• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
Here's the low-down:

There's a war going on. (Previous pics showed this) Humanity is fighting itself in a brutal struggle, as always. Viridi, being the goddess of nature (and pretty much the greatest tree-hugger known to man), has gotten sick and tired of humanity treating nature like crap and starting wars and conflicts all the time.

So she drops Reset Bombs on the fight. The reset bombs literally reset the environment and make it an absolute overgrowth of plant life, while killing every human being nearby. It's like a nuke, except it only destroys man-made objects.

The irony here is that the greatest battle of all isn't ended even when the bomb hits. The Brawl ain't over.

And that's really all you need to know.
princess mononoke?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Because logic in their mind. People thought Spirit Tracks Link killed Toon Links chances, even though they're technically two different Links (for those unaware, there are multiple incarnations of Link, there isn't just one).
To be fair, all Toon Links look alike, so it's no wonder everyone thought all of those Links were the same guy.

Renji64

Smash Lord
I can't wait for ridley to be confirmed......as a stage hazard or boss that is.

At least now we have solid confirmation this isn't just gonna be a HD Brawl with new characters. Not that there'd be anything wrong with that, just means less complaints.
oh that is alot wrong with that for people who didn't enjoy brawl.

Last edited by a moderator:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Well so far with the Smash Series, we've never exactly had a game with prettier graphics with the exact same physics. It's always been modified or changed in some way, for better or for worse depending on your view..

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I just got in that chapter when you find Vrirdi in KIU, and today Sakurai shows her, how coincidental!
Anyways, glad to see that crazy loli goddess
Really? Cool...
Oh, and don't ask why, but trust me when I say your gonna hate Chapter 17, trust me...

Xaltis

Smash Hero
It's called having an opinion you judgmental jackoff. - -'
And it's being ungrateful, be glad we even have this game at all.

@ Xaltis Xaltis : I don't have the exact image but I translated the quote that Sakurai wrote but Japanese to English. It specifically said "Samus' trauma." I know Swamp has it.
What about what Tommy G stated?

Too bad "trauma" in Japanese roughly translates to external injury, not the trauma associated with what you know from the English language. They don't see the word the same way we do. Trauma just means physical pain, which qualifies any of the enemies Samus has ever fought.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Because her sense of "being grateful" seems to be the equivalent of unconditionally liking anything and everything about the game and updates and I'm not going to do that.

Just because I'm interested in a game doesn't mean I have to like everything about it or everything it's creator does. That's not how it works. At the end of the day, it's just a game. I can always play a different one or do something else entirely.

In short: I'm allowed to dislike and lack interest in certain aspects of a game and still look forward to it, thank you very much.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Because his sense of "being grateful" seems to be the equivalent of unconditionally liking anything and everything about the game and updates and I'm not going to do that.

Just because I'm interested in a game doesn't mean I have to like everything about it or everything it's creator does. That's not how it works. At the end of the day, it's just a game. I can always play a different one or do something else entirely.

In short: I'm allowed to dislike and lack interest in certain aspects of a game and still look forward to it, thank you very much.
Now you're putting words into my mouth. You don't HAVE to like every single screen shot, but when we get shown something really new that's good for all of us and you say its boring, you make yourself sound like an ungrateful kid. When there's pictures of just a character posing and nothing new to it, then yea obviously I wouldn't blame you for disliking those pics.

Accf124

Smash Journeyman
Because logic in their mind. People thought Spirit Tracks Link killed Toon Links chances, even though they're technically two different Links (for those unaware, there are multiple incarnations of Link, there isn't just one).
That was kinda a understandable reason to think Toon Link would be cut.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Now you're putting words into my mouth. You don't HAVE to like every single screen shot, but when we get shown something really new that's good for all of us and you say its boring, you make yourself sound like an ungrateful kid. When there's pictures of just a character posing and nothing new to it, then yea obviously I wouldn't blame you for disliking those pics.
"Good for all of us"? Who is putting words in whose mouth now? Just because some people like a new thing shown doesn't mean everyone does, nor does it mean that they have to and it doesn't automatically make them ungrateful for it.

Sakurai doesn't have to do these updates for us, as many like to argue, but just the same, we don't have to enjoy everything or anything he does show off.

Neither one is actually at fault for how the other ends up feelings. If it's not Sakurai's fault that what he thinks is interesting and wants to show off isn't what everyone else wants, then just the same way, it's not anyone else's fault if they don't find the same sense of interest in what Sakurai does or want the same thing he does for this game.

Sounds like to me that you just like to label people who disagree with your interests in regards to this as ungrateful. Sorry, but that logic is very flawed. If that's not what you mean, then maybe you should change how you talk so it doesn't come off that way.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
"Good for all of us"? Who is putting words in whose mouth now? Just because some people like a new thing shown doesn't mean everyone does, nor does it mean that they have to and it doesn't automatically make them ungrateful for it.

Sakurai doesn't have to do these updates for us, as many like to argue, but just the same, we don't have to enjoy everything or anything he does show off.

Neither one is actually at fault for how the other ends up feelings. If it's not Sakurai's fault that what he thinks is interesting and wants to show off isn't what everyone else wants, then just the same way, it's not anyone else's fault if they don't find the same sense of interest in what Sakurai does or want the same thing he does for this game.

Sounds like to me that you just like to label people who disagree with your interests in regards to this as ungrateful. Sorry, but that logic is very flawed. If that's not what you mean, then maybe you should change how you talk so it doesn't come off that way.
So you think getting new information isn't good for everyone? REALLY?

Sounds like you're getting really upset with this and am just trying to cause more trouble. You can stay angry, I will just ignore you now. :)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think Wave's got a point with that

We aren't poor, starving people on the streets desperate to get good and having trash thrown at us to be grateful for.

We are a consumer with plenty of options, and we can like or dislike at our leisure. We have the luxury to enjoy what we want to enjoy

We are here to enjoy the work, not be desperate for it

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
So you think getting new information isn't good for everyone? REALLY?

Sounds like you're getting really upset with this and am just trying to cause more trouble. You can stay angry, I will just ignore you now. :)
..So you're one of those kind, huh? The type that goes "lolurmadi'mrightstfu" when someone consistently stands against you? Eh, believe what you wanna believe, I guess. You honestly sound like the one who is irked here, to be honest.

You can calm down, you know. We're having a simple and calm debate here. It's just a discussion. Nothing more.

I think Wave's got a point with that

We aren't poor, starving people on the streets desperate to get good and having trash thrown at us to be grateful for.

We are a consumer with plenty of options, and we can like or dislike at our leisure. We have the luxury to enjoy what we want to enjoy

We are here to enjoy the work, not be desperate for it
Psycho hit the nail on the head. That's exactly what I mean.

Also, your mileage may vary on the "new information" as to whether or not someone else thinks it's good or not. Some people may think one piece of information is useful while another may think it amounts to nothing. It's all about perspective and interpretation.

That's why it's not automatically "good for everyone". No one person can decide is something is good for many others because we all have differing opinions.

Understand?

Xaltis

Smash Hero
..So you're one of those kind, huh? The type that goes "lolurmadi'mrightstfu" when someone consistently stands against you? Eh, believe what you wanna believe, I guess. You honestly sound like the one who is irked here, to be honest.

You can calm down, you know. We're having a simple and calm debate here. It's just a discussion. Nothing more.
No I'm not, stop trying to make it seem that way and just drop it. Calm down and get back to what we really should talk about.

I actually predict we'll have something else new for the last pic of this week. All week we've had new things, so why not end off with something new as well?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Seeing today's pic made me wonder what we would get for a Wii U kid icarus stage. My guess is probably one from the first game, but if they decide to make a retro stage out of it I'll be miffed. The retro stages in Brawl were unplayable.
NES Era Underworld. Nuff said.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
No I'm not, stop trying to make it seem that way and just drop it. Calm down and get back to what we really should talk about.
Sounds like you're just trying to back out any way that you can. If your recall, this entire conversation was about the previous picture of the day and the current picture and why you apparently think my own and another's personal opinions and impressions of it are ungrateful and therefore "wrong" simply because we don't enjoy it the same way you do just because it's something new.

We aren't being off-topic at all, so we're already talking what we, in your words, "should be talking about", apparently.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Sounds like you're just trying to back out any way that you can. If your recall, this entire conversation was about the previous picture of the day and the current picture and why you apparently think my own and another's personal opinions and impressions of it are ungrateful and therefore "wrong" simply because we don't enjoy it the same way you do just because it's something new.

We aren't being off-topic at all, so we're already talking what we, in your words, "should be talking about", apparently.
OMG REALLY?? You're trying to make me seem like a bad person when I'm making points. But then when I try to be the nice person and just drop it you're still name calling and trying to continue this?

Why? Get over yourself man lol

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
OMG REALLY?? You're trying to make me seem like a bad person when I'm making points. But then when I try to be the nice person and just drop it you're still name calling and trying to continue this?

Why? Get over yourself man lol
Oh wow, are you trying to play the victim here or something? Even though you started this whole thing to begin with? That's...a rather interesting choice of reactions, to put it mildly.

Also,

>still name calling

Pretty sure I only called you something one time and that was w few hours ago. Though at the same time, I was calling you out for trying to be so forceful with your judgment or character based solely upon a measly picture from a video game.

In addition, where do you get off saying that when you keep throwing around words like "ungrateful" as if it's a label? Isn't that a bit hypocritical?

And if you're feeling so uncomfortable, wouldn't it be wise to follow Venus's advice from earlier and just use the "Ignore" button rather than constantly responding to a person you can't stand because they're consistently calling you our for your rather shallow judgment and logic?

"If you can't take the heat, don't tickle the dragon" as they say.

Though I'm sure the "stay out of the kitchen" variant is more popular and mainstream. o.o'

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Let's not drift any further off topic. Arguing over why there is an argument is silly, and most definitely not what this thread is for.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Let's not drift any further off topic. Arguing over why there is an argument is silly, and most definitely not what this thread is for.
Good point. Moving right along then.

Since this all started from Viridi being in the background, I'll jump back into that stage. Think we might see someone else in the background like maybe Magnus? Or do you think he'd be better off as an Assist Trophy?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Good point. Moving right along then.

Since this all started from Viridi being in the background, I'll jump back into that stage. Think we might see someone else in the background like maybe Magnus? Or do you think he'd be better off as an Assist Trophy?
I think Magnus would be better as an Assist Trophy. (Though the Eggplant Wizard wouldn't be a bad choice either...)

Magnus didn't even appear on the chapter this stage is based on, so I think he would look a bit out of place. Also, the background where the humans are fighting seems too far away to even notice him...

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I think Magnus would be better as an Assist Trophy. (Though the Eggplant Wizard wouldn't be a bad choice either...)

Magnus didn't even appear on the chapter this stage is based on, so I think he would look a bit out of place. Also, the background where the humans are fighting seems too far away to even notice him...
Guess you do have a point. Plus, I'd love to see Magnus as an Assist Trophy myself. I honestly wouldn't mind playing with him either, but that's not something I'd ever expect to actually happen. Assist Trophy is more than enough.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Thank god a mode came in here to make him stop LOL

But yea, there's going to be a new thing in the pic today I'm sure of it.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Guess you do have a point. Plus, I'd love to see Magnus as an Assist Trophy myself. I honestly wouldn't mind playing with him either, but that's not something I'd ever expect to actually happen. Assist Trophy is more than enough.
Magnus being playable is a bit of a stretch, but could happen. I think he'd be a cool character to play as.

Him appearing as an Assist Trophy would be nice. I think he's the most likely Assist Trophy for the Kid Icarus series.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So, with a Nintendo Direct basically being a no go for tomorrow at this point, anybody have any expectations for tonight's update? Despite the letdown of there not being a Nintendo Direct and Smash's 15th anniversary barely getting any recognition, it's actually been a solid week so I'm expecting filler at best.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Pretty sure that's a chick. Just look at those thighs, man.
It's even called Mimicutie. And yeah, the legs are definitely feminine...

I must admit I laughed the first time I saw one of those fakes. Definitely a unique twist on the classic fake treasure chest monster that is usually depicted as a chest with a demonic mouth or something like that.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So what do you think tomorrow will bring? I'm hoping for an item. Don't know why, I just want one.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
So what do you think tomorrow will bring? I'm hoping for an item. Don't know why, I just want one.
I do not want to see Mario or Rosalina tomorrow, we gone had two pictures of them this week. I want to see Peach or Wii Fit Trainer.

Something new? A new or updated move? An item, a stage, A CHARACTER REVEAL. I'm down for anything. Just as long as it won't be as terrible as LAST FRIDAY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom