• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mini Mafia

Polls

• Total voters

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
[collapse=2-person mafia]
This picture has nothing to do with anything.
How to play:

-Sign up here in the thread during any time or PM/Skype me that you would like to join. (PM works best).
-Every two people to sign up will play a round with each other. Only 2 people may play at a time.
-Once two have signed up, I will send each player their random role PM and will announce the start of the round.
-There are two possible roles: Townie or Frownie.
-There are three votable slots in the game: Player 1, Player 2, and Player X (Essentially a dummy player).
-There will always be two Townie slots and one Frownie slot. There will always be at least one player who receives a Townie role. It is possible for both players to receive a Townie role.
-It is the job of either one or both of the Townie players to determine whether or not the Frownie is the other player or Player X.
-Each player may place a vote on either the other player or Player X. Once a vote has been placed it cannot be removed or changed. (You get one permanent vote). You may vote at any time. There are no deadlines.
-To vote, use the format Vote: "Player Name" or Vote: Player X. This must be bolded and white.
-The game ends once both players have voted or there is a clear winner.

[collapse=Role PMs]
Subject: Hi ^_^

You are Townie
You are Frownie
[/collapse]
How to win:

-If you are Townie and correctly vote the other player as the Frownie, you win!
-If you are Townie and you and the other player both correctly vote Player X as the Frownie, you win!
-If you are the Frownie and you get the other player to vote Player X, you win!

Note: If both players are Townie, and only one player votes Player X (the Frownie) both players lose. Both Townie Players must vote Frownie player X to win.

Game 1:
Player 1: Bardull
Player 2: Jdietz43
Player X, Frownie, Wins!

Game 2:
Player 1: Jdietz43
Player 2: Soup~
Jdieyz43, Frownie, Wins!

Game 3:
Player 1: Jdietz43
Player 2: J
Jdietz43, Townie, Wins!

Game 4:
Player 1: John2k4
Player 2: Xonar
Player X, Frownie, Wins!

Game 5:
Player 1: Bardull
Player 2: Soup
Bardull, Townie, Wins!

Game 6:
Player 1: Kantrip
Player 2: Orboknown
Kantrip, Townie, Wins!

Game 7:
Player 1: Ryker
Player 2: Swiss
Ryker, Townie, Wins!

[collapse=Wins-Losses]Zen: 28-0
Jdietz43: 2-1 (town 1-1, frown 1-0)
Bardull: 1-1 (town 1-1, frown 0-0)
Soup: 0-2 (town 0-1, frown 0-1)
J: 0-1 (town 0-0, frown 0-1)
John2k4: 0-1 (town 0-1, frown 0-0)
Xonar: 0-1 (town 0-1, frown 0-0)
Kantrip: 1-0 (town 1-0, frown 0-0)
Orboknown: 0-1 (town 0-0, frown 0-1)
Ryker 1-0 (town 1-0, frown 0-0)
Swiss -0-1(town 0-0, frown 0-1 ([/collapse]
[collapse=Extra]
For each round, outside observers may send me a PM of who they think is mafia. These can be sent anytime before either player votes. I will be keeping record of each person's accuracy.
[/collapse]
[/collapse][collapse=Reincarnation Mafia]
This video has nothing to do with anything.

-This game is fundamentally played as a normal mafia game.
-This game involves 6 players.
-The game begins initially with 5 townies and 1 negatownie
-It is the goal of the townies to obliterate all negatownies by lynching who they believe to be negatownie.
-A player is lynched when they receive a majority vote (4/6).
-A player may vote a player using the command Vote: Playername. This command must be in bold.
-A player may unvote using the command Unvote in bold. One does not have to unvote before voting another player.
-There are no night phases in this game. There are day actions, however, which are generally PMed to the mod during the active phase.
-Players do not die in this game. Once a player is lynched, they are reincarnated with a new role chosen at random.
-When a lynched is reached, players may continue to chat until the mod posts the flip. At the time the game enters a reincarnation period in which the lynched player receives their new role. Players may not post during this time.
-When reincarnated a player has a 66% chance of being town aligned and a 33% chance of being negatown.
-Negatown wins when they reach equal an equal number of townies (3 negatown, 3 town). Stalling harmony and reincarnation for eternity.
-Town wins when there are no longer any negatownies. Creating perfect harmony.

Extra:
-If you receive an ability, details on that ability will be given in your role pm. Generally abilities must be PMed to the mod.
-Each time you receive your role pm (At the beginning of the game and when you are reincarnated please confirm to the mod via PM).
-There are no deadlines. However there are activity requirements. Each player is expected to be able to be able to post daily; however, it is only required that each player posts within every 48 hours. Failing to meet this requirement will result in replacement.
-The last player to be converted into mafia loses with the town.
-Deluberately playing against your win condition will result in two permanent mod votes.

Feel free to ask any unanswered questions and make notice of any issues you may find.[/collapse][collapse=MiniBIM aka Wild Wild West]-No night phase
-5 players (2 bandits, 2 deputies, 1 bomb)
-Deputies & Bandits all have a 1-shot gun.
-To shoot a player use one of the command "Shoot: Playername". A non-bolded shot will result in a random mod kill of your faction.
-The bomb will explode and kill any player who shot it.
-Deputies win when both Badits have been killed.
-Bandits win when both Deputies have been killed.
-Bomb wins when he explodes.
[/collapse][collapse=3pmafia]
1 Mafia

Mafia 1-time Bulletproof, DayKiller

Abilities

1-time bulletproof: If you are shot you will not die. This is a one-time effect.

Day Kill: During the day, you may use the command "Daykill: Player Name" and that player will be killed. After shooting, you may not shoot again for another 24 hours.

Win Condition: You are mafia aligned and win when one of the town members is lynched or killed.

Safe Claim:
Town 1-time Bulletproof, DayKiller

Abilities

1-time bulletproof: If you are shot you will not die. This is a one-time effect.

Day Kill: During the day, you may use the command "Daykill: Player Name" and that player will be killed. After shooting, you may not shoot again for another 24 hours.

Win Condition: You are town aligned and win when the mafia member is lynched or killed.

-----------------------------------------------------------

2 Town

Town 1-time Bulletproof, DayKiller

Abilities

Win Condition: You are town aligned and win when the mafia member is lynched or killed.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Game 1:
1. TokyoGamer (Vinylperiod)
2. Werekill (what does this name mean????)
3. Rankorott

Game 2:
1. Bardull
2. Ran
3. Sworddancer.

Game 3:
1. Omni
2. Vinyl.
3. Xonar

Game 4:
1. Omni
2. X1
3. Xonar

Game 5:
1. Vinyl.
2. Bardull
3. Kary

Game 6:
1. J
2. Sangfroidwarrior
3. Circus[/collapse]

Axel

J|Zεη
I'm actually using this to test some things. The ability to read a person one-on-one over the internet is one of them.

ಠ_ಠ

Kantrip

Kantplay
I'd laugh at me vs Bardull. Everyone would.

This seems like it may be interesting. I want to watch a game go down.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Actually, that would be a fairly easy game. Spotting out Towntrip would be like looking for the red dot on the Japanese flag. It's...so...clearly visible.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
There isn't any strategy to this since there's no motives to read.

In normal Mafia you have prior actions and possible affiliations to make guesses on, however in this game there is no action to speak of. This is the equivalent of a Day 1 Mafia lynch, it's just a guess and only probability can help you. If you're a Townie you just say "I'm a Townie" and guess randomly. If you're not, you still say "I'm a Townie", since there's no good reason to say that you're not.

Technically speaking there's not even a reason to SPEAK in this game. You can literally say nothing or simply "I'm a Townie this round." and it's the same result. After that you just say nothing and see if they flip the coin wrong.

EDIT: Actually go ahead and permanently make me Player 1. If anyone asks me a question simply say that I said "I'm a Townie."
It's accurate and fair since that's all I'd ever say if I were to ever actually play the game. Serious: Nothing else. Then make my choice of Player X as Townie if I'm a Townie. It's a 50/50 no matter what. If I'm a Frownie myself then I don't even have to vote.

Axel

J|Zεη
This is the equivalent of a Day 1 Mafia lynch
Correct
it's just a guess and only probability can help you.
Incorrect

Vanderzant said:
I'm a big fan of using RVS correctly (and Day 1 in general) and will smite those who think Day 1 is a "policy lynch" day, or a "we don't have concrete info yet so we can't find scum" phase of the game. I'm sure none of you think that way, but when I first played here I saw this dumb mentality all the time.
There are multiple ways to gain a read in mafia. Generally people combine all of these things to determine who they want to lynch, whether consciously or naturally.

-Connections to other players
-Meta
-Intentions
-Vocab/Grammar/Sentence Structure ect.

The first one is the only one that we mostly rely on further into the game. The last three are what we consider when we get a "vibe" about a certain player. We can pick up things, subtle clues that we may not always be aware of about a persons play as either town or scum. This sort of thing is especially apparent and exemplified in real life mafia and say skype mafia. Just like in poker we pick up on clues that give away whether a person is being legitimate or not. This is also shown quite well in Instant Message mafia/Epic Mafia. When you are in direct interaction with someone, these type of signals are more noticeable and harder to hide. Now Forum mafia, these become more difficult to pick up on and easier to hide since each person can take their time to post whenever. They still exist, however. The more you play with someone, the more you pick up on certain things (again whether you are aware or not). This is what a lot of us generally refer to as a meta read (as opposed to the more clear-cut concept of meta "He did this last game as scum, so he is scum this game"). In any event, there's more to what I'm looking at here than this. And we will see whether your line of thought is correct or not.

As for the strategy of not saying anything, uh no, because then the other player will assume you are frownie. If you are frownie, then the player will vote you and you will lose. If you are townie, then the player will vote you and you will lose. The same goes with just saying "I'm town".

I'll add you as the Player 2 slot this game. I'll send you and Bardull your role PMs.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
@Mod - For some reason, I read Jdietz's post as condescending and not necessarily that of an individual interested in playing this game. >__>

But if he's actually up for playing an actual game, then, well, let the games continue I suppose.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
OK, I'm a Townie.

(I assume we're playing the game here then right? And for future reference are we making votes here or just PM'ing them to you? Not that it matters either way. Let me know when you want to know why I do what I do for this game)

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Is it just me, or is the Smashboards server lagging really, really hard? Lost a post because of it.

Anyway, I'm surprised you'd just respond with "Ok, I'm a Townie." That's pretty anti-town for you to do. By doing that, you're not allowing me to get a clear and concise read on you. Is that your intention? If so, why shouldn't I just throw my vote down on you?

Swiss

Smash Lord
Well, this game would have more of a tendancy toward randomness than a normal mafia game.

Could work, though it heavily relies on a strong townie playing.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
not sure if troll thread

or just full of *******

frysquint.jpg
Why are you posting in the middle of a game?

Why are either of you posting in the game?

Appreciate the positive/analytical observation of Swiss, not really fond of the lackluster douchebaggery emitting from our lovely Senator.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Jdietz, on a serious note, the only reason why I haven't thrown my vote down on you yet is because I have the decency to try to get a good read on you beforehand.

Explain your anti-town behavior to me and why you think saying "I'm a Townie" would actually earn my trust.

Axel

J|Zεη
Woa. Aren't you in about your 30's by now? I'm not trying to be rude if you you are older or younger, I'm just saying who does this stuff anymore?

Anyway that's rhetorical so don't answer.

People probably shouldn't really post while the game is going on unless you're signing up. I didn't really make a rule against that, but if it's going to be distracting to the players, then tofu. In any event, no comments relating to the game please.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Woa. Aren't you about in about your 30's by now? I'm not trying to be rude if you you are older or younger, I'm just saying who does this stuff anymore?

Anyway that's rhetorical so don't answer.

People probably shouldn't really post while the game is going on unless you're signing up. I didn't really make a rule against that, but if it's going to be distracting to the players, then tofu. In any event, no comments relating to the game please.
Good call. His terrible blatant trolling was beginning to make me cringe.

On with the game!

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
:rolleyes:

Anyway, I actually owe you an apology, Zen. I misread the OP last night, as I was very tired. Now that i understand the game there is nothing wrong with it, and I think it's a neat idea. Oh, and I'm 23, you anus.

(deactivating unlicensed posting habits. disengaging orbit. entering mass relay. good luck to current players, especially jdietz)

BarDulL

Town Vampire
:rolleyes:

Anyway, I actually owe you an apology, Zen. I misread the OP last night, as I was very tired. Now that i understand the game there is nothing wrong with it, and I think it's a neat idea. Oh, and I'm 23, you anus.

(deactivating unlicensed posting habits. disengaging orbit. entering mass relay. good luck to current players, especially jdietz)
Aw, aren't you a peach. Well, at least that makes me see you differently.

Calls people in thread *******, doesn't actually read the thread or know what it's for.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Do you understand the basic premise of mafia?

It's practically the same thing as talking to someone and becoming friends with them. It's a social game. You develop trust with other players, and mistrust with those that seem scummy. You lynch those who come off as scummy.

What you're doing is mechanical and is reading painfully null and anti-town. You're not trying to converse with me or give me information as to gauge whether or not I can trust you.

If you really have nothing else to say, I'm going to put my vote on you.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I'm gonna address this post first before I cast my vote.

Firstly, as a Frownie, you have every incentive and motivation to convince a Townie to vote for Player X. You do not want to be voted for. Thus, you are constantly trying to manipulate Player X to do the wrong thing. Ergo, you have a goal, and thus a motivator.

As Town, you are trying to gauge whether or not you can trust the other person. If a Townie senses that the other player is being manipulative and scummy, that Townie has every reason not to trust the other player.

However, you're not doing either of these things. You aren't trying to gauge me, nor are you concerned whatsoever in attaining your win condition. You're not actually trying to play the game. Instead, you're trying to turn this scenario into a 50/50 shot where I have to choose between a dummy player and...an intentionally anti-town one.

Since I can't gauge you, and since you're not being any bit convincing, I'm going to have to place my vote on you out of policy. Hopefully, you're a Frownie.

Vote: Jdietz

There isn't any strategy to this since there's no motives to read.

In normal Mafia you have prior actions and possible affiliations to make guesses on, however in this game there is no action to speak of. This is the equivalent of a Day 1 Mafia lynch, it's just a guess and only probability can help you. If you're a Townie you just say "I'm a Townie" and guess randomly. If you're not, you still say "I'm a Townie", since there's no good reason to say that you're not.

Technically speaking there's not even a reason to SPEAK in this game. You can literally say nothing or simply "I'm a Townie this round." and it's the same result. After that you just say nothing and see if they flip the coin wrong.

EDIT: Actually go ahead and permanently make me Player 1. If anyone asks me a question simply say that I said "I'm a Townie."
It's accurate and fair since that's all I'd ever say if I were to ever actually play the game. Serious: Nothing else. Then make my choice of Player X as Townie if I'm a Townie. It's a 50/50 no matter what. If I'm a Frownie myself then I don't even have to vote.
I'm gonna address this post first before I cast my vote.

Firstly, as a Frownie, you have every incentive and motivation to convince a Townie to vote for Player X. You do not want to be voted for. Thus, you are constantly trying to manipulate the Townie to do the wrong thing. Ergo, you have a goal, and thus a motivator.

As Town, you are trying to gauge whether or not you can trust the other person. If a Townie senses that the other player is being manipulative and scummy, that Townie has every reason not to trust the other player.

However, you're not doing either of these things. You aren't trying to gauge me, nor are you concerned whatsoever in attaining your win condition. You're not actually trying to play the game. Instead, you're trying to turn this scenario into a 50/50 shot where I have to choose between a dummy player and...an intentionally anti-town one.

Since I can't gauge you, and since you're not being any bit convincing, I'm going to have to place my vote on you out of policy. Hopefully, you're a Frownie.

Vote: Jdietz

Edit: Fixed an error so that my point made sense. Change is illustrated by bold, underline, and italics.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Welp: looks like we lost. I was a Townie.

Vote: BarDulL as Frownie

But really you only have yourself to blame. I told you I was a Townie multiple times and you didn't believe me.

Top Bottom