• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mini Mafia Game Thread | Newbies are welcome! | Town wins Gheb's game | Zen next to host!

Status
Not open for further replies.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I just find it ridiculous how Gheb can say that any lynch is on the table, but refuse to look outside of Orbo/Swords unless it's absolutely imperative.

I don't even understand how it makes sense to put the two of them as scum together, given they're basically pulling in opposite directions.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
So I'm scummy because I'm not a tool and am actually able to think independently? My reads don't match yours and therefore you have an issue with me and think I'm scummy? Because I don't yield as easily to your attempts to manipulate me as you'd want me to?

:059:
No, because you're trying to lynch townies, which is scummy.

Same goes to you, Sworddancer. Cherry-picking one of my post and slapping the generic null-tell of "armchair critic" into my face isn't scumhunting either. Not like you've done any such thing all game.

Just one bad apple out of a basket of bad apples.

On what? A case requires content to refer to, something that Sword has simply not put forth. All he did was complain about my call-outs on his lack of input. It's still scummy though.

Literally 0% truth to this btw.

#HBC | Dancer

That question was bait to see if you'd value attempting to save yourself over scum hunter, so nice answer I guess.​
ANY scummer is going to tell you that they don't value their life in the game BECAUSE they KNOW how bad that looks. Quite ironically, saying that "you don't care about your survival" can very well be a thing said BECAUSE they DO care about their own survival.

Gheb talk to me about Kary, or die.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I don't even understand how it makes sense to put the two of them as scum together, given they're basically pulling in opposite directions.

1.) I never said they are scum together
2.) Your argument on why they are probably not scum together is bad

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Reason why Sword thinks I'm suspicious: "He's wrong"
Reason why Orbo thinks I'm suspicious: "I don't agree with his reads"
Reason why Kary thinks I'm suspicious: N/A
Reason why TRG thinks I'm suspicious: "His reads are different than those of others"

That's how you win games guys!

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Woah woah woah if you guys are down we can body Kary before the deadline. I'm sure we can get one more person on the wagon before the Day's end.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Basically all I'm getting from Gheb is that we're wrong but he refuses to make a case against Swords/Orbo... Now all the sudden we're interested in Kary?

I'm seeing names thrown around and no reasons as to why.

Give me reasons plz.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Basically all I'm getting from Gheb is that we're wrong but he refuses to make a case against Swords/Orbo... Now all the sudden we're interested in Kary?

I'm seeing names thrown around and no reasons as to why.

Give me reasons plz.

Why don't you start figuring out things on your own for once? You gotta invest some of your own brainpower if you wanna find out stuff.

#HBC | Dancer

You said he's scummy, you tell me why.

[But fwiw I'm not too fond of Kary either]

He's null to me at the moment. I hated his line of questioning earlier about the whole policy lynch thing, as it seemed like forced scumhunting to me. Now though I'm not too sure. I liked his defense of Dietz, at the very least.o

So perhaps with your input you cold help my read of him. After all, it's cooperation that wins games.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
@TRG cuz this is D1. This is just what happens lol.

@GBizzle lack of direction. Lack of actual pressure. Tell me one stance he's actually taken all game that wasn't a result of sheeping. Look at his insistence of pushing your kill Gorf agenda at the beginning of the game. That to me screams scum trying to put up a front to scum hunt with whatever it can grasp at the beginning of the game. And what'd he do right after? Lurk until we finally left RVS. I'm sure there's more but I'm going off of memory.

Vote: Kary

In case you wanted some motivation to go this way.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Why don't you start figuring out things on your own for once? You gotta invest some of your own brainpower if you wanna find out stuff.

...What?

1) This is a complete misrep of my play considering
a) I practically started the Dietz wagon in the first place by being the first player to make a case against him
and
b) I've been the only player consistently arguing against lynching you over Dietz (and for the record you're not helping your case here)

which leads to...

2) Why would I suddenly change my opinion on Kary when I've already read every post and still consider Dietz the better option? Someone else needs to sway me.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
He's null to me at the moment. I hated his line of questioning earlier about the whole policy lynch thing, as it seemed like forced scumhunting to me.

Was he the only one to react that way? I remember other people were getting a bit hooked on that joke, what made Kary stand out to you?

@GBizzle lack of direction. Lack of actual pressure. Tell me one stance he's actually taken all game that wasn't a result of sheeping.

I think almost all players are guilty of this to some extent though. Or most are, at least. I don't see any difference to Orbo or Dietz here - or you for that matter. Is his reaction to my shenanigans the only thing that sets him apart of these players?

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Reason why Sword thinks I'm suspicious: "He's wrong"
Reason why Orbo thinks I'm suspicious: "I don't agree with his reads"
Reason why Kary thinks I'm suspicious: N/A
Reason why TRG thinks I'm suspicious: "His reads are different than those of others"

That's how you win games guys!

thats not even why i scumread you

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
It is. You just use a lot of words to make it look like it's not ... but it really is.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I am sitting here literally holding my head in my hands at how antagonistic Gheb is being.

Gheb you have just dug your heels and and refuse to work with anyone. You're sitting here going 'nuh-uh this is bad' rather than trying to work with anyone. On top of that, your reads seem completely arbitrary to me, because I don't understand where they're coming from.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Guys. Hey guys. Guys.

Lets just stick with the original plan and vote Dietz. Cop ID Gheb.

Dietz flips scum. Gheb is cleared as town. Then we lynch Kary.

Game over. Town wins.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I am sitting here literally holding my head in my hands at how antagonistic Gheb is being.

Gheb you have just dug your heels and and refuse to work with anyone.

Offering a different point of view =/= refusing to work with anyone =/= being antagonistic

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
We've been arguing between lynching Dietz/Gheb for the past like 3 pages now until Swords and Gheb decided Kary was the move.

*Sword and Gorf.

Also, toDay's play is *not* between Dietz and myself. Kary, Sword and Orbo are definitely options and Orbo also mentioned Gorf [though he never bothered to actually explain].

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Molly I hate Gorf's latest posts.

Gorf, me pushing Gheb wasn't scummy then and isn't scummy now. Throwing in some generic stuff that you can't back up ('sheeping' 'lurking') doesn't make for a convincing argument.

Would you actually lynch Gheb toDay or were you just saying that? I feel like you're pushing literally everything you can except Gheb.

#HBC | Dancer

Offering a different point of view =/= refusing to work with anyone =/= being antagonistic

"Hey Gheb, why don't you give me an opinion about player X?"

Gheb: "No, why don't you learn to think for yourself? Why don't YOU give your opinion about said player?"

Guys. Hey guys. Guys.

Lets just stick with the original plan and vote Dietz. Cop ID Gheb.

Dietz flips scum. Gheb is cleared as town. Then we lynch Kary.

Game over. Town wins.
The critical flaw in this plan is that Kary is not scum.At least not anymore.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I'm not voting Orbo/Swords until someone actually gives me a convincing case as to why I should.

Gorf is null and shouldn't be lynched.

Like I've been saying all day Gheb should be ID'ed but not lynched.

I'm 100% on board with lynching Dietz.

If nobody wants to lynch Dietz then I'll settle with Kary who has been a null scum read of mine all game.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
TRG I feel like i'm missing something because I don't get why you want Gheb copped but not lynched. The only reason I've seen is that 'Gheb has opinions'.

What would you do if Dietz flips town, cop results aside?

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
TRG I feel like i'm missing something because I don't get why you want Gheb copped but not lynched. The only reason I've seen is that 'Gheb has opinions'.

What would you do if Dietz flips town, cop results aside?

Gheb's antagonizing play has been messing with town uniformity and it's bothering me but not enough to lynch him. I just want him cleared as town so we don't have to worry about him anymore.

What happens after Dietz flip is all gonna depend on the cop results actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom