• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

andimidna

Smash Master
I was wondering if I should :p
Well.. I'm glad you found it, we're rating a bunch of different things this week and Palutena comes up a lot.
I'm sure you'll be happy to see she is currently rated as the #1 most likely newcomer and the #3 most wanted newcomer!

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I approve of her popularity. I just hope we get our wish.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Let's say that there's an off chance that Palutena might not actually be revealed in the upcoming Direct. What would your reactions be if she weren't confirmed (yet)?

While I've barely touched Kid Icarus, I would be somewhat disappointed after all this buildup, especially if the only newcomer revealed was Mii.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Let's say that there's an off chance that Palutena might not actually be revealed in the upcoming Direct. What would your reactions be if she weren't confirmed (yet)?

While I've barely touched Kid Icarus, I would be somewhat disappointed after all this buildup, especially if the only newcomer revealed was Mii.
I'm pretty convinced of her inclusion anyway, so if it's not one of my OTHER listed newcomers, I'd just be very disappointed, and just patiently await more reveals. Whatever happens with newcomers, I'm definitely super-interested in other details we'll likely be getting in the direct.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I'd be okay with Palutena not showing up.

I'm pretty much in the Anything-But-Mii camp.

andimidna

Smash Master
Yes, as long as it's not somebody lame like Mii or Tingle, I will be hyped.

But it would really be a missed opportunity if there was no Palutena.

Like you said, build-up.

Plus I want to move on to supporting other characters :laugh:

I also want to see 20+ pages just of hype on this thread post-reveal!!!

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
More than hype in this thread I'll be excited to be around for things like a moveset analysis thread and those sorts of things one Palutena's sub-forum opens up.

You guys !!

Komaytos confirmed for Assist Trophy. All signs point to Palutena reveal on Tuesday! WOOO!!! HYPE!

Last edited by a moderator:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Don't forget, getting too googly eyed was one of the reason why Brawl speculation was unbearable, and because of it we should avoid talking it as much as possible.
Mind if I ask what do you mean? I wasn't here back then. Plus, I was a 4th grader so I didn't see much speculation to begin with.

Hoping to see Palutena tomorrow. Though, if you want to look deep into the POTD, I guess Ridley is tomorrow...

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I think he meant Brawl roster speculation was much more hazardous than what we're dealing with today or something. Back then, there was tons of requests for Mega Man and Sonic, but we only had the latter. And then the TL hate iirc. It's been so long that I forgotten.
Ppl milked the jokes bout the purple dragon a million times already, so I'm saying that, and gonna hide again.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Had a dream last night that Palutena was confirmed in a direct. Her shadow appeared and her hair was blowing in the wind.

In that same dream I encountered an African librarian who solves supernatural mysteries, had weird yellow suited men stalk me, the floorboards in my room collapsed and I ate a raw chicken at a carnival. (I think the carnival was hosted by Nintendo to celebrate Palutena)

It was an eventful night.

Last edited:

LunaChi KuroShihone

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4253-3959-1269
oh boy, i need to wait till the witching hour, because of these stupid time-zone thingies D: screw you school, I'M staying up!
that'll be an eventful night XD.
(u know that from my view you've been writing since one in the mornig... thats pretty early ~.~)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I wish we had premeditation (or as I call em, "Future") dreams to see if she's confirmed. Sucks I have no skills on Lucid Dreaming. :(

And hello again! *patpat* And yes, school is evil.

LunaChi KuroShihone

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4253-3959-1269
you dont say, we'll be writing an english essay on wednsday T.T
i had once such a dream too, tough it was some sort of crossover with kid icarus and percy jackson ^^
pit needed to collect the magic coins of smashery to stop the evil hades from turning everyone into fried vegetables. he was accompanied by Palutena and Marth in a skirt and Percy himself, following the places of the second movie. in the end everyone was saved and they were called by sakurai, who congratulated them and gave them limited copies of SSB4
me and my crazy imagination XD i think crazy hand was somewhere in it too, dancing hula ^^'

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I feel sad that she may not be revealed this time either, forcing us to wait til E3 or til the game's done. I might as well be ready for disappointment.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Still guys, anything can happen here, in fact to go so far us NOT getting Miis actually revealed on this Direct. I know they might now seem something like a "suitable" spotlight character(s) to be shown in the Direct, going so far as to not let us see more bigger names in the supporting block.

andimidna

Smash Master
A curveball was revealed 2 newcomers ago. Not gonna happen again quickly

Then I guess I'll shrug and that it didn't happen, but it feels very bound to happen.
I'll never understand your logic, blue.

Unlikely=likely

:p
I see you using this to justify your roster too.
If Kawashima happens, I'll be happy for you. But I don't get the statement above.

Oops, double post.

Last edited by a moderator:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I'll never understand your logic, blue.

Unlikely=likely

:p
I see you using this to justify your roster too.
If Kawashima happens, I'll be happy for you. But I don't get the statement above.

Oops, double post.
Last time expected Dixie for the Valentines Direct, I got Little Mac, I'm temporarily going to expect the opposite for this direct.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Loving the new thread title. I think this is the perfect time to reveal Palutena. We all know she's in there, so they might as well reveal her and another newcomer to generate even more hype.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
If this is true, then slight higher chance for Palutena reveal? Or just another curve ball thing?
Here's what we got when Japan had KIU as a digital release (A download, right?) from November 1st of last year:

So if it isn't another KI related pic, it'll probably be another pic talking about the upcoming Direct as far as tomorrow's POTD goes. Still hoping for Palutena, but not 100% sure.

EDIT: Though, it could be Pit looking at us and gasping while having 1 foot on the ledge, as if he was surprised as the Direct POTD. Tbh, I don't want to see Peach be that character again. She already did it twice.

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
So if it isn't another KI related pic, it'll probably be another pic talking about the upcoming Direct as far as tomorrow's POTD goes. Still hoping for Palutena, but not 100% sure.
I could see Palutena's announcement post on Miiverse being something like "Here's Palutena. Oh and hey, Kid Icarus Uprising is coming to the Eshop tomorrow for you Europeans, hyuck".

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Sounds interesting. The question now is that is the EU EShop release being done in order to promote KIU as to go with hypothetical Palutena-reveal by the Nintendo of Europe itself, or by Sakurai's request.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I don't see why not. They had Rosalina after the whole "her being hyped as playable in 3D wold (and MK8)" thing, so why not a growth of KI stuff for Palutena potential?

andimidna

Smash Master
Plus, for the anniversary we got the Phosphora trophy recently.

Sakurai has recognized uprising every chance he's had.
Hopefully this is no exception.

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Plus, for the anniversary we got phosphora recently.

Sakurai has recognized uprising every chance he's had
>no assist trophy yet
>Glorious Magnus swinging that sword around
>implying you don't need this in your life.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Tbh, I ain't fond of Magnus much. Some say the Eggplant Wizard would make a better and much more iconic Assist Trophy, though if Twinbellows isn't a boss, I want him to be it instead, running around with claw and flame attacks.

Top Bottom