• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mini Mafia Game Thread | Newbies are welcome! | Town wins Gheb's game | Zen next to host!

Status
Not open for further replies.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Long and empty. I don't think I've ever seen Sword playing like that - not as town, that is. A sword lynch is an option we should definitely consider toDay.

:059:
You haven't seen me play this style before is literally the worst reason ever to want to lynch someone.

While it is true that I fluffed up my 1198, I did get my stances in, so it's not like it's actually empty. Focusing on one post and accusing that player of being scum w/o looking at the rest of his play based off a generic & untrue accusation is not scumhunting Gheb.

#HBC | Dancer

1) I'm not thoroughly convinced Gheb's opinions are totally whack (albiet unpopular), and is one of the main reasons I'm giving him another chance to explain his reasoning behind wanting to vote Swords
2) Assuming both Jdietz and Gheb are town Gheb would be more useful to town with his unique reads IMO
3) I still think Jdietz is more scummy, overall
I think I'm going to move TRG above Gorf in my town reads. So now it's Orbo > TRG > Gorf in terms of towniest to scummiest.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
1) I'm not thoroughly convinced Gheb's opinions are totally whack (albiet unpopular), and is one of the main reasons I'm giving him another chance to explain his reasoning behind wanting to vote Swords
2) Assuming both Jdietz and Gheb are town Gheb would be more useful to town with his unique reads IMO
3) I still think Jdietz is more scummy, overall
Gheb. More useful to town. Brb laughing my goddamn ass off.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
It wasn't a comment specific to this game so much as a comment on ghebtown overall. I still think dietz is more null than scummy and if you could explain why you are scumreading him itd he cool

#HBC | Dancer

Kary said:
I feel like you're trolling me here Swords.
I'm not though. I mean, I am, but the point I'm making is cereal. I'm looking back at page 28 and I'm hating that conversation you had with Gheb. Gheb wasn't actually trying to lynch Gorf, and I hate the fact that you were actually getting caught up on it like it really meant something.

As if you did anything to "prove" others scum. You've been the most worthless slot so far next to Sworddancer and the only thing you have in your favor right now is TRG's bias.

:059:
The critic, sitting in his chair. Sees the logic but fails to see the soul.

As if "worthlessness" ever had that much to do with someone's alignment.

#HBC | Dancer

So uh, how does this voting system work again? What's with this vote lock thing? I don't want to be moving my vote around just to see that I preemptively lynched someone.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
I dont think its being used toDay but as soon as everyone is voting whoever has the most votes At that point gets lynched.Imo we have a townread or two hold their votes back to.prevent a surprise alpha or a nl.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
It wasn't a comment specific to this game so much as a comment on ghebtown overall. I still think dietz is more null than scummy and if you could explain why you are scumreading him itd he cool

My case is back on Page 30 but I'll summarize it for you:

1) Call out Jdietz for playing it safe and not providing any confident reads/votes
2) Defends himself by bringing up his meta instead of his intent which is a huge red flag in my eyes
3) After calling him out for not pressuring anyone he decides to play it safe yet again by voting the one person who hadn't posted yet, which was Swords

Then for the rest of the game he goes back to asking baseless questions, defending himself with his meta once again (post #1252), and placing yet ANOTHER safe vote by voting for Gheb after you and other people already established that he was acting scummy.

Jdietz's play throughout Day 1 literally screams scum playing it safe. But even if I'm wrong and he's town his very reactionary/safe playstyle isn't contributing to my scum hunt at all, and I'm trying to win so I ain't got time for that.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Swords beat me to it but your reads have been odd and I don't think you've been on the same page with anyone I think is town throughout this game.

But your opinion on Orbo/Swords will have a lot more merit if you're cleared by the Cop as opposed to lynched.
Why? Clear is clear dead or alive. He isn't going to be magically more or less right because of a cop action.

Easy push glarore.

Sloppy. There's an obvious disconnect between what Gorf was telling Gheb and Kary's line of questioning. It's obvious that both Gheb and Gorf weren't being serious about it. Kary was though, so for Gorf to question Kary because Kary was seriously trying to push Gheb off the fact that "he was trying to policy lynch Gorf" (which, hint, he really wasn't) was totally legit.

This is an extremely surface level examination of intent. You failed to pick up on an Gorf's obvious intent wrt his posts towards Gheb and you're accusing him of hypocrisy because of it. Don't like.
It got you to stop lurking. You hadn't said a SINGLE WORD about the game until I put a vote on you, it achieved it's full merit as a vote.

So sue me for not noticing. Is being stupid a scumtell now? I asked because I didn't understand: Gorf made me understand by answering. I dislike you're using my ineptness as a reason to push me.

Would kill today:
Orbo
Gheb
Sword

Would not kill today:
Kary
TRG
Gorf

Unvote

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
My case is back on Page 30 but I'll summarize it for you:

1) Call out Jdietz for playing it safe and not providing any confident reads/votes
2) Defends himself by bringing up his meta instead of his intent which is a huge red flag in my eyes
3) After calling him out for not pressuring anyone he decides to play it safe yet again by voting the one person who hadn't posted yet, which was Swords

Then for the rest of the game he goes back to asking baseless questions, defending himself with his meta once again (post #1252), and placing yet ANOTHER safe vote by voting for Gheb after you and other people already established that he was acting scummy.

Jdietz's play throughout Day 1 literally screams scum playing it safe. But even if I'm wrong and he's town his very reactionary/safe playstyle isn't contributing to my scum hunt at all, and I'm trying to win so I ain't got time for that.

Seriously, if you DON'T understand why I'd try and get reads from asking people questions you're being thick. It's not a meta based defense though it is my meta, I ask questions because I don't understand things and want to understand the game.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Why? Clear is clear dead or alive. He isn't going to be magically more or less right because of a cop action.

I'd rather have Gheb cleared through the less risky method (cop investigation) rather than lynching. If you flip town and Gheb is cleared by the cop then his opinion on Swords/Orbo would have a lot more merit.

#HBC | Dancer

TRG said:
Based on my play Day 1 as well as everyone's opinions towards me I have a strong suspicion that I'm the most likely to be Night Killed... Do what you wish with this opinion, Doc.

Holy **** no. What utter trash WIFOM this is. Ugh.

unvote

I'm the swing vote, eh? Well well well, doesn't THAT make me feel powerful! :cool:

Orbo, Dietz, Kary, you guys explain to me why Gheb should die toDay?

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Yoy are taking the risk that gheb is actually right as opposed to just stubborn. (Hint-he's usually wrong more then right)

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
No, but I'd be fine with any of you going.

I don't feel confident that you've been playing like the Orbo I'm used to, Gheb makes my head hurt, and I'm inclined to see Gheb's point of view on Sword's contributions so far as in:

Swords came in with a huge post bashing TRG, then flipped it on a dime after his one post condemning me, and now all he's doing is pushing me for the easy lynch using stupidity and "oh look obvious actions" as reasoning.

I'm pretty sure town is going to kill me for being bad at scumhunting, so I'm getting this **** all out here now so they can see it my way if I go.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I'm not though. I mean, I am, but the point I'm making is cereal. I'm looking back at page 28 and I'm hating that conversation you had with Gheb. Gheb wasn't actually trying to lynch Gorf, and I hate the fact that you were actually getting caught up on it like it really meant something.
I wasn't saying that Gheb was trying to lynch Gorf. And I wasn't pushing him because I thought he was trying to lynch Gorf. I was pushing him to actually explain himself, because Gheb repeating stuff that he does not believe in does not tell me anything about his slot.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Seriously, if you DON'T understand why I'd try and get reads from asking people questions you're being thick. It's not a meta based defense though it is my meta, I ask questions because I don't understand things and want to understand the game.

It's not that you're asking questions, it's the fact that you've been asking questions and doing nothing else. No votes, no pressure, bandwagoning, etc. It's an easy playstyle for scum to hide behind and doesn't contribute to scum hunting at all.

Swords was able to help the town more with 1 post than you've been able to contribute all game, which is very telling.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Holy **** no. What utter trash WIFOM this is. Ugh.

unvote

I'm the swing vote, eh? Well well well, doesn't THAT make me feel powerful! :cool:

Orbo, Dietz, Kary, you guys explain to me why Gheb should die toDay?
Honestly it's because he's been unhelpful and trying to read him makes my head hurt and I'd rather just know if he's being genuine or not. Plus he gave a "I don't have to explain things because I pretended I did it already" line that he gave verbatem as scum in Koopa vs Kefka which I was not okay with. I don't think I've ever played against Gheb-town though so that might be null.

I'm second guessing everything about it, but like anyone gives two ****s what I say around here.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I'd rather have Gheb cleared through the less risky method (cop investigation) rather than lynching. If you flip town and Gheb is cleared by the cop then his opinion on Swords/Orbo would have a lot more merit.
The point is that we all know what Gheb's reads are. They don't gain added value by virtue of him being alive.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Swords was able to help the town more with 1 post than you've been able to contribute all game, which is very telling.
In what way? Swords is a hella good town.player while dietz hasnt played a regular game as town since we hydrad in ryus toonami kafia,which again was his first game in a while since idek.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's not that you're asking questions, it's the fact that you've been asking questions and doing nothing else. No votes, no pressure, bandwagoning, etc. It's an easy playstyle for scum to hide behind and doesn't contribute to scum hunting at all.

So tell me then: am I scum for it? Read my intent even if my actions suck.

Which post by Swords do you think holds that much merit.

#HBC | Dancer

It got you to stop lurking. You hadn't said a SINGLE WORD about the game until I put a vote on you, it achieved it's full merit as a vote.

So sue me for not noticing. Is being stupid a scumtell now? I asked because I didn't understand: Gorf made me understand by answering. I dislike you're using my ineptness as a reason to push me.
I would have stopped lurking, with or without your vote.

Stupidity is 100% not a scumtell; sloppiness can be though. I have a hard time believing your push was genuine. Are you trying to catch scum, or are you trying to appear like you're catching scum?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I would have stopped lurking, with or without your vote.

Stupidity is 100% not a scumtell; sloppiness can be though. I have a hard time believing your push was genuine. Are you trying to catch scum, or are you trying to appear like you're catching scum?
I'm legit trying but frankly I'm starting to give up.

#HBC | Dancer

No, but I'd be fine with any of you going.

I don't feel confident that you've been playing like the Orbo I'm used to, Gheb makes my head hurt, and I'm inclined to see Gheb's point of view on Sword's contributions so far as in:

Swords came in with a huge post bashing TRG, then flipped it on a dime after his one post condemning me, and now all he's doing is pushing me for the easy lynch using stupidity and "oh look obvious actions" as reasoning.

I'm pretty sure town is going to kill me for being bad at scumhunting, so I'm getting this **** all out here now so they can see it my way if I go.
Because people chance their minds Dietz. It's the people who think that they should stubbornly lock in a read who are bad at this.

@Ninja: Nvm he's flipping on TRG again.
No I'm not, I just hated that post. Still think he's town.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
The point is that we all know what Gheb's reads are. They don't gain added value by virtue of him being alive.
True basically what I mean to say is that I'd prefer for him to alive and cleared as opposed to dead and cleared for more opportunities to delve into his reasoning

In what way? Swords is a hella good town.player while dietz hasnt played a regular game as town since we hydrad in ryus toonami kafia,which again was his first game in a while since idek.
1) Swords immediately took stances upon posting
2) He showed conviction in his stances as opposed to acting wishy washy
3) Called out scummy behavior
4) He actually placed a vote lol

But if he hasn't been town in a while I guess that makes some sense.

So tell me then: am I scum for it? Read my intent even if my actions suck.

Which post by Swords do you think holds that much merit.
Too lazy to go back and quote it but that first long post of his.

In terms of you being scum or not I'd say it's enough evidence for you to be. Scum always try to show good intent which I think you've been trying to do by asking so many questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom