• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
As long as one of em is high tier, I'm set. If both are, then that's even better, to show that team Skyworld is definitely formidable. Look at that Heavenly Light. Really, look at it. So angelic. It makes me think of more amazing art for those 2. <3

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
I want to know everything* about the game ASAP. Can't wait for someone to get their hands on a copy to leak stuff to us.

* = All character, stages and musics.
so true, i don't even care anymore ! i need to know everything already

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
so true, i don't even care anymore ! i need to know everything already
Yep, and that's why I want plenty of Pit and Palutena data to be a great player early via research and observation. Japan can make it happen.
And welcome to the heavenly field of Palutena!

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
Yep, and that's why I want plenty of Pit and Palutena data to be a great player early via research and observation. Japan can make it happen.
And welcome to the heavenly field of Palutena!
well thank you sir. I'm in the same boat with peach ! except in her case it's all bits and pieces, nothing solid
luckily pit was playable at e3, sdcc, best buy, and more. palutena & peach are too beautiful to be playable at those events though
thanks for the welcome ! palutena was my #1 want for smash all the way back when the game was announced e3 2013
:4palutena:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
well thank you sir. I'm in the same boat with peach ! except in her case it's all bits and pieces, nothing solid
luckily pit was playable at e3, sdcc, best buy, and more. palutena & peach are too beautiful to be playable at those events though
thanks for the welcome ! palutena was my #1 want for smash all the way back when the game was announced e3 2013
I do what is right for the heavens in some ways. In due time, we'll be able to see more of our chosen gals, who probably were still in a bit of development. Iirc, Palutena's face shown in recent snapshot bundles is slightly more polished than her looks in the trailer, but I personally need more data on her quickly. While it is likely that I'll be working solo after a previous incident in trying to improve Pit in Brawl years ago (I blame the elitists).
Palutena was the only newcomer I cared for, and I'm glad she's with us. There better be a gold costume for her to go with my amazing gold Pit.

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
I do what is right for the heavens in some ways. In due time, we'll be able to see more of our chosen gals, who probably were still in a bit of development. Iirc, Palutena's face shown in recent snapshot bundles is slightly more polished than her looks in the trailer, but I personally need more data on her quickly. While it is likely that I'll be working solo after a previous incident in trying to improve Pit in Brawl years ago (I blame the elitists).
Palutena was the only newcomer I cared for, and I'm glad she's with us. There better be a gold costume for her to go with my amazing gold Pit.
aw you're so dedicated ! i'd love to see those "snapshots" ! do you have a link to them ?
are they those 32 images of captain falcon, robin, and lucina ?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
aw you're so dedicated ! i'd love to see those "snapshots" ! do you have a link to them ?
are they those 32 images of captain falcon, robin, and lucina ?
When I'm focused, I can be determined. That's how Pit was my Brawl main since day 1.
I forgot the thread, but it's probably hiding in the "Wii U" area somewhere in the non-stickied threads. I know one of those bundles has those 3 characters that you mentioned, which do not interest me. My only focus is Pit, Palutena, and a tiny bit of Bowser.

Last edited:

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
When I'm focused, I can be determined. That's how Pit was my Brawl main since day 1.
I forgot the thread, but it's probably hiding in the "Wii U" area somewhere in the non-stickied threads. I know one of those bundles has those 3 characters that you mentioned, which do not interest me. My only focus is Pit, Palutena, and a tiny bit of Bowser.
i looked in the wii u department .. i can't find it ! :urg: thanks anyway

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
i looked in the wii u department .. i can't find it ! :urg: thanks anyway
Sorry. It wasn't that great anyways since there was also a small bundle elsewhere with Rosalina and Mac getting attention. It angers me that they're skipping over the Goddess of Light, and I crave data.

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
Sorry. It wasn't that great anyways since there was also a small bundle elsewhere with Rosalina and Mac getting attention. It angers me that they're skipping over the Goddess of Light, and I crave data.
oh i saw those ! lame as heck. i mean, rosalina is pretty cool i guess. but little mac ? not so much.
other than those two, they showed like each character like once. palutena was in a picture, and so was peach (not enough)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
oh i saw those ! lame as heck. i mean, rosalina is pretty cool i guess. but little mac ? not so much.
other than those two, they showed like each character like once. palutena was in a picture, and so was peach (not enough)
As long as some stuff are actually for us for a change. I've always wished for a massive flow of Kid Icarus goodness, from their items to assist trophies, to plenty of Pit and Palutena goodness. That would probably keep me occupied til the game's out, along with some info of course.

Speaking of that, whatever that Famitsu or whatever that article is, they already shown a bit of those 3 recent characters, WFT, Mac, and Rosalina, but again skipping over Palutena... Or maybe they're waiting for a later issue due to her 12 unique specials?

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
As long as some stuff are actually for us for a change. I've always wished for a massive flow of Kid Icarus goodness, from their items to assist trophies, to plenty of Pit and Palutena goodness. That would probably keep me occupied til the game's out, along with some info of course.

Speaking of that, whatever that Famitsu or whatever that article is, they already shown a bit of those 3 recent characters, WFT, Mac, and Rosalina, but again skipping over Palutena... Or maybe they're waiting for a later issue due to her 12 unique specials?
i remember one of the announcers asked that nintendo rep about palutena during the 3ds tournament
the nintendo rep like, disregarded his question and was like "what people don't know about rosalina is that she can …. blah blah blah"
so he re-directed palutena attention to rosalina. they're definitely keeping secrets about her and I'm not having it

Burigu

Smash Ace
I hope they are both "high tier" but honestly before joining the site, or reading on the topic I never saw characters by tiers. I main Yoshi since Melee and have defeated friends using higher tiered, Falco and Sheik in Final Destination with no items.

About Pit and Palutena being both top tier, well we shall see, but if both end up being top, prepare yourselves for the "OMG Sakurai makes his characters OP, so unfair!"

For me I am planning on using Palutena more and I am so convinced about this that I will adapt to any playstyle or weakness she might have, even if she is of the worst characters in the game, half of the characters I main are low tier and I have beat up tons of people so no reason to go with characters only because they are high tier

Last edited:

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
I hope they are both "high tier" but honestly before joining the site, or reading on the topic I never saw characters by tiers. I main Yoshi since Melee and have defeated friends using higher tiered, Falco and Sheik in Final Destination with no items.

About Pit and Palutena being both top tier, well we shall see, but if both end up being top, prepare yourselves for the "OMG Sakurai makes his characters OP, so unfair!"

For me I am planning on using Palutena more and I am so convinced about this that I will adapt to any playstyle or weakness she might have, even if she is of the worst characters in the game, half of the characters I main are low tier and I have beat up tons of people so no reason to go with characters only because they are high tier
yea I don't really like tier lists either, coming from a peach main & zelda second main ever since melee came out.
People always ask me who I think the worst character in the game is and I always say "nobody" because It's true.
I too plan on using palutena whether she's considered awful or the greatest. I mean, look at her
she was my number one want for this game, so nothing is going to stop me from playing as her

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Welcome aboard IJP!

I wonder if to start reworking up the OP due it being so heavily outdated. (-l^i-); In fact, I feel kinda bad for not being as active as most future mainers of Palutena. I guess because ATM she has to yet gain still more spotlight aside from ONE POTD and for some reason I didn't have time or thought to check up on her with what's all been going on deep enough... how ironic.

Palutena being OP would be pretty logical...

Meta Knight gets to finally fight against a deity after a master of limitless power.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm more worried bout them being top tier for the reason that I'll be called a hypocrite mainly because for those who know me in Brawl, I considered "top tiers being for the weak or desperate" which has been a common case with MK in Brawl. However, I've chosen Pit, Palutena, and a bit of Bowser as my mains even before the Goddess of Light was confirmed. The other issue is characters being abused just because they're good ones, again, MK being a big example.

But like I said before, I've chosen my 3 characters before the game's release. Whatever their fate is, I will do what I can to not stray away from them.
That's the true dedication to Team Skyworld. :4pit::4palutena:

Last edited:

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
I'm more worried bout them being top tier for the reason that I'll be called a hypocrite mainly because for those who know me in Brawl, I considered "top tiers being for the weak or desperate" which has been a common case with MK in Brawl. However, I've chosen Pit, Palutena, and a bit of Bowser as my mains even before the Goddess of Light was confirmed. The other issue is characters being abused just because they're good ones, again, MK being a big example.

But like I said before, I've chosen my 3 characters before the game's release. Whatever their fate is, I will do what I can to not stray away from them.
That's the true dedication to Team Skyworld. :4pit::4palutena:
i mean if you don't want any trouble this time around, just don't mention tier lists or character selections being desperate.
im a peach main, so i get the whole tier list is garbage thing.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
i mean if you don't want any trouble this time around, just don't mention tier lists or character selections being desperate.
im a peach main, so i get the whole tier list is garbage thing.
The other issue is the egos and arrogance of many players, which the majority happen to be top tier users/mains, increasing my hatred for the higher ups almost if not to the point that I have a grudge against them. I expect to have a similar mindset in this game due to my temper, but we will see who I have to hate due to tiers.

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
The other issue is the egos and arrogance of many players, which the majority happen to be top tier users/mains, increasing my hatred for the higher ups almost if not to the point that I have a grudge against them. I expect to have a similar mindset in this game due to my temper, but we will see who I have to hate due to tiers.
oh my god yea, i have this burning hatred for like anything to do with star fox characters
they're so annoying in my opinion, maybe it's the fact that they're actually cocky and obnoxious characters in the game,
or maybe it's because they're so perfect and all around good fighters, they're almost flawless.
they have high jumps, strong attacks, good recoveries, fast projectiles, reflectors, and more. it's just gross.
hated them ever since melee

Last edited:

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
oh my god yea, i have this burning hatred for like anything to do with star fox characters
they're so annoying in my opinion, maybe it's the fact that they're actually cocky and obnoxious characters in the game,
or maybe it's because they're so perfect and all around good fighters, they're almost flawless.
they have high jumps, strong attacks, good recoveries, fast projectiles, reflectors, and more. it's just gross.
hated them ever since melee
I used to like the Star Fox troop well enough until my best friend proceeded to royally wipe the floor with me with Fox. It'd be one thing if he beat me merely by playing well and with varying characters (because we play in a more casual/party style), but he beat the crap out of me and spammed that God awful "LANDMASTER!" Ugh. I play to have fun, but you can only take having your face handed to you so many times before it gets annoying. If I'm having a winning streak, I purposefully switch to a character I'm bad at, in order to preserve the friendship... and Imma stop there. Not the place for me to complain about my best friend because we're like an old married couple (where I feel like the neglected middle-aged wife, lol). Besides, I eventually got back at him with Ike. ^__^

All of that said, I'm hoping that Palutena will be another character for me to annihilate Fox with when I'm feeling my friendship frustrations (not that I do that in Brawl with Ike/Peach/Zelda... cuz that would be wrong....)

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Lol, I'm reading all these posts, and I gotta say, I am definitely in the minority here. I'm a tournament player, and I actually HOPE she is a really good character because she is so interesting to me. Since I play in tournaments, I play to win. At the very least, she will be fun character on the side to play in friendlies.

Also, I will be importing a Japanese 3DS to get Smash 4 early via e-shop, so I will keep you guys updated on Palutena specifics as she will be one of the characters I will try out.

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
Lol, I'm reading all these posts, and I gotta say, I am definitely in the minority here. I'm a tournament player, and I actually HOPE she is a really good character because she is so interesting to me. Since I play in tournaments, I play to win. At the very least, she will be fun character on the side to play in friendlies.

Also, I will be importing a Japanese 3DS to get Smash 4 early via e-shop, so I will keep you guys updated on Palutena specifics as she will be one of the characters I will try out.
:love: Sounds awesome ! Can't wait to hear from you

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
I wasn't so much into fox before, but now that they made him a more balanced character (and the new voice- everyone might hate it but I'm just over here like "WHAT A NERD, HE'S GR8 8/8")

As for tiers, I just want everyone to be as balanced as possible. It's possible for the devs to do balance patches now, so I hope if anyone's too strong or too weak they'll be put back in line. That said, I'll definitely want to use Palutena no matter what : p

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694

Must see if Palutena has gold costume. I need the data for my Uprising.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
do you think her hair will change with the color changes? I'm kinda hoping it stays green.
Gold Pit's hair has a slight tint of brown change, so I would expect Palutena's to be similar to that treatment. As long as she looks great. I've been waiting for a lot of great things for the Goddess of Light, and Pit as always.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Red Pit's hair color changed, so it's likely one of Palutena's colors will, too, with Red and Blue being great contenders.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
A funny taunt would be if Palutena conjures itself in Pseudopalutena ( but only in a short time ) and she winkers to the gamers because: '' She is so beautiful '' XD. Of course after that she conjures to the real Palutena.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Wait, that's a good question about taunts ... have we seen them all?

There's the one where she kind of hugs her shield
There's the one where she bounces her staff on the floor
There's the one where she flicks her hair

I guess the first one of those might be an idle animation instead of a taunt since, unlike the other two, it doesn't have her halo appear behind her, but the last two are definitely taunts. So maybe we have one taunt unrevealed?

Weird that for Palutena we have such little information on a lot of standard moves and on default special attacks, but we have solid knowledge of her taunts @_@

Luminario

Smash Lord
Wait, that's a good question about taunts ... have we seen them all?

There's the one where she kind of hugs her shield
There's the one where she bounces her staff on the floor
There's the one where she flicks her hair

I guess the first one of those might be an idle animation instead of a taunt since, unlike the other two, it doesn't have her halo appear behind her, but the last two are definitely taunts. So maybe we have one taunt unrevealed?

Weird that for Palutena we have such little information on a lot of standard moves and on default special attacks, but we have solid knowledge of her taunts @_@
Oh the first one you mentioned I believe is her idle animation and her other taunt is when she throws her arms up and then out to her side and her halo and wings appear (1:45 in the trailer)
But you are completely right we need more info on her moves.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Oh yea! Completely forgot about that one!

Oh man, that actually makes me a bit sad, was hoping the option of one more taunt meant a possible nerd glasses taunt.
Or I guess that could still be a victory pose ... if we're lucky ...

Luminario

Smash Lord
Oh yea! Completely forgot about that one!

Oh man, that actually makes me a bit sad, was hoping the option of one more taunt meant a possible nerd glasses taunt.
Or I guess that could still be a victory pose ... if we're lucky ...
Oh that HAS to be a victory pose cause that would be fantastic. "My X-ray specs can see through your strategies" or something funnier.

Hong

The Strongest
At last, the Famitsu information on Palutena has been released, and translated for your convenience.

Edit - Also, the special names are literal translations compared to the ones used in the trailer. The specials have not been renamed or anything.

Last edited:
Top Bottom