• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mini Mafia Game Thread | Newbies are welcome! | Town wins Gheb's game | Zen next to host!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Hey kary, that first post about wanting to claim roles and stuff.

It looked like a threat if none we're to follow, right?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Hey kary, that first post about wanting to claim roles and stuff.

It looked like a threat if none we're to follow, right?
Well. I wasn't threatening anyone who didn't want to claim, and I don't have anything to threaten them with. So you can't really call it a threat.

On the other hand, if someone did not want to claim their flavour, there would have to be a reason for that. It is not enough to lynch someone over, but it is something to look into.

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
Day 1 Continues!

Votecount:

[1] Gheb_01 - Potassium
[1] Potassium - Gheb

[0] Kary
[0] Vinyl.
[0] Orboknown

Not voting - Orbo, Vinyl, Kary

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch!

The Deadline is set for the last minute of Thursday, November 21st (EST).

Kantrip

Kantplay
At the moment, I'm leaning towards lynching Kantrip. I'm not seeing where he's coming from with his push against Orb and his aggression feels fake and put-on.
I have said in-thread that the Orbo push was for a reaction and not a real thing. Gheb's point here is very mechanical because he's actually wording as though he thinks me calling someone scum in basically RVS and voting them counts as a "fake and put-on" push. Weak.

It makes me think that it's more important for him to come across as townie rather than trying to find out who's actually scum.

Vote Potassium
Since I was proactively reaction testing while Gheb sits on his hands, this qualm leaves a sour taste in my mouth the likes of with only Gheb's death can satiate.

My reads on Kary and Orbo are both null but they are somewhat different still. Kary has given me a couple of pro-town impressions but also a couple of things I'm not too fond of. Overall, these impressions balance each other into a "neutral" read.
No explanation on what these things are that make the read conflicted. Just a tacked on null read.
Orbo though just hasn't given me a solid read just yet. That's mainly because he was being bugged by Kantrip over ... nothing. But I'd like to see where his head and his vote is at and where he thinks town should be going.
From what I recall Orbo did have a direction and put forth input. Being bugged by what I did doesn't sit well with me as justification for a null read, seeing as that was actually a reaction worth getting a read off of.

And because you read Kary as scum, you decide to vote Orbo?!?

Please don't use so much confuse ray on us -.-
Not sure if Gheb is reading the thread or not. Vinyl asked me if he could vote Orbo if he gave his read on Kary. He's allowed to scumread more than one person. He thought Orbo was the scummier of the two from the beginning, this isn't that confusing.

It's been a day and most people hadn't done any legit scumhunting when I logged off. You can't seriously conclude that I'm not trying to find scum just because I didn't get a chance to do so yet?

:059:
Hypocrisy at its finest. Gheb uses "not looking for scum" as a point against me, then uses this as a defense when called out for the same thing. The best part is that I was scumhunting with pressure and reaction tests that Gheb's shallow reading abilities saw as a "fake a put-on" push. It reads very mechanical from him and does not look like he's looking into things. This is furthered by his lack of explanation on what is conflicting about his Kary read, him not getting a read from Orbo's reaction to my pressure, and not getting what Vinyl was getting at with his Orbo vote and Kary read.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Kary if you're not interested in pursuing Gheb as scum, were you just pressuring him? Who do you think is scum?

Orbo talk to me about my 204. Do you agree or is it reaching, etc.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
The "reaction test" argument is probably the oldest and most generic cop-out for a scumbag to justify obviously scummy play.

Kantrip

Kantplay
The "reaction test" argument is probably the oldest and most generic cop-out for a scumbag to justify obviously scummy play.

You're kidding me right?

You still think that me calling Orbo scum that fast was me wanting him to be the Day's lynch?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
You still think that me calling Orbo scum that fast was me wanting him to be the Day's lynch?
No, it was you wanting to gain pro-town credit for nothing. There's no way that your "pressure" against Orbo could backfire, right? Cause you know when all else fails you can always go with the "j/k guys I was just testing reactions ololol" smoke-ball and some ****** will probably fall for it and read a pro-town intention into it when there is none to be found.

Neither can you expect a townie to give you credit for that, nor can you just OMGUS him for attacking you because of it.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I'm just going to wait for others to weigh in and probably lynch you because I don't want to entertain this conversation any further.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Kary if you're not interested in pursuing Gheb as scum, were you just pressuring him? Who do you think is scum?

Orbo talk to me about my 204. Do you agree or is it reaching, etc.
Solid points imo.
Prolly the best thing I've seen towards someone being scum this game

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Kary if you're not interested in pursuing Gheb as scum, were you just pressuring him?
Is this another dumb ass backwards argument again? I don't even.

I decided to pressure Gheb, at first just on principle, and then on some things that I considered suspect. Based on how he responded and the way the game progressed, I don't want to lynch him right now, but that doesn't mean I've ruled it out.

I hope that's all clear now because this stuff bores me to tears.

Who do you think is scum?
I would say it was definitely one of you/Orbo/Gheb/Vinyl. Very confident in that.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Okay well you're talking a lot about wanting to hurry this up and not drag it out.

Then you don't narrow down your reads at all and unvote the only person you've targeted.

I'm getting mixed signals here, is all

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
You see, this is why I'm not so good at this game. I just want you to answer my #223 so I can make some progress in terms of understanding your play, but I always end up being mean.

I guess I ought to butter you up and say 'pretty please' so that you'll be more inclined to work with me on this, because you sitting here calling me names doesn't really help me at all.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Solid points imo.
Prolly the best thing I've seen towards someone being scum this game

Troll much? His point is that I'm scummy because I don't buy his "reaction test" cop-out and think it's suspicious. What's solid about that?

Why are you buying his explanations?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Where did kantrip say that factored into his read?
Kantrip didn't say that. In fact he didn't say anything about how he expects Gheb to play. The whole of his #204 lays out things he thinks are bad about Gheb's play, e.g. 'mechanical' 'hypocritical', but doesn't go on to argue that Gheb would do that as scum.

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
Votecount:

[1] Gheb_01 - Potassium
[1] Potassium - Gheb

[0] Kary
[0] Vinyl.
[0] Orboknown

Not voting - Orbo, Vinyl, Kary

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch!

The Deadline is set for the last minute of Thursday, November 21st (EST).

Kantrip

Kantplay
Conventional wisdom says that a player is typically dumb or scum when they don't seem townie. Given that you think Gheb is dumb, is he still scum?
Yes I still think he's scum. Him downplaying my case to discredit it when it holds more water than anything he's said in this game rather than calmly trying to prove it wrong point by point is scummy. He's also dumb, but that has no bearing on his alignment.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Yes I still think he's scum. Him downplaying my case to discredit it when it holds more water than anything he's said in this game rather than calmly trying to prove it wrong point by point is scummy. He's also dumb, but that has no bearing on his alignment.
Yeah so every townie who ever had a case made against them always calmly disproved it point by point.

Dear gorf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom