• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mini Mafia Game Thread | Newbies are welcome! | Town wins Gheb's game | Zen next to host!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
I did, I had to play natural and dyking around is natural to me as town.

Me making avatar jokes should actually be a null tell, me not doing much was scummy but I never really do much anyway :p
It was hiding behind the jokes and not doing anything that was scummiest.you do do **** as rown

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
AWWWWWWWW I didn't even have time to see if my terrible "math" gambit would've backfired on me... We just lynched Rake like we all knew we should

At least Rake didn't take that bait and claimed VT, countering a seer claim would have been automatic GG and I was really hoping we could have two hilarious self outs as scum

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah I don't know how many of you noticed, but that "Math" I did for Seer to out was not even close to true.

I can be

/In Popcorn

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
That's because there wasn't any lol, I just reversed the outcomes in my sentence and hoped scum was feeling under pressure enough to pop a claim "before the real seer outs" without thinking about it.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
AWWWWWWWW I didn't even have time to see if my terrible "math" gambit would've backfired on me... We just lynched Rake like we all knew we should

At least Rake didn't take that bait and claimed VT, countering a seer claim would have been automatic GG and I was really hoping we could have two hilarious self outs as scum
Wasn't worth the time to claim Seer anyway.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Its nightless so theres no NK and it takes three misshots to win for scum
Incorrect. Using the rule set that Gheb posted, mafia wins when the number of town equals the number of mafia, meaning that mafia wins in this set up with only one misshot. Furthermore, if mafia has to get three misshots, then there would be no way for them to win in this set up. Even if town misshot twice, there would be no way for the last townie to misshoot.

Popcorn mafia really only works with multiples of 3. Gheb should change the number of players to 6 (4 town vs. 2 mafia). Getting only one misshot is whack and defeats the purpose of handing the gun off.

Kantrip

Kantplay
2 mafia
4 townies
1 cleared townie with a gun

*shoots a townie and dies*

2 mafia
3 townies

2 mafia
2 townies

2 mafia
2 town

GG?

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Not really.

This is 5 v 2. Townie A gets the gun and shoots Townie B. Townie A dies and Townie B is gunman. 4 v 2. Townie B shoots Townie C and yea. 3 v 2. Unless this is game (which I doubt it'd be), Townie C will have townie D and E and Scumbags A and B to choose from, and if he shoots a Townie, it becomes 2 v 2 game over. 2 misshots granted.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Someone hammer because I missed my chance to say "MAaaaAAaaaAariiooooooOooo...?" in the Luigi's Mansion thread before it started :C

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
correct me if i'm ****ing wrong but these are the rules as stated:

1. Nightless; 6 townies, 3 mafia.
  2. The mafia pick a townie to be the first gunbearer.
  3. The town discuss amongst themselves, and the gunbearer picks someone to target by posting shoot: [player name]. Anything else is a fake shot.
  4. If their target is mafia, the target dies and the gunbearer keeps the gun.
  5. If their target is town, the gunbearer dies and the target becomes the new gunbearer.
  6. Repeat until all mafia are dead, or the mafia's numbers equal the non-gunbearing townies.
  7. If the deadline hits, the gunbearer will shoot themselves and the mafia pick a new gunbearer. The gunbearer is announced publicly each day, and is therefore confirmed innocent.
mafia wins when their number equals the number of townies without guns.

5 town, 2 scum..... means 4 townies without a gun.

1 mislynch means 3 townies without a gun.

2 mislynches means 2 townies without a gun, which is equal to the number of mafiosi, giving mafia the win.... hence town is only allowed one mis-shot.

Now are these the rules or not?

Now, I might come in here with a beef about the setup because as it happens I have an opinion on this kind of **** and I don't mind sharing it.
But as it happens I am just asking for clarification, because i genuinely don't know whether these are the exact rules, and I would like to know before I consider signing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom