• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mintendo Noodle House - Min Min Social

Favorite Min Min alts?

• Total voters

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Watched the reveal direct a couple more times to try and get a better grasp on how she plays at the moment I think Min Min might be the character I'm the most excited to play as from a pure gameplay perspective. Smash attacks in the air and on the move are real gamechangers. Think she's someone I'm really gonna want to get good at playing

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Wild speculation idea: Given how it technically remains to be seen canonically, but it's presently thought that Min Min was the fighter who actually beat Max Brass and became the ARMS champion, what if a sequel used that as a way to give her a more prominent role? Spring Man is still there, but in ARMS 2, he, and all the old and new fighters alike, climb the ranks of the ARMS league to see a new final stadium with a redesigned, possibly older looking Min Min (maybe sporting that longer hair seen in concept art?) waiting for them with some powerful new tricks and moves. As a playable character I imagine she'd still be roughly the same, but I could see them giving her some new mechanics as a boss to make her feel like a true final opponent.
Imagine if she was based on her smash appearance. Switching between ARMS mid-battle, getting up close to directly kick you, juggles and divekicks, ARMS Jumps, etc. It would be interesting to see a boss that's challenging because they play by another game's ruleset.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So, now that there's 14 unused ARMS fighters, who do you think will be the next one most people rally behind by Smash 6? The fact that they're not constrained by the usual order of importance rules makes them a lot easier to get behind, potentially.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So, now that there's 14 unused ARMS fighters, who do you think will be the next one most people rally behind by Smash 6? The fact that they're not constrained by the usual order of importance rules makes them a lot easier to get behind, potentially.
Given he was confirmed to be heavily considered, I wouldn't be surprised if Ninjara gets quite a support boost in the future

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
So far, the most jilted supporters seem to be those of Spring Man and Twintelle. Spring Man's definitely got the pity points for being Chrom'd, and Twintelle was fairly popular already. Then again, we might get new ARMS media like a comic or sequel, so some characters might do something that gains or loses them popularity, or a new character might skyrocket to stardom overnight.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Well, I think people will be inclined to make sure Min Min comes back, as that may not be a guarantee to some. Cuts are likely with the next game, both first and third party. After that, I am not sure.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Can I just say, if the crowd chant isn't "MIN MIN! FOR THE WIN WIN!", Sakurai missed a big opportunity.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Can I just say, if the crowd chant isn't "MIN MIN! FOR THE WIN WIN!", Sakurai missed a big opportunity.
On a similar note, if Xander Mobus doesn't blurt "MIN MIN... WIN WINS!" on the victory screen then what's even the point?

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
I'd say Springman due to him getting Chrom'd in the trailer and Ninjara since Sakurai brought him up as another possible inclusion

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
AYYYYYY GOT MY WORK SCHEDULE FOR NEXT WEEK AND I'M OFF ON THE 29TH YAAAAAAAAY!

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
I'd certainly expect Twintelle to get next top demand, in the west at least. She's badass, already popular, and is arguably Nintendo's most prominent black character (alongside Elma, Anthony Higgs, Marina, some Punch Out characters, and a bunch of Pokemon NPCs who I imagine wouldn't be Smash candidates anyway). I imagine support for her would flare up again in plenty of circles next game.

Spring Man also makes a lot of sense, especially as the promotion t of Min Min really subbed salt in that wound...

Also, from the Rate Their Chances thread, Lola Pop had a surprising amount of people who gave her high want scores. I don't know if that would translate into fan demand overall, but a literal clown would make for a great off-the-wall pick.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'd certainly expect Twintelle to get next top demand, in the west at least. She's badass, already popular, and is arguably Nintendo's most prominent black character (alongside Elma, Anthony Higgs, Marina, some Punch Out characters, and a bunch of Pokemon NPCs who I imagine wouldn't be Smash candidates anyway). I imagine support for her would flare up again in plenty of circles next game.

Spring Man also makes a lot of sense, especially as the promotion t of Min Min really subbed salt in that wound...

Also, from the Rate Their Chances thread, Lola Pop had a surprising amount of people who gave her high want scores. I don't know if that would translate into fan demand overall, but a literal clown would make for a great off-the-wall pick.
It also helps that Lola already has a warm reception in Japan to start with, so that's a little over half of the work being done there.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Another note I forgot to mention earlier. The new Ramen Bowl arrangement rules based on what I can hear from the direct

amageish

Smash Master
It also helps that Lola already has a warm reception in Japan to start with, so that's a little over half of the work being done there.
Definitely! I don't know if her popularity would translate into Lola Pop for Smash twitter accounts and such, but she's well-liked for sure.

I do wonder how she would have done in the Party Crash Bash had she not been pitted up against the Ramen Bomber in round one...

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I don't think Spring Man will have as much support for the next game, given that he's officially confirmed to not technically be the protagonist. Many will still want him for being the mascot, or because they like the character, but now there's not much really saying that he 'should' be in. If the comic comes out, though, that could affect things, given that he's the protagonist in that. Spring Man also gives the option for an easy Springtron echo, so if they wanted to add multiple ARMS characters, this would be an easy route to take.

Now that we have a 'normal' ARMS rep, the door seems more open for the unusual reps like Helix or Twintelle. Twintelle especially has a ton of popularity, so she seems like a fairly likely choice for the next game. Ninjara and Lola Pop also have a good amount of popularity, so I wouldn't be too surprised to see either of them (especially Ninjara, now that we know that Sakurai considered him already).

Assuming that Coyle's role gets expanded in a sequel or the comic, I could see her popularity increasing. People tend to want villains in Smash, and though Coyle is the villain of ARMS, she's pretty underutilized. Though she's heavily tied to the lore and story, she only actually makes one appearance, and it's on the highest difficulties, so many might not even encounter her story role. For the most part, she simply serves as a backstory for other characters and aspects of ARMS. Her design and personality seem to be pretty well liked, so if they made her a full on important villain, I could definitely see her support growing.

I feel like the opposite might be true for Max Brass. Many have speculated that he'll be replaced as champion by Min Min in the sequel, and if that's true, he'll lose the big thing that makes him stand out from the cast. Sure, he's still got a cool design and he's a well liked character, so he'd still have plenty of supporters, but he'd no longer be that significant to the ARMS world. He'd just be another fighter on the roster. Of course, this is all in the hypothetical circumstance that he gets replaced as champion. If he stays champion, his support will probably continue to grow.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Another note I forgot to mention earlier. The new Ramen Bowl arrangement rules based on what I can hear from the direct
Heck yeah! The original was kinda eh to me, but the new arrangement gives it the right instrumentation to check all the boxes, with alternating electric guitars, jazzy piano, and traditional Chinese instruments.
One thing that stuck out on second viewing was the alternation. Most of what I listen to lately has one main instrument and a bunch of others backing it up. With the new Ramen Bowl, it sounded like the instruments were cycling between each other instead of playing together.

Does Elma count as black? Maybe it's the art style, but I can't really define her ethnicity by looking at her. There's also the fact that she's an alien so I'm not sure where she sits.
I guess we could sorta count Rodin, too, since Nintendo partially owns Bayonetta, or at least the publishing rights to 2 and 3. Assuming we get some DLC Echoes/semiclones, I think we could work something cool out of him.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Yeah, there is a ton of art now that Min Min has been revealed for awhile.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

amageish

Smash Master
Does Elma count as black? Maybe it's the art style, but I can't really define her ethnicity by looking at her.
I guess we could sorta count Rodin, too, since Nintendo partially owns Bayonetta, or at least the publishing rights to 2 and 3. Assuming we get some DLC Echoes/semiclones, I think we could work something cool out of him.
I'd spoiler-tag that third sentence about Elma, but I agree that it is ambiguous. The general consensus seems to be that she counts though.

Yeah, Rodin would be a cool semiclone and is definitely one of the most badass ATs in the game. I'm pessimistic about the idea of further DLC right now, but he'd be awesome if that is on the table!

This really makes me want to do a Min Min closet cosplay...

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
Imagine if she was based on her smash appearance. Switching between ARMS mid-battle, getting up close to directly kick you, juggles and divekicks, ARMS Jumps, etc. It would be interesting to see a boss that's challenging because they play by another game's ruleset.
I like it, I like it. My brother suggested it'd be cool if they had her retain the dual dragon arm motif, and least to start the battle. Maybe make the dragons still mechanical but a little more regal and menacing and a little less derpy and she'd look pretty scary challenging you wielding two dragons. Maybe buff the dragon arm lazer into something akin to Mario's final Smash or Splatoon's Killer Wail, at least when she's a boss. A huge "GET OUT OF THE WAY NOW" horizon beam to keep the player on their toes.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
I'm on my university holidays so I have time to no-life practice Min Min for the week hahaha. Hopefully there's some nice buffs coming with the update too. Mewtwo, Corrin and Captain Falcon really need some help.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Min Min really was the perfect ARMS choice if I'm being honest, even if I wanted Mechanica. Easy to translate moveset, one of if not the most widely beloved character on the roster, represents her game faithfully while being a very unique and fresh face. And she's not Twintelle.

Yes I will die on the hill that Twintelle is my least favorite character in ARMS. I shouldn't judge a character by her fans but I can't help myself. Seeing her literally get blown up with my other least favorite (Kid Cobra) by Min Min was a real treat XD

To the people saying that Min Min immediately got the horny treatment too... Uh, are we on the same internet? If I recall, the genuine reaction was "haha noodle arms funny."

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Yeah, there is a ton of art now that Min Min has been revealed for awhile.

Thanks for sharing. im gonna put the first one as my avatar, it's cute.

Xeno_Emblem

Smash Rookie
Sorry I'm late to the party, but HOLY CRAP, MIN MIN FOR THE WIN WIN!!!

I honestly couldn't be happier. Out of all the ARMS characters, she was the one I wanted the most to be in Smash Bros. I had resigned myself to the notion that someone like SpringMan, Twintelle or Ninjara would get in instead. Or that they would do a 4 in 1 character like Hero or Bowser Jr and the Koopalings. Mr. Yabuki stepped up to the plate and said "RAMEN WAIFU FOR EVERYONE!!!"

I've been incredibly lucky with these last two DLC fighters. With Byleth, I thought it would be another third party character that I didn't care about or had no connection to. Thank goodness that wasn't the case.

Her moveset is perfect. Her design is perfect. The song list is essentially perfect. I feel truly blessed right now!

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
Min Min really was the perfect ARMS choice if I'm being honest, even if I wanted Mechanica. Easy to translate moveset, one of if not the most widely beloved character on the roster, represents her game faithfully while being a very unique and fresh face. And she's not Twintelle.

Yes I will die on the hill that Twintelle is my least favorite character in ARMS. I shouldn't judge a character by her fans but I can't help myself. Seeing her literally get blown up with my other least favorite (Kid Cobra) by Min Min was a real treat XD

To the people saying that Min Min immediately got the horny treatment too... Uh, are we on the same internet? If I recall, the genuine reaction was "haha noodle arms funny."
Aight fine then I'll give you the horny treatment. I'm like 85% gay but like, her smash render crisp and she is actually kind of cute tho. I could add to this but I like not getting warnings or having my posts removed and I don't know how cheeky I'm allowed to get.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I'd spoiler-tag that third sentence about Elma, but I agree that it is ambiguous. The general consensus seems to be that she counts though.

Yeah, Rodin would be a cool semiclone and is definitely one of the most badass ATs in the game. I'm pessimistic about the idea of further DLC right now, but he'd be awesome if that is on the table!

This really makes me want to do a Min Min closet cosplay...
Does it count as a spoiler by now? It's been like five years and was shown in the trailer. also i didn't know how to add spoiler tags despite it being right there i'm dumb
I like it, I like it. My brother suggested it'd be cool if they had her retain the dual dragon arm motif, and least to start the battle. Maybe make the dragons still mechanical but a little more regal and menacing and a little less derpy and she'd look pretty scary challenging you wielding two dragons. Maybe buff the dragon arm lazer into something akin to Mario's final Smash or Splatoon's Killer Wail, at least when she's a boss. A huge "GET OUT OF THE WAY NOW" horizon beam to keep the player on their toes.
Indeed. Busting out the double dragons in that way makes her seem like a flat-out raid boss. Not like Hedlok, who's just the standard game but moreso, but a full-on insurmountable challenge you must to surmount regardless.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
On that note, if ARMS ever gets involved in a non-Smash crossover, d'you think we'll get more characters beyond just Spring Man and/or Min Min?
Probably just Min Min, Spring Man, and Ribbon Girl with maybe Twintelle.

Probably Twintelle as I believe she is the 2nd most popular Arms character only behind Min Min. Myself and a lot of others will probably rally behind Twintelle next game.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Wild speculation idea: Given how it technically remains to be seen canonically, but it's presently thought that Min Min was the fighter who actually beat Max Brass and became the ARMS champion, what if a sequel used that as a way to give her a more prominent role? Spring Man is still there, but in ARMS 2, he, and all the old and new fighters alike, climb the ranks of the ARMS league to see a new final stadium with a redesigned, possibly older looking Min Min (maybe sporting that longer hair seen in concept art?) waiting for them with some powerful new tricks and moves. As a playable character I imagine she'd still be roughly the same, but I could see them giving her some new mechanics as a boss to make her feel like a true final opponent.
That would be awesome! I would be up for Min Min becoming Mike Tyson/Mr. Dream. I would love for that long hair design Min Min to be canon as that would make her sexier. :love:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I've watched thw presentation more closely and I just realized something. From what I got from the presentation is that the Dragon actually travels the farther than the Megawatt even though in the actual game the Dragon doesn't travel very far and instead shoots a huge laser. I feel like the devs wanted to give Min Min a regular old long range punch but none of her signature arms do that in the games. So they had to change how the Dragons worked to compensate for that. It still makes me feel like some other character might have been a better choice if they wanted to have a regular old punch for an attack. On the flipside, her kicks allow for a more diverse moveset in general. Which is something that other ARMS fighters aren't known for. Spring Man's signature ARMS would have been better than Min Min's but he lacks anything else besides punching making things more restricting. No matter what there was going to be difficulties since some ARMS characters are very standard and others are very specialized.

I suppose Ninjara would have been the middle ground between the basic Spring Man and the more specialized Min Min. Ninjara has a regular old punches and he's seen kicking. His teleport would have been a good recovery too.

Well dang. Even though I was a huge Spring Man supporter, watching Min Min is action makes me feel like Sakurai's gut instinct of making Ninjara a Smash character might have been on the money. But obviously Ninjara wouldn't have elicited as great of a reaction as Min Min.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
You know, for a while, I thought that :ultkirby: lacking the domino mask was odd, but then recently it clicked for me.

His biology is so adaptive that he can get around the ARMS factor's instability without any issue.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I've watched thw presentation more closely and I just realized something. From what I got from the presentation is that the Dragon actually travels the farther than the Megawatt even though in the actual game the Dragon doesn't travel very far and instead shoots a huge laser. I feel like the devs wanted to give Min Min a regular old long range punch but none of her signature arms do that in the games. So they had to change how the Dragons worked to compensate for that. It still makes me feel like some other character might have been a better choice if they wanted to have a regular old punch for an attack. On the flipside, her kicks allow for a more diverse moveset in general. Which is something that other ARMS fighters aren't known for. Spring Man's signature ARMS would have been better than Min Min's but he lacks anything else besides punching making things more restricting. No matter what there was going to be difficulties since some ARMS characters are very standard and others are very specialized.

I suppose Ninjara would have been the middle ground between the basic Spring Man and the more specialized Min Min. Ninjara has a regular old punches and he's seen kicking. His teleport would have been a good recovery too.

Well dang. Even though I was a huge Spring Man supporter, watching Min Min is action makes me feel like Sakurai's gut instinct of making Ninjara a Smash character might have been on the money. But obviously Ninjara wouldn't have elicited as great of a reaction as Min Min.
I feel you with Spring Man and Ninjara, but I'm happy with the outcome. Min Min was the Arms character I wanted and hopefully you get Spring Man or Ninjara in the next game or Season Pass 3 if that miraculously happens.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Since Min Min is an official fighter; I'm guessing there will be mods of Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, Ninjara, etc. Sure, it'd be a bit odd seeing them kick or use the Dragon Arm; but mods can only do so much.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I can't wait for the Min Min montages with Luffy in them. Oh, the One Piece references are going to be sweet in Min Min's montages.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I personally think it'll be like Haohmaru and Nakoruru; One has his face on the box art, is the protagonist, and demonstrates the mechanics of the game to newcomers, while the other is more well-known and gets the focus in crossover appearances.
On that note, if ARMS ever gets involved in a non-Smash crossover, d'you think we'll get more characters beyond just Spring Man and/or Min Min?
One dream of mine is a hypothetical Project X Zone 3, ever since 2 established Nintendo characters can get in with the presence of Chrom, Lucina and... cough “Seven”. Min Min could be a solo support unit and Dr. Coyle an enemy unit.

impossible dream: Off the Hook duo unit (yes, THAT Off the Hook from Splatoon)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

I'm fairly certain Spring Man and/or Ninjara will be a shoo-in for the next game. It's the rest that I have a slight concern for, as historically the Smash fanbase tends towards rallying behind only one specific character rather than spreading out evenly.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'm fairly certain Spring Man and/or Ninjara will be a shoo-in for the next game. It's the rest that I have a slight concern for, as historically the Smash fanbase tends towards rallying behind only one specific character rather than spreading out evenly.
I think it's amazing how much support Skull Kid get's when they're like several Zelda characters people want. All of which are decently popular.

Top Bottom