• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mini Mafia

Polls

• Total voters

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Your question presented an ultimatum in disguise, you asked me what we should do to converse as town and figure out if we're both town. The truth in the matter of that is merely what we're doing right now, every response I give you should have some credibility in a read.

There is nothing substantial that I can give you that could fit to that quota as of right now, there is nothing to produce besides these responses, which is what the test is for, it's supposed to experiment how people would read people in a one v one situation.

Town Soup would have been more elaborate in his approach to answering my question, or at least I think so.
I don't understand why you're leaning on such a small aspect, especially when the game started. What do you think my intentions would be to ask you such a loaded question? what do you think i'm trying to get out of you right now? You seem to just bounce back with your own logical approach but you're not understanding what i'm getting at, and that meta read you have on me right now shows it.

What do you mean by "what do I think you are?"
It's a pretty simple question, isn't it?

In this game? Slight scum.
Okay.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
An ultimatum in disguise? I GUESS. It's safe to assume that both of us are going to claim Townie and, at worst, pretend to be Townie, so I'm not even sure what the implications of said "ultimatum in disguise" are. Why are you bringing it up?

So far, I still don't like any of your responses. Can you go in depth for me what your approach is towards me this game? Maybe I'm just misreading you, but I'm wondering what exactly your plan is.

Asking me what I think you are isn't necessarily a loaded question, it's a question that doesn't necessarily make sense to be asking in the first place; you've only posted once, so unless I was phishing for a reaction to my question (which I was, but you saw it as an ice breaker), then how could I have possibly answered your question? It seems like scum asking a question to come off as Townie and fit in (i.e. fluff contribution), and isn't the right question to be asking in order to get a good read off me.

Don't try to throw your town meta under the rug as if it's "just something small." That's pretty scummy of you to do. Your meta doesn't seem to fit with your Town meta, and that's pretty big.

You also haven't told me what you plan on doing with my scum read. What was the intent of asking the question "What do you think I am," if all you're going to respond to it is with an "Ok."

#HBC | ѕoup

It should be obvious as to what I was saying, it was a really pointless way to start off and I didn't understand it, it felt like an ultimatum and that there wasn't a right answer no matter what I said. The ultimatum was merely how I responded.

I don't think you're understanding what I'm saying, at all. I don't have a plan, and my last post should have cleared that up.

There is nothing substantial that I can give you that could fit to that quota as of right now, there is nothing to produce besides these responses, which is what the test is for, it's supposed to experiment how people would read people in a one v one situation.
It seems like scum asking a question to come off as Townie and fit in (i.e. fluff contribution), and isn't the right question to be asking in order to get a good read off me.
You seem to just bounce back with your own logical approach but you're not understanding what i'm getting at, and that meta read you have on me right now shows it.
Don't try to throw your town meta under the rug as if it's "just something small." That's pretty scummy of you to do. Your meta doesn't seem to fit with your Town meta, and that's pretty big.
Meta is bad and you should feel bad for using it.

You also haven't told me what you plan on doing with my scum read. What was the intent of asking the question "What do you think I am," if all you're going to respond to it is with an "Ok."
I don't plan to do anything with it, I have nothing to defend and I will only keep responding to you until you decide what your vote is.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
No, I really don't understand you then. >_________________________>. I'm trying to understand, but it's very, very difficult. I'll reread.

#HBC | ѕoup

Because there is no other goal in this game, it is merely a game of talking to one person until one of them decides who they are voting.

I don't know, your bullheadedness regarding some things read off townie but there are some instances where I feel you are being stubborn for no reason. I don't know if you would ignore the basis of my argument as scum just to credit yourself, or just ignore it because you don't think it has merit.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Looked this over again. I don't really see how I'm not understanding you. :|

I'm not necessarily being bullheaded; my stances, and my questions, are entirely legitimate. All the intents and motivations have been provided and are there. If you have any blaring questions on my reads or intentions, have at it, cause I'm down to play an open hand.

I don't understand why you're avoiding answering my questions. :|

I'm not really sure what I'm not understanding, at all. You haven't really elaborated on that point, you just kind of assume that I should immediately understand you, but you're not really trying to elaborate or explain. You want me to fill in the blanks, but I'm not going to fill in the blanks for you. You have to explain these blanks yourself.

Also, why are you waiting for ME to put my vote down? Por qoui? You do realize that scum would do this, right?

The fact is, you responded to my question in a way that doesn't fit well with your meta. You seem like you're just shelling up in response to it. You're not even arguing as to why your town meta fits this scenario and why I'm wrong; all you've said is that I shouldn't use it. What.

Anyway, I've looked over our conversation, and I understand it, but if you're Town, it just means you're really passive aggressive. Or something. I see more scummy intentions than I do Town intentions, so I'm going to put my vote down on you in my next post. Do you have any last words that would convince me that you're Town?

#HBC | ѕoup

You showed your townie intent by sticking to your ground, if I'm wrong I will eat my hat but you are a really easy read and this game should be over.

#HBC | ѕoup

EBWOP: That and the fact you weren't sproadic and tried approaching to me in the most logical solutoin instead of butchering my statements, It's townie of you comparitive to G3S where you would get upset if someone voted you and flail around like a fish.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Well, I'm definitely Town. VERY GOOD READ.

You do realize how scummy you're being though, right? RIGHT? You still haven't answered any of my questions. Also, right when I said I was going to vote for you, you respond with a vote on Player X and claim that you have an uber Town read on me. This seems more like an attempt to convince me to vote Player X at the last minute than an actual legitimate vote.

There are a lot of contradictions in your logic and your approach towards me that have yet to be explained. It all seems scummy and manipulative, and there's no ground for it.

#HBC | ѕoup

Bardull ,you're still not engaging me with a perspective, you're just looking for answers that fill your quota.

Me answering your questions shouldn't be a defining thing for you, I think you need to learn to start reading intent more because yet again you are being ignorant.

I don't care what your vote is, I am not concerned about what you think of me, I'm concerned about lynching scum and you are not scum.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Wat. My perspective is Townie trying to find scum.

I've been reading intent, broham, and your intent is uber duber super pooper scum bag deluxe. Those questions are for clarity regarding your intentions. You've pretty much given me absolutely no reason to trust you.

Like, you don't care what I think of you when I MUST be Town? Jesus kid, are you being serious right now? You should be trying to cooperate with me and explain to me why you're Town, not shrug it off like some hapless douche. What, do you think you're superior to me or something?

I'm pretty damn good at reading intent, you just don't give me enough credit. I'm not trying to fill any "quota," I'm trying to figure out whether or not I can trust you, but all you've done so far is show me that you're a garbage bag, dirty and gross. I'm not going to try and spin some convincing tale for you that you're Town, you need to be doing that yourself by answering my questions.

This is the bottom line: if you don't answer my questions and give me good reasons to trust you, I have every reason to put my vote on you out of policy as opposed to my scum read. You still haven't given me ANY reason to trust you.

#HBC | ѕoup

Those questions are for clarity regarding your intentions. You've pretty much given me absolutely no reason to trust you.
I don't want your trust nor am I trying to gain it.

Like, you don't care what I think of you when I MUST be Town? Jesus kid, are you being serious right now? You should be trying to cooperate with me and explain to me why you're Town, not shrug it off like some hapless douche. What, do you think you're superior to me or something?
That wasn't even an argument and you're still not understanding me.

I'm pretty damn good at reading intent, you just don't give me enough credit. I'm not trying to fill any "quota," I'm trying to figure out whether or not I can trust you, but all you've done so far is show me that you're a garbage bag, dirty and gross. I'm not going to try and spin some convincing tale for you that you're Town, you need to be doing that yourself by answering my questions.
But I won't, and I don't have to. If you think i'm scum you should vote me. I did not join this game to buddy up and play 20 questions with you, I joined this game with the goal of lynching scum. Baseless questions in this situation do not fill that goal and they lead to nothing considering the questions are empty themselves.

This is the bottom line: if you don't answer my questions and give me good reasons to trust you, I have every reason to put my vote on you out of policy as opposed to my scum read. You still haven't given me ANY reason to trust you.
This is why you lose games.

#HBC | ѕoup

I know what you're going to say, you're going to say: "You're not working with me and that isn't townie, as town you should be more willing to work with me as town because that is what town does."

Wrong. Town lynches scum, and any way they can find it, there shouldn't be some sort of pure way a townie plays, because everyone plays differently.

Am I playing differently to you, Bardull? Am I scum for it? These are things you must ask for yourself and I cannot give you the answer to, no matter how many times you ask me.

#HBC | ѕoup

I'm pretty sure people would say the same, you only caught me because I refused to answer you, had I been town you would have been laughed and ridiculed for not understanding or being willing to see my persepctive, you were ignorant to the whole point and only lynched me because I didn't do what I wanted you to do.

Is that to say that is a bad thing? Not all town are going to be willing to do everything you want, and even then scum would be more willing to work with you and gain your favor comparitive to working against you.

#HBC | ѕoup

You play this game black and white and you need to stop doing it, this is why you get trashed when you try to read players like Ryker.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Then Soup, if you knew what Bardull would vote you based off of, why the hell would you consider to do that? It's more important to give someone what they want than to stick to what you think you would do as town. If Bardull would have voted Player X had you have cooperated, you should have cooperated.

Now if only Orbo could show up so I can try this =/

BarDulL

Town Vampire

The reality is that you don't think I'm good, so you have major tunnel vision and you think you've done everything right. All my rhyme and reasoning has been provided for you as to why you're scum. You just don't want to acknowledge that.

Ryker is pretty good, not gonna deny that. He was pretty damn scummy in AT though, holy shiet.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Kantrip, I basically pegged him for scum, but if he had cooperated and shown me his thought process, I may have given him the dumb town card. That's the only reason why I asked those questions.

#HBC | ѕoup

I don't need to cooperate and that is what Bardull needs to understand, not all town play in his perfect image and this is why he mis-reads certain players.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
DUUUDE. I was "confirmed" Town to you once you voted for X. You have EVERY REASON to want to cooperate me. You're just full of it now, lmao.

#HBC | ѕoup

Ryker is pretty good, not gonna deny that. He was pretty damn scummy in AT though, holy shiet.
Ryker did the same exact thing to you in AT and you read him wrong and he was town, he refused to cooperate with you and you thought it was a scum-tell, only going by what your perfect image of a townie was.

Kantrip

Kantplay
While Soup is right in all regards, I still maintain that it would have been playing to his win condition better to play along with Bardull for the duration of the game, and then tell him all this stuff after he manipulated Bardull into voting Player X.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
LOL NOP UR WRONG.

I voted for Ryker because his gambit on me made absolutely no sense at the time he did it, and he also gambited with MY CHARACTER CLAIM. There is more scummy intent to be found in what he did than Townie intent, even if he did turn out to be Town. I was running as a pretty strong Townie at the time, and his reads were bad/unfounded.

Maaaan, you guys really don't give me enough credit. Oh wellz.

#HBC | ѕoup

I voted for Ryker because his gambit on me made absolutely no sense at the time he did it, and he also gambited with MY CHARACTER CLAIM. There is more scummy intent to be found in what he did than Townie intent, even if he did turn out to be Town. I was running as a pretty strong Townie at the time, and his reads were bad/unfounded.
he refused to cooperate with you and you thought it was a scum-tell, only going by what your perfect image of a townie was.
10 characters

#HBC | ѕoup

Xonar said:
Man, you've got ego. You're seriously discouraging to read in posts, because you, sir, are a **** in a lot of occasions. Don't think I'm the only on here to say this. Get off that ego and realize what the game is really about. Your playstyle is really standard, and has no real merits. I'll comment more after we completed this game. You have merit in your persistence, though? I can't tell a lot from just 1 day of playing.
My advice for you would be discover what mafia really is about. Reading into intentions would be a great place to start. From there on onwards, you should be able to think of more. If not, ask someone else.
Listen to Xonar, too. He's a smart guy.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Soup. You played 100% incorrectly this game and lost because of it. Bardull made the right choice and a good read. Get over it.

#HBC | ѕoup

I never implied I was upset for losing, nor did I have some brilliant plan. I'm just saying there are things that Bardull needs to learn.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
You're trying to say that Bardull is at fault here for playing black and white regardless of whether he won or not.

I disagree. In actuality, you scum slipped here big time this game and Bardull caught it.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
No. Your scumslip was not complying with Bardull and answering his questions after you voted Player X.

After you had voted, you pretty much solidified Bardull as a town read. As a townie, you wouldn't have voted Player X at all if you hadn't. At this stage in the game, as a townie, 100% of your focus should be trying to convince Bardull to also vote Player X so that you win the game. When Bardull asked you to respond to his stuff, you should have immediately complied because, from a townie POV, you had absolutely no reason not to. You knew Bardull was town so why fight him on something trivial if it meant any chance of him possibly changing his mind.

The reason was you were trying to keep up appearances. By trying to blow through his questions with fake confidence and a false bravado that "I don't care what you think of me, as long as I lynch scum" it made it completely clear to everyone and anyone that you weren't being genuine. You didn't consider the actual implications of what your specific situation implied, you just tried to AtE your way into him getting a town read on you when, as a townie, you would have had no reason to.

Only a frownie would have done what you did in your situation, considering your earlier proclamation that Bardull was town.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
And this is what this game measures your ability to read.

It's not connection based information you're looking for, it's contextual.

Top Bottom