• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

Zediwonder

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZediWonder
3DS FC
5069-5322-3120
I find that more people complain about power vision
(counter custom) when it kills them at really low %.
I haven't used all of Shulks yet since counters can't really be practiced but counters in general have always been kind of an issue, I won't say whether it's OP or not without knowing but I'm going to try it out just to see why they think that. I think it will have an equal drawback to the amount of power it has like most customs though.

edit: I was trying it out on R.O.B and it didn't KO till like 100% which Little Mac's KO punch is at 30ish% and Jiggs rest at 60% it's not that powerful in comparison. It does last a long time which is pretty powerful but I don't think it's OP and if you stale it it's worthless.

Last edited:

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
Happy Holidays my friends! (Though I wish I could have said that earlier) :(

Anyway, starting now, I am working on a Palutena guide video to cover all of the things we learned so far. It probably won't be out until January, but I will make sure to cover as much information as possible. Who knows? If there is I high demand for it (on my channel) then I might just make it into a series or something and call it "Palutena's Boot Camp" lol.

Anyway, hope you guys enjoy the holidays!

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I haven't used all of Shulks yet since counters can't really be practiced but counters in general have always been kind of an issue, I won't say whether it's OP or not without knowing but I'm going to try it out just to see why they think that. I think it will have an equal drawback to the amount of power it has like most customs though.

edit: I was trying it out on R.O.B and it didn't KO till like 100% which Little Mac's KO punch is at 30ish% and Jiggs rest at 60% it's not that powerful in comparison. It does last a long time which is pretty powerful but I don't think it's OP and if you stale it it's worthless.
Meh, was just stating what I heard from other people.
Still a good choice if you counter very sparingly.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny

What attack are you testing the counter against? An extreme case, but you can KO Sheik from the starting position of FD by Power Visioning a Bob-omb at 0%. And that isn't even using Monado Smash.

For the sake of comparison, Ike doesn't KO with his counter in the same circumstances until ~36%

TheRealPalutena

Smash Cadet
Happy Holidays my friends! (Though I wish I could have said that earlier) :(

Anyway, starting now, I am working on a Palutena guide video to cover all of the things we learned so far. It probably won't be out until January, but I will make sure to cover as much information as possible. Who knows? If there is I high demand for it (on my channel) then I might just make it into a series or something and call it "Palutena's Boot Camp" lol.

Anyway, hope you guys enjoy the holidays!
I was planning on doing exactly this when i got home from holidays :(

Its all good doe.

That being said. I'm gonna start working on another project I had in mind. Will also throw out some match videos pretty soon.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
im also confirmed for apex
this meetup has got to happen
and not confirmed but i might have 2 spots available
in my hotel room for anybody who needs housing

Last edited:

Rashid

Smash Journeyman
Sharjah - the United Arab Emirates. (UAE)
NNID
MegaSnack
3DS FC
0903-2770-3378
Psh, speak for yourself. I assure you my very large community of 10 members who matter are all for custom moves!
Please don't kill me. At least you guys don't have a problem actually finding people.

Last edited:

Zediwonder

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZediWonder
3DS FC
5069-5322-3120
Well with customs not being allowed for the moment it's a great time to talk about how great the new AT that's been found is for Palutena

http://smashboards.com/threads/roll-cancel-grabs.371874/

Aerodrome confirmed in the thread that Palutena can do this and quite easily. This is great with Palutena disappearing with her roll making it hard to read not to mention what is essentially a boost to her grab range. This is a great thing for all characters but I think it's going to make a significant impact to the way Palutena is played.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
yes it got patched, it used to be really good though!

you can still do it, but it's like, perfect pivot timing now

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
That being said, Palutena is (in my opinion) incredibly underrated right now, even without custom moves. The consistency of d-throw combos is nothing to laugh at, even with proper DI. And if they miss the DI (which most people eventually will do if you throw them immediately every time) d-throw pretty much always combos to that consistent uair at KO percents. The invincible dash attack is also a real sleeper because you can be less afraid of super armor moves and challenge high priority hitboxes.

Last edited:

Zediwonder

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZediWonder
3DS FC
5069-5322-3120
I've been practicing the roll grab cancel and I think it's a bit more lenient than PPing but it's still incredibly difficult, 1 frame inputs are never consistent unfortunately since you have to input within 1/60th of a second obviously but seeing that a bunch of people seem to have been mastering PPing it should be possible though extremely demanding.

Practicing the RGC with Palutena it's not as great as expected, her range is tiny but in turn I feel it's actually a lot easier to pull off than on Little Mac who has a really significant difference.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
With the year almost over, it's almost time for that chance of the Palutena party I wanted to do, which I know will go wrong.

So bring out the Celestial Fireworks for your Palutena (mostly), and prepare for a good time! I also have Drinks, only fitting for a Goddess (and Pit since well, that's KI for you).

So what am I after?

-Bring your Palutena (ONLY PALUTENA)
-Customs are allowed, but don't forget Celestial Fireworks sometime.
-And you may use custom equipment, but be sure to notify the other(s) to make it fair
-And celebrate with Celestial Fireworks at the beginning of a match (optional, but for fun) as we move on (or already on) to the new year!

The planned time? Due to multiple time zones, it'll vary starting from 12:05am pacific time to 11:59pm pst on Sunday. It's an event that I'd like many Palutena players to get together and hang out, show each other tricks, and this is open to both Wii U and 3ds players. Make em both feel welcome!

So why am I trying to do this again? I always did want to do a little fun event for once to show my softer side while rallying the Palutena players to relax and get together for something. It can help us know each other more, learn a few things or two during the few days. I chose to make it happen for some days because I understand some of us want to spend time with the family and may not make it at one time. So when you get the time, feel free to get together with your fellow Palutena friends here and have fun!
...At least try to...

*shivers*

But if there's questions I'll try to answer them calmly.

Last edited:

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Sounds like fun. I don't see many Palutena players on FG, and I really want to learn more about this character and see where I stand against other Palu mains (as well as get some practice in with her customs). I don't think she's as bad as people say; she just requires a lot of time and patience.

BrosUnited

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BrosUnited
Bros Meteor: I'm glad to see that a lot of people like Palutena as a character. I don't remember, but my brother remembers me complaining how Palutena should of been in Brawl instead of a Final Smash background. I main Palutena and I'll love to practice with some of you guys sometime. I need some tips and such to get better. I want to prove to NAKAT someday that Palutena isn't some "meh" mid-low tier character (I play LoF NAKAT a few times when he streams).

BrosUnited

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BrosUnited
I have a question. I recently heard someone talking about Teleport Cancelling with Palutena on facebook. How does one do this "Teleport Cancelling"?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I have both versions, so I hope to be of help. Feel free to bring custom equips too, but be sure to let someone knwo before using em.

And Palutena is by no means a beginner character, and she takes time to learn. So don't worry so much. All it takes is time, practice, some data, knowledge, and support if possible. The game's still young, but Palutena does have potential if you ask me.

And it's actually called Warp Canceling. A similar trick performed by Brawl Zelda where you teleport at the right distance so that when you re-appear, you're close to the ledge enough to the point where you slide off, allowing you to move quickly after, from using an aerial fast, or a midair jump. It's hard to do, but with practice and calculations of distance, you can do it. It's risky in the fact that if you miss, you'll pretty much will slide off and SD instead. Is it useful? IMO, it is, but it takes skills and the right situations. If you can't do it, don't worry. There's different Pally stuff for everyone, I hope.

Last edited:

xnine

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xninebreaker
3DS FC
3582-8927-0427
I have a question. I recently heard someone talking about Teleport Cancelling with Palutena on facebook. How does one do this "Teleport Cancelling"?
If you teleport to the edge of a ledge, or a platform, then you will cancel the ending teleport animation.

Zediwonder

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZediWonder
3DS FC
5069-5322-3120
I'd love to join in on all the fun and Celestial fireworks but being in Australia which has notoriously bad internet and my internet being bad by those standards for the moment I'd just lag and ruin the fun for myself and anyone else playing, sometime this year I'll get better internet and hopefully be able to have some actual online fun.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Celestial Fireworks
Aww, you beat me to it, but I live on the WC, so I had to wait longer.

Happy New Year! :4palutena: *uses Celestial Fireworks* :4palutena:
Followed by a special pic I found so early, but is so amazing.

Seriously, I love how cute this is. <3

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Seems Palutena's the Star of that one. Gotta wonder how you did all that. >_<

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
Seems Palutena's the Star of that one. Gotta wonder how you did all that. >_<
I asked myself that same question when I took the photo. I just grabbed 5 controllers (two GCs, the Gamepad, one Pro controller, and a Wii remote) got them all in one spot, and hit the pause button to switch over to the other controllers.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I asked myself that same question when I took the photo. I just grabbed 5 controllers (two GCs, the Gamepad, one Pro controller, and a Wii remote) got them all in one spot, and hit the pause button to switch over to the other controllers.
I wish I had more fitting controllers, then I could do so much more.

Top Bottom