• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

Luminario

Smash Lord
I don't even remember the good song from Uprising. The only songs I really want for sure are Fourside (Melee) and an Idolm@ster song (he did mention Idolm@ster in the composer list). Oh and if they put a Phoenix Wright song on the Mega Man stage, that'd be awesome.
As much as I am a fan of Idolm@ster I doubt they would have a song on there from it since the music page on the Smash Bros site simply points out what they have worked on beforehand. Hopefully I'm wrong but I'm not sure it would really fit in fighting with Go My Way! or HELLO! playing in the background (though there was Ai no Uta and Calling to the Night in Brawl)

There are so many exciting fighting themes from Uprising. A few that come to mind are Lightning Battle, Ring of Chaos and Boss Battles 1 and 2.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
new Palutena image from nintendo of europe's twitter
"Its a marathon not a sprint"

They finally fixed it.

Not that it looked soooo bad before but it looks a lot better here.

(so much better I stole it :troll:)

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
But the most important is how she will be in the final version. Especially in the game.
You are missing the point there, I never implied the artwork looks bad I only pointed out that both the magazine and the artwork are the exact same model and that the more happy perception around was caused because of the type of print used in the magazine.

That said I have seen Palutena artwork as gorgeous since day 1

About the music I must be of the few people that don't actually think Magnus Theme is that great

Here is my top ten:
  1. Lighting Battle
  2. Boss Battle 2
  3. The Ring of Chaos
  4. Scorched Feathers
  5. Chaos Vortex
  6. The War's End (you can count Hades Infernal Theme in here since most of the battle music has it's influence)
  7. Viridi Goddess of Nature
  8. Staff Roll
  9. Medusa's Final Battle
  10. The Wish Seed
Honorable mentions: Opening, Main Theme aka Palutena's Theme, Boss Battle 1 and Menu (Viridi) as you can see I have predilection for Air Battle themes, I find them way better than their ground battle equivalents. But I absolutely love the whole sound track

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
No particular order, cept the first 5, I think.

1: Lightning Battle (And Lightning Cloud Temple)
2: Boss Battle 2
3: Destroyed Skyworld
4: Palutena's Theme (the Menu Theme)
5: Into the Labyrinth (Ch.5 Land)
6: Lunar Sanctum (both)
7: Chaos Vortex (both)
8: Reset Bomb Forest
9: Medusa's Final Battle
10: Aurum Island

-Reasons?
1: Intensity, what more can I say?
2: I find it more intense than the first one. After all, this is exclusive to fighting Medusa and Palutena.
3: Take a break from intensity, bring up a bit of a mournful war-torn feeling, I think that's what I can say.
4: Beautiful and majestic, like our Goddess.
5: The chimes and piano. <3
6: Arlon doesn't get much love, and I like him. Has that slight KI + Star Wars feel to it, being on a giant moon base.
7: Another sample of intensity, but also gives you a vibe on saving someone even if it means death. For this case, Palutena.
8: Something different, idk how to explain it.
9: Barging in the original antagonist's fortress, it's fitting.
10: Jazzy aliens. That's all.

Gotta love the whole soundtrack really. I can't wait to listen to the remixes of KI in Smash 4. <3

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
Both of you have some nice songs on there. Can't wait to see what Sakurai adds.

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
Ooh, if we're talking music:

1. Thunder Cloud Temple
2. Dark Pit's Theme
3. Dog's Theme :D

We already know Dark Pit's Theme is in, so that's good. Really hoping for TCT...it would fit Smash really well I think.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
So customize her so she has a different down B.
Unfortunately custom moves can't be used online unless you are playing with friends, so they will be useless for a lot of people, including myself.

The fact Counter and Reflect are two of her default moves is almost killing my interest in playing the character.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
No particular order, cept the first 5, I think.

1: Lightning Battle (And Lightning Cloud Temple)
2: Boss Battle 2
3: Destroyed Skyworld
4: Palutena's Theme (the Menu Theme)
5: Into the Labyrinth (Ch.5 Land)
6: Lunar Sanctum (both)
7: Chaos Vortex (both)
8: Reset Bomb Forest
9: Medusa's Final Battle
10: Aurum Island

-Reasons?
1: Intensity, what more can I say?
2: I find it more intense than the first one. After all, this is exclusive to fighting Medusa and Palutena.
3: Take a break from intensity, bring up a bit of a mournful war-torn feeling, I think that's what I can say.
4: Beautiful and majestic, like our Goddess.
5: The chimes and piano. <3
6: Arlon doesn't get much love, and I like him. Has that slight KI + Star Wars feel to it, being on a giant moon base.
7: Another sample of intensity, but also gives you a vibe on saving someone even if it means death. For this case, Palutena.
8: Something different, idk how to explain it.
9: Barging in the original antagonist's fortress, it's fitting.
10: Jazzy aliens. That's all.

Gotta love the whole soundtrack really. I can't wait to listen to the remixes of KI in Smash 4. <3

Oh okay xD I'm sorry. I misunderstood it.

I hope they will mix some music titles new. ^^ Like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NceECNCoCLo

Last edited:

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
Unfortunately custom moves can't be used online unless you are playing with friends, so they will be useless for a lot of people, including myself.

The fact Counter and Reflect are two of her default moves is almost killing my interest in playing the character.
I don't know if I will go that far, because I mean for the most part, people use the smash attacks more than they use specials. And so far, we have yet to know what her moveset really is. Plus, it was never confirmed that those two moves were her default. The scans simply refers to them as custom 1. The scans never said that they were her default, it just said here is Palutena's 12 customizable moves. The way that was said, it was just mentioning what type of special move they were, (neutral, side, up, or down) and went into detail as far as what they actually do. So realistically, the order in which they showed them really don't mean anything, because they are just talking about all 12 moves. Plus, I've seen countless of scans/photos with Palutena using Heavenly Light. That, and the fact that Sakurai himself talked about it, made a lot of people believe that that is her default neutral. But based off of this logic, this would be false because Auto Reticle was labeled as custom 1 in the scans, and 1=Default. Just saying, lets just wait for the official confirmation of Palutena's Defaults. Or if not confirm upon release, then I will confirm it.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Ahem...

So it's finally confirmed that the infamously "fool-proof" Palutena-leak was actually... a way too well-done fake.

I'm so damn happy you made it despite this

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Goodbye, fake. I don't like leaks in general, but this one was definitely well done, and lasted a very long time. As expected for someone as Godly as Palutena. :4palutena:

Burigu

Smash Ace
Well people don't now if you are aware but at this point it is 99% likely Dark Pit is indeed a clone in the game, I am having mixing feelings since he is too similar to Pit, but well this isn't big deal to me. Keeping this on topic:
Ahem...

So it's finally confirmed that the infamously "fool-proof" Palutena-leak was actually... a way too well-done fake.

I'm so damn happy you made it despite this
Well as anyone suspected after the confirmation the leak is fake, but this was a hope for all of us for so much time, I am glad this existed we use this way to much appart from Sakurai bias to counter retractors. It is fake now but at the time it gave us hope.

Regarding special I think some people are going over the top with them, yeah they can be useful, they can chance how the character plays a bit, but in the end the character is determined by her other attributes, that said I find Reflect Barrier really useful I have yet to see the ending lag but so far this attack is both a spacer and a reflector.

After this no one can complain about Sakurai bias

Fiend Cauldrom is totally different to Fiend Scale and the intensity is also called different in both games #Sarcasm

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord
Well people don't now if you are aware but at this point it is 99% likely Dark Pit is indeed a clone in the game, I am having mixing feelings since he is too similar to Pit, but well this isn't big deal to me. Keeping this on topic:

Well as anyone suspected after the confirmation the leak is fake, but this was a hope for all of us for so much time, I am glad this existed we use this way to much appart from Sakurai bias to counter retractors. It is fake now but at the time it gave us hope.

Regarding special I think some people are going over the top with them, yeah they can be useful, they can chance how the character plays a bit, but in the end the character is determined by her other attributes, that said I find Reflect Barrier really useful I have yet to see the ending lag but so far this attack is both a spacer and a reflector.

After this no one can complain about Sakurai bias

Fiend Cauldrom is totally different to Fiend Scale and the intensity is also called different in both games #Sarcasm
I don't see why anyone would have a problem with this sort of thing Sakurai has (usually) really good ideas and I'm glad another good part of Uprising was brought over.
Playable Dark Pit clone in Smash however... TERRIBLE idea.

Last edited:

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
I definitely love the real thing more. Palutena just stands there like a boss like she is saying "Bow to me." In a Graceful way.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I don't see why anyone would have a problem with this sort of thing Sakurai has (usually) really good ideas and I'm glad another good part of Uprising was brought over.
I probably won't like him even if he wasn't a clone. And if he's in, what will happen to Brawl's black Pit costume, or will Pit even get a black costume this time? *eyetwitch* I'm getting scared and annoyed with these leaks now (cept the Palutena one).

@ kmpyj kmpyj Now that's that real beauty and elegance, both Palutena, and Pit. <3 We need more of this, more Palutena though since this is the Palutena forums.

Burigu

Smash Ace
Well I agree Sakurai always brings back formulas and concepts from past games, my first experience with Sakurai's games was Kirby Super Star 8 games in 1 for the SNES and the Sound Test was a great idea I am not saying he was the first to do it but sometimes I only left the SNES on with the music playing.

In Smash we got Kirby's:
  • Dash run mechanics
  • Shield mechanics
  • Traspasable platforms
  • Dash attacks are also reminicent of Kirby Super Star attacks
And no people complained about them or about his bias now people complain about Sakurai bringing way too much KIU stuff even if they are just mechanics first seen in that game, so Sakurai isn't allowed to bring back past mechanics out of fear that people will complain about his "bias"? I find that a ridiculous.

About characters I can understand him favoring series and characters he is familiar with and it is undestandable, I am a Yoshi main and you don't see me complaining how there is too little Yoshi in the game, I don't ask for more enemies. It's is easier for a developer to work with the characters he had worked on so I am ok with the "lack of Yoshi" or other series and the tons of Kirby and Kid Icarus.

About Dark Pit well I hate the idea of him being in this game. I don't hate him as a character I am totally neutral there but he simply is too similar to Pit, supporters claimed Dark Pit could have an unique moveset but right now that idea is out of the window since he is next to Lucina and Dr. Mario in the "full clone" section. So he is both conceptually and moveset boring. His inclusion can be compared to making a Red Yoshi playable appart from Yoshi, simply way to similar to the original. That is why I am still dissapointed by his inclusion and Dr. Mario's when Medusa is by far a more interesting option (even as a clone). I am simply not that kind of fan that will like Dark Pit only because he is from a game I think is one of the best I have ever played and my hope for the next game is the return of Ice Climbers and decloning (at least) Dark Pit.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Pretty much agreed on this DP thing. Dr. Mario shouldn't have ever existed in Smash, and Lucina got lucky. The other thing that annoys me with DP is that Phosphora coulda been a cooler fighter who definitely would be no clone, but I know she's an AT.

Pit and Palutena shoulda been the only playable KI characters, and all this leak garbage is slowing the site down and such. -_-

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Not a big fan of Dark Pit being a playable character either. Him and Dr.Mario should of been alternate costumes. I honestly think a 3rd Kid Icarus rep wasn't necessary, but if there had to be one, it should of been Medusa or Hades, mostly Medusa, being the original villain and all. Still, I think we have an okay roster.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I think he's honestly just SakuraiBiasDoc. (Pittoo)

After all, getting upgraded from an color palette to a full character (because obviously there has to be more darker versions of the protagonists as characters), to a fighter over so many more potential characters or potentially eating away representational material from other series...
:facepalm:

Seriously, I expect Sakurai to have big responsibility to pick up the series on his wings from now on. At the end, I'd be pissed off on him if this all ended just a mere "phase" to him, just because Kid Icarus turned to Smash Bros Uprising in his mind.

We really were better off with only Palutena and Pit. Hell, Medusa deserved to be a character even more than Pittoo IMO, at the end she was part of the original Kid Icarus-trio and one of the oh-so-few female villains Nintendo ever created.

Even worse is that this makes Lucina like "Female Marth" when next to Doc and Pittoo.

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
I'm still seeing the leak as fake.. Wait where are the pictures for the damage percentages of the characters?
Like the grass that was in that Mario game where peach would pick up pieces of grass? Seems like a rather strange choice for an item..

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Dark Pit and Doc are amazing though. :ohwell:

Clones are always better than the originals. Or at least most of the time.

Kid Icarus songs I hope get in smash?

1: The Space Pirate Ship
2: The Lightning Chariot

The ending of the Lightning Chariot is so good. I play the whole level just to hear the ending.

BlackMagicMaster

Smash Rookie
let's not forget where Dark pit actually came from. his first appearance in a game was as a palette swap for pit. if Dark Pit is actually a real character in SSB4, then the characters are going downhill at mach speed.

Burigu

Smash Ace
I kept thinking Main Theme/Underworld theme would be either for Zelda or Mario, but interesting how it might pertain on KI too!

I haven't touched my Uprising for ages, and have forgotten about the soundtrack. I hope for Aurum Island-tune though. That was really memorable.
Sorry to requote you again on this but I just notice that Mario's theme is called "Underground theme" not Underworld so there is still hope on that it is KI related

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
let's not forget where Dark pit actually came from. his first appearance in a game was as a palette swap for pit. if Dark Pit is actually a real character in SSB4, then the characters are going downhill at mach speed.
Hey. Dark Pit is cool.

So shut up.... guy with.... Dark Pit avatar..... :awesome:

Reila

There is no "if", the leak is real and Dark Pit IS a playable character in the new Smash.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Sigh, I hate this leak talk. I'm still saying WAIT til September 12/13 when Japan gets the game, and then we'll see if it's really real, as I still say there's such things are high-quality well-done, but still fake leaks. I mean look at how long it took for the literally godly Palutena leak to finally be beaten despite it being so believable.

So again, it's better to wait...*eyetwitch* ...And we need more Palutena data soon. The recent screenshots of her were great, but I crave more, especially her close to Pit... and maybe different costume colors?

Reila

But... The leak is obviously real. It is one thing to fake one or two pictures, it is another entirely different thing to fake various videos. Not to mention the pictures of the day of this week share content with the leaked pictures. I understand wanting to be skeptical, but at this point considering the leak anything but real is silly.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I will not accept it til I see the true footage when the game's actually out. I'll actually be furious if it is true, and will have new punching bags if it is.
*feels sad* Sigh... Why must I be so disappointed and hurt, even when Palutena's with us? :(

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I hope they say the same crap they said about Palutena's trailer, about Shulk's. His was much worse.
I must agree. It was shorter, some guy appeared at the end just like Dark Pit did in Palutena's trailer, and though it seemed to show off some specials or w/e, I'm pretty sure he has some sort of Counter move... because apparently we DON'T have enough of them! *eyetwitch* I'm already irritated by the character himself... how many sword characters do we have to have!? That annoying leak didn't help, either.
Bowser running and roaring (and looking at the butterfly) was literally the only part I liked.

The only main difference is that Palutena's trailer was longer thanks to that battle Pit v Link battle, and that Palutena was shown at the beginning, which actually wasn't a bad thing to me.

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I must agree. It was shorter, some guy appeared at the end just like Dark Pit did in Palutena's trailer, and though it seemed to show off some specials or w/e, I'm pretty sure he has some sort of Counter move... because apparently we DON'T have enough of them! *eyetwitch* I'm already irritated by the character himself... how many sword characters do we have to have!? That annoying leak didn't help, either.
Bowser running and roaring (and looking at the butterfly) was literally the only part I liked.

The only main difference is that Palutena's trailer was longer thanks to that battle Pit v Link battle, and that Palutena was shown at the beginning, which actually wasn't a bad thing to me.
Yeah on the leak, I'm honestly really mad Rosalina and Luma, Dr. Mario, and Dark Pit are most likely going to be on the roster without Lucas, Wolf, and the Climbers. I'm not even a Lucas fan, and I love Dr. Mario, but him being in before Lucas and Wolf is stupid.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Yeah on the leak, I'm honestly really mad Rosalina and Luma, Dr. Mario, and Dark Pit are most likely going to be on the roster without Lucas, Wolf, and the Climbers. I'm not even a Lucas fan, and I love Dr. Mario, but him being in before Lucas and Wolf is stupid.
Same. At least keep Wolf, as we would need some villains, though the Final Smash would have to change. Dr Mario and Dark Pit would be 2 characters I'd never support, and all this leak garbage has ruined my moods, despite us having Palutena. I was afraid of this kinda curse. Rosters and Leaks, they really are the 2 most toxic topics (try saying Toxic Topics 5 times fast) ever when it comes to games almost being out.

And here I am just craving even more Palutena data, but with more and more characters shown and such, she may not get another PotD... At least that one 5 min vid showed Pit using Daybreak on FD, which also showed an FD version of Reset Bomb Forest, not to mention the site surely showing Phosphora as an Assist Trophy. She shoulda been the 3rd KI rep. At least she wouldn't be or look like a clone.
I'm sorry for all my anger though, but today's little reveal + the obnoxious leak talk really hurts.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Let's not be too harsh on the other fans. They're still fans of Smash, same as the rest of us. I can only imagine that future information will make things all the better. Just have faith, y'know?

I'm honestly pretty stoked to have Lady Buddytena on board. I always said that, as long as she and Pit are in the game, I'll accept whatever else may come. I see no reason to change that! I'm just happy for the people who've got what they want so they can all share in our joy and elation! ^_^

Last edited:
Top Bottom