• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
Or maybe that's how the close up is supposed to make you think since you are capable of moving the camera that the stage doesn't look completely straight. In this case, it's more of a \ look instead of straight.
She still only goes up to his shoulder : P
I'm okay with this though. Let Rosalina and Samus bask in the high-reaching limelight.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
She still only goes up to his shoulder : P
I'm okay with this though. Let Rosalina and Samus bask in the high-reaching limelight.
Yeah, I mean we already know Lady Palutena can be whatever size she wishes, she probably didn't want to just tower over everyone and just chose a comfortable height. :shades:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
My god, it's like suddenly it became cool for people to hate on Palutena. I didn't see this much salt towards her before her actual inclusion.

I wonder if people just hate her now because she was the E3 reveal instead of [insert character of choice]

Burigu

Smash Ace
That is why I went there put her in first place and leave, normally I argue with others about flawed reasons, but I am not in the mood today.

In the end I failed I argued a lot

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm starting to many of the idiots now. Sure you can dislike a character, but apparently this growing hate is also getting on my nerves. I guess I, the 2nd in command of the Palutena support (maybe), will have to take action.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
A couple of screenshots were released today, and one of them has Palutena in it.

From the looks of it, the lights on the Boxing Ring will give her an advantage.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
A couple of screenshots were released today, and one of them has Palutena in it.

From the looks of it, the lights on the Boxing Ring will give her an advantage.
Mind showing me where all the screenshots are? I'm content with at least 1 Palutena pic, but I may be a bit disappointed if she doesn't get much else.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Ick. So Rosalina and Mac are getting the most attention of it, and they reused the WFT + Pit pic from a PotD a long time ago. When will it be Palutena's time to shine, literally? I need more data and she needs more love, aside from us Palutena supporters.
I bet if she got more screens, you'd have people going "Geez Sakurai, stop being so biased towards Kid Icarus."

Sometimes it's hard to be a fan.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I bet if she got more screens, you'd have people going "Geez Sakurai, stop being so biased towards Kid Icarus."

Sometimes it's hard to be a fan.
Beats what Fire Emblem and Sonic are going through, I think. But what can you do when there's always someone that will complain about something? Poor Palutena. :(

It'll be great once we all start winning tournaments with her. Then everyone will shut up about it. I'm planning on dedicating so much time to Smash now that I'm older. I want to make Palutena S tier.
We'll make her amazing. I'd like it better if she was high tier rather than top only because I don't want her to be abused by many millions like MK was in Brawl. In high tier, characters still get attention, but are not ultimately abused so much compared to the top.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Beats what Fire Emblem and Sonic are going through, I think. But what can you do when there's always someone that will complain about something? Poor Palutena. :(

We'll make her amazing. I'd like it better if she was high tier rather than top only because I don't want her to be abused by many millions like MK was in Brawl. In high tier, characters still get attention, but are not ultimately abused so much compared to the top.
Yeah, I realized that once I posted.

I'm wondering how much input lag Heavenly Light has. That seems like a great move to have if it doesn't have much. Back-Throw, Dash Attack, Up Smash, Heavenly Light could be a potential combo.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I imagine abusing her neutral air move a lot, kind of reminds me of Mewtwo's or Ivy's.

But yes, personally I don't care what tier she is, but I want to dedicate soo much time to making her good. And I wouldn't mind getting more involved with the community too just to make her shine.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I imagine abusing her neutral air move a lot, kind of reminds me of Mewtwo's or Ivy's.

But yes, personally I don't care what tier she is, but I want to dedicate soo much time to making her good. And I wouldn't mind getting more involved with the community too just to make her shine.
Yeah. In a way it be fun to have her low-tier and kick all the high-tiers butts with her.

Oh and for sure. When I first saw that neutral air I got excited. Remind me of Pikachu's for some reason. And Angelic Missile is sort of like Pikachu also. If that is in her standard move set it'll be very easy to adjust.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I hope some underused and underrated move gets love too. I tend to be the experimental type to make all things of a character good, like Pit's D-tilt spike back then. If customs aren't banned competitively, I look forward to using many of the specials and find ways for some to be useful in certain matchups.
I can see it now. Imagining Autoreticle and Counter, Rocket Jump (if it has super armor frames) being good against an aggressive Mac, and that's just from the data I have now. We need more data. If things go well, I'm looking to prove of potentially great use for the Goddess of Light.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I hope some underused and underrated move gets love too. I tend to be the experimental type to make all things of a character good, like Pit's D-tilt spike back then. If customs aren't banned competitively, I look forward to using many of the specials and find ways for some to be useful in certain matchups.
I can see it now. Imagining Autoreticle and Counter, Rocket Jump (if it has super armor frames) being good against an aggressive Mac, and that's just from the data I have now. We need more data. If things go well, I'm looking to prove of potentially great use for the Goddess of Light.
Yeah, it would depend on what character your fighting. I was thinking of using Jump Glide, Counter, Angelic Missile, and Celestial Fireworks as my main set. But that of course depends on what slot each move goes it.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Yeah, it would depend on what character your fighting. I was thinking of using Jump Glide, Counter, Angelic Missile, and Celestial Fireworks as my main set. But that of course depends on what slot each move goes it.
I originally want Autoreticle, Reflect Barrier, Jump Glide, and maybe Celestial Firework/Explosive Flame if it works. I just hope the community is more mature about not bashing wifi-restricted players like me this time (doubt it), because I was a highly potential Pit back then despite being wifi only, so who knows what could happen now?

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
I appreciate people who stick to their favorite characters, trivial tier lists be damned. I think that's how the game is supposed to be enjoyed. It's a character driven game, so who cares if who "sucks" and who's "OP"? Play the character you love.

(this message brought to you by a Zelda main, through and through)

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I originally want Autoreticle, Reflect Barrier, Jump Glide, and maybe Celestial Firework/Explosive Flame if it works. I just hope the community is more mature about not bashing wifi-restricted players like me this time (doubt it), because I was a highly potential Pit back then despite being wifi only, so who knows what could happen now?
Yeah. I plan on going to actual tournaments, I don't like playing WiFi. I don't want to go by Phoenix_Trite as a player anyway. Only as The Light Music Club.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I can never go to them, but I can at least inspire some to come into the light. I just need to think of how, or if I'm motivated to.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I can never go to them, but I can at least inspire some to come into the light. I just need to think of how, or if I'm motivated to.
Well I'll make sure Palutena gets know out at tournaments. With having Communication classes and a class on "Anime, J-Pop, and Manga" I think I should have enough time.

I'm having a tournament at my house on the 4th and I plan to kick butt with her.

I also agreed with my sister we are going to do Elizabethtown College vs McDaniel college. Her group at college vs mine.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well I'll make sure Palutena gets know out at tournaments. With having Communication classes and a class on "Anime, J-Pop, and Manga" I think I should have enough time.

I'm having a tournament at my house on the 4th and I plan to kick butt with her.

I also agreed with my sister we are going to do Elizabethtown College vs McDaniel college. Her group at college vs mine.
We could also use some great sig/avy makers or art in general for Palutena supporters. We must do what we can despite some of our limitations.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
We could also use some great sig/avy makers or art in general for Palutena supporters. We must do what we can despite some of our limitations.
Yeah we should try to find some people to do that. I plan on getting my Mom's help to make that Palutena shirt idea I came up with.

Then I'll shut the people up who judge me for wearing it with my skill as playing as her.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Yeah we should try to find some people to do that. I plan on getting my Mom's help to make that Palutena shirt idea I came up with.

Then I'll shut the people up who judge me for wearing it with my skill as playing as her.
I wouldn't mind having a shirt for me on my Bday (August 16). :p
I hope my creativity can prove useful for sure.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Just gonna say I REALLY love the addition of the wings to her character. (Plus those smashes look awesome.)

It was really a nice stroke of creative genius.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I love the wings, too. That's something I'd never think of. Now Pit has a friend that also has wings. It gives me more creative ideas for art.
I still don't know what else to say as we still don't have much Palutena snapshots. -_- I know Japan's getting the 3ds version on September 13th, and it better hurry. I still must see if Palutena gets a gold costume, then I can choose her along with my precious Gold Pit.

Laniv

Smash Champion
I love the wings, too. That's something I'd never think of. Now Pit has a friend that also has wings. It gives me more creative ideas for art.
Good news: Pit has a friend with wings.
Bad news: Pit has a friend who can fly on her own:troll:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I just want Pit and Palutena data, but I don't mind being spoiled a bit. Each to their own I suppose.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I want to know everything* about the game ASAP. Can't wait for someone to get their hands on a copy to leak stuff to us.

* = All character, stages and musics.

Top Bottom