• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mini Game | Werewolves win

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
i'm back, baby.

what did i do? do either of you actually think i'm wrong? man, all I did was put myself in the shoes of the werewolves and work out who was likely to kill kary. i didn't even change my vote because of it ....
.............:011: though my vote was already on Generic.

The game was moving slowly, so I decided to look at the past. I remembered that I kinda just glanced over Kary's death without thinking about it, so I decided to finally think about it.

so i'm gonna ask one more time, do you actually think i'm wrong??? y'all seem to be ignoring the fact that Kary was suspicious as :069: when the WWs killed them. I'm not even trying to use it as decisive proof, I just threw it out there cuz we all sort of assumed Kary was killed for being and IC, which I now think is extremely unlikely.

everyone is kinda reserved in this game so i kinda have to look deep to actually get anywhere.
I said I'm gonna lynch anyone who continues with this WIFOM bs.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
How does everyone else feel about a Zalak lynch Today?
And if not, what about Generic?
And if still no, then who?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
As long as one of Generic/Zalak are lynched toDay, I'll be a happy J.

Mainly because I just see myself lynching Zalak/Generic back to back so the order doesn't matter.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Scum regardless but I lean on them not being on the same team. I look at it more of MvW.

Stretchy Zalak seems more likely to be mafia with his paranoia WW theory and seems to only be hunting for WW. Generic seems more WW with his blah-zei opportunistic nature.

Just my $0.02.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
@ #HBC | J #HBC | J up until now, i've been operating under the assumption that the WWs could just kill the mafia members in a 2v2, so I figured the WWs would just keep killing people who are generally the most town read. That's why I wanted to eliminate the WW and their nightkill asap.

I also wouldn't say I've been avoiding hunting for Maf or anything like that. It's just that I openly said I would prefer to lynch a WW. Up until my Kary NK analysis, I'm pretty sure I've just been looking at general scummyness. Now I get why ya'll are worried about both of them equally, so I'm good to back away from Generic for a bit investigation-wise. He's still #1 on my scum list though, so the vote stands.

right now, i think the players who need to be investigated most are GR(e)G, you, and orbo. I feel like the Orbo investigation is kinda happening naturally though, cuz he's actually become quite active. He hasn't posted anything questionable, but I've been liking his content so far. One thing that worries me about Orbo though, is he's acting like he's never played a game with me in his life. He should know that I push hard, and he should know that I make *AHEM* "convoluted" theories. I kinda feel like he's using the fact that most players here are unfamiliar with my playstyle to his advantage, but he also said that his read on me isn't that intense, so he may have taken my playstyle into account already.

If it weren't for the ThatSmasher, I'd have a town lean on Orbo, but I don't think ThatSmasher had a shred of townieness in his soul. Orbo himself isn't shady though, he's just occupying a shady slot, and to be fair, I haven't played with ThatSmasher before, so he could just play like that. You really never know with new players.

so i'm worried about @ GreenReaperGod GreenReaperGod most of all, cuz he's both shady and inactive. I'm not as worried about RR, because I get an okay vibe from him, but I do want to see more content from the guy. I believe someone asked him for his reads a bit ago, but he hasn't responded yet.

By the way J, can you explain to me in your own words why Generic is scum?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Generic would be scum in my eyes due to his opportunistic nature of literally hopping onto anyone as a scum-read directly after someone makes a post against that slot. He has no reads that are genuine or reads of his own it seems and seems to just be floating along with whatever scum-read can net him a lynch that isn't himself. In the beginning I took this as Generic being new and just not knowing where to go, but now that is has become exasperated and he literally has jumped on every slot in the game so far, that leads me to believe he is more likely to flip scum.

To sum up why Generic would be a scum-lean for me is, he is opportunistic, not scum-hunting, and a floater. He lacks everything a towny should have and I feel strongly about this.

However, I would rather pressure your slot because your reaching statements come across as scummy and trying to paint people in a poor light rather than looking for scum-tells. Especially with your case on Generic, your back and forth push on my slot, and just your insistence of very obscure things like the WIFOM case which "cleared" me and someone else, but now you are saying I still warrant investigation. To me, it looks like you are saying that myself and Orbo need to be looked upon because we are looking at your slot in more detail. That looks OMGUS (Oh-My-God-You-Suck) moreso that you do not even question nor call out Rosa for doing the same thing. I feel you don't do that because you are scared to considering a lot of people think Rosa is town and you care about your PR (public rep) which strikes me as cautious and would lean more as a scum-tell. You also throw out Grim as a scum-read that needs to be looked into, but I do not get why. You're literally picking the second most inactive person *besides Red Ryu* and saying "Inactivity is Scummy" which I also do not like.

Generic may be opportunistic, You just have mal-intent reeking all over your slot on the other hand. That's why I am more comfortable with lynching you>Generic for toDay.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Also a common thing with Generic/Zalak is that they both have left themselves so many options on the table to fall back upon if they are "wrong" on a read of theirs. I dislike that as well because I cannot recall town-reads from either slot which is just as alarming.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
However, I would rather pressure your slot because your reaching statements come across as scummy and trying to paint people in a poor light rather than looking for scum-tells. Especially with your case on Generic, your back and forth push on my slot, and just your insistence of very obscure things like the WIFOM case which "cleared" me and someone else, but now you are saying I still warrant investigation. To me, it looks like you are saying that myself and Orbo need to be looked upon because we are looking at your slot in more detail. That looks OMGUS (Oh-My-God-You-Suck) moreso that you do not even question nor call out Rosa for doing the same thing. I feel you don't do that because you are scared to considering a lot of people think Rosa is town and you care about your PR (public rep) which strikes me as cautious and would lean more as a scum-tell. You also throw out Grim as a scum-read that needs to be looked into, but I do not get why. You're literally picking the second most inactive person *besides Red Ryu* and saying "Inactivity is Scummy" which I also do not like.
I said you were more or less cleared of being a WEREWOLF, my boy. I said NOTHING about you being cleared as MAFIA.

I'm not suspicious of you because you're pressuring me. I'm suspicious of you because when you started posting, I felt you were trying to take control of the game without actually posting anything useful. I was especially worried by the fact that you suddenly jumped on Generic while REFUSING TO DISPUTE MY ACCUSATIONS AGAINST HIM, but I've grown slightly less worried about this now that I see your reasons for wanting to lynch him do not line up with the accusations I posted earlier. Your reasons do line up with Slick's accusation from right after my NK analysis though. BAH, and you say my analysis was useless :073:. Also I still find it shady that you downright refused to dispute my claims against Generic, despite being asked several times. Your read on me is fine, however. I can see that you're comparing my actions to classic scum plays, and that seems like the thing to do, especially with someone you've never seen play before.

AS I STATED A MERE POST AGO, I am concerned about Orbo because of ThatSmasher. The fact that he didn't mention his past experiences with me just felt a little odd, that's all.

I WOULD CALL OUT ROSA, but they've never played with me in a game where I was town. I actually almost called them out on that before I remembered they only know me as the sneaky mafia guy.

Never once did I say being inactive was scummy. I just said we should try to look at inactive players, so we don't potentially let scum hide in the shadows.

I've always been moderately suspicious of Green, I was just too concerned about other players to really look into that slot. If you want, I can post a detailed read on em tomorrow, but I'm too tired to do that now.

Also a common thing with Generic/Zalak is that they both have left themselves so many options on the table to fall back upon if they are "wrong" on a read of theirs. I dislike that as well because I cannot recall town-reads from either slot which is just as alarming.
I have a town read on Rosalina, and a town read on Slick. Because of the way they turned on each other after my NK analysis, I no longer think Slick and Generic are a team.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Zalak, I'm giving you advice as an IC.

If person A makes a case against person B, it is not person C/D/E/F/G/etc.'s job to dispute the case that A made against B.

The only reasons one would do that is if 1.) They were passionate about their read of Person B. 2.) They had proof that person A was wrong on Person B. 3.) They are being too nosy for their own business.

You're bringing up a really faulty point against me and keep trying to throw it in my face. It was not my place to dispute your case, I was not interested in doing so, and it would have hindered the connections you two were drawing to each other and the views of those watching. It would have muddled the argument and the game would have become more convoluted then it already has been with the constant borderline spamming of the thread that happened pages ago.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Yeah, but it came to a point where I explicitly stated that I thought you were hiding something/trying not to slip up by giving a detailed read, and you still refused to add to the conversation, despite being asked. Despite the fact that your refusal to talk was very clearly making me suspicious of you, and adding more hysteria to the game. If you say no to a theory, and someone asks for for an explanation, I believe it's on you to give that explanation. You also could have just said exactly what you said just now earlier, and that would have been better than simply ignoring my requests. Like, to me, the way you wrote off my request for an explanation kind of feels like you were coasting on being an IC, and being seen as a superior player. Because you're an IC, you just said nah, this noob doesn't know what he's doing, so I'm gonna ignore him.

not cool dude

not cool

:042:

Answering my requests was very clearly a better option for the town than what you did. That's all there really is to say on the matter. I'll listen to your advice after this game is over, and I know what your role is.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Okay, I don't like Zalak's argument, but I really don't get a scum vibe from him. I get a "Needs to take a chill pill" vibe ;)

I've decided I'm going to vote for Generic. I've stated the reasons that I thought he was scum, and though he did do some good posts, he doesn't seem consistent. Zalak's arguments don't always make sense to me, but I feel he's consistent, and isn't afraid to put himself in the spotlight and disagree with everyone. Generic has taken a few risks, but not as many as Zalak, who's put himself out in the open, knowing that it could make him unpopular.

If anyone wants an explanation, I'll be more than happy to provide one.

Vote: *GenericHandle*

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
also you have to understand, when you say

and then you very blatantly use that advice to defend yourself, I find it very hard to trust you.
When he says, I'm giving you advice as an IC, he means that it's good advice, and applies generally, not just in this particular case. And I agree with the advice he gave. Yes, he used it to ignore your point, but he's explaining why he is and giving you some legitimate advice. Like, actually, that's good advice. Trust him. He wouldn't be IC if he was going to abuse it.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Votecount:
Voted | Voters | Votes
*GenericHandle* | Zalak, TheKingofKoopas, RosalinaSGS | 3 / 6
GreenReaperGod | Orboknown | 1 / 6
SlickWylde | *GenericHandle* | 1 / 6
Zalak | #HBC J | 1 / 6
Not voting: SlickWylde, Red Ryu, GreenReaperGod, Spak

:059:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Now that I'm giving Orbo's slot a chance (but he's still scum in my mind from the absolutely disgusting play of TSYK), Generic is now at the top of my lynch list. And we need to avoid a no-lynch.

Vote: *GenericHandle*

Who do you guys think should hammer?

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Unvote vote Generic
Zalek i think I've played one Game with you and i remember you being manjc post happy but that's about it. Reason the read on you is moreso a lean is because what you're doing isnt that huge really, at least not when generic is a bit more obvious to me

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
The one time I can actually post this weekend

THE ONE TIME

anyway my vote would have been for generic. Hopefully I'll be able to make a post detailing my leans before Gheb posts.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Whew that was a lot to read.

Generic would be scum in my eyes due to his opportunistic nature of literally hopping onto anyone as a scum-read directly after someone makes a post against that slot. He has no reads that are genuine or reads of his own it seems and seems to just be floating along with whatever scum-read can net him a lynch that isn't himself. In the beginning I took this as Generic being new and just not knowing where to go, but now that is has become exasperated and he literally has jumped on every slot in the game so far, that leads me to believe he is more likely to flip scum.

To sum up why Generic would be a scum-lean for me is, he is opportunistic, not scum-hunting, and a floater. He lacks everything a towny should have and I feel strongly about this.

Generic may be opportunistic, You just have mal-intent reeking all over your slot on the other hand. That's why I am more comfortable with lynching you>Generic for toDay.
This seems genuine, even if I don't agree with it.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Anyways it looks like I'll have to post a defense in a bit. After that, I'll post my reads.

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
@ GreenReaperGod GreenReaperGod Haven't heard from you recently. Who's town, who's scum, who are you voting for Today?
@ Orboknown Orboknown too
First off, sorry for the inactivity. I had family stuff all day saturday and my birthday was friday (check my account if you don't believe me).

Secondly, my leans:
  • *GenericHandle* - Scum Lean (who I would've voted for)
  • Zalak - Scum Lean
  • Orboknown - Slight Scum Lean
  • Red Ryu - Slight Scum Lean
  • Spak - Neutral
  • TheKingOfKoopas - Slight Town Lean
  • J - Slight Town Lean
  • SlickWylde - Town Lean
  • RosalinaSGS - Town Lean
I'll post explanations if I have time.

Sidenote: Y'all post way too much.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
So, I think Zalak v J is SvT. Please lynch one of them, whoever yall find more scummy, and lynch the other (or not) based on the one's flip. Lynch slick probably, and, uhh, make Red Ryu post.

Top Bottom