
-Motorbug2005
-OniricSprite
-Glaciacott
-Banjodorf
-Hinata2000100
-Smashkirby
-ScatmansWorld25
-SethTheMage
-SmashChu
-ProjectAngel
-Sid-cada
-ThatWasPeachy
-dezeray112
-BluePikmin11
-Malcolm Belmont
-Scoliosis Jones
-SuperLittleTY
-AgatioGanon
-DustyPumpkin
-Karafuru
-EgaddMario
-WingedSnagret
-FirstBlade
-DomRiver
-God Robert's Cousin
-Hong
-Louie G.
-StaffofSmashing
-Bksbestbwoy
-Makaronileo
-Ariand/AEM
-Cephalopod17
-MajoraX
-Staarih
-Miffa
-FinalStarmen
-Starlol9
-AndiMidna
-DraginHikari
-Legendofrob1
-ToothiestAura
-HatsuneMiku
-False Sense
-Chris Baker
-Minato Arisato
-Burigu
-Groose
-Zuby
-Grayson
-ihskeyp
-Zero Suit Wario
-Ferio_Kun
-Rock & Roller Wabbit
-sheik93
-8-bit Man
-leprechaunlink727
-aliensalmon
-Ryan.
-senselessbreak
-Awaji66
-Nimbostratus
-Anomilus
-Hades the Magnificent
-TheSkuxxedOne
-Ryu Myuutsu
-Ellipsis
-FrostShock
-stan423321
-Lordling
-LunaChi KuroShihone
-FireEmblemnier
-Shalashaska
Did... did I just count 89 supporters!? :D

Sorry for the double post, but I found something on the Kid Icarus wiki.

"The color and brightness of the glow generated by the Power of Flight depends on the speed he is flying at. Blue and bright is the fastest, yellow is moving slowly, and red is basically hovering, not moving very fast and is usually dim."

So, Pit's wings do glow red when he's using the Power of Flight in Uprising, but not very often, and only when he's hovering in the air.

Just laying out all the facts.
Wait... so what about green?

Last edited:

Shalashaska

Banned via Warnings
I asume you are refering to me about the Pseudo vs leak part, I was only contributing to the conversation I have stated multiple times that there are lots of hints regardless of the leak so no need to convince me.
I'm afraid I don't know what you mean. Do you mean the "better pieces of evidence"? That sort of include what you were talking about, I guess.

About the Power of Flight color, I doubt it's related to Viridi or Palutena or any god in general, they probably give the move a change to look better and nothing more, but it would be cool, why I think it has nothing to do with Viridi or Palutena? because this game don't folow the basic plot of franchises, in this escenario it would be strange for Viridi to help Pit and at the same time sending a Reset Bomb (in the context of KIU) in that stage so I think we don't need to concentrate to hard about that detail, because the game plot of that game universe and this game universe have nothing to do with each other, so don't go around spreading rumors
Yeah, that makes the most sense.
Komaytos look like little Metroids

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
After checking the Wiki:

Palutena: Blue
Viridi: Green
Wings of Pegasus: Pink
Pandora: Purple

So, it's clearly Pyrrhon no one in particular, just an effect.

I'm afraid I don't know what you mean. Do you mean the "better pieces of evidence"? That sort of include what you were talking about, I guess.

Yeah, that makes the most sense.
Komaytos look like little Metroids
Forget about it, I presumed you were trying to convince me that Palutena is very likely, with I already know, I was just curious if the staff difference had some significance, so mmm just forget about it the hinds from Sakurai are our strongest evidence (or hope).
I was afraid you wouldn't catch the reference since I am not that sure that it was literally the quote, glad you get it.
You might be right about the color, but for me it's merely a visual think

Last edited:

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
Isn't the flight colour one of the customisable features? I'm sure I read/heard that somewhere, that your launch colour and KO colour are customisable.

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
Isn't the flight colour one of the customisable features? I'm sure I read/heard that somewhere, that your launch colour and KO colour are customisable.
It's not customizable. It reflects the player who launched the character so for example it would be a red color if player 1 got the kill.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
No. Three different animation companies were hired just to make Kid Icarus Uprising animes soley for the purpose of marketing and advertisement.

Even if they were hired to make a series I doubt Nintendo would just outright cancel it as they only do that to companies that make the product before consulting with Nintendo first.

Nintendo isn't against having animes using their IPs because Kirby got a full 50-something episode anime.
Kirby's anime actually had 100 episodes (in Japan, four particular episodes were actually joined as a feature length movie, so about 96 episodes and a movie in Japan). The F-Zero anime had 51 episodes, though.

-----------------------

So my brother downloaded Uprising, and I've been playing it.......

I know I'm already on the supporters list, but now I DEFINITELY support Palutena. She's a really charming character, and the lovely Ali Hillis provides a perfect voice for her. I consider her an actual wishlist character now. I really love all of the characters honestly, but Palutena is just so prominent and so easy to love because she's always there.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
^^

In this video, which is clearly a more recent build, they have a golden glow, which is associated with neither Palutena or Viridi, for seemingly obvious reasons.

I'm not sure which deity is pulling the strings, but it at least means it's not Palutena, which is another nail in the "she's not playable" coffin.

Edit: Greninja'd

Or it changes colors, which is still not Palutena.
It's Hades.
I don't know how anyone can still doubt Palutena's inclusion...

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
It is also important to remember that the "characters from new franchises" are from recent games that Nintendo actually treated as A-list games. Even though Punch-Out!! games didn't sell as much as Animal Crossing games and Wii Fit games, Nintendo still gave Punch-Out!! the star treatment when it got the Wii revival game. I don't remember Nintendo giving Dillon's Rolling Western the star treatment.
For good reason too... Kid Icarus Uprising and Punch-Out!!! Wii both sold over a million copies. They didn't push Wii Fit numbers or anything, but those are good numbers from "dead" franchises and were likely more important to Nintendo's bottom line then a small digital only release. (Nothing against Dillon, he's awesome and all, his franchise just isn't in the same league as any of the new comers or Kid Icarus. That's not even brining up the History of something like Punch-Out or Kid Icarus.)

Top Bottom