• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mini Mafia Game Thread | Newbies are welcome! | Town wins Gheb's game | Zen next to host!

Status
Not open for further replies.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Also for the record I don't know how to feel about Dietz recent AtE. Me a year ago would have him as a town read for it, but now I'm not so sure. After being burned by changing my (correct) scum reads on Gheb and John in Disney Singalong to town reads because of both of their AtE's, plus the fact that I AtE'd last moment as scum in RG, I've grown numb to AtE.I have to reflect on this.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
So my main issue with gheb is that he is trying to prove others wrong rather than pushing his agenda. gheb has all the time to post snippets saying"you are worthless and this is why people should not listen to you" buthe will slap back "i already answered that" whenever people ask him to justify his reads. When i was going back and forth with gheb he didnt push back at.me with "this is scummy", he spent his posts saying "this is worthless" and his explanations for his scumreads(especially swords" are.garbage

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
True basically what I mean to say is that I'd prefer for him to alive and cleared as opposed to dead and cleared for more opportunities to delve into his reasoning

1) Swords immediately took stances upon posting
2) He showed conviction in his stances as opposed to acting wishy washy
3) Called out scummy behavior
4) He actually placed a vote lol

But if he hasn't been town in a while I guess that makes some sense.

Too lazy to go back and quote it but that first long post of his.

In terms of you being scum or not I'd say it's enough evidence for you to be. Scum always try to show good intent which I think you've been trying to do by asking so many questions.
Except: I did place a vote, on you. I tried to call out scummy behavior. Conviction is not a towntell. And immediate stances are easy when you lurk for two whole days before saying a single word.

Gheb being alive won't give you any more information than him being dead. His policy of never talking about his town reads and habit of barely explaining his scum ones means once you've got the list you've got it all IMO.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Also for the record I don't know how to feel about Dietz recent AtE. Me a year ago would have him as a town read for it, but now I'm not so sure. After being burned by changing my (correct) scum reads on Gheb and John in Disney Singalong to town reads because of both of their AtE's, plus the fact that I AtE'd last moment as scum in RG, I've grown numb to AtE.I have to reflect on this.

What does AtE stand for?

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
EBWOP

Except: I did place a vote, on you. I tried to call out scummy behavior. Conviction is not a towntell. And immediate stances are easy when you lurk for two whole days before saying a single word.
I have a hard time taking your first vote as real pressure seriously considering I was able to debunk it with a meme picture and never heard anything about it again. -.-

And I'd argue conviction is indeed a towntell. Pretending to effectively hunt scum while looking town requires much more effort than actually being town and scum hunting.

Gheb being alive won't give you any more information than him being dead. His policy of never talking about his town reads and habit of barely explaining his scum ones means once you've got the list you've got it all IMO.

We shall see.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
LOOOOOL

No, it doesn't.

When I pretend I know exactly what's up and who to lynch right away: that's when you have to worry, because it means I'm scum talking out of my ass. Conviction is easier to fake than to have.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Don't mean to delve into mafia theory but is there even such thing as a 100% accurate tell?
It honestly depends on the player. Cello for example lurked hard only as scum because he hated the alignment. There are player specific tells,but no textbook scumtells across the board. Conviction isn't something you should be looking for from dietz this early on

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I was really behind this Gheb lynch because it had a good scum % and basically sorted out all of my reads going into tomorrow, but these posts out of Ditzy are screwing with that.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I'm wondering about trg/gheb

Because you don't agree with my stance on Gheb?

I could honestly give two ****s if he lives or not. I just think Dietz is the stronger play for reasons I've already outlined.

But as long the Gheb/Dietz combo is ID'ed/lynched I'm a happy camper.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I need to go eat something or all anyone is going to see in thread is my bloodsugar.

Vote: Gheb

^there's a vote to help anyone along if things go that way while I'm gone

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'll be back in maybe an hour after lunch, if I haven't been condemned for sucking by then I'll at least probably be less ragey.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Does that change how your reads settle kn a gheb flip or dietz just looks scummier?
It changes who I would put with who, but I still don't think Gheb/Ditzy can be scum given that Ditzy put Gheb to L-1. I actually don't think Ditzy is likely to freak out like this as scum, based on who I could put him on a team with.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Ditzy losing his **** and then putting his vote straight back where it was makes me inclined to town read him despite how bad it is. I don't know why he would flail like that as scum because he doesn't get anything out of it.

Orbo what do you think about Ditzy the last page or so?

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
So thanks for clogging this thread with posts guys, totally gave me the motivation to skim the last 40 or so posts especially man :)!

So uhh correct me if I'm wrong but our main wagons toDay are still Kary/Dietz/Gheb? I'm willing to go for any of these three in that order honestly. Sword you never told me whether or not you'd be willing to go Dietz but I guess the answer to that is a yes sir based on what I've read am I right?

Someone help me out here, I'm frying my brain over here dude! Going through the beef of those last two pages was a total headache, seeing how it wasn't so cluttered before I fell asleep man :c

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Ditzy losing his **** and then putting his vote straight back where it was makes me inclined to town read him despite how bad it is. I don't know why he would flail like that as scum because he doesn't get anything out of it.

I thought we established playing bad isn't a scum tell... But it can be a town tell? >.>

Orboknown

Smash Hero

Orbo what do you think about Ditzy the last page or so?
Good synopsis.
Dietz would stick to his guns as scum. He is reading town to me. Its a lot of"this is how town dietz works when we hydra" and a good bit of where is the scum intent here

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Oh man I didn't even REALIZE that that first half of that post is just as convoluted as the second half man! I forgot that two people town reading each other (something I'm NOT AND HAVEN'T BEEN doing for GBizzle) is a scum tell! You're right Orbo I'm a great option to wagon toDay.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
So thanks for clogging this thread with posts guys, totally gave me the motivation to skim the last 40 or so posts especially man :)!

So uhh correct me if I'm wrong but our main wagons toDay are still Kary/Dietz/Gheb? I'm willing to go for any of these three in that order honestly. Sword you never told me whether or not you'd be willing to go Dietz but I guess the answer to that is a yes sir based on what I've read am I right?

Someone help me out here, I'm frying my brain over here dude! Going through the beef of those last two pages was a total headache, seeing how it wasn't so cluttered before I fell asleep man :c

Basically it's down to lynching Dietz or Gheb.

You, me, and (I think?) Gheb want Dietz

Orbo, Kary, and Dietz want Gheb

Swords looks like the swing vote.

I'm starting not to care who goes as long as its either or.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom