• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Despite Palutena being with us, there's still potentially ridiculous choices that can happen afterwards. Dr Mario would be one of them. I just wished we didn't have much clones, and it took a while for me to get used to there being a 2nd Link in the game. Only other thing keeping me calm now is that there's worse choices out there.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Absolutely, and I respect that. I would suggest focusing less on the negatives and more so on the positives: just think how great it must be to be a Shulk fan today! Or how much the reveal trailer has had a profound impact upon other fans - have you seen the Duck Hunt Dog forum?

Just have faith. It's going to be alright. Sakurai isn't doing anything to disappoint or incense people. He just wants everybody to be happy in their own personal way. ;3

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Everything that isn't Kid Icarus or Bowser to me atm is negative for the most part. I'm in this phase where I demand a surge of what I desire for data, hopefully that will help me improve as a player.

The last straw if is that dog, Mewtwo, or Ridley is playable. If I see one of them, I will go ballistic despite being a follower of light. ;-;
And yes, I'm still mostly trying to get past the 5 stages of depression or whatever. Team Skyworld is trying to help.

EDIT: At least a vid confirms Reset Bomb Forest having an FD version, and got to see Pit use the Daybreak, if I haven't said that already.

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
Everything that isn't Kid Icarus or Bowser to me atm is negative for the most part. I'm in this phase where I demand a surge of what I desire for data, hopefully that will help me improve as a player.

The last straw if is that dog, Mewtwo, or Ridley is playable. If I see one of them, I will go ballistic despite being a follower of light. ;-;
And yes, I'm still mostly trying to get past the 5 stages of depression or whatever. Team Skyworld is trying to help.

EDIT: At least a vid confirms Reset Bomb Forest having an FD version, and got to see Pit use the Daybreak, if I haven't said that already.
Palutena was also shown using Auto Reticle to support even more the idea that is her one of her defaults

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Palutena was also shown using Auto Reticle to support even more the idea that is her one of her defaults
I saw that bit. It looks like she can use the move slightly below once per second, sort of like Pika's neutral-B, and that's a good spam rate for a burst of 3 projectiles if you me.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
I'm only concerned about dr Mario and the dog getting in.. if there is to be a melee returning character imo it should be someone that is the most deserving to get it..

Also there was a picture that caught my attention that was released Tuesday and wanted to talk about but wasn't sure if it would need is own thread.. though i can't post it as easily since I'm using my phone atm (phone has problems with browsers..) I set it as my current avi... it looks like she's using one of her specials in midair but i can't tell which one it is...

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm only concerned about dr Mario and the dog getting in.. if there is to be a melee returning character imo it should be someone that is the most deserving to get it..

Also there was a picture that caught my attention that was released Tuesday and wanted to talk about but wasn't sure if it would need is own thread.. though i can't post it as easily since I'm using my phone atm (phone has problems with browsers..) I set it as my current avi... it looks like she's using one of her specials in midair but i can't tell which one it is...
I must agree with you. I actually dread those 2 more than Dark Pit, even if one of them replaces those evil Ice Climbers. I also wished no one from Melee returned.

It's from one of the screenshot dumps which had some Palutena in it. I can't tell what it is, but I would think she's preparing an F-air or something, but don't quote me on it just yet. I actually have asked some ppl that when they get the JP version of the game, that they can display the whole moveset (and costumes) for Palutena to see what other moves not shown in her trailer are like.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
It's from one of the screenshot dumps which had some Palutena in it. I can't tell what it is, but I would think she's preparing an F-air or something, but don't quote me on it just yet. I actually have asked some ppl that when they get the JP version of the game, that they can display the whole moveset (and costumes) for Palutena to see what other moves not shown in her trailer are like.
I didn't see her angelic symbol when she used her Nair in her trailer.. though they could have added it later in her development, have it for her other aerials, or was being blocked by the Characters being hit..My guess is either the startup for either lightweight, or super speed..

Last edited:

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
I'm just watching the Smash Preview from Japan, and I am just flipping out!!!! Every time I see Palutena in action, they always show the same moves we already know. Not that there bad, but I just want to see something new for my girl. My hype level is over 9000!!!! I'm suppose to be getting Smash Bros early, but even with that date I still can't wait. ;_;

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I know I wanna see more of my poor Palutena either, and I can't wait myself. *feels sad* D:
I must see her other moves and such, and definitely the costumes. Only thing I got outta it was her Autoreticle spam rate.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
And I want to see how elegant her other throws are. Any move we haven't seen, I need to see. D:

Burigu

Smash Ace
Do you think classic Palutena is going to be an alt costume? or it is going to get just a recolor reference like Skyward Sword Link?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
A recolor + the dress being lower like in the classic version would be a great choice. A Viridi-themed one is also a potential good choice.

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
Well, I have some good news....sorta. I was on the Japanese E-Shop today, and Nintendo finally added Smash for the 3DS on the section of upcoming games (was not there before.) It's going to cost me 5,616 yen. That's not bad because I have a little over 7,000 yen in my wallet. It was also confirmed to have a midnight launch so I really will be getting it on the 12th. It also came with 3 pictures (all in 3D surprisingly) but one stood out to me the most:

Could this be the possible starting roster? If so, then yay I'm glad I can hop right into the game with Palutena, but sadden because most of the characters are unlocked already. Or at least, the ones that I think should be locked.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
@ kmpyj kmpyj Please show us Palutena, her costumes, her moves, taunts, and all the data we need in the Training Mode when it's time. I'm eager to watch it on YT or even on stream as well, and even adjust my sleep habit so I can see it as quickly as possible. D:

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
Well, I have some good news....sorta. I was on the Japanese E-Shop today, and Nintendo finally added Smash for the 3DS on the section of upcoming games (was not there before.) It's going to cost me 5,616 yen. That's not bad because I have a little over 7,000 yen in my wallet. It was also confirmed to have a midnight launch so I really will be getting it on the 12th. It also came with 3 pictures (all in 3D surprisingly) but one stood out to me the most:

Could this be the possible starting roster? If so, then yay I'm glad I can hop right into the game with Palutena, but sadden because most of the characters are unlocked already. Or at least, the ones that I think should be locked.
Well I have the impresion that some of the characters revealed are indeed secret, this image shows eveybody revealed so far minus Lucina for some reason, so it could go either way, but if this is indeed the inicial roster it is just masive.

Also on the costumes a Viridi's dress recolor seems like a good option, I am not sure if making Palutena blonde is going to happen I am ok with only the dress making an alusion to Viridi.

Edit: picture link got broken or removed

Last edited:

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
@ kmpyj kmpyj Please show us Palutena, her costumes, her moves, taunts, and all the data we need in the Training Mode when it's time. I'm eager to watch it on YT or even on stream as well, and even adjust my sleep habit so I can see it as quickly as possible. D:
Need not fret. I got you covered.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053

That's one of her up specials, teleport.

Burigu

Smash Ace
Probably all of you already knows this but o well just in case, in Boards front page they label her a Goddess but I just checked the official site and that is not part of her info so I deleated that part.

Official site intro:

"Phosphora first appeared in Kid Icarus: Uprising. This cool beauty will soar through the sky at high speed and shoot lightning bolts. Attacking her will make her flinch, but you cannot defeat her".

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Probably all of you already knows this but o well just in case, in Boards front page they label her a Goddess but I just checked the official site and that is not part of her info so I delated that part

Phophora's implied to be a nymph or dryad of some description, being a spirit of nature and all. In Greek mythology, nymphs and dryads are lesser deities and embodiments of nature: they are immortal and don't age or die like human beings as well as possessing supernatural powers and being able to consort with gods and humans alike on equal terms.

Of course, this contributes nothing to the actual data, and I don't think Phosphora's ever canonically referred to as a goddess. Immortal and super-powerful, sure, but not necessarily true to the actual game. I just wanted to be a Greek mythology nerd. ;3

Good catch, that man.

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
Phophora's implied to be a nymph or dryad of some description, being a spirit of nature and all. In Greek mythology, nymphs and dryads are lesser deities and embodiments of nature: they are immortal and don't age or die like human beings as well as possessing supernatural powers and being able to consort with gods and humans alike on equal terms.

Of course, this contributes nothing to the actual data, and I don't think Phosphora's ever canonically referred to as a goddess. Immortal and super-powerful, sure, but not necessarily true to the actual game. I just wanted to be a Greek mythology nerd. ;3

Good catch, that man.
Well I am aware what dryads are I love mytologhy of any kind that is why I like Age of Mythologhy a lot, Phosphora is only called by her rank as Commander Phosphora by Viridi, when I checked the front page, the text describes Phosphora as a goddess under Viridi so I thought that came from an official source, it was until I checked the official website that I released the goddess part was added by the writter, at first I was happy that Phosphora got recognoized as a goddess by an official source, but quickly saw it wasn't the case so I edited out that part of my post.

It is funny how a similar character like Pandora is a goddess but Phosphora isn't considering one when Phosphora even defeated a god (Thanatos).

But to keep this on topic, Palutena we are one week and 6 days away from you

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Well I am aware what dryads are I love mytologhy of any kind that is why I like Age of Mythologhy a lot, Phosphora is only called by her rank as Commander Phosphora by Viridi, when I checked the front page, the text describes Phosphora as a goddess under Viridi so I thought that came from an official source, it was until I checked the official website that I released the goddess part was added by the writter, at first I was happy that Phosphora got recognoized as a goddess by an official source, but quickly saw it wasn't the case so I edited out that part of my post.

It is funny how a similar character like Pandora is a goddess but Phosphora isn't considering one when Phosphora even defeated a god (Thanatos).

But to keep this on topic, Palutena we are one week and 6 days away from you
Yeah, it's a wee bit arbitrary, but I don't think it diminishes anything of the actual mythos itself. Phosphora's on par with any of the holy rollers, and that's good enough for me! ;3

I'm really, really excited for Ladypal to be revealed to us. We have no tangible idea as to how her fighting style plays and how her specials complement her abilities - it'll be great fun to finally see her in action!

Last edited:

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
This may be such a dumb question, but were you able to attack the assist trophies in brawl? I don't recall being able to do that.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
At least she's taller than Pit, and she should be 5'10 according to her standard game height compared to Pit's 5'3, but that's okay to me. Then again, Samus was meant to be like 6'3 and yet Pit's close to her height. Smash height is weird.

Last edited:

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
At least she's taller than Pit, and she should be 5'10 according to her standard game height compared to Pit's 5'3, but that's okay to me. Then again, Samus was meant to be like 6'3 and yet Pit's close to her height. Smash height is weird.
Very weird, lol.

Krazy4Krash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpongeBev
I achieved something today:

I was hoping to get this done by the time Smash Brothers 3DS comes out, and I'm satisfied for doing so. I've been playing this game a truckload since I got it last year, and have now done everything there is to do except collect all powers and max out Viridi's offering counter. The former task is pure luck (I only have some Together Mode power remaining), and the latter task is simply grinding for hearts, of which I've done plenty up to this point. The toughest challenges like beating Boss Battles on hard and converting weapon gems are already behind me.

Burigu

Smash Ace
I achieved something today:

I was hoping to get this done by the time Smash Brothers 3DS comes out, and I'm satisfied for doing so. I've been playing this game a truckload since I got it last year, and have now done everything there is to do except collect all powers and max out Viridi's offering counter. The former task is pure luck (I only have some Together Mode power remaining), and the latter task is simply grinding for hearts, of which I've done plenty up to this point. The toughest challenges like beating Boss Battles on hard and converting weapon gems are already behind me.
Congratulations I thought of doing this too until I released I don't want to only see Palutena's face so I stopped in a point where she is fully displayed and is close enough to see her clearly.
Through I am greeding for hearts too right now I am past 4500000

Krazy4Krash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpongeBev
Congratulations I thought of doing this too until I released I don't want to only see Palutena's face so I stopped in a point where she is fully displayed and is close enough to see her clearly.
Through I am greeding for hearts too right now I am past 4500000
What's your method for grinding for hearts? I do playthroughs of Chapter 11 (Viridi's first chapter). With a +3 Heart Bonus weapon modifier and level 4 Heart Booster power on 9.0 intensity, I can get over 130,000 hearts in one run. Here's a pic I snapped before meeting Cragalanche one time:

I find it to be relatively easy, especially if you pack in Instant Death Attack. That's the perfect power for beating green Jitterthugs, who require a high melee stat otherwise. The chapter also has a Rare Treasurefish in it, which gives over 37,000 hearts just on its own if you use the Heart Booster power in the conditions I mentioned above. There's also a Souflee that gives over 15,000 hearts. Have fun getting rich. :p

A lot of people like Chapter 20 (Palutena's Temple) for grinding, but I think that's better for loot than hearts.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
With today's PotD showing off Samus's 8 costumes and actually confirming that every character will have 8 costumes now, it opens so many possibilities for Palutena now! Medusa and/or Viridi inspired colors? Maybe so.

We're also blessed with 2 new songs added to the site, one being the Kid Icarus one.

It's definitely sounding like a merge of portions of the air battles of Chapters 11 and 12, let alone the song name is the same name as Chapter 12's. I approve.

Burigu

Smash Ace
What's your method for grinding for hearts? I do playthroughs of Chapter 11 (Viridi's first chapter). With a +3 Heart Bonus weapon modifier and level 4 Heart Booster power on 9.0 intensity, I can get over 130,000 hearts in one run. Here's a pic I snapped before meeting Cragalanche one time:

I find it to be relatively easy, especially if you pack in Instant Death Attack. That's the perfect power for beating green Jitterthugs, who require a high melee stat otherwise. The chapter also has a Rare Treasurefish in it, which gives over 37,000 hearts just on its own if you use the Heart Booster power in the conditions I mentioned above. There's also a Souflee that gives over 15,000 hearts. Have fun getting rich. :p

A lot of people like Chapter 20 (Palutena's Temple) for grinding, but I think that's better for loot than hearts.
Well I am more tradicional I use Laser Claws with +3 heart modifier and play from chapter 1 to 25 using heart booster here and there, I just like to do that because I get plenty of weapons for my fusions. I play in 9.0 intensity and have beat every character in that level baring "The three trials" (too many enemies and bosses).

With today's PotD showing off Samus's 8 costumes and actually confirming that every character will have 8 costumes now, it opens so many possibilities for Palutena now! Medusa and/or Viridi inspired colors? Maybe so.

We're also blessed with 2 new songs added to the site, one being the Kid Icarus one.

It's definitely sounding like a merge of portions of the air battles of Chapters 11 and 12, let alone the song name is the same name as Chapter 12's. I approve.
This theme is so asociated with Viridi it's like her theme. Glad we are getting remixes, I feared that the music in KIU is so good that Sakurai might take the easy route and recicle the songs

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Been a long while I played Uprising. I still wish to grind for hearts but I think I need to take a plenty dedicated time with Uprising in order to get started. I still have below-average weapons for grinding. Thanks @ Krazy4Krash Krazy4Krash for the tips though!

That song is neat really, as much as I haven't even bothered to listen the entire soundtrack after the first clearthrough. Dunno why exactly. (-o^o-)

But the nostalgia is there still.

Also, what if Medusa was Palutena's Alt akin to Alph for Olimar or Villagers?

I already ship Lyn with Takamaru but it seems like I can pair this gal with Elecman.
:smirk:

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
Been a long while I played Uprising. I still wish to grind for hearts but I think I need to take a plenty dedicated time with Uprising in order to get started. I still have below-average weapons for grinding. Thanks @ Krazy4Krash Krazy4Krash for the tips though!

That song is neat really, as much as I haven't even bothered to listen the entire soundtrack after the first clearthrough. Dunno why exactly. (-o^o-)

But the nostalgia is there still.

Also, what if Medusa was Palutena's Alt akin to Alph for Olimar or Villagers?

I already ship Lyn with Takamaru but it seems like I can pair this gal with Elecman.
:smirk:
That is an odd but sparkling pairing.

Regarding the Medusa skin I am not enterely sure it is viable

Palutena is depicted right handed while Medusa is left

this was made on purpose to reflect even more the duality of Light and Dark in Uprising, Palutena is right handed in Smash as well.

If they decide to ignore that detail the Mirror Shield is still an issue since obviously Medusa lacks it and their staffs are way to different so hitboxes are an issue. But what I can expect is a Palutena recolor that makes reference to Medusa.

In the case of Olimar and Alph they are simply to similar design wise that this makes sense. I am not discarting this idea completely but I don't see it as viable.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I actually never knew they wielded their staffs with the opposite hand. Regardless, I expect a lot of good things for the Goddess of Light. Idk what else to say atm, but at least we're only a few days away til the chaos ends.
Speaking of which, you know that thing with the "9DAYS" thing or something like what we did with Palutena coming at e3? You think we can get a mix of Pit and Palutena in one of those, or at least Palutena happening once we reach 5 days ago, to hype up her gameplay?

Top Bottom