• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Minions' Revenge - A new minion comes, and an old friend returns.

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace
okay, i got it working right.

Iggy over Ness. the ankles are bent in because thats currently what are the TransN and HipN bones. should be fixable through actually having animations. and as you can also see, his size needs to be reduced a little. but the important thing is that he works on Ness. let me fix the size and i'll put the file up.

and didn't we agree that one of the other Koopalings needed to be ported elsewhere? i can't remember.
YES! now wheelie won't be alone as an earthbound character replacement. :laugh:

Also, Gemini, do you want me to Brawlify, Iggy? I kind of want to.

Roo525

Smash Ace
okay, i got it working right.

Iggy over Ness. the ankles are bent in because thats currently what are the TransN and HipN bones. should be fixable through actually having animations. and as you can also see, his size needs to be reduced a little. but the important thing is that he works on Ness. let me fix the size and i'll put the file up.

and didn't we agree that one of the other Koopalings needed to be ported elsewhere? i can't remember.
Iggy: Daddy!! Look how much I've grown!!

Well this is definately a step in the right direction. His size will have to be changed, but still it looks really cool.

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
YES! now wheelie won't be alone as an earthbound character replacement. :laugh:

Also, Gemini, do you want me to Brawlify, Iggy? I kind of want to.
Yes that would be awsome if you could do that. Also think you could help me with a couple more ness animations.. I mean I think all I need is escape, crouch and win and lose animations left then its PSA time which will also require animations. (Im talking about Toad) After I get to PSA point then ill begin work on iggy even tho I still dont know how to animate so this might be hard for me

GameWatching

Smash Ace
Yes that would be awsome if you could do that. Also think you could help me with a couple more ness animations.. I mean I think all I need is escape, crouch and win and lose animations left then its PSA time which will also require animations. (Im talking about Toad) After I get to PSA point then ill begin work on iggy even tho I still dont know how to animate so this might be hard for me

LOLWUT ??

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
lurkers and gentlemen, may i have your attention please? if you will direct your attention to the download link,

http://www.mediafire.com/?dznimjgmyzj (it's a .zip file this time, so even Serrix can actually get it this time)

i want to officially announce the release of Waddle Doo 0.0.4! (imagine loud audience going wild for it)

so i finally got to the point in animating that i can no longer have just animations and call that good, so i figured i'd release what i have and then start doing a real PSA for Waddle Doo. details are in the read me file. but i included 10 different costumes (including the original) that you can choose between, and they each have their own CSP to go with it (thanks again Kangaroogreen!). you have to apply the textures yourself, but Waddle Doo only has one texture file, so it won't be hard to figure it out.

and as for a glitch list, still can't pick up items (heavy items and smash ball is probably okay), sometimes he has weird hurtboxes (as in he can get it from across the stage), some of the hitboxes are off (the ones that were associated with Pikachu's tail), sometimes when throwing other players they glitch up (you'd know it if you see it, and i dont know if it's a permanent thing or an occasional thing, if you experience this glitch, tell me), and he might not be able to play on certain stages (it froze when i tried fighting on Hyrule Castle 64, so it might on other custom built ones, just a warning).

but one fixed glitch is that he no longer randomly disappears like he did when he was on Olimar. my theory for this is because brawl was using Waddle Doo's BodyM bone as the TransN, which isn't the case with Pikachu.

so, have fun with Waddle Doo, and wish me luck on figuring out how to use PSA, i'll need it.

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
lurkers and gentlemen, may i have your attention please? if you will direct your attention to the download link,

http://www.mediafire.com/?dznimjgmyzj (it's a .zip file this time, so even Serrix can actually get it this time)

i want to officially announce the release of Waddle Doo 0.0.4! (imagine loud audience going wild for it)

so i finally got to the point in animating that i can no longer have just animations and call that good, so i figured i'd release what i have and then start doing a real PSA for Waddle Doo. details are in the read me file. but i included 10 different costumes (including the original) that you can choose between, and they each have their own CSP to go with it (thanks again Kangaroogreen!). you have to apply the textures yourself, but Waddle Doo only has one texture file, so it won't be hard to figure it out.

and as for a glitch list, still can't pick up items (heavy items and smash ball is probably okay), sometimes he has weird hurtboxes (as in he can get it from across the stage), some of the hitboxes are off (the ones that were associated with Pikachu's tail), sometimes when throwing other players they glitch up (you'd know it if you see it, and i dont know if it's a permanent thing or an occasional thing, if you experience this glitch, tell me), and he might not be able to play on certain stages (it froze when i tried fighting on Hyrule Castle 64, so it might on other custom built ones, just a warning).

but one fixed glitch is that he no longer randomly disappears like he did when he was on Olimar. my theory for this is because brawl was using Waddle Doo's BodyM bone as the TransN, which isn't the case with Pikachu.

so, have fun with Waddle Doo, and wish me luck on figuring out how to use PSA, i'll need it.

Hey snoopy I forgot to tell you IGGY FROZE!!! D:. I tried using him on Hyrule temple and he froze up D: Hewlp me.. ALSO!!!

SLIGHT CHANGE OF PLANS ON WHICH CHARACTER I MAKE AFTER TOAD!!!!!!.

Lately ive been getting more fascinated into Iggy as you know and completely plant to work on him but then I realised. HOLY CRAP I DUNNO HOW TO ANIMATEEEE!!!! So i said why not do someone much much much easier first then work into Iggy so now here is my Schedule for characters.

Toad
Waddle Dee(Thats Right >:D)
Koopa(Green Shell)
Iggy

IN THIS ORDER

If you have any complants.. dont tell me because i wont listen..
Ill just grab waddle dee's king dedede model

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
try using him on a different stage. i'm not entirely sure why it does that, but my theory is that it's because it's not a regularly built stage, and therefore missing parts that make every model work on it. but like i said, that's just my theory on it. but i would agree on starting with an easier model to animate first. before starting Waddle Doo, i didn't know how to animate at all. well, i knew the extreme basics, but never actually done it before. so Waddle Dee would be a good beginning point for you. i'm using Dedede's Waddle Doo, so using his Waddle Dee would be easy.

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace

Don't touch the side-smash.

It's win.

I mean it.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
i wasn't planning on it. that was one more insentive to put him on Pikachu. i do like how it turned out.

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
try using him on a different stage. i'm not entirely sure why it does that, but my theory is that it's because it's not a regularly built stage, and therefore missing parts that make every model work on it. but like i said, that's just my theory on it. but i would agree on starting with an easier model to animate first. before starting Waddle Doo, i didn't know how to animate at all. well, i knew the extreme basics, but never actually done it before. so Waddle Dee would be a good beginning point for you. i'm using Dedede's Waddle Doo, so using his Waddle Dee would be easy.
the csp's and picture I got for waddle doo messed up my common5.pac file... D: Ill get a new one and try to add him first then toad 2nd. Yea well know comes with the issue of who to put waddle dee over that nobody else has.. Im thinking kirby....

Serrix

Smash Journeyman
YESH! TEH 1337 SNOOPY!!!
I'm gonna go open this in BrawlBox and see his animations...
And, will Shadow experience any... strange glitches over Samus? (D: My sis happens to like BOTH Pikachu and ZSS as her characters... now I'm gonna have to replace both!)

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
Serrix, the Shadow over Samus shouldn't have any glitches, Pikachu's and Samus's bone structures match up perfectly. though until you make new animations, Shadow will stretch to match Samus.

and Gemini, the resized animations may need a little bit of reworking (mostly Iggy floating in the air), but the model itself wasn't touched, so the one i provided earlier with him already over Ness will work fine.

resized Iggy animations (includes a FitNessMotionEtc with the 3 waits replaced): http://www.mediafire.com/?zzhydmutymm

and because you said you wanted to do him, another present, Waddle Dee (model with BodyM hexed to 2 so he won't disappear when placed on certain characters, and texture file): http://www.mediafire.com/?ojzt3fcyqql

and Gemini, you may have to change the way the CSP's are loaded into the Common5. if you change them to CMPR instead of I8 (or something like that), it will take less space and therefore shouldn't freeze.

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
Serrix, the Shadow over Samus shouldn't have any glitches, Pikachu's and Samus's bone structures match up perfectly. though until you make new animations, Shadow will stretch to match Samus.

and Gemini, the resized animations may need a little bit of reworking (mostly Iggy floating in the air), but the model itself wasn't touched, so the one i provided earlier with him already over Ness will work fine.

resized Iggy animations (includes a FitNessMotionEtc with the 3 waits replaced): http://www.mediafire.com/?zzhydmutymm

and because you said you wanted to do him, another present, Waddle Dee (model with BodyM hexed to 2 so he won't disappear when placed on certain characters, and texture file): http://www.mediafire.com/?ojzt3fcyqql

and Gemini, you may have to change the way the CSP's are loaded into the Common5. if you change them to CMPR instead of I8 (or something like that), it will take less space and therefore shouldn't freeze.
1. I cant wait till shadow is at beta form it will be so tight

2. Hmm ill try to see if I can put get iggy in there again

3. Thanks man Ill test them tomorrow due to my brother having the SD card

4. Awsome snoopy your the godfather of hacking thank you man I cant wait to try and put him on kirby

5. Ill try that out tomorrow thx I think it will work

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
I have been working on this machinima more than a week straight!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjwzz3F7GYk PFATSOS episode 3

if anyone wanna see how piranha plant and bob-omb (AND BLASTOISE!) are in action some seconds, see it xD
THAT..WAS...AWSOME.. I WANNA BE IN UR MACHINIMA >.<

I got iggy working but hes HUUUUUGGGEEE!!!! and animations dont work on him for some reason

2. Snoopy think you could add 61 bones to the waddle doo mdlo my bone add program isnt working after I add them it says error all the time

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
Well, here's that other waddle doo CSP you wanted Snoopy.

Hmm, I don't know what to do now. Someone give me an idea. :p
A. Help me with toad animations
B. Help me get waddle dee on Kirby
C. Make another minion
D. Help Pikazz make a minions machinima
E. Hewlp me with csp's and junk for waddle Dee

Btw im gunna try to have a video displaying waddle dee and toad together so wait for it....

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
he dosen't have a PSA yet but other then that, yeah.

and here is the brawlified texture of Iggy GCF.

Post the newest version of toad's model and i'll do some animations.
Awzome thx man fpr the Iggy brawlified 2

http://www.mediafire.com/?jdyzmgmztog here is toads pcs file thx for helping out and If anyone might know the solution to adding bones to waddle dee without him corrupting please tell me

Ill add iggy some time soon and take a picture

Camonsters

Smash Apprentice
Awzome thx man fpr the Iggy brawlified 2

http://www.mediafire.com/?jdyzmgmztog here is toads pcs file thx for helping out and If anyone might know the solution to adding bones to waddle dee without him corrupting please tell me

Ill add iggy some time soon and take a picture
you can only add a certian amount of bones at once or it will crash in game. Try adding something like 15 bones at a time until he has enough bones then see if he works after that.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
Thank you Kangaroo for doing that one as well.

Vmage, as of right now, Waddle Doo plays almost exactly like Pikachu, except with different animations. the PSA will be included in the next release. and by almost done, if you mean by animations and stuff you would see in every fight, then yes, pretty close (50ish%), but if you go by completed animations and PSA, then nowhere near being done (20ish%). i have 72 out of 300ish animations done, and no PSA started.

Gemini, if you used the FitNessMotionEtc i uploaded, only the Wait animations were replaced, none of the others were touched. and about Waddle Dee, since he is exactly like Waddle Doo (pretty well everything except for the textures, and how the model looks), he will be limited to having 56 bones max, and the ones left with fewer than 56 bones are Lucario (55, TransN 7), Olimar (45 TransN 1), Ice Climbers (45 TransN 2), and Samus (see note below for this, 47 TransN 2)

so what i'm thinking is this, either i can move Shadow again (and let Serrix choose who to replace, since Pikachu has more flexability than Waddle Dee), or i can get 2 Waddle Dee's and replace the Ice Climbers (the 2 Waddle Dees would be pretty cool, my opinion). i would prefer to put Waddle Dee over someone with a TransN of 2, but Samus, Ice Climbers, and Pikachu are the only ones with less than 56 bones, and Pikachu is mine. puttung him over Olimar may cause the random disappearing i had earlier with Waddle Doo, and Waddle Dee only has 11 bones, so over Lucario is basically a no.

edit: dang, ninja'd by 3 posts, maybe i should write smaller posts...

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
Thank you Kangaroo for doing that one as well.

Vmage, as of right now, Waddle Doo plays almost exactly like Pikachu, except with different animations. the PSA will be included in the next release. and by almost done, if you mean by animations and stuff you would see in every fight, then yes, pretty close (50ish%), but if you go by completed animations and PSA, then nowhere near being done (20ish%). i have 72 out of 300ish animations done, and no PSA started.

Gemini, if you used the FitNessMotionEtc i uploaded, only the Wait animations were replaced, none of the others were touched. and about Waddle Dee, since he is exactly like Waddle Doo (pretty well everything except for the textures, and how the model looks), he will be limited to having 56 bones max, and the ones left with fewer than 56 bones are Lucario (55, TransN 7), Olimar (45 TransN 1), Ice Climbers (45 TransN 2), and Samus (see note below for this, 47 TransN 2)

so what i'm thinking is this, either i can move Shadow again (and let Serrix choose who to replace, since Pikachu has more flexability than Waddle Dee), or i can get 2 Waddle Dee's and replace the Ice Climbers (the 2 Waddle Dees would be pretty cool, my opinion). i would prefer to put Waddle Dee over someone with a TransN of 2, but Samus, Ice Climbers, and Pikachu are the only ones with less than 56 bones, and Pikachu is mine. puttung him over Olimar may cause the random disappearing i had earlier with Waddle Doo, and Waddle Dee only has 11 bones, so over Lucario is basically a no.

edit: dang, ninja'd by 3 posts, maybe i should write smaller posts...
Ill put him over Ice Climbers and try to come up with a code to make PoPo by himself or maybe a psa....

Even though I added the new motion back hes still huge and only his legs move... This is weird..

Heartless cant be moved because heartless is pure pwnge. I want Waddle Dee to be by himself but a cool Idea is Spear Waddle Dee as 2 waddle dees on ice climbers just saying but yes please put him there.. Maybe I should get the resized modle anivernage gave me.. :o

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
Anivernage didn't scale the model, only the animations. and like i said, i didn't replace anything except the Wait animations, which means when Iggy moves, he will return to the giant size that his model is. you'd have to make new animations and scale them to the size the others are to make him smaller while moving.

and i could have sworn i've seen a code somewhere that makes it so Popo is alone, i'll check around for that. i think it was called 'solo Popo' or something. but it was a code that you add in the .gct that gecko loads, and then we'd have people complaining that they can't get the code to work or something likr that. i'll get Waddle Dee onto the Ice Climbers in the mean time. and i won't move Shadow then.

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
Anivernage didn't scale the model, only the animations. and like i said, i didn't replace anything except the Wait animations, which means when Iggy moves, he will return to the giant size that his model is. you'd have to make new animations and scale them to the size the others are to make him smaller while moving.

and i could have sworn i've seen a code somewhere that makes it so Popo is alone, i'll check around for that. i think it was called 'solo Popo' or something. but it was a code that you add in the .gct that gecko loads, and then we'd have people complaining that they can't get the code to work or something likr that. i'll get Waddle Dee onto the Ice Climbers in the mean time. and i won't move Shadow then.
Oooooo ok I see it now thx then.. Thx for helping me find the solo popo thing thats gunna be awsome.

Hey Camonster think you could edit my banner changing the black white and iggy to waddle doo. You dont have to just asking ^^ thx for your time

Hey serrix hows Shadow coming along he doing good? You should ask GW If hed help you with the head and the fingers hes really talented with that stuff.. That reminds me

GW how is vertexing toad to toadette doing?

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
okay, found it.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=255099

turns out it was an entire PSA project many months ago, but it's still exactly what we need. but aparently the CSS code is how it gives Popo the ability to be alone. i may try to tweak it to see if i can keep mine that i have (it has a 5th row that has the Alloys, Giga, and Trainer Independent Pokemon and ZSS all selectable), but if you only have the standard 4 row setup, then this will work perfectly. there's also a code in there that aparently lets you choose the special characters as well by holding the sheild button, but i can't get it to work, but it may be just me.

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
okay, found it.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=255099

turns out it was an entire PSA project many months ago, but it's still exactly what we need. but aparently the CSS code is how it gives Popo the ability to be alone. i may try to tweak it to see if i can keep mine that i have (it has a 5th row that has the Alloys, Giga, and Trainer Independent Pokemon and ZSS all selectable), but if you only have the standard 4 row setup, then this will work perfectly. there's also a code in there that aparently lets you choose the special characters as well by holding the sheild button, but i can't get it to work, but it may be just me.
I have a standard 4 row so this should work perfectly Thx ill put the code in later on today because my brother is using the SD at the moment to hack his wii games... Waddle Dee and Waddle Doo have to be friends on the minions revenge machinima

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
bad news time. Waddle Dee can only handle 41 bones max. which means Waddle Doo can only replace Alloys without freezing. unless it's just my computer being stupid. Gemini, can you test something? try getting 45 bones into Waddle Dee.

EDIT: upon further inspection of Waddle Dee compared to Waddle Doo, Waddle Dee's file is a little smaller, and he has one less original bone, therefore less room for extra bones. so you probably can't get more than 41 bones into Waddle Dee. so unless you want to do him over an Alloy, Waddle Dee isn't going to be able to happen. but now that we have the solo Popo stuff, maybe you can do a different minion and we can put it over Popo. just a suggestion.

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
bad news time. Waddle Dee can only handle 41 bones max. which means Waddle Doo can only replace Alloys without freezing. unless it's just my computer being stupid. Gemini, can you test something? try getting 45 bones into Waddle Dee.

EDIT: upon further inspection of Waddle Dee compared to Waddle Doo, Waddle Dee's file is a little smaller, and he has one less original bone, therefore less room for extra bones. so you probably can't get more than 41 bones into Waddle Dee. so unless you want to do him over an Alloy, Waddle Dee isn't going to be able to happen. but now that we have the solo Popo stuff, maybe you can do a different minion and we can put it over Popo. just a suggestion.
Thats all good ill work on someone else then.... Hmm i wanna find a kirby minion...

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
Is anyone making a vertex out of the other meta minions besides Axe knight? I noticed Trident Knight on the banner, but I never saw a vertex.

anyway, I was planning on making one PSA that works for all (kirby) sword based minions since they'll prolly go over metaknight. I would attempt to make a unique attack for each of them. This way, we don't have at least 5 psa's for metaknight

Top Bottom