• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mini Mafia Game Thread | Newbies are welcome! | Town wins Gheb's game | Zen next to host!

Status
Not open for further replies.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I would lynch Kanty if I can't get Orbo. That being said, if Orbo isn't down to vote Kanty then it's not going to happen. Vinyl being AWOL doesn't help matters.

I don't know if Kanty will vote Orbo, but he said he 'wouldn't mind' in his #272. If not, we may be at a stalemate, because I don't really want to vote Gheb/Vinyl.

That being said, this is a bit of a weird situation to be in.

Given Orbo as scum could get a Kantrip mislynch, i'm surprised he's holding that up.
I guess you could argue that if Kanty flips town, Orbo will have myself or Gheb gunning for him tomorrow, so it's better to stall out toDay. I don't know, it's weird.

Orbo, why am I scummier than Kanty?

Orboknown

Smash Hero
You are more null than scummy. Gheb is slightly scummy and kantrip is nulltown. Its more of i think this way he's going about it isn't something kantrip would do as scum.
That said i will knock out the last bit of reread tonight

Kantrip

Kantplay
I don't think Kantrip wants to lynch you? He might compromise but I had the impression that you're one of his town reads.

And I still don't see why you'd lynch me [or Kary for that matter]. Kantrip's case is enough to persuade you? You should quit being so lazy and actually read through what he and I have posted again.

:059:
Where did you get the impression Orbo was one of my townreads? Was it the post where I said he was null?

Kantrip

Kantplay
That really confuses me Kary because you were fine with lynching Gheb earlier toDay while being uninterested in Vinyl, yet Gheb is the one you would allow to live in 3-man LyLo?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Gheb, I've got one for you too.

I become confirmed town. Who do you want to lynch?

Assuming that the confirmation doesn't require your death I'd go with the Orbo lynch for sure.

Where did you get the impression Orbo was one of my townreads? Was it the post where I said he was null?

Since I'm your #1 pick at the moment and some of your former post implied that you're not OK with the way Kary plays Orbo *is* to all intents and purposes a town-read of yours. You might technically have him as a null-read but practically it doesn't change that order of preference. In a game where there are only two lynches to made tops that means that at this point Orbo is on the safer side of things.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Vinyl over gheb? Really?

Maybe because I'm town and Vinyl is inactive? You *still* have to give me the explanation on why you'd lynch me in the first place. You act as if it was just well understood that I'm a play. That's by no means the case though so either make your points or move on.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Assuming that the confirmation doesn't require your death I'd go with the Orbo lynch for sure.

Since I'm your #1 pick at the moment and some of your former post implied that you're not OK with the way Kary plays Orbo *is* to all intents and purposes a town-read of yours. You might technically have him as a null-read but practically it doesn't change that order of preference. In a game where there are only two lynches to made tops that means that at this point Orbo is on the safer side of things.

I'd actually say that at this point I am quite divided on who I want to lynch.

Not to be confused with "I'd lynch anyone."

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Maybe because I'm town and Vinyl is inactive? You *still* have to give me the explanation on why you'd lynch me in the first place. You act as if it was just well understood that I'm a play. That's by no means the case though so either make your points or move on.

That was my 11111st post!!!

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
That really confuses me Kary because you were fine with lynching Gheb earlier toDay while being uninterested in Vinyl, yet Gheb is the one you would allow to live in 3-man LyLo?
Lynching Gheb toDay would actually tell me something for tomorrow, unlike lynching Vinyl toDay. It's a completely different scenario to your hypothetical D2.

And I was only 'fine' with lynching Gheb in the sense that we need to lynch someone toDay and I did not really care what happened toDay while you weren't answering basic questions.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Both you and Orbo would have to react to Gheb's flip in a way that might actually tell me something. Are you going to roll onto Orbo when that happens? Are you going to re-evaluate?
I can't give you specifics that aren't blindingly obvious because I'm not a ****ing fortune teller, and D2 is tomorrow.

But policy lynch Vinyl and he flips town doesn't tell you ****, because at least at the point where I talked about lynching Gheb, everyone seemed to agree Vinyl was town. Everyone is wrong, we're back at square one with the same **** as toDay.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Oh, and Gheb might actually be scum. I'm not ****ing magic. My reads are like Orbo > Kanty > Vinyl & Gheb, and it doesn't really matter if I have Vinyl & Gheb the wrong way round because right now they're not on the ****ing table.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Also I never suggested we lynch Vinyl on policy as that would be kind of stupid and useless. I'm just vocalizing a worry of having him as the swing vote toMorrow.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Gheb do you still want Kanty before Orbo?

I'd prefer it that way, yeah. But it seems like lynching Orbo is the more realistic option right now because Kantrip voting Orbo is looking more likely than vice versa.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Kanty, tell me what the deal is right now. If you're trying to convince me to lynch Gheb this is a pretty weird way to do it.
The deal is I'm asking a bunch of questions and trying to feel everyone out because I have no idea what direction I'm going in in this game.

You want me and Orbo.
Gheb wants me and Orbo.
Orbo wants you and Gheb.

All three of you want the two people that dislike you most dead while keeping the person that is the most okay with you alive.

Reading over my initial pressure of Orbo again, I must say his reaction is actually quite scummy. Every point I had that elicited that reaction was bad and fabricated, but the way he responded to those points was very bad.

With you, I find myself very confused and unable to see your thought processes. Particularly with your Gheb behaviour. However, your recent posts answering my questions about that did make sense. I still think that in a game with only 1 mislynch before LyLo, going for a lynch on a townread without even suggesting an alternative is kind of dumb, though.

Gheb is stuff I've said already, but I feel like there's a high chance of TvT butting heads between us as well and I just don't know.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I really hate how toDay's lynch is currently being decided by my two biggest suspects. I really hope Vinyl shows up soon because I don't want to leave it up to Kantrip or Orbo to play it out who of them two will be lynched toDay.

Kantrip

Kantplay
The fact that Orbo even shows resistance to my lynch and hasn't just "re-assessed his read on me to justify joining it" pretty much shows he's not jumping at the easy mislynch and is actually invested in seeing his scumreads lynched.

This is something that can't be said for Kary's play earlier. No matter how he swings it, there's no way to prove that it was anything other than opportunism, being willing to join me and Orbo on a Gheb lynch when Gheb is his biggest townread. Do you not see how that is slightly scummy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom