• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mini Mafia Game Thread | Newbies are welcome! | Town wins Gheb's game | Zen next to host!

Status
Not open for further replies.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I can change it from "equal the non-gunbearing townies" to "equal all remaining townies" if people think that's better.

:059:

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Im not sure why the gun bearer wouldnt count considering town still has the chance to win in 3v2 due to pure outshooting

Sokr

Smash Journeyman
I think I'll play Luigi's mansion through before joining another game. I can't focus on two games at once.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Actually, the problem with the rule is the following: If I were to change it then a 1v1 situation could occur in which case town always wins.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
5 vs 2 -> 1 gunbearer + 4 non-gunbearers vs 2 scumbags; if misshot:
4 vs 2 -> 1 gunbearer + 3 non-gunbearers vs 2 scumbags; if misshot:
3 vs 2 -> 1 gunbearer + 2 non-gunbearers vs 2 scumbags; this would already be a loss for town, therefore only one misshot is possible.

In order to fix this problem I'll use the following rule: town loses when the amount of remaining townies is equal to the amount of remaining mafiosi. That way the amount of misshots needed for mafia to win is exactly the same as the minimal amount of correct shots needed for town to win. The game should be fine then.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
That seems to assume that this works like a normal setup with a normal gun.

There's no reason why you can't make the rules so that the mafia just win in a 1v1 or a 2v2.

edit: good ninja

Sokr

Smash Journeyman
Rake's already in a game and I want to play something. I'm selfish :p

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
correct me if i'm ****ing wrong but these are the rules as stated:

mafia wins when their number equals the number of townies without guns.

5 town, 2 scum..... means 4 townies without a gun.

1 mislynch means 3 townies without a gun.

2 mislynches means 2 townies without a gun, which is equal to the number of mafiosi, giving mafia the win.... hence town is only allowed one mis-shot.

Now are these the rules or not?

Now, I might come in here with a beef about the setup because as it happens I have an opinion on this kind of **** and I don't mind sharing it.
But as it happens I am just asking for clarification, because i genuinely don't know whether these are the exact rules, and I would like to know before I consider signing up.
Ah when people face Gheb's pretentiousness and win. Such a great feeling.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Confirming that my role pm is townie. Orbo what does that tell you?
If you are town, you prolly wont get the gun due to how erratic you can be. You are wrong early,but any scum who knows you will not want you to have a necromaf moment.
You actually saying you have a townie pm is null, because i dont know if gheb gave safe claims with that word

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
The game officially starts!

Zen is the gunbearer. He has time until the last minute of sunday 1st december to shoot Potassium, Sworddancer, Sokr, Vinyl, Orboknown or JDietz. If his target is mafia then the mafioso will die and Zen keeps the gun. If his target is townie then the targeted player inherits the gun and Zen dies. Every other rule is the same as any regular mafia game [no outside communication, no insults, etc];

Good luck and have fun!

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
If you are town, you prolly wont get the gun due to how erratic you can be. You are wrong early,but any scum who knows you will not want you to have a necromaf moment.
You actually saying you have a townie pm is null, because i dont know if gheb gave safe claims with that word
Excellent. Orbo Town.

Now I just have to do something anti-town here and give mafia some advice: Giving Orbo the gun would be your best option. He and myself are confirmed town at the moment. As he said you don't want to give me the gun because of my erotic erratic behavior. If you give the gun to a townie other than Orbo, then that means there will already be 3 confirmed townies. Giving the gun to Orbo will maintain there being only 2 confirmed townies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom