• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mini Mafia Game Thread | Newbies are welcome! | Town wins Gheb's game | Zen next to host!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I think I'm the only person left that would actually prefer Dietz over Gheb at this point... Gheb never even had a scum read on Dietz, Gorf doesn't know what's going on anymore, and Swords is on the fence.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Oh and before a joke slips past you again no I don't actually think you think I should wagoned toDay and it's not scummy that I said that, cool?

And it's not scummy that I said that.

Or that.

That either.

You get where I'm going with this man?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Too ... many ... posts to read ;_;

I'm still not really convinced Dietz is scum and would rather not lynch him at the moment. In fact, I'd only sway from Orbo / Sword lynch if I have to vote for Dietz in order to not get lynched myself. I hope some of you people start to assume reason.

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Also, I'm super uncomfortable with Sword being the swing vote him and am surprised nobody has an issues with him being put in that position.

#HBC | Gorf

Oh don't worry TRG I know what's going on. There's just this awesome thing about mafia where secretly you don't have to read everything to have a strong opinion. You'll learn the power of skimming as time flies by man :)! I'm still gung ho on the Dietz lynch if we're not going Kary. Gheb is null at best for me since (and he'll admit it too) his play is inherently anti town.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Meh I don't have the willpower to argue Dietz over Gheb anymore... Nor the experience to argue against meta reads.

We all CAN agree to at least Cop Dietz though, right?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Mah bad gorf i could have sworn you called gheb town somewhere
GBizzle my man, I totally think Kary's scum!

Everybody getting on Gheb's case for continuing the Gorf deserves to be lynched thing and the not explaining his town reads thing should totally halt. If it helps, trust me when I say that those are some of the nullest tells in the book man! He's called me town in enough posts to ensure that the whole lynching Gorf thing is either a joke (which I find radically HIGHLARIOUS!) or some form of a posting restriction. So don't look into it bros. Who cares that he doesn't explain his town reads? Ask all you want, sure, but if he tells you that he doesn't care to explain it, it's because he thinks there's no reason to explain it. At least he's telling you guys that he won't explain it rather than ignoring it completely. He's got more information out there than that, so stop just scratching at the surface of his posts and look at the content provided man! It's actually more groovy than what I can say for most of the content flowing in this game so far!

That being said, my read on him is null at the moment, but that's not a bad thing man! I've already decided my lynch pool toDay, and if you guys have lynch pools decided, at least have good reason for it man! Geez, the vibe's growing weaker and weaker man :(

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Cus your reads are whack and are based off an extremely mechanical line of thinking.

I'm not sure if you've agreed with a single read me/Orbo/Swords have had.
Swords beat me to it but your reads have been odd and I don't think you've been on the same page with anyone I think is town throughout this game.

So I'm scummy because I'm not a tool and am actually able to think independently? My reads don't match yours and therefore you have an issue with me and think I'm scummy? Because I don't yield as easily to your attempts to manipulate me as you'd want me to?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Also, I'm super uncomfortable with Sword being the swing vote him and am surprised nobody has an issues with him being put in that position.
Do you really think he ended up as the swing vote and he's scum? If you're town he could have just hammered you, surely? Come on.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
So I'm scummy because I'm not a tool and am actually able to think independently? My reads don't match yours and therefore you have an issue with me and think I'm scummy? Because I don't yield as easily to your attempts to manipulate me as you'd want me to?

Keep reading... your... Determination to think independently is once of the main reasons I think we should keep you alive over Dietz which is in one of my posts back there... somewhere

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
IThe critic, sitting in his chair. Sees the logic but fails to see the soul.

Focusing on one post and accusing that player of being scum w/o looking at the rest of his play based off a generic & untrue accusation is not scumhunting Gheb.

Same goes to you, Sworddancer. Cherry-picking one of my post and slapping the generic null-tell of "armchair critic" into my face isn't scumhunting either. Not like you've done any such thing all game.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Do you really think he ended up as the swing vote and he's scum? If you're town he could have just hammered you, surely? Come on.

Dumb post. Of course he could end up in this position as scum. I mean you guys are virtually begging for it to happen with how you tunnel this Day phase down to me or Dietz being the play.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Keep reading... your... Determination to think independently is once of the main reasons I think we should keep you alive over Dietz which is in one of my posts back there... somewhere
It shouldnt be. Gheb goes on this tirade at least once a game regardless of alignment

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'm still gung ho on the Dietz lynch if we're not going Kary. Gheb is null at best for me since (and he'll admit it too) his play is inherently anti town.

Not going for fake compromise =/= how you'd like me to play =/= inherently anti town

#HBC | Gorf

Not going for fake compromise =/= how you'd like me to play =/= inherently anti town

Oh I don't care that you don't fake compromise or anything. Your words not mine man! Your play IS inherently anti town seeing how you refuse to cooperate with the six other players in this game. If you're town, that means you know four of the players you refuse to cooperate with are town. Therefore, you're being anti town. Was that too hard to follow or should I make a tye dye shirt with a diagram of it?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Aight I'm back and fed and feeling better and here's how I'm seeing things atm:

IMO Gheb's potential asset is his reads which if I'm not mistaken right now is Swords/Orbo scum. I frankly think his labeling Orbo scum is him whistling dixie through a straw because he just doesn't like how Orbo plays as he's said before, but I do take stock in his Swords read if he's being truthful.

I have no idea how to read Swords, and if TownGheb thinks he's scum I'd be inclined to give that weight on the assumption that Gheb has played with him and knows how to read him more than I can. If Gheb is right it's something that needs to be known.

Thing is of course we can't trust he's not bull****ting it if we don't know his alignment, and I doubt he'll do much more if he's alive over alignment being shown. Here's the rub: If we kill me and cop Gheb, cop HAS to out in order for Gheb's opinions to be fully useful. In reverse, the cop doesn't have to out an inno on me because no one gives a **** about my terrible reads so far as long as I'm not one of the scum team. They probably would anyways, but they don't have to, and options are always good.

If we kill Gheb we all get to see his alignment, if we don't the cop has to tell us what it is and that's worse. That's my take on it. #obviouslybiased

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Gheb forget everything else and please focus on why we shouldn't be tunneling you/Dietz and vote Swords/Orbo instead.

It's kinda important to your survival here...

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
You still haven't convinced us why Swords is scum.

What does it take to convince people anyway? It takes the mere caprice of people to lynch me but I am expected to magically "convince" you of all people. I can try to convince you but I don't expect it to work and I don't know what it takes to convince you.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
There's some assumptions there like assuming that Gheb can read Swords, but it makes sense to me. If I flip inno no one really gains anything from it, and if Gheb is actually scum we all get to know without outing a cop.

Now I have to read all the posts that I missed though... :U

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
What does it take to convince people anyway? It takes the mere caprice of people to lynch me but I am expected to magically "convince" you of all people. I can try to convince you but I don't expect it to work and I don't know what it takes to convince you.

You're not even gonna attempt to make a case?

...OK?

Why should we keep you alive instead of Dietz, then?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Your play IS inherently anti town seeing how you refuse to cooperate with the six other players in this game.

I don't refuse to cooperate with them, they refuse to cooperate with me.

I frankly think his labeling Orbo scum is him whistling dixie through a straw because he just doesn't like how Orbo plays as he's said before

And for the very same reason the majority of people is down my throat right now. Funny how easy it is to nudge people and ask and demand me to do things when the majority is with you, isn't it?

It's kinda important to your survival here...

Terrible line of thinking. My win condition isn't surviving - it's to eliminate mafia. My survival is of secondary importance.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Terrible line of thinking. My win condition isn't surviving - it's to eliminate mafia. My survival is of secondary importance.

Idk man, if the choice is between me who I know is inno and another slot that I have no idea about: I'm going to pick me living every time because I know it's right and the other slot very well could be scum

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
But the choice isn't between you and I.

It's between you, Gorf, Kary, Sworddancer, Orbo, TRG and I.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
(lul, that wasn't a complement. It means you dragged Gheb into a situation he wasn't comfortable with by doing things in thread without thinking about them)

You're really bad at telling when I'm not being serious. >.>

That question was bait to see if you'd value attempting to save yourself over scum hunter, so nice answer I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom