• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mini Mafia Game Thread | Newbies are welcome! | Town wins Gheb's game | Zen next to host!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Vinyl is town. He was too aloof and carefree with his hammering bit. Also holy hell that is the best post i have ever seen vinyl write
Kantrip is nulltown. His back and forth with me once he was actually serious gave me this vibe
Kary is null scum. Tad bit offed by him claiming a character that doesnt exist to our knowledge in the game but its not enough to lynch over
Gheb null
k so you saw what I saw from his first post, but why is the post you called the best post he every wrote so good?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Damn this game seems slow. Where is Ghebbycakes?

Really feeling like Gheb might be the lynch here, I don't feel he's being pro-active in trying to find scum. I think the only thing he asked anyone was that one flavour question to me.

Thoughts on this? I really don't think it would hurt to lynch someone and move on at this point.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Orbo tell me who you want to lynch.

Gheb, same question.

At the moment, I'm leaning towards lynching Kantrip. I'm not seeing where he's coming from with his push against Orb and his aggression feels fake and put-on. It makes me think that it's more important for him to come across as townie rather than trying to find out who's actually scum.

Vote Potassium

My reads on Kary and Orbo are both null but they are somewhat different still. Kary has given me a couple of pro-town impressions but also a couple of things I'm not too fond of. Overall, these impressions balance each other into a "neutral" read. Orbo though just hasn't given me a solid read just yet. That's mainly because he was being bugged by Kantrip over ... nothing. But I'd like to see where his head and his vote is at and where he thinks town should be going.

Scum tell on kary.

Vote: Orb
And because you read Kary as scum, you decide to vote Orbo?!?

Please don't use so much confuse ray on us -.-

Really feeling like Gheb might be the lynch here, I don't feel he's being pro-active in trying to find scum. I think the only thing he asked anyone was that one flavour question to me.

Thoughts on this? I really don't think it would hurt to lynch someone and move on at this point.

It's been a day and most people hadn't done any legit scumhunting when I logged off. You can't seriously conclude that I'm not trying to find scum just because I didn't get a chance to do so yet?

:059:

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
Day 1 Continues!

Votecount:

[1] Gheb_01 - Kary
[1] Orboknown - Potassium
[1] Potassium - Gheb

[0] Kary
[0] Vinyl.

Not voting - Orbo, Vinyl

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch!

The Deadline is set for the last minute of Thursday, November 21st (EST).

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
It's been a day and most people hadn't done any legit scumhunting when I logged off. You can't seriously conclude that I'm not trying to find scum just because I didn't get a chance to do so yet?
I disagree. You can make a value judgement about what is 'legit' scumhunting, sure, but people had been doing things. Saying 'I didn't get the chance' seems to me to imply that you're waiting for something to happen rather than trying to find things out on your own.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I feel like this Day is going to go long. Oh well.

Guess i'm going to wait until Kanty/Gheb plays out and then I'll probably push something. Hit me up if you need anything.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire

Well, it would be nice to know why Kanty thinks Gheb's post is bad, and why he's decided to switch attention from you to Gheb.

It'd be nice to see what either you/Vinyl think about Gheb, w.r.t. my #166 and Gheb's latest post.

I don't really want this game to go long, and I particularly don't want it going long with nothing happening.

Orboknown

Smash Hero

I'm fine with this. It had only been one day a the time, but it wasn't like you couldn't POE some reads.

At the moment, I'm leaning towards lynching Kantrip. I'm not seeing where he's coming from with his push against Orb and his aggression feels fake and put-on. It makes me think that it's more important for him to come across as townie rather than trying to find out who's actually scum.

Vote Potassium

My reads on Kary and Orbo are both null but they are somewhat different still. Kary has given me a couple of pro-town impressions but also a couple of things I'm not too fond of. Overall, these impressions balance each other into a "neutral" read. Orbo though just hasn't given me a solid read just yet. That's mainly because he was being bugged by Kantrip over ... nothing. But I'd like to see where his head and his vote is at and where he thinks town should be going.
Kantrips aggression were mostly faked for a reaction, so I'm not sure this first point still stands. I'm unsure as to his second points validity as he has actually brought up his reads first before anyone, and labeling vinyl as town when I had openly said i would lynch him isn't the best thing for scum.
pri sure i llaidmy direction out before this, scum is between you and gheb imo atm.

And because you read Kary as scum, you decide to vote Orbo?!?

Please don't use so much confuse ray on us -.-
Vinyl can answer this though

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I disagree. You can make a value judgement about what is 'legit' scumhunting, sure, but people had been doing things. Saying 'I didn't get the chance' seems to me to imply that you're waiting for something to happen rather than trying to find things out on your own.

First of all, by "didn't get a chance to" I meant that I simply wasn't around too much yet to play this game. I have better things to do on a friday evening than to play mafia sometimes. I'm not waiting for anything to happen, I simply hadn't had the time to get deeper into this game yet.

Second, I actually disagree that people have been doing things. The only thing you've done so far was the whole nameclaim/flavor thing which I took part in anyway. You have a vote on me but don't push for my lynch, pressure me or tell me where the read is coming from. You are not doing anything.
Kantrip hasn't done anything either. It doesn't take a lot of anything to just pretend to be active, pressure people or have some amazing read-obtaining skills. He's play has been all noise and hot air so far.
Orb didn't get to do too much I guess because Kantrip was getting on his nuts but he could start doing more by now. Like questioning Kantrip's play a bit more and ask questions and stuff.

To be honest, my points against Kantrip and my reads on Kary and Orb are among the more thoroughly backed-up points in the game so far. Vinyl's reads and points are more substantial than most of what everybody else has offered yet.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
And just as I tell Orb to do a bit more, he ninjas me with a post that's does just that -.-

Anyway, I'd sure like to know how everybody has a scumread on me already while not being able to sufficiently explain it.
I also don't see why people are ignoring my points against Kantrip. Orb is the only one who actually responded to it just now and his response is meh tbh. But it's better than nothing I guess I even though I disagree. But I'd like other people to tell me what's supposedly wrong with it because I don't see it and like to get Kantrip lynched soon.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
It's very easy to randomly buddy townies, especially those who are considered "weak", as a scumbag and gain pro-town credit upon his flip. That's huge in a game that has 2 Day phases max.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
First of all, by "didn't get a chance to" I meant that I simply wasn't around too much yet to play this game. I have better things to do on a friday evening than to play mafia sometimes. I'm not waiting for anything to happen, I simply hadn't had the time to get deeper into this game yet.
fair enough

Second, I actually disagree that people have been doing things. The only thing you've done so far was the whole nameclaim/flavor thing which I took part in anyway. You have a vote on me but don't push for my lynch, pressure me or tell me where the read is coming from. You are not doing anything.
Kantrip hasn't done anything either. It doesn't take a lot of anything to just pretend to be active, pressure people or have some amazing read-obtaining skills. He's play has been all noise and hot air so far.
Orb didn't get to do too much I guess because Kantrip was getting on his nuts but he could start doing more by now. Like questioning Kantrip's play a bit more and ask questions and stuff.
You're repeating yourself in saying that what other players are doing doesn't count. My point was that they were at least doing something, whereas I felt that you were not.

Now, if you were just not around to post, then that's fine. But then you don't need to try and argue that what other people are doing doesn't count, this just seems to be call-outs for the sake of it.

To be honest, my points against Kantrip and my reads on Kary and Orb are among the more thoroughly backed-up points in the game so far. Vinyl's reads and points are more substantial than most of what everybody else has offered yet.
Anyways, you are now contributing, yes, so I don't plan to pursue this angle any further.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
And just as I tell Orb to do a bit more, he ninjas me with a post that's does just that -.-

Anyway, I'd sure like to know how everybody has a scumread on me already while not being able to sufficiently explain it.
I also don't see why people are ignoring my points against Kantrip. Orb is the only one who actually responded to it just now and his response is meh tbh. But it's better than nothing I guess I even though I disagree. But I'd like other people to tell me what's supposedly wrong with it because I don't see it and like to get Kantrip lynched soon.
Unvote

I am not really trying to push you as a scumread as much as get a read on you. I also felt that having a vote on you would give us more information overall. I haven't seen a hammer yet so that's probably enough for now.

I think that Kanty is town based on his early interaction with Orbo, because I don't think that Kanty would pull something like that as scum. However, his recent switch on to you has yet to be explained and I am reserving judgement on his slot until he comes back and fills in the details there.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
It's very easy to randomly buddy townies, especially those who are considered "weak", as a scumbag and gain pro-town credit upon his flip. That's huge in a game that has 2 Day phases max.
This is more a point of theory, but anyhow;

I agree about it being easy to buddy townies as scum, and I also think it's very useful for scum to do so. However, I don't think players do it for 'credit', or even want that player to flip, but more because they want to establish themselves as one townie among many to avoid suspicion.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
But then you don't need to try and argue that what other people are doing doesn't count, this just seems to be call-outs for the sake of it.

No, I actually feel that the overall input from all players in this game [myself included] is not satisfactory. It wasn't a call-out more than a wake up call for people to actually get down to business right about now.

I think that Kanty is town based on his early interaction with Orbo, because I don't think that Kanty would pull something like that as scum.
And why not? Is it something you generally don't see scum do or is it something you can't see Scumtrip in particular do? I have no issues seing a scumbag pulling that off at all.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
And why not? Is it something you generally don't see scum do or is it something you can't see Scumtrip in particular do? I have no issues seing a scumbag pulling that off at all.
I'm aware that it is something scum can do, and that it would not be very hard for them to do.
Still, I felt that it was not something Kantrip would do as solo scum, right as the game started. I could talk more about why, but I really want Kantrip to explain his recent posts first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom