• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hong

The Strongest
They probably know of mods, but they might not know of project M as a separate entity. Remember their is a language gap and a small cultural gap because Japan has a more popular video hosting site Nico Nico.
For what it's worth, I would be surprised if Sakurai-san had not seen EVO last year. Plenty of people, myself included, flooded him with it during the Melee portion. At this point, NicoNico had an absurd number of viewers despite how early in the morning it was. Knowing Bandai Namco, I am at least sure some of the folks over there had seen it, as a number of them are rather fiery when it comes to fighting games.

Not sure if he would have been around to see PM, though.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
For what it's worth, I would be surprised if Sakurai-san had not seen EVO last year. Plenty of people, myself included, flooded him with it during the Melee portion. At this point, NicoNico had an absurd number of viewers despite how early in the morning it was. Knowing Bandai Namco, I am at least sure some of the folks over there had seen it, as a number of them are rather fiery when it comes to fighting games.

Not sure if he would have been around to see PM, though.
When you think of it like that, there is a sheer amount of people on his team or related to him in some form or another plus the huge amount of fan inquiries... Who knows if he was curious and looked it up.

Clipse

Smash Cadet
Well, Lucario Recovery Move is not the only one show. If I am not wrong, it is the first time that we got a the confirmation of the recovery from Luigi.
With that one, we got now 3 special attacks from luigi that are the same than brawl. The Down Special is the only one that havent been show, so maybe there is still a change to see the Vacuum cleaner like a new move from Luigi?

http://smashbros-miiverse.com/characters/luigi

upload_2014-2-4_10-10-14.png

IceDX

Smash Ace
NNID
TheIceDX001
really hyped that lucario is making a comeback (pun not intemded) i sure hope that extremespeed actually has a hitbox this time around

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Well, Lucario Recovery Move is not the only one show. If I am not wrong, it is the first time that we got a the confirmation of the recovery from Luigi.
With that one, we got now 3 special attacks from luigi that are the same than brawl. The Down Special is the only one that havent been show, so maybe there is still a change to see the Vacuum cleaner like a new move from Luigi?

http://smashbros-miiverse.com/characters/luigi

View attachment 7878
Isn't that his new jump animation.

Clipse

Smash Cadet
Isn't that his new jump animation.
I thought so too, but here you you can see him jumping:
upload_2014-2-4_10-32-58.png

that is also different from brawl i think, and in the new picture from today, he is starting falling back, like his recovery move from Brawl

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
He could also just be on the way up in the new picture while the older picture is him falling down. The new picture does look like a late part of the peak of up special, but since he is known to have new animations for jumping, we can't say for sure.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I thought so too, but here you you can see him jumping:
View attachment 7879

that is also different from brawl i think, and in the new picture from today, he is starting falling back, like his recovery move from Brawl
Hello again, Clipse. ^^ It is actually hard to say if that is Luigi's Up Special or just the start of his normal Jump (he and Mario does kida that pose when jumping). BUT, Luigi's fist looks enlarged, which happens with attacks, so that may actually be hs Up Special.

Anyways. Love these Lucario buffs. I just hope is Side Special will be better, too. ^^

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
They probably know of mods, but they might not know of project M as a separate entity. Remember their is a language gap and a small cultural gap because Japan has a more popular video hosting site Nico Nico. Who knows though, maybe an interviewer brought it to sakurai's attention or someone on the dev team has heard of it. Then again, I kinda have a feeling if they had heard of it they would try their hardest NOT to copy those ideas for legal reasons. I stills ay they pull from the same inspirations and mechanics so it is coincidental.
What legal reasons... There's nothing "legal" behind Smash mods, Nintendo can do whatever they want and I'm pretty sure they couldn't care less if they coincidentally "copy" something from a mod.

Also in the matter of moves, until the devs decide to announce or show a specific move I wouldn't trust random screenshots showing a move, remember he said anything could change. Some old moves might be there as placeholders.

-TAG-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuprSmashKing16
I find it surprising that just the aura mechanic alone is buffing Lucario. What next? Using Double Team will make Lucario faster at full power?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Now tell me if I'm wrong here. But Sakurai has never said if Aura building is the same as in Brawl, right? He only said that Aura's influence would be bigger this time around.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I hope they reveal that Pit gets this for a new taunt.
EDIT: I don't understand technology so skip to 21:22

Last edited:

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
I wish Pic of the Day would start being uploaded in the native resolution it will be in, whatever it ends up being, 720 or 1080.

And 3DS pictures in 3D when viewed on the system.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I can't say I disagree with any of the buffs so far. Samus, Bowser, and Lucario seem to be reaping the most benefits so far and it seems that Sakurai and his team are buffing things that actually need to be buffed for the most part.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I can't say I disagree with any of the buffs so far. Samus, Bowser, and Lucario seem to be reaping the most benefits so far and it seems that Sakurai and his team are buffing things that actually need to be buffed for the most part.
Well, most likely the others have as well. They're just focusing on the ones that need it the most (I.E Samus, Boswer, Link, etc.). Though I don't know why Lucario of all people needs buffs. He did very well in Brawl...

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman
I'M BACK

So, two obligatory moveset posts in a row...considering the fact that we got a character confirmation just Friday, I can live with that, especially since it revolves around buffing the Aura mechanic. These buffs and whatnot are making every character on the roster look interesting! I used to find Lucario and Bowser to be rather boring, but now they've peaked my interest.

KoRLumen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoRLumen
3DS FC
3437-3066-8679
I'M BACK

So, two obligatory moveset posts in a row...considering the fact that we got a character confirmation just Friday, I can live with that, especially since it revolves around buffing the Aura mechanic. These buffs and whatnot are making every character on the roster look interesting! I used to find Lucario and Bowser to be rather boring, but now they've peaked my interest.
Obligatory *piqued

Sorry, I couldn't resist xD

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Interesting to see them finding more visible and unique ways of utilizing the aura feature beyond a meager increase in damage.

KoRLumen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoRLumen
3DS FC
3437-3066-8679
It's fine. Correction isn't a bad thing. :grin:
On topic: Definitely agreed. Sometimes, I even forgot he was a part of the roster :\ But with the buffs, he seems more attractive as an option now.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I've noticed that Sakurai usually rushes character updates when a new character reveal is close to the last one. He did this between Toon Link and Sonic, Rosalina and Zelda, and Zelda and Dedede too.

Also, I'm glad the Luigi's super punch still has the same whiff animation with new facial expressions. It always cracked me up in Brawl because he'd always have a "welp, I guess this is how I die" expression when he'd turn upside down and it looks like it's going to be even more hilarious this time around.

WALUIGIOFFICIAL WAA

Smash Apprentice
26 Grimace Lane, Mushroom Kingdom, IMG EEK
I´m all out for the new buffs, but i have a strange feeling about a certain character named Bowser. The prospect of a faster and more menacing looking Bowser with DROPKICKS is an interesting one, but i have this gut feeling that Bowser will lose some of his strength in the new Smash game. Pretty much everytime a character in Smash gains a buff in one trait, such as speed, he loses something. They took this approach with Bowser before, and i believe they will do it again.

And i don´t believe that Lucario needed to be buffed. He was a pretty good character if you played him right.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Luigi still needs to use Dreamy Luigi for his Final Smash, and use the Poltergust for his Down Special. ^^

Also, Fatmanonice, you mean there MAY be Another character reveal coming? Mewtwo for this week's Direct!

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Luigi still needs to use Dreamy Luigi for his Final Smash, and use the Poltergust for his Down Special. ^^

Also, Fatmanonice, you mean there MAY be Another character reveal coming? Mewtwo for this week's Direct!
But I like the Luigi Cyclone... There's just a charm to it (plus recovery).

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Now tell me if I'm wrong here. But Sakurai has never said if Aura building is the same as in Brawl, right? He only said that Aura's influence would be bigger this time around.
Not sure, it's vague.

But even then Aura influence being bigger is probably better for the character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom